Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Union of the Mundane and the Divine [Family & Friends]

His uncle stepped out of the shadow of the woods that surrounded them by the seat. It seems that his parents had been keeping this from the King, from everyone but now that they all know the circle around the enemies had tightened its grip. This gave Théo great strength knowing that when the time comes, he would not be alone in this fight, not only for Midvinter but for one of its sons. Gods be damned, for who knew them and of their plans for the peoples of Midvinter .. damn them all, all save one.

While uncle spoke to his brother, Théo stood back his mind racing with the idea he had only just conceived and trying to place together in necessary ‘components’ for the re-forging of the great sword. Little by little the pieces were falling together, what would be required to do it, who would need to help and one of them was here now.

“Uncle a word if I may”, he tugged at Thyrian’s arm, not looking to accept any refusal in his request. The pair walked toward a building and stood by the wall out of ear shot of the rest.

“This .. this curse upon my father. If the Gods be true, the curse will not be lifted by our hands but his only. They are cruel that way. Snowfall lies in pieces, the sword my father used against the Crone. It was not strong enough to withstand her before, but”, he looked up into the fire eyes of his uncles with determination. “We can re-forge it, make is stronger and more powerful”.

“I think you know. That the time for the return of the Crone is nearing and we all must be prepared, for we all know what is to come”, the thought of it made the blood in any Valkyri run cold but even this could not faulter the strength of them, all of them.

Out of the corner of his eye, Théo saw people gather in procession toward the ceremony, and the hour had drawn near to the service. No more talk of this until after the celebrations, Thrand’s hour was close at hand, and they all must turn their attention to his day.

“But first, let us all go watch your son wed”. It was time to forget for a while, and let their hearts be light with joy.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Thyrian Hearthfire"] | [member="Ylva Heavenshield"] | [member="Nida Perl"]

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
Never a dull moment...

While the men were to discuss the condition of her Father-in-law, Ylva was left to accompany [member="Coci Heavenshield"] and [member="Nida Perl"]; She however contributing only in presence rather than participating in their discussion as her mind fell to Thurion and her Husband, Théodred for the harsh reality that he was likely due to learn. Custom be damned, Ylva was strong enough to stand with the men of this family. Her initial desire had been to argue for the emotion that she had buried the day that Thurion had asked her to promise not to tell his Son about his closing mortality, and yet her word was and would always hold true. She had held her tongue, as she had done again today where the men were deserving of their time to learn and begin their mourn.

Walking behind her Mentor, and Nida, Ylva feigned her best to greet those around them with a welcoming smile. It was a hard time to be felt during a ceremony that ought to have been a day for pleasantries and joys; and on the outside Ylva did nothing to provoke the newlyweds guests into thinking anything different. The dress, they show of her skin, it was all about as natural as her smile. She truly wished to look the part, and give the couple her best on their day of days. Honor and integrity at times demanded the sacrifice of personal ambitions, and though many might think little of the appearance she bore, Ylva was the least bit comfortable about her garments, let alone having left her Axe's back in their hearth. Ever the Warrior, rarely the 'Lady of Norvegr-fen'.

The wine called to her. Not that of Bjomolf's typical whining, but rather the dark ruby filled glasses that were presented in a row along one of the nearby tables. Reaching for one in passing, Ylva scooped it up and slew it back quicker than what was considered graceful for a highborn, another subtle rebellion against social status and what was commonly expected of those in her position. By the time she had passed the next table, the glass had been returned and she lost not a step behind her Mother-in-Law and Thirdas' beloved.

How she wished all problems could be solved with a swing of an Axe...The release of a well-timed arrowhead.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Thyrian Hearthfire"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Ióunn Ar-Olwa"] | [member="Thrand Hearthfire"] | [member="Nina Heavenshield"]

There was a nod from the Phoenix King at his nephew's words as the two separated themselves from the others. "I have felt it too. I cannot imagine a being so powerful to lack in pride or arrogance; I fear Her retribution will be swift... and terrible." Long hours had the King spent alone on his throne, ruminating on what would come next. It seemed there was always a bigger threat than the next looming on the horizon, and where does one go after having defeated an invincible goddess? Though the Bringer of Dawn banished her back to her plane of existance, what's to stop her from mounting another assault? "I've... made preparations. In the case of a hasty escape from the capital. Your aunt disagrees, but if the Crone lays siege on Tháinbroek I've instructed her to take the children to your father for safekeeping." A heavy hand was placed on Théo's shoulder.

"It would prudent, I think, for you to make similar preparations, Nephew." A gentle pat before his gaze turned to his son busy catching up with Thirdas. Then to his brother, whose sprits seemed to have lifted some. "A King ought not yield his throne without a fight," he grimly stated, eluding to the fact that this escape plan of his did not involve himself. "My father laid down his life to save his family. What kind of son would I be, were I not willing to do the same for mine?"

But his nephew had the right of it, and so Thyrian turned back to Théo with a sudden smile followed by a gentle pat on the cheek. "As to your suggestion, we shall speak more on this later. Let us first pay witness to this joyous occasion."
gwiXXCV.png
The hour was upon them, and all had gathered down by the Frostvatn. To the people of Averlorn, this was a most sacred event; the Elves lead long lives, surpassing both Valkyri and Beorni by many centuries, and thus many only get to witness a royal wedding once. Even more historic was the fact that their new queen had chosen to wed a son of Men, rather than one of their own kind. Of course, for such an ancient race, there were some who held tradition more sacred than love and happiness, and thus grumbled at the notion of "watering down" the royal bloodline. But so many more had welcomed the new alliance between Aelvar and Valkyri, and thought the match as ideal as the bride and groom themselves did.

Thrand stood at the bank of the frozen lake, fidgeting with his surcoat in the notion that it seemed wrinkled despite the opposite. They all awaited the arrival of the Queen, for her to stride down the steps of her palace and follow the path to the Frostvatn. In her entourage would be her handmaidens, walking in front of her to sprinkle petals before her feet, and behind to carry her long veil which otherwise would drag in the dirt.

He looked to where his family stood all lined up, the women and children in front of the men - they were all very tall, after all. His mother stepped in briefly to reassure her nervous boy. "All will be well," she told him and reached up to cup his cheek, bidding Thrand to lean down so she might place a kiss upon it. Soon after the doors to the palace swung open, and out strode first two handmaidens, shortly followed by their queen and several other handmaidens. Thrand, like many others, was at a loss for words at just how beautiful she looked.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Ylva Heavenshield"] | [member="Nida Perl"]

Though Coci was putting up a respectable front, the somber notes that emanated from the Heavenshield family did not go unnoticed for the young emapth. However, whatever was troubling them had remained unspoken, and Nida did not call attention to it. Instead, she focused on taking in the new experience of Averlorn and bonding with Thirdas’ family. After delivering her to the room she’d be staying in, the three women headed towards the ceremony venue.

The matriarch of the family, Coci reminded Nida of her own mother, only less…outwardly aggressive. Both women were fiercely protective of their children, but Nida couldn’t help but think that the polite conversation would have turned into an interrogation session if Thirdas had met with Joza. Her stomach, already a little tense, knotted in nerves at the idea. “Quite well, I am learning so much. The Masters of the Order are very knowledgeable.” She’d engaged in more battles than she could count, the number far greater than she had initially anticipated. Though the Heavenshields and certainly Coci were no stranger to war, Nida felt that it was improper for her to bring it up. Especially at a wedding.

“I am glad that we were able to come back to Midvinter…I know that Thirdas has been looking forward to the wedding. And I’ve missed my time with the Dawnguard.” She continued with a smile as they walked. “I was learning about some of the more uncommon native medicinal herbs before we left. I hope to continue my study of them someday.” Thirdas had accompanied her on one of her trips into the forest, acting as a guide and protector while she searched for some plants that were known to be helpful at relieving pain when made into tea. She recalled that afternoon with fondness, and reflected on how long ago that had seemed, when only a year or so had passed.

Once they had reached the wedding site, Nida graciously procured a cup of wine from a passing cupbearer. While not accustomed to the burn that often accompanied alcohol, she found that she did enjoy the drink with a few sips. Her cautious nature and second liver were a safeguard from excess, at the very least. “Have you tried some of this?” She turned to Ylva with a smile and a gesture to her cup, having missed the woman’s earlier indulgence.

[member="Thrand Hearthfire"] | [member="Ylva Heavenshield"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

While the girls took a moment to relax and chat, Coci's mind was elsewhere, and her force bond with Thurion thick with emotion and the surge of ... relief? Not being present at the gather of the Heavenshield men, it was hard for her to pin point why, but she knew deep down. The relief was returned, it was like a heavy weight lifting off her that they now knew of Thurion's condition. No longer did she have to carry the burden of this secret, her shoulders relaxed as did her mind and a small sigh escaped her lips, the last of the remnants of tension.

The view from the window looked out across the main street, and people were filing toward the ceremony, it was time for them to re-join the others before the service started. She turned to see the Heavenshield men walking toward them. "It is time girls", she said turning back to them with a smile that now felt good. Coci placed down her glass of Aelvar wine that had not been raised to the lips. "Come", she left Nida's room to rejoin her husband.

She approached Thurion with a smile, linking arms with him and gently squeezing it to tell him everything would be alright. "You don't look to ... battered", she teased him, knowing her boys would not have been soft about their opinions, nor their raw emotions. Thyrian, on the other hand, well no doubt he was privately heart broken by the news. So protective of all this family, just like Thrand his father, this was a strong trait among the blood for Dawnbringer.

"I love you, now and beyond this life", she reassured him as they moved a little way from the rest of them, her own wedding vows repeated for times end. No matter what they would face, no matter what would become of them both, nothing would ever break them. Not even death.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Ylva Heavenshield"] | [member="Nida Perl"]

gwiXXCV.png

Her hand maiden entered the room informing her that the time had come, everyone was assembled and her beloved Thrand awaited her arrival. Ióunn stood by the mirror made of clear water that streamed down the wall, the light of it magical to the eyes and she looked at her dress of woodland green and royal purple. It was traditional with all the trimmings of the Avelar, her people but on the back embroidered was the sigil of House Hearthfire, Thrand’s sigil and hers combined.

The tree of life.

Ióunn dismissed her maiden, she had done everything in her duty and now it was time for Ióunn to be alone. Her procession was simple, as is their way, no adornments of rank, only the connection to the Averlorn and her people was on display. She stood there a girl, a woman, no crown upon her brow and her red hair braided simply.

Outside awaited her valar, a black as night and might creature she loved very much, and beside her mare stood the majestic Sleipnir, her gift to Thrand on this day of their union. She mounted Annith, there were no reins or saddle, on either of them, they are considered an offense to the Aelvar to place such things on them. And through the unspoken word, Annith walked along the procession route toward the clearing prepared for the service, Sleipnir equally walking beside them both.

There so no retinue following, no parade, just her alone but among the trees, voices sang a song of joy and love that would make the hearts of any break with emotion. The voices of the Aelvar beyond beautiful, regardless of whether others could understand them. It was music of wind and the trees, and the waters of Midvinter. And it trickled into the hearts and minds of all that stood here today.

https://youtu.be/EMz-P0DYQmk​

She saw her beloved standing waiting for her, and she smiled forgetting all and everyone around her, as she passed between the corridor of people come to witness them joining. Annith and Sleipnir halted before him, and she dismounted to move to stand beside him, ready to take her vows as she reached for his hand to take in hers.

The boy she once knew, now the man before her. His long white hair shone ablaze in the Sun with light that seemed to bleed into the surroundings with a glow. So handsome, so beautiful he is to her, with emerald eyes and a smile that stops her heart. She raised their hands between them, all she wanted to do was to kiss his lips and hide away from the world in their own special place.

There would be time enough for that soon.

"I know your face", she whispered softly, as one of her hands raised and caressed his cheek.

[member="Thrand Hearthfire"] | [member="Ylva Heavenshield"] | [member="Nida Perl"]

A bright smile graced Thurion's lips as his wife reappeared along with Ylva and Nida to witness the joining. "They were very gentle with me," he said with a soft chuckle while resting his hand upon hers, feeling the wedding ring upon her finger. As if on their own the two took a few steps away from the crowd, to utter words of tenderness of their own. When she spoke her wedding vows for his ears only, Thurion put his arms around her for a warm embrace as their noses touched for a soft nuzzle. "I must try and make these last few years up to you, my love. You've taken such good care of me, and I have not been able to do the same to you. If I could ease your burden, I would."

There was no arguing this point, for he leaned in for a deep kiss filled with nothing but the purest love. Thirdas, now reunited with [member="Nida Perl"], saw his parents' interaction and secretly wished he had the courage to demonstrate his love for her so openly. Instead, he put his arm around her and held her close, tilting his head to rest against hers as they watched the Aelvar Queen stride forth at a deliberate pace atop her majestic winged steed, accompanied by another, seemingly masterless.

It was as if the woods themselves became the choir for the graceful song echoing all around them, a melody just as hopeful as it was mournful. Though he did not know the words, for these were lyrics written in most ancient of elven accents, in his heart he knew the meaning behind them. But above all else, his eyes were fixed on the entrance of his bride, along with the never-before-seen mounts so incredible it took his breath away.

Only when she spoke and touched his cheek did he realise he'd held his breath, finally letting it all out in a joyous sigh, his nervousness along with it. All at once, the entire world made perfect sense. "And I am blessed for it," he replied, offering the slightest of bows towards his Queen.

Another Aelvar stepped forward to address those gathered, gracefully beckoning the groom to come forward and kneel. "Out of respect to our honoured guests," he began, "the ancient words shall be uttered, for the first time in recorded history, in the common tongue."

"Thrand of House Hearthfire, Second of His Name, Prince of Midvinter and intended consort of Her Majesty the Queen of Averlorn. Do you pledge to be the First Protector of Queen [member="Ióunn Ar-Olwa"], to be held responsible for her personal safety?" Thrand nodded. "I so do."

"Do you pledge to lead our armies in times of war, and to take up arms in defense of our Woodland Realm?" Thrand nodded. "I so do."

Finally, "do you swear eternal fealty to the Queen, to have and to hold, to love and cherish for the remainder of your days?" Thrand turned to Ióunn and smiled. "With all my heart, I so do."

A cushion was carried forth, upon which a delicate crown lay, which was then raised above his head. "Then, may the Gods, the Spirits, and the Frostvatn all bear witness to the ascension of Thrand, Prince-Consort of Averlorn, and may this historic union serve to enrich all of Midvinter!" Slowly the crown was placed upon his head. Ióunn would remember it as the same crown her own father once wore for ceremonial occasions. Applause erupted from all around him, not the least from members of his family. Even Arnor, who did not understand the concept of clapping one's hands, gave it try from where he sat, still heads taller than anyone else present, to the same effect as if one were wearing thick mittens.

Thrand was then given a subtle indication that now was the time to kiss the bride, and as he stood back up he stepped right over to Ióunn and let loose all his love and passion in one deep kiss, lifting her off her feet as the two twirled around in a small circle. No confirmation was required from the Queen, for she had already given it by presenting herself. Thrand's mother had long since allowed tears to fall, but was now joined by her husband whose tears evaporated into thin air moments after being shed.

To Thurion, it only just then dawned on him that his nephew could no longer be regarded the heir to the throne of Midvinter. He was.

[member="Ylva Heavenshield"]

She did not feel like the Queen of the Aelvar, standing next to Thrand not seeing nor hearing anything around her, but she felt like the little twig that hid in the forest and saw for the first time a little boy lost. Fascinated with him she was, and even still to this day, as she watched him focus all his attention on the ceremony, she could not take her eyes off him.

Ióunn did not realise the ceremony was over, not until he turned to her and kissed her deeply, all her love pouring from her heart into his as she returned the kiss. Once their lips parted, she pressed her brow to his in the Valkyri way and smiled with nothing but joy in her heart, eyes and lips. The applause around them slowly softened as she turned to look out across everyone gathered. Her eyes meeting with Thrand’s mother, before turning to his father, the King. She gave him a knowing nod of confirmation and reassurance that this union would indeed be the reconciliation between their peoples.

She raised her hand slowly, commanding silence, for now before them stood the Queen not the girl. “On this day, here we stand”, she began. “United are all the peoples of our Mother, Midvinter. She had blessed us with grace and strength, power and might the likes no other beings could imagine. Here we stand, together as one people, from this day until the end of days”.

“With the blessing of the Frostvatn, and all the Gods of our people, the ‘Spirit’, that dwell within the Beorni I pledge to you, Ióunn Galadorn that all Averlorn will and always will defend and protect those that live on our earth and give sanctuary to those in need”. From this day Thrand and Ióunn bear the name Galadorn.

There ended the ceremony.

She turned to her beloved Thrand, now her husband and took his arm as they both left the platform to lead their guests to the celebration tables. As they passed them, proceeding through the corridor of people, the voice of the wind sang once more for them and them alone.

[member="Thrand Hearthfire"] | [member="Nida Perl"] | [member="Ylva Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom