Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Sit Down at the Palace

It was summer on Alderaan the sun was high in the sky and the thranta were playing on the high currents. Blue sat next to Faith looking up tilting her head one way then another as she watched the thranta play.

Bekka came in, "Majesty your next meeting has arrived."

Faith shook her head wishing she could go flying today. "Who is it again that is coming?" Faith turned reluctantly to look over at Bekka. Faith had to admit while Bekka was becoming efficient, Ana was who she missed. She and Captain Lindsey had both settled down retired and were raising their son. She couldn't blame them. Oh but she was digressing.

Bekka nodded, "Marina Devoe Mam." Bekka handed over the datapad to Faith, "This is all I could find."

Faith studied the bit of data that was there, "she passed security so she must be safe..bring her in when she's ready." Not when Faith was ready but when Marina was. Over the years Faith had learned that while she could take a deep breath and move on some coming to speak with her needed more time to compose themselves.

Faith's policy was to wait. Let her visitors enjoy the decor of the hall, the pictures of her relatives, her children her mother, their beloved Rebel Princess, and Resistance General. Let her take a breath collect her thoughts while gazing upon the blue hues that swept around the rooms and halls remind everyone of the Apalis Coast.

The lush green of the Glarus Valley the snow capped Joran Mountains, the jungles, the deserts everything that they could put into the hall to let them know they were on Alderaan. They were in the Palace. They were important to the Queen. Important enough to know they could come when they were ready.

Within reason of course.

She smiled and watched the door.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Marina sped South along the ridge line of the same mountain range that ran North to Aeiden Providence. The DeVoe House was one of Alderaan'a most Northern houses, situated on top of Mt Cetril. Her family had a similar mountaintop palace back on their original ancestral Alderaan. They had always been Northerners...or mountain people as some would warmly gesture. The current House DeVoe had been established on New Alderaan about 450 years ago following the Great Galactic Wars. At first House Devoe had been erected on this Alderaan as a Northern Outpost and through the Centuries, it grew to be what it was today; House DeVoe in charge of the Northern mountain regions of Aeiden Providence.

The long mountain range ran from the valley all the way up to her providence. It was a little over 3 thousand kilometers from House DeVoe to the Queen's palace. A treck that unbeknownst to Marina, she had frequented a few times as a pre-teen when she would hop on one of the family speeders and take to the skies. She had often gone past the Queen's palace on a few occasions as a child on her solo flights...or more like buzzing the Royal Palace. In truth, she had been too young to know at the time that it was shunned upon. But nothing ever came of it and the Queen didn't even bother reporting the incidences to House DeVoe, as it wouldn't happen on a frequent basis. In total, Marina as a pre-teen may have buzzed the Royal Palace and grounds maybe 2 dozen times or so in the course of 4 years. As she matured, she eventually followed air traffic rulles and authorized routes when it came to fly-by near the Royal Palace.

And today, she had requested audience with the queen a week prior and given permission to enter Royal space.
The family speeder was an enclosed craft with canopy due to it being from the cold North regions of Alderaan. Marina had felt the warmer rays of the valley sun through the speeder's canopy as she headed South. It took a bit over an hour to reach the Royal Palace and was given instructions as to where to put her speeder down once she identified herself.

The walk from her speeder to the front courtyard of the palace took a few minutes, but it felt good to feel the warm sun on her features. Marina was from the cold North and loved her mountains, but she basked in warm sunlight and Southern beaches as often as she could here on Alderaan and many off worlds that she visited.

"Lady Marina from House DeVoe." A caretaker greeted her with a slight bow, when she entered the Great Hall.

"Yes.." Marina answered with a smile and a likewise acknowledging tilt of her head.
Her spirit had always taken her away from Alderaan, but her heart had roots here. And as such; being second daughter to Duke DeVoe, her upbringing and etiquettes were up to par. She wasn't a wild child, no. She was a spirited one.

"If you would please follow me, my lady" The caretaker took to leading Marina to the Queen's court.

Marina followed without question, but her eyes wandered about the lavish and beautiful palace as she was lead. There were many realistic paintings and renderings of many beautiful Providences laid out through the great Halls. In all, Marina thought this palace rivaled that of the Theed palace on Naboo.
Marina was taken so back in looking around that she hadn't realized she had entered the Queen's court and had come up to the Queen not a few feet away from her. When her eyes finally looked ahead of her as the caretaker had stopped walking and stepped to the side, Marina was taken back a moment. Here she was only a few feet from the Queen and she had been curiously, but impressively looking around at the beautiful palce.

"Ahem..." The caretaker making sure Marina was at full attention, began; " Your Majesty....." he then gestured to Marina. "Lady Marina from House DeVoe."

Marina's features were a bit flushed, as she curtsied..." Your Majesty. "

Faith smiled warmly it gave her pleasure that someone could be so taken with the paintings, "Some of them are in the old style of moss paintings. We've been trying to revive the art. Lady DeVoe welcome to New Aldera City and the Royal Palace." She nodded to the caretaker who smiled and left the Queen alone with Marina.

Faith gestured toward the tea pot, "Can I offer you some tea, or some emerald wine. These are from the Vinerium as we cultivate the emerald grapes back to health here on Alderaan." She wanted the young noble to be comfortable. Conversation would come easier if they were both at ease so whatever was her pleasure Faith would ensure she received.

"I received your message, well Bekka did, about a week ago but in truth Lady DeVoe it didn't really tell me why you wished an audience. So I am curious what can I do for one of the Alderaani nobles of the north?" She took a sip of her own cup and watched the young woman. She seemed confident and relaxed. This intrigued Faith for rarely did anyone come into to speak with her that didn't fidget, or bite their nails out of being nervous.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Marina had never been shy but rather always high spirited. There had never been a time here on Alderaan, nor off world where she became part of the woodwork per say. She respected all whom she met, if they were respectful themselves regardless of their caste. And this mind you, projected even to those of the underworld by which she had quite a numerous encounters with. Not that she kept company with the underworld, no. But rather could hold up her own with the likes.
Only today, she found herself particularly...awkward. Not goofy awkward, but somehow a bit taken back. Here before her was Alderaan's top hierarchy and as Queen, seemed like someone from family. It was a bit strange, but a good feeling seeing as she lost her grandmother just a short year ago. Not that the Queen was as old as her grandmother, of course not...but kind of gave her the feeling that her grandmother did. As thus, she tripped over her words before catching herself. " Uhm... no. No thank you, your majesty" Marina replied to the Queen's hospitality and kind gesture of the invite to have something.
Nevertheless, she gave the paintings she had admired on the way in a quick eye shot, knowing she had inadvertently missed the presence of her Queen the first time round. "The palace is more beautiful than can ever be described, your Majesty.." She then said in all honest, taking a small step forward.

"Ahem.." A quiet, but quick clearing of her throat, she regathered her thoughts and the main point of being here.
Or rather...a few overdue points,starting with the one wearing heavily on her mind and conscious. Starting with the one being coaxed by her grandfather who knew all about Marina's childhood escapades. Namely the flybys and occasional buzzing of the Royal palace as a young girl who without permission took hold of one of the family speeders.
"I...I am here to give you my most humble..." Marina took a knee, head bowed low... "... apology, my Queen." She spoke now in a clear and most sincere voice. It wasn't one of cower, but that of a young lady who had been overdue to apologize."

This of course had come as a suggestion by her grandfather that she do so. The incidences upon which Marina was apologizing for were never reported to her family, but simply passed over. It had been no big deal to the Queen or court that a child such as Marina..and the only Alderaanean child that ever buzzed the palace... never meant harm or disrespect. But Marina's grandfather looking over the speeder's GPS knew all too well and it had been his compassionate love and understanding ..and a good talking over the young Marina that eventually curbed such fly overs. But had been 15 years ago and now Marina was 27. Still, for such a subject as the daughter of a Duke to bring this up a decade and a half later too a little moxy.
So here stood a young lady of the Queen's court who now came before her with an apology that the Queen herself may have no recollection of.

A moment of quietness enveloped the court.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Faith nodded, "The palace is beautiful it is a place where everyone of Alderaan should be able to come and see all that the Alderaani culture is embodied here. We have tried to honor it so. So thank you for the compliment. " Faith kept her cup secure within her palm as she listened to the young woman before her. The deep blue eyes, the honey yellow locks with streaks of blonde a young woman of some upbringing and manners.

Thank goodness.

"Apology? Have you slighted me in some way? Or my family? Or perhaps some shingles on the roof tops?" She smiled at Marina. Of course she knew that part about the young woman who didn't within the palace walls.

But Marina was like [member="Laira Vereen"] in that she needed to express herself and that at times meant dislodging the status quo. In this case peace, quiet and the roof. Faith waited to see how she would take her remarks.

Perhaps she should have Marina work with the Ranger corps for 6 months to do penance for her flyby of the palace. hmmmm interesting thought...She smiled again as the idea turned over in her mind.

Marina DeVoe

Marina's eyes momentarily shot up with a shock expression, almost letting out a light gasp. At that moment, the thought of up-heaved shingles...or in this case, roof tiles was un-imaginable to her. Had she flown so low and haphazardly caused some damage to the Palace?
She prayed to God,no. But if she had done so, then despite her not being aware of it, it had been so disrespectful of her for not coming forward through all of these years. But it was just recent that her grandfather had taken Marina aside and recounted her high spirited escapades as a child. It were her grandfather whom had suggested it may be about time to seek audience with the Queen and apologize.

"I...I don't know, your majesty..." Marina couldn't be sure she may have flown that low or caused such damage.

"I believe then that I may have..." She lowered her head again, taking the blame for said roof shingles. She no longer argued with herself and recollection. Despite her memory recalling she never made such contact with the roof or any palace objects; If the Queen said she ruined her palace shingles, then for certain she must have. Marina would believe her Queen before denying some childhood memories that at this moment were panicking fuzzy at this moment.

"I apologize for the damage on the palace roof, your majesty." Marina then said, trying now to think as how she could make up for it and not have it tarnish House DeVoe. If she should have to go down to the river banks and dig up clay, wash it and form them herself into roof tiles...go into the forest to gather wood for the furnace to fire up the tiles...she was all set to do it.
If only the Queen would be so kind as to let her do that, she would; or so Marina had it set in her mind.

"I seek no excuse, but wish only to take the full responsibility for my actions and disrespect to your majesty and court." So she remained on her knee, with head slung low and waited for the Queens rightful decision as to what to do with the daughter of Duke DeVoe.

Faith watched the expression of the young woman before her. Quite the change when she thought there was some damage to the palace she gently sat her cup down and walked over to [member="Marina DeVoe"],

"Roof tiles are easily replaced Marina." Yes she felt she needed to call her by her given name to help take the formality away from this encounter. "Stand up dear that floor can be horrible on the knees." Faith thought about what she could do for this woman before her so penitent.

"Marina, come with me." Faith turned and headed for the balcony looking out over the city of New Aldera. She looked back at the young noble woman who had lots to learn. Faith pointed to the City, "After the Sith took our home world and Vong formed it. It took us a long time to rebuild everything. We are a people of great stamina, devotion, and duty. As long as you remember who you are, where you come from and what we stand for as Alderaani then you repay me each time you do that." Faith looked again so much they had rebuilt, so many that they had lost, and much stronger she hoped they were.

She looked over and smiled at Marina. It was really what she could ask of anyone to be loyal to Alderaan. "Can you do that Marina?"

Marina DeVoe

She felt the entourage of her ancestors guiding alongside her to follow the Queen. Whatever the Queen would decide to do about her careless childhood past, Marina felt it had long been coming. Only she hadn't felt so, as she did a week ago. A week ago, she was oblivious to the consequences of her childhood past. That is, it never truly entered her mind that she had done any wrongdoing. Not until her grandfather recollected to her her childhood escapades.

Now here she was, following the Queen as instructed, readying for her just due retribution.
Only that she were shown New Aldera from the Queen's balcony and asked what was so deeply already hardwired into her soul.
Marina, whom dared not look into the Queens eyes since she had knelt before her now met the Queen's orbs, or more precisely, looked deep into the Queen's eyes. The reflection she peered into was no different of that of her past grandmother again. It were hard to pull away, even with full understanding of what the Queen had said. But nevertheless, she did. And in doing so, she knew the Queen had herself looked into Alderaanean eyes...an Alderaanean true soul.

"Yes, your majesty..." Marina still had to utter a reply, although if it were unspoken it were already known to the Queen.
Marina wanted to ask for more penance. Surely she could do more for the Queen and Alderaan..right? But Marina had too much respect to ask for more..or to ask for anything other for what she had first asked...forgiveness.

And that had come so easily..so much like what she was used to from her own family. It made Marina feel like she herself was part of the Queen's family. And in feeling this way, she clearly understood exactly what the Queen said...every word rang to mean all Alderaaneans were the Queen's family, not mere subjects.

Marina 's eyes were running in joyful tears...only she were not aware of it. And neither were she aware of the radiant bean of happiness that she were protecting to the Queen. "...I can be better."

Faith nodded, "it is all that is required. Now if you want to put your piloting skills to further use the Alderaan Rangers could use a pilot, or.." Faith laughed, "There are so many paths you can take right now. Opportunity is everywhere not only here on Alderaan but also within the Coalition. Choices such as those though you need to consider carefully."

Faith looked out at the City it was home it felt like home again even with the thranta off in the distance.

"Does House DeVoe need anything? I have there is an excellent young man with a mining equipment company [member="Makai Dashiell"] and another with exceptional security computer skills [member="Arken Lussk"] . We have excellent shipwrights , even my own daughter [member="Laira Vereen"] can be helpful." The Queen was not someone who lorded over those of Alderaan she was truly someone who looked after their interests. At times it required one house at a time.

Faith waited to hear the answer from the young woman who beamed with so much pride at the moment that Faith wasn't quite sure why. But whatever had put that there she was grateful for it.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Marina's features at first drooped slightly, maybe quite noticeable at the mention of possibly joining the Navy, for the Queen then quickly gave her the opportunity to help with the Coalition.
It wasn't that Marina were afraid of joining the fight, just that her heart were that of her ancestors; seek any means possible for peace without bloodshed.
It were and had been the spirit of their former ancestors before their beloved Alderaan had been wiped out of the system by the vile Palpatine, 850 years past.

Marina was a pacifist..it were in her soul. Her belief projected that of the millions of Alderaaneans who had perished believing in that very thing; Peace without bloodshed.
They all died because of their belief. To many current Alderaaneans, that mind set had changed and they swore upon the blood of their ancestors that it would never happen again.
But Marina connected to her ancestors in a different way. If they died believing in peace without bloodshed, then to cause bloodshed meant that their deaths..their sacrifice were in vain. A chill ran up Marina's spine. How could she refuse her Queen to take up arms. But her soul...her ancestral spirit edged her to disclose her feelings...the voice of her ancestors.
And those voices rang loud inside her,despite the fact that the Queen was even offering her to make a family request on her behalf. How could Marina refuse her Queen when the Queen was offering her family a request..any request.
Marina's posture gave out.

"Oh my Queen..." Marina dropped fully down before her.
This time on all fours, as the realization that she had no choice but to deny the Queen's suggestion of joining the Alderaanean Navy as a pilot.
How could she explain to her Queen that she could do anything asked of her, even put her own life on the line, but she could never, ever take a life herself.

"M...my Queen...." she started to sob, for it were something she could not do.
"I...I can't take another soul's life...I...I just can't!" Teary eyes looked up at her Queen.
It were in Marina's eyes the reason...it were her ancestor's spirits now projecting through the young woman's eyes that touched the Queen.
Marina here before her had that long snuffed out compassion for all living beings..even her enemies. If there was life, then there was always a chance, a hope for peace.

"I can serve....I can serve Alderaan in so many other ways, my Queen." Marina begged from below, desperately trying to find other avenues like that of her ancestors.
"I can serve you here...I can serve in our Embassy... I can..
I..
I...
I can, serve those who negotiate for peace... pleeeease...
Please, my Queen... But I cannot take life." Her head still hung low shook; no.

"I just can't. I would rather have mine taken..." She sobbed so on the floor on all fours, begging her Queen.

OH MY GOODNESS Faith immediately put her cup down and stooped down taking Marina by the shoulders, "come sit down" Faith urged her upwards. My goodness the poor thing must be under horrendous pressure. "Marina, I'm not asking you to shoot at anyone. You like to fly it's a suggestion that's all my goodness don't take it to heart."

Faith shook her head as she guided the young woman to her feet. "There are as I said many opportunities, you want to help keep peace then join the diplomatic corps. We have many words where we have a presence. We have our Embassy on Coruscant, we building an Embassy on Onderon, and I hope to soon speak to the Queen of Naboo [member="Jamie Pyne"] about an official visit to build an Embassy on Naboo. So...there is plenty of diplomacy to be done. Claire is Ambassador to the First Order, Andulf, well Count Teraan is Ambassador to the Metal Lords...we have yet to appoint ambassadors other factions."

What else could Faith say right now...she was truly caught off guard by Marina's reaction. The Rangers help to provide security for the Coalition they had a few skirmishes along the way but outright War had not come. Feth Marina could be a pilot in the diplmatic corps.

"We have an intern program that ties to a program on Diplomacy at Alderaan University as well." Faith realized she was babbling. It had been someitme she imagined that she had to be....motherly. Laira and Theo tended to stand on their own, and inform her later where all the chips fell. So much like their father...eh but this was not her biological child.

But Marina was a citizen of Alderaan as Queen sometimes she had to be mother to help them see other options.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Marina knew her views differed with that of her own father, Duke Kyle DeVoe. Her sister was in line with her father's views, and her mother was a true Dutches who only interjected with the Duke when things between Marina and her father became emotional. Her mother always seemed to settle both to embrace, taking into account that as free willed people, everyone has the right to opinions and current stand on the matter of Alderaan.

Marina's father Duke Kyle DeVoe believed in the full defense of Alderaan and maintained House DeVoe as a Norther outpost loyal to the Queen and the Free World Coalition. He believed that Alderaan should never fall again and if it meant defending it by means of force and fighting, then that was what Alderaan had to do. This also included defending systems within the Coalition. It meant fighting abroad.

But Marina was like her grandmother...a traditionalist. The lives of Alderaans that were extinguished under Palpatine would not have died in vain, for they died in believing that there could only be true peace if gotten without bloodshed. This were burned into Marina's soul as if her ancestors cried out to her and through Marina's voice, they would speak. Peace without bloodshed.

So it was that Marina explained her dilemma and to Marina's surprise, the Queen fully understood. Marina found that the Queen too was in many more ways than not, a traditionalist. But nevertheless, she had to guide the Great Houses in properly maintaining core values while at the same time allow the Great Houses to defend Alderaan and secure freedom to systems that wished to join the Free World Coalition.

It came to pass that after talking over many options, that Marina was to intern under her majesty. Marina would help with the Queen in making the Great Houses keep to the core values of old Alderaan so that their ancestors had not died in vain in the belief of peace without bloodshed.
But that was not all. Marina were given the opportunity to help with the Coalition's Exploration of discovering new systems that could possibly join them. This fell in line with what Marina herself loved..to explore. It were more a gift the Queen gave her than a task, as such Marina was almost ecstatic over it.
And to top it off, the Queen also wished for Marina to continue to explore on her own when time permitted. Again, to Marina this was more than she could ever have imagined coming from her Queen.
Seemed somehow her grandfather must have known, for it were he whom had coaxed her to come see the Queen and start off with the apology of her youthful recklessness.
The punishment received from the Queen were gifts.

"Thank you, your majesty..." Marina bowed before her Queen when it was settled that she would help with negotiations as the Queen's intern to become an ambassador for Alderaan. After all, Marina was daughter to Duke Kyle DeVoe and it were coming to that time that she start on her way to becoming a Dutches too.

"I'm so honored for the opportunity you have given me..." Marina continued.
"I shall do my best to serve you,your majesty,Alderaan,our ancestors and the Free World Coalition."

Faith nodded, "I expect you will do well. But Marina know this sometimes to learn we must fail. So if you fail at anything do not let it keep you down. Learn from it." She smiled then a she so very often did.

But this meeting the business seemed completed, "Your first official duty will be to meet me on Onderon in a week. We are building an Embassy there and I have a meeting with Mr. Lussk who sells security systems. " Her brown eyes looked over to Marina, "is that enough time for you to tell your family and make it there?"

Faith was not one to waste time. Time was precious and too often they did not have enough of it.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

"Time is yours, your majesty....I will be there." She replied, as at the moment there was nothing else on her mind, but serving her Queen.

Marina was far too focused at the given moment to think about anything else. Even the idea of joining the Explorer team had not triggered her own accidental discovery of a faction of systems that were deep within the Uncharted Sectors of the galaxy.
No, Marina was only existing at the now, this moment that she were in her majesty's presence. Her ancestral spirit inside seemed to rejoice also, as they finally had a voice in the court that would remind all true blood Alderaaneans that they did not die in vain, in keeping with Alderaan's core value of peace without bloodshed. This core value was slowly being ebbed away, like the sea washing over rocks.

"...and I will not fail in silence, but become another voice that shall beacon our true spirit to those who have no hope left, so that they shall know they are not alone, or be forgotten." She continued.
She meant the spirit and compassion that Alderaaneans were known to be. To help those who could no longer help themselves and were in desperate need of being free from tyranny.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

"Very good may the light burn brightest in the darkest of hours." There were dark times ahead Faith knew it it was the way the Galaxy moved. The Light could only stay bright for so long before darkness began to over take it. They had peace and quiet now for 20 years darkness was rising somewhere.

"Will your father be joining the High Council?" It was a logical question with Marina now a member of Faith's staff.

But the voices in the High Council were often loud, boisterous and often needed to be reminded of their place. Sometimes it felt more like Hapes than Alderaan. She wondered how Allana was fairing now.

Marina DeVoe

"My father?...my father Duke Kyle DeVoe. " Marina in all honesty found herself unable to speak for her father.

"I...I haven't spoke with him on such manners, your majesty." She found herself at an en-passe. Marina and her father had different views on the notion of what true peace meant, and how it were to be achieved. Her father like all of the DeVoe 's who held head of household had for centuries now been pro-militaristic in their belief to be able to keep Alderaan safe.

"He has allowed me much freedom to express my beliefs. This at times challenges his convictions, your majesty. As thus, my voice speaking for those who were silenced in the pursuit of peace without bloodshed; the matter of Council were not privi to me."

House DeVoe since it regained its former status after Alderaan was terra-formed to resemble their ancestral world, had rebuilt House DeVoe as a Norther Outpost with state of the art defensive weapon system. Seemed for generations following the Great Rebuilding 450 years ago, House DeVoe had stood guarding Alderaan along with other Great Houses.
If Marina were to guess, she would say that it were a good probability that her father would join the Council.
But she were only his daughter and had never been involved in family politics other than voice her conscientious objections over conflicts involving bloodshed or threat of bloodshed.

She loved and adored her father , and he adored his daughter, but their political differences often kept them a bit at odds.
But as sure as she was that her father would join, she rightly could not speak for him.

"I can only truthfully speak that he has been your greatest supporter for defending our nation, your majesty." Was all she knew of his commitment to the Queen and Alderaan.
"Our House has always stood as a foundation to your Royal House, your majesty."

"in truth we are in the process of rebuilding the High Council while there are Nobles enough on Alderaan that would run to sit in such a position. The problem becomes that the Palace, or myself cannot be seen as giving favoritism to any single house. Currently House Teraan has been granted an Ambassador, House Alde has been given position with the Museum, and many others various jobs, but so far none I've not asked a noble, an Alderaani to sit on the Council. Perhaps your father would be interested in this position. Perhaps he should come visit."

Faith smiled. It wasn't a difficult task to ask ones father if they would sit on the second most powerful body on the planet. "Your father as my supporter as you say then he would find this an honor."

But would they see it as favoritism a daughter an intern no, all Alderaani were to be schooled in diplomacy anyone could. They just needed to apply.

So then.. now. Faith thought.

Then she remembered Peace without Bloodshed. They has lost lives because of their beliefs. Peace came with a cost. She shook these thoughts away.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Marina was a pacifist compared to the militaristic stance her father took in the defense of Alderaan. But her father had many times reminded Marina that she were his conscious, following very heated debates between the two.
She too hated to debate with her father, but both knew it were just that; one's own beliefs and convictions. It were said by her grandfather that it balanced out the House.

The DeVoes were a close family unit, if one were to compare it to any functioning household. Duke Lyle DeVoe had taken up Head of Household when Marina's grandfather stepped down to spend all of his time with her aging grandmother. Marina's grandfather had taken on a spouse whom were 23 years his senior. Love proved to have no boundaries, as Marina learned. It were all stemming from one's spirit..love. It transcended all things, including the force.
Her grandfather who had been Head of Household had stepped down 10 years ago and her grandmother passed away a year ago at 96...her grandfather was now 73.

As the minutes passed in the Queen's presence, marina became more relaxed. She had been raised in her family's traditional ways, including schooled in politics and Galactic trade. Marina had acquired doctor degrees in the political sciences. Her family and she had indeed prepared her for one day take on not just the tittle of Dutches, but to serve as one for the Aeiden Providence in Northern Alderaan. This position meant more than overlooking a providence, it were an avenue to the Queen's court..to serve in any fashion the current monarchy required of a DeVoe.

Marina was certain that her father would not hesitate one second, on the Queen's request. But as the Queen said; her father would have to speak for himself. She nevertheless bowed acknowledging and confirming what her Queen's thoughts were that her father would be honored. Who wouldn't be honored to serve the Royal House?

"Your majesty..." Marina's thoughts and sensibility finally were making their light of catching up to her.
"I should come forth with why I've been absent from court these past few years..." Another confession?
....No.

"....I've had extensive experience out and about many corners of our galaxy. I'm sure these experiences will help me serve you better." She then said, meaning that her queen wasn't just getting a Duke's daughter that had been educated, but one whom had experienced a good portion of the galaxy...both good and bad...and everything else in-between.
Unlike her elder sister, whom she loved...Marina wanted to see and explore the Galaxy on her own since she were a child. It were this spirit which drove her to be whom she was; a well balanced and objective person who had already been through her trials with Imps, Rebels, Jedi, sith,the Underworld and all sorts of characters. Marina was certainly ready to serve her Queen in the capacity of an experienced Cabinet member if one were to gauge her.

There it was another young woman that saw beyond the horizons of Alderaan. Faith understood this feeling too well. The number of talks she had with [member="Laira Darkhold"] who spoke just like [member="Marina DeVoe"] .

"I understand." Faith's life had not been so she had been quite content until the disappearance of her husband and son. Perhaps even then she had looked for them as much as she could but when it was done she only wanted to be home. She wanted Alderaan where all the memories were and how happy she had been. But duty had called and she was shoved into the position of Senator, and then when Theo disappeared she was pushed into the position of Heir. She knew she should be grateful she had met Draco that way.

But still, Faith's brown eyes settled upon Marina again, "My daughter Laira is the same. You can't come to understand how much home means until you see how others live, or cultures change across the galaxy. I'm sure you experiences will come in handy. I know when I was Senator the things I learned by traveling as part of the once great Republic I've kept those things with me always."

She sighed slightly, "So where all have you been Lady DeVoe?" Why not find out where she had been and what she had learned.

Marina DeVoe

Where had she not been.
Everywhere and everyplace. But that were with what time anyone could afford. The galaxy was vast...vast beyond anyone's imagination.
So had Marina been and seen everything and everyone? She hadn't. But she could be said to have seen the equivalent of what others had seen in other parts of the same vast galaxy.

And as the Queen let known, just like her daughter, her heart and spirit had always looked out to the stars beyond their system.
"True, your majesty. When the news of my grandmother's passing reached me, I had no other thought but to come home...here in Alderaan. And here I stayed, a year now and with little wish to leave again, despite the call of the stars." Marina though the Queen should know that she hadn't just taken off again following her grandmother's death.

"I have had this dread that should I hark the call of the stars..that another part of Alderaan shall pass me by. This world is my heart beat, your majesty. It is Alderaan rebirth...but it is not the mother. Not our birth mother. I speak of our ancestral Alderaan which were stricken from us, when the Galaxy was enveloped in darkness. But many of our ancestral spirits have come to settle here with us on this Alderaan. But there are still more that remain...wandering still in the Alderaanean graveyard. I hear them...feel them. They have guided me to many reaches of the galaxy..both known and uncharted." For Marina to explain where she'd been, she'd have to explain where she came from. Naturally she were of Alderaanean descent, but where did her spirit come from and what fueled it?

"There are many worlds yet unknown to this part of the galaxy that I saw. Worlds that had risen from the same ashes that had destroyed our beloved ancestral Alderaan. Worlds..systems, your majesty that the known galaxy has lost through the decay of wars forgotten. I've stumbled upon systems that had once been of the Old Republic..systems that had broken away during Palpatine's reign to see solitude away from the wars that have plagued this galaxy since the Old Republic fell." It were the best she could do in letting her Queen know that there was more out there than it were presently known to the Galaxy. Populations that had fled the wars and resettled out in the Uncharted Regions.
Entire systems that had got up and left the galactic Empire at the time and fall of the vile emperor Palpatine.

"With what I have seen in my travels, I have come to know I have seen very little of what this galaxy is in whole.
And of the life-forms...their diversity...it is far beyond what I had ever hoped for. The many governments...just as diversified across the galaxy as there are stars almost.
I know I can serve Alderaan and its Coalition of Free Worlds. I just need the opportunity, your majesty." And lest not forget that Marina was highly educated and well experienced and still continue to experience the known galaxy and that which had yet to be charted, despite her age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom