Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor
Wielding:Obsidian Knight Sword
Tags: [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Ashla Saris"]
be6PS6.png
As the other two women showed up, Madalena wasted no time and began pouring the soup into bowls and filling plates up with food. Protocol would have demanded that she filled hers first and then passed the pots and pans to the others, but she was pretty much in a screw the protocol moment. After all, she was starving. She could only imagine the other two were as well.

The first minutes passed in silence; food, was more important than speaking.

But then Asha asked if she could ask something, and Madalena nodded. Something unusual? Smells and weird things? Madalena put her spoon down, brows frowning. Pom joined in, explaining what had happened to them, or at least gave some vague descriptions about… Flowers? And then, of course, the matter of safety.

"Okay, wait," Madalena said, mulling over the words the both of them had given her, "Pom, you're a Mandragora, and a Dathomiri. I'm not a Witch, but my sister had extensive Witch-training, and she knew how to construct spells to put wards around her ship – wards that made sure that if anyone passed them, she would know, and wake up. Do you know how to do something like that? I want all of us well rested for tomorrow and I'm sure something like that will give us that extra layer we could all use."

Then there was the matter of the flowers and what they had experienced.

"Whatever it was that you two saw, I saw or experienced none of it. I didn't even realize there had been flowers outside until you mentioned them."

Flowers. Smells. Scents. Of course, they had not mentioned the bites. Something felt strange to Madalena then – like a fish, swimming in the back of her mind. It meant something. It was all connected. But how, and why, she couldn't connect the dots. Not yet.

Grabbing her spoon again, the Sith Sorceress had no intention of letting a creepy thing steal any of her appetite or sleep, anyway.

"Tomorrow, we resume the mission. Finding our scientist will remain the priority, but if you catch any more glimpses, weird stuff, smells, anything – alert me. Immediately. It would do us no good to find a scientist only to let the others continue to be lost."

‘Darkness is definitely my best friend. All else seems to be a waste of time.’ People are like oil and water.

The fact that the Commander voices an expectation for Pom to address the situation herself, although not delivered rudely, caused Pom to feel her concerns brushed off. She suspected the Commander annoyed with her, maybe she doesn’t allow casual conversation to evolve over her dinner? Pom still needed to find a good reason to trust in the new Commander, all of them for that matter. The whole following orders is new to her, and to be honest, nobody ever taught her the rules. None of them seemed to want to work towards earning that trust; it seemed more expected she grant it. Pom always felt dinner conversation to be a most imperative time to grow in numerous ways, and to bond with people, new and old acquaintances. She did not care for the customs of the Knights Obsidian much, always on the job…and now even over dinner?

Pom did not evade the question posed her. “Sentients, yes. I can smell their intent and therefore their approach. But those creatures belong here, and I have no sense of their signatures to identify them directly. I presume they are undocumented as their existence is not listed in the datapad." At least no vampiric creatures. Hopefully they are not some genetically modified experiment gone wrong. Plus, already once these things got to herself and Ashla. Neither of them have any memory of the encounter, yet were bit by something right on the wrists. Aside from hearing a short snigger when they started the bridge, and then again standing at the end of the field afterwards, neither remembered a thing. The magick for revealing memories requires is nearly a half a day, as not everything warrants instantaneous results. There was a scent, she presume from the flowers that aligned the bridge. Not inside the lodge, but out there surrounding the lodge at a distance. She found it suspicious that the Commander did not see anything at all occur to either of them. As if the two women just went on their way like nothing happened. She would not simply brush it off to get to the end of dinner and her bed sooner.

The repeated disappointment with the KO lead her to resolve to stick with her own race after this; her people understood one another entirely and had no unresolved qualms nor petty opinions. She began to stop caring how they find this missing informant or what the circumstances are that surrounded his disappearance. If there were others missing, she was never told about them. She just wants to go home to the Mandragora, her family.

She stated blandly, “You’re right.” Certainly wackos who think themselves gods and genetically modify living things never attempt to create anything abominable! Pom lifted her bowl to her lips and quickly downed the soup. She picked up her bowl and said her customary thanks as she headed for the kitchen to pass it to the small droid for washing. She stole away to secure the windows and doors by sight. She did not blindly trust the security system to lock everything up.

[member="Madalena Antares"] [member="Ashla Saris"]

While the captain seemed concerned it wasn't as concerned as the Togruta expected, she did said that did not experience anything like herself or [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] and she didn't say if the two girls acted weirdly, the girl sighed and have a spoonful of the soup while the witch and the commander talked

[member="Madalena Antares"] asked if Pom would be able to use a spell to create wards or something to keep the group alert of possible danger while they rest, that definitely would be helpful and tho the witch seemed to be still on board and helping, the Togruta could see that she was not entirely happy right now if anything she seems annoyed, she wouldn't comment on anything just finish her soup and nodded when the commander say to report if they feel or see anything weird again

"I'll try my best but..." She finally speaked again "I don't know what happen on the bridge, as I said my memory of that point is gone, so if it happens again and I don't have control over that it might be hard to warn the others" The Togruta shrugged "If two of us act strange and lost conscience how can we warn you?"

There was no easy answer to this predicament, the only witness not affected by what happen there is the Captain yet she didn't saw them act weirdly or at least to say it when ask about it, maybe resting and think of a solution tomorrow would be a good idea, after all at leas the Togruta could use a little of not think about the memory loss and relax a little, tomorrow she'll have to work extra hard to prove herself to the group

"Good night and see you tomorrow" Ashla bowed and moved to one of the rooms and try to sleep

be6PS6.png
Unaware of the thoughts running through Pom's mind or their reason, Madalena listened quietly as the Witch explained what sounded at first like she would say she could not, but then later secured the doors and windows anyway? It confused her. Usually, Madalena was great with people, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something had happened with Pom that she could not understand. Perhaps, after some sleep, it would either go away or the witch would be willing to discuss it. It did no one any good to continue on dangerous missions when there was distrust between the mission partners, and while Madalena was indeed the one leading the mission, it made her a partner no less.

Flashing her fingers over the datapad, she had to reluctantly agree with her though. "Nothing on the datapad that matches the description indeed," she said.

Ashla though, raised a good question. How would they be able to notify her if they acted strange and lost consciousness? "As soon as you're capable," Madalena tried to assure the new recruit, "You've experienced it one time so far – that you know of, anyway. Try to remember the signs of what led up to it. What it felt like. When you felt like you had control again. And if that doesn't help, then as soon as you can."

"Sweet dreams," she wished both women as they all headed off to sleep.

The lodge was supposed meant to be secured. It enjoyed the top of the surveillance and security measures that the Confederacy had to offer, and on top of that, Pom had cast her own spells.

Yet something had woken Madalena up during the night, something that was not supposed to be there. Soundlessly, she got out of her bed, grabbing her Knight Obsidian Sword as she carefully made her way in the darkness.

Something was near the kitchen, where only hours ago the three had sat together. And she had every intention of finding out who or what that was.

"As soon as you're capable" Not really the answer that the Togruta was looking for, who knows how much time does she have before blacking out and regaining conscious again, even worst is that there is no way to tell what she can do while in that weird trance, then again there was no easy way to handle this problem with the little information they had, the made a bow and left to her room

As the night move the Togruta tried to sleep and get some rest but that was a worthless effort, something kept her awake, as much as the girl tried to keep her eyes shut some kind of instinct kicked in and wake her up, she felt as if something was observing her which was not a possibility due the security measures taken by the commander.

Ashla looked through the window but she found nothing, the darkness of the night combined with the rain made it a little hard to see something outside, the girl sighed and left the room, maybe a walk would help ease her mind, tho as she walk the Togruta started thinking that this could be a side effect of whatever happen back on the bridge, she's usually not this paranoid to have problems sleeping.

She went to the kitchen and reach to the fridge looking for something to drink and spend some minutes there trying to clear her mind, it didn't took long for her to hear some foots steps coming to the kitchen, although she thought of the posibility being the Captain or the Witch her paranoia made the Togruta think of the worst possible scenario and remain alert, even if she has no weapon the girl can still defend herself in hand to hand.

[member="Madalena Antares"]
[member="Pom Stych Tivé"]

Pom slept like a baby for the first time in months it seemed. She was always on the move, and although she loved the Dread Queen as it was the best place for one wanting to not be found by someone else, she started to miss the luxuries of a stable residency. She loved the bed so much, she decided she would have to look into finding more suitable living arrangements as soon as she is finished here. She no longer cared if Shaidin found her. She determined that after this long, he likely no longer searched.

She slept like a baby, clutching her potions like they were specifically corked for bedtime snugglies. Neither did the strange calls of the unusual wildlife disturb her. She felt the room temperature just right. Her tummy is full. While cake would be nummier, she just slept like a Princess; not that a minuscule pea would disturb her at all, just like she deserves to actually be able to have a good sleep such as this night offered.

Maybe though, if someone were to disturb her by getting right in her face as she slept, she would kill them and claim that she did so in her sleep…a logical excuse, and a very true one.

Funny though, for she has already done so. One of the creatures which did something to her and [member="Ashla Saris"] outside the lodge, had made its way into her bedroom, and it lays dead upon the bedroom floor. Pom remains fast asleep. She obviously caused its deadness, and honestly slept through it.

be6PS6.png
Madalena tip toed not the kitchen. She had expected to find it dark, deserted, with the other two in their rooms, sleeping. What she had not expected was to find [member="Ashla Saris"] there, her eyes falling on the red skinned woman the moment she turned the lights on. It was only due to her training that she did not jump in surprise.

Her gaze moved immediately, from Asha to the kitchen. There had been something there, and it hadn't been Ashla.

"Do you sense it too?" she asked, moving closer to her so she could protect her in case of need. Madalena was more than certain that she had not made any of it up, that her mind was fine. Was this perhaps something akin to what the women had described over dinner last night? Looking at her, Ashla didn't seem like someone who was getting spooked out by something that was in the kitchen, but that could mean…

"Chit," Madalena cursed, and motioned for Ashla to follow as she headed directly into Pom's chamber, kicking the door open, weapon out and ready to fire.

Only to find the poor creature dead on the floor.

What the krak?!

"I'm not the only one seeing that, am I?"

Sense it? What did she mean by that? As far as Ashla knew she was the only one on the kitchen before the captain arrived and she didn't saw nor hear anyone on the way here, more importantly after some seconds it seemed that [member="Madalena Antares"] realize something and motion to follow her, the Togruta move along having figure out where the captain was going

"Guess the paranoia is getting to us, but trust me captain if there was something here I should've hear it with no pr─" Ashla stop midsentence once they reach [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] room and saw a creature dead on the floor "H-how?"

The girl was simply amazed by the fact the witch was capable of took down that creature and just go back to sleep as if nothing happen, would it be smart to wake her up and try to figure out what this creature is? Certainly that would be the smart option but Ashla doesn't want to be the next one motionless on the floor

"Hopefully this thing was by itself and it doesn't have any friends near"

The sound of her bedroom door being kicked in caused the Sorceress to levitate in her sleeping state, and she instinctively reached out with her arm, her potion still clutched in one hand, outstretched towards the two figures standing in the doorway. Pom's eyes slid open momentarily and she focussed on the weapon first, her eyes narrowed in intense concentration to conquer the ability of the crude piece of weaponry. Recognizing the intruders for her own allies, her body relaxed once again and slowly drifted back to the surface of the bed. She remained asleep for a few minutes longer, without a care in the world.

She heard them talking, which drew her unconscious attention to them and held it fast. When the Nightsister finally awoke, she stretched out her entire body like a cat. She sat up in the bed and inquired, "What's that?" seeing the motionless lump upon the floor. "That thing isn't your scientist after an experiment gone badly; is it?"

Couldn't it be though? The guy dealt with genetic modification, cloning, experimental sciences.

"I know what this is about! You guys had ice cream and cake just now without me! Didn't you? You guys! The both of you!" She pointed back and forth between [member="Madalena Antares"] and [member="Ashla Saris"], her potion still clenched tightly within her fist. "ARGH!" Pom simply is no good unless well rested.

be6PS6.png
Normally, Madalena liked to pride herself on being able to react quickly to situations. But seeing [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] just continue to sleep almost like a baby without a sense of danger just made her stand there, dumbstruck. She was in shock. She was in awe. She wanted to ask the witch if she could teach her how to do that too, since Madalena could certainly use better sleep. And so could a few other people she knew.

Coughing and swallowing to wet her throat, she turned to @Asha Saris first. "I think Pomsty is the one that can explain the how," she said, still blinking minutes later.

Carefully, she walked to the remains that were on the floor, peeking up only once to look at Pomsty who was complaining about them having had ice cream and cake. "If you want ice cream and cake, witch," she answered, keeping her tone calm and collected, "Then we need to finish this mission. Ashla and I haven't had any, but once we're done, we can all have it, and I will cover the bill. Now hold on – do you realize something entered your room while you slept?

She was close enough now to poke the thing.

Madalena poked it with her weapon.

It did not respond.

She edged a few more inches towards it, now moving it around with her weapon as there was no need to actual shoot it. "Any of you know how to speak with the dead?" she asked, looking at the other two, but pausing on Pomsty, "I'm still in the early stages of Necromany… Can't do anything reliable yet. But if we can question this little thing…."

Ashla was completely confused and dumbfounded, how was it possible for [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] to kill a creature that they really didn't know what it was capable of and just go back to sleep and not alert anyone, not just that but then wake up have no idea what was happening and accuse them of something like eating Ice cream and cake... Unless she wasn't completely asleep when that happen

"What if that thing did "that" again?" She ask "It enter here and make that sound to enter in that trance but she kill it before it took effect, once the effect happen Pom would only remember being asleep..." Did that make sense? Hopefully as that was the only thing that the Togruta could think of at the moment

The captain ask if any of them was capable of talking with the death, that was a really strong ability that sadly Ashla didn't pick up before getting capture back when she was younger, not that anyone would teach Necromancy to a young Togruta back in Shili but she was interested nonetheless

"Should we remain together or check if more of those things manage to break in here? I most certainly can take a look while you try to talk to that thing" Ashla commented looking at [member="Madalena Antares"]

[member="Ashla Saris"]

Pom yawned while the Commander yet again asked for a performance of magick. A peculiar expression blossomed over her face. Oh she will do it, alright.

Pom likes the idea of searching the property again. She wants to wait until after giving her next performance.

Pom started singing an incantation. It was beautiful actually. What else could it be since she has been singing for all of her life!

Unfortunately rigor mortis has set in on the little vampire troll looking creature. Pom brought it back to life as recommended. She peered at it intently, commanding it to respond. And it said, BUUUUUUUUUUURP. A foul smell permeated throughout the previously seemingly serene bedroom. Then the poor little thing barfed upon the floor before choking and mumbling, coughing. It came to stand and looked up at Madalena before chirping and gargling some more.

Pom gazed over at Madalena and announced, “He says his tribe became mortal enemies with humanoids since the scientists began the ghastly practice of force feeding their species coffee beans and cultivating their excrement for human consumption as a delicacy.”

Pom pauses after the declaration, finding the smell emitting from the creature, nauseating. She just stared at the two, amused with herself.

Not every creature is sentient and can communicate through felt thought, if not Galactic Basic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom