Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Sit Down at the Palace

You would think that on days where drinks and celebration were the order of the day it would be easier to get through. Very often that wasn't the case it was a long day on her feet, a long day of listening to trade deals, and a long day of nodding, smiling, and testing of her memory.

She was prepared to sneak out have some tea and take her shoes off when the bass tones of [member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"] reached her. She turned and smiled, "I do, perhaps you wouldn't mind if we stepped outside. I could use some air, and perhaps we could use some privacy."

Bekka tapped her wrist about the time, "yes yes Bekka just tell [member="Draco Vereen"] I will be along." It was date night for them. It was how they remained so close after all this time, they still liked to be around one another.

"Duke Devoe, shall we?" She moved towards the doors to go outside. It was her favorite view really over the gardens, and sloping upwards toward the mountain. Even when Marina had visited Faith looked to the mountains. "We really do live in a beautiful place." She looked over to the Duke, "So what shall we discuss?"

Duke Kyle DeVoe

Head of House DeVoe
The Duke gave the queen's aid a smile and an acknowledging bow, as she excused herself and attended to her majesty's request.

"I shan't keep her majesty too long...if you may, your Grace." He took to the invite to stretch their leg out to the balcony. It was the queen's call.

The evening had started early on with all the formalities and proper court etiquette. After all, if the nobles couldn't lead by civilized social examples, then how could they expect their people to look up to them in governing and maintaining high order? There were reasons for such high formalities and form etiquette. It were the highest form of civility. And that form extended to those who even opposed them that held the same influence on their populous.
It were why they could open dialogues and negotiate treaties. If the nobles were as brash as some foreign common folk, then there would be no talks of peace, treaties or anything but escalating threats till there was all out hostilities.
So no, it weren't that nobles and royalty had their noses up in the air because they followed formal etiquette,no.
It were because they were the lawmakers, the negotiators and although they commanded the military, it were in the best interest of their people to maintain peace and order, with war being the last and only option left under extreme circumstances. For then, they would commit their own to the battlefield.

The duke accompanied his queen, nodding their acknowledgements to those whom they passed. And seeing the queen walk with her duke, they pretty much understood it were a private chat. One which concerned only queen and duke.

"Your Majesty, the Council has not been brought to serve the Royal House of Organa for many generations. If I may so ask, how many Great Houses have come to this calling? This inauguration of Council is the first I have ever attended." He also meant, without putting his queen on the spot that it was the first that he had ever been informed of. Was he the first to accept or were there already members of the Council at hand that he had no information of?

It was a fair question, "Before the Sith took occupation the prior Queen had..imperial ties and removed the High Council, and the Nobility. When House Organa secured the throne we brought it back. That has been 30 years. my mother Arianna served first. So not many generations, but many of the noble houses escaped Alderaan from Sith, others died fighting. Our Nobility is a shrinking class."

It was a difficult thing to express to him they had been trying for years to bring the Alderaani home. But some once they had left vowed not to come back. "In this room right now" she looked over, "ten of the great houses are here."

She half smiled, "A while back House Thul rose up against House Organa. The Duchess was requested to leave once she failed to overthrow House Organa. But there are others out there, but then again House Thul has never been a friend." Nope, except one time.

"Does this answer your question?"

[member="Duke Kyle DeVoe"]

Duke Kyle DeVoe

Head of House DeVoe
"The other Houses present here, yes...but I was not introduced to any who were on the Council. It seems then to assume that I am the first, your majesty?" He asked.

Yes, he knew of the many houses that resisted the Sith, House DeVoe being among them. But the sith and their mercenary minions were never able to take the Aeiden Pass, nor of the North. Then again, the Norther defenses held, as they were deep embedded in the mountain range. House DeVoe had been instructed to hold and so the Duke's father had held it.
When the sith were driven out, it were House DeVoe who still had fortifications to prevent other factions from encroaching on a weakened system. The Northern defenses with their operational ion cannon dissuaded many not to attempt a take over upon the retreat of the sith from the system.
It were so, that House DeVoe proved it's worth to Alderaan...and it's strength. Not the entire system had been overrun.

"So I am to understand then that your majesty and I will lead to reform the Council?" he asked.

"Can then all of the Great Houses stand together as one? Will we all lead under Royal House Organa as one?"

"The Council does not represent only the nobility, but all of the races on Alderaan. But yes you are the first, and we will be seeking other members. There are a few I've asked. Their answers have not yet come. Sadly."

Would she say yes he was to lead, "At this point Duke DeVoe yes you will lead. As we gain members it will become a vote for leadership. We are rebuilding our culture Duke DeVoe and sometimes it goes slower than other things. It takes nothing to have a building rebuilt, but it is a bit more delicate when asking others to devote time and effort." She smiled. She had tried hard to get a few of the others to join but they were stubborn, and concerned.

Their concern weighed on Faith. The concern over the presence of the Coalition. Several had mentioned it to her. She just was not prepared to answer them.

Duke Kyle DeVoe

Head of House DeVoe
"Thank you, your Majesty.... you have indeed enlightened me to better perform my duties to Alderaan The Royal House of Organa and her majesty." He bowed loyally before her.

"If your majesty will allow me to excuse myself, I shall leave her to attend other matters." The Duke asked permission to leave her presence.
There would be more appropriate times to discuss and plan as to reform the Council. For now, as he understood, he had retained her a moment, from her meeting with Draco Vereen.

The Duke having a clearer picture of what the Queen intended, would first draw up some preliminary plans to have with him, next time he would schedule a meeting with the Queen.

"Thank you Duke Devoe for you time, dedication, and for allowing your daughter to serve my household." Faith smiled and nodded giving him the ability to leave. And for her...well it was date night [member="Draco Vereen"] and she was late.

She wondered could she get him to rub her feet tonight???

She'd ask...

fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom