Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Return Customer

[member="Rusty"]

“Well, wife’s a transdimensional half-goddess, husband’s a one-eyed genocidal masochist. What can ya do, eh?”

The merc snorted and reloaded again, took aim, and fired. Smooth, rippling down her forearms a bit, but nothing a trained grip and a solid stance couldn’t handle. Good shooting was all about trial, error, and practice, and Aver had plenty of those.

“Mm. This recoil is right perfect. And used to be I didn’t either,” she replied as she set down the pistol. “Guess us organics really do go soft with age.”

“Any last thoughts on the LeMat?”

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
"You can pay alimony" he replied with a bit of a grin. How he managed that was anyone's guess.

Work completed, the Shard disconnected the sensors, and then locked down the module. Barring some really clever slicing, fiddling with the settings was nearly impossible without the master control here in the shop. It was always possible that someone would steal it, but trying to burgle any RCFC building, especially the oldest one, was just asking for trouble.

"Take care of that module," Rusty warned. "It's not so delicate that you can't pistol whip someone if it comes to it, but I had to do a lot of miniaturization, and I'm none too sanguine about that power cell's ability to be misused. Follow the instructions and you should be fine. If not, come back in and we'll take care of it. It's warrantied."

[member="Aver Brand"]

[member="Rusty"]

That earned him a good-natured laugh. “You can, yeah. But so far I’m good. You know what they say about enjoying the same hobbies.” Usually those didn’t include wholesale slaughter, chains, or bloodletting, but – live and let live, right?

“Roger,” the merc nodded, slipping the newly modded LeMat into its well-worn holster. Couldn’t recall when she’d last pistol whipped someone though. Even a casual punch with a phrik gauntlet spearheading the strike was enough to send someone to Nether. Especially when she threw in some CERS for good measure.

“Well, eyeball those plans when you got time, and we’ll see if they ain’t worth something. How much do I owe ya?”

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
"S'on the house," Rusty replied. "Most of our custom weapons are prototypes or testbeds for new stuff anyway, so we don't charge to get them reworked. Makes it easier to get people to come in and give feedback, which is, believe it or not, important."

Truthfully, it had been so long since the Shard had had the time to make a custom weapon, it was hardly funny. He felt he was going to enjoy getting back into that sort of thing and leaving the corporate world behind. He had no intention of cutting ties with RCFC entirely, but by handing over the reigns, he could open up the workshop he always wanted. It was nice to have a dream.

"I'll take a look over them and have my people call your people. The board was smart enough to make it impossible for me to screw them over, and I did the same to them, so it's a little more complicated than just handing over the keys. Koko's good people though, and so long as you don't fire her, I'm sure she'll be willing to help."

[member="Aver Brand"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom