Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Small Thing That Triggers Me For A Small Amount Every Time That I See It...

[member="Cassus De'Gaunt"]

*gasp!* Similar peeps! *huggles*

I understand why you'd think I was using the word carelessly. It's like someone saying "lol" when it's barely smile-worthy. I'm okay with large amounts of likes on any given post. However, I hate it when I'm in a dominion, I put out a lot of material (some of which I believe is and can be considered good), someone likes my post...but, then I see that that same person has been liking every single post in the thread...It has to do with that innate desire to be accepted and valued in any given society. Getting likes helps placate that desire, but then the realization that the "like" act was hollow triggers a slight mood swing in me, as most people with ADD are want to do.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"There is no accounting for taste."

Culture is a weird animal. It causes humans from all around the globe to favor or to disgust different things with absolutely zero scientific evidence to the positive. Why does this group of people favor blonde people? Why does this group of people hate orange skin? Why does this group of people love farting at weddings? What is polite in such-n-such company? Why can't I clap my hands during his speech? Etc.

It's not bad to have pet-peeves. However, it is strange to think that an international community on the Internet containing 1000s of different cultures would ever find the time to agree with you. Lol. :D :p

I like what I like, exhibit my like of the things I like how I like, and don't care what anyone else thinks. This holds true for music, movies, books, television shows, religion, fashion, people, and Star Wars: Chaos posts.

The Noble Scoundrel said:
I'm still going to PM them in two days and see why they haven't replied yet.
This would bother me to the point of dropping the thread. I don't typically reply on weekends, ever. If I do, count yourself lucky. Also, there are times where I'm just not feeling the thread, or the desire to post. If I got PM'd every 2 days about why I didn't post yet I would get pretty frustrated.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

I didn't say every two days. If I had no communication with you whatsoever for a couple days, I would send a PM and find out what's going on. This is what my PMs typically consist of:

"Hey, are you doing okay?"

You'd tell me what's up and then I'd know what to expect. Easy peasy.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Why is it that people aren't picking up what I'm laying down? It's okay to like what you like, but I highly doubt that Character X honestly and truly likes every single post in a dominion. It's like he's passing out cheap participation ribbons. Besides, I didn't say at all that this applies to you or anyone else. The title and the content of my opening post are my feelings on the matter when I see "mass likes" from a single person. I don't at all expect everyone or anyone to feel the same way I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom