Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bEjgnp.png

Kamino.

Madalena had not returned to the planet since that day that she had been brought into her body upon it. It had been a hard ordeal, one that had almost ended with both her and her sister dead, and she had hoped that it would be a good while longer before she ever had reason to come back to it again.

But life had other plans.

Upon her return into a new body, she had chosen to become active again as soon as her body permitted her to. It was still not completely natural, as the bracers that were hidden beneath her Strike Armor could attest to. But there were small gains, tiny improvements, from day to day, and she was fit to go on missions sooner than expected providing they did not actually include combat. Yet just because a mission was not expected to include any physical fighting, hardly ever meant that there wouldn't be. For better or for worse, Madalena Antares was a Knight Obsidian, and she did what the job demanded of her, time after time.

A Knight Commander now, and no longer a Pathfinder, the new position within the Knights at least ensured that she was using her head more than her body. The song that she had heard while inhabiting her sister's body was no longer there when she fought. Among all the things lost from transforming out of that body and into the current one, it was the single thing that she actually regretted. Not even losing her Blood Hound abilities could measure up to that.

Forcing such thoughts out of her mind, Madalena looked at the deep oceans that were revealed to her as the clouds separated once she'd broken through atmo. Kamino was a devastatingly beautiful planet to behold, and it was there that today would begin on.

While under Confederate protection, the planet was not entirely owned by the faction in the classic sense. Those who were not part of the Confederacy could still make use of it, providing they were not from other hostile factions, and to keep tabs on what was happening, the Confederacy had more than a few informants under their wing.

It was one of those informants that had gone missing. Madalena and her mission buds were ordered to go and discover who had done it, why, and see if there was still a living informant to bring back. Aside for Madalena herself, two more were chosen; a Pathfinder, and a Mandragora, and the three had planned to meet up at the entrance to one of the many research labs that could be found on the watery planet.

Madalena parked her ship and left, headed for the entrance. It was another rainy night where they were, and she hoped the others were either already there or would be arriving shortly.

The research lab. ‘Researching what? Are they still cloning people here?’ Being a clone, yet fabricated in vivo, Pom’s stomach turned thinking about how many individuals from this place had never gotten a chance to evolve without outside manipulation to determine who they are, how they will react, and behave. If this is going on today, she wanted to be as far away from it as possible. She would need to resist setting the little ones free.

Concerning Pom creation, once the Nightsisters learned that her original purchaser was not returning for her, they did not program her mind to become the person she was made to be. Her birth mother being the Late Priestess, they allowed Pom to evolve as a full fledged member of the coven. She had not learned her history until recently. Light of the new knowledge sent Pom into a stage of revolting against everyone who is connected to her past. She sought the universal freedom to evolve without coercion.

Today her place among the Knights Obsidian provides just that freedom. If this lab still clones people, she could curse this whole laboratory just because she can, and walk away proud to exorcise her freedoms. Instead, she held onto her self-control and decided it best to not ask any questions about what goes on inside here, as their purpose does not effect the mission anyhow. Smiting can always come later!

She grabbed the datapad which detailed the information on the lost informant and immediately went out into the rain, coming face to face with [member="Madalena Antares"] as she arrived.

Pomsty raised her voice over the sound of the pummeling rain, instead of venture back into the lab to speak to her. “This is all the information they have in here,” she said holding out the datapad, luckily one of the newer versions giving it waterproofing capabilities. “And this is a hand-written private journal. Hopefully something can give us some leads.” She referenced the journal safely tucked into the inside vest pocket of her trench coat.

“They’ve set up a beacon at the last known sighting to help us find our way.” Pom tapped the datapad and initiated access to the beacon signal, and a map of the path which lay ahead of them lit up onscreen. They would not however be able to make the entire trek in one night. “They told me that there is a station this far out. It is kept stocked with provisions.” She pointed it out along the route, as it is the location of their overnight lodging.

[member="Silas Rin"]

Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor
Wielding:Obsidian Knight Sword
Tags: [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Silas Rin"]

Bcj802.png

Madalena smiled as Pom came into view, nodding to the Mandragora lady with warmth. Pom was quick to cut to the chase, skipping redundant small talk entirely – that was something the Sith Sorceress appreciated immensely. While she was not as challenged in the area as her sister was, she did prefer to get to the meat of the matter as fast as they could, especially when they were on a planet that made her feel so much discomfort.

Taking the datapad from the shorter woman, Madalena raised her hand into the air creating a block of air above the two to keep the rain away. It was a parlor trick, truly, but in times like these, it was more than efficient. As the woman continued to give information, the Knight Commander viewed the data and nodded to herself.

"Sounds like the station is where we need to get to first," she said with a smile.

Looking into the rains around them, Madalena raised an eyebrow. There was another one that had been meant to join them, yet she was not there yet. Madalena was not one with great patience for tardiness unless it was a social event, and this, was not one of those.

"We shall wait five more minutes," she said, "if the other one does not show by then, we will begin the trek."

the Confederacy is a neutral-aligned nation built upon a foundation of Liberty, Prosperity, and Independence. While it shares many similarities with its ancestral predecessor, such as an affinity for Droids, the nation strives to keep the Southern Systems truly independent without slavery, avarice, or corruption.

Ashla has heard and read about the CIS for a while and they share a goal that the Togruta, no slavery nor corruption fighting for prosperity and independence, definitely a group that the girl would support and love to join, after spending three years on Nar Shaddaa she finally manage to leave the smuggler's moon by getting a ship it wasn't cheap nor it was the best out there but the HWK-290 light freighter should work for now, it manage to took her out and that was enough.

The Togruta gather all the information she could about the CIS and the planets under their territory to try and help them see if they accept her, soon her efforts would pay as she reach the planet of Kamino, she didn't had much information of the planet aside that it seemed to work with cloning and that it wasn't fully own by the confederacy and being just under their protection, nontheless the girl landed in the planet with high hopes of finding someone that belonged to the faction

Once outside the Togruta would feel the cold rain of the planet, she quickly move to one of the nearest lab where two women were waiting whether they where locals or not it didn't matter anything was better that being lonely on the rain.

"Hi, my name is Ashla Saris" The Togruta introduce herself with a small bow "I heard that this planet was under the protection of the CIS I wanted to know if some representatives were here"

[member="Madalena Antares"]
[member="Pom Stych Tivé"]

The nightsister did not mind the rain. She had a Potion for it, which would keep her 100% dry, but was thankful for the magick rendered by [member="Madalena Antares"]. "I would like very much if you would show me that someday," she requested.

They were awaiting the other member, and somebody did show up. She couldn't be the one they were expecting. "My name is Pom Stych Tivé." Pom peered deeply into the new arrival and deemed her intentions innocent enough. She also remembered what Asher Mossa had told her about fate and how it trumps the idea of luck any day. "You were meant to be here at this exact moment, if you believe it," she said to [member="Ashla Saris"]. "We are with the CIS. And we are going out there into the lesser charted forest to find a missing operative." She did not sense any urgency within the other girl, and wondered if there were some way she could help them with their objective, if she even wanted to come along. It sure would be a good test of loyalty!

"We could...talk along the way?" she said as she looked at Madalena. "It is your call." Afterall, Madalena is in charge!

Tags: [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Ashla Saris"]

Bcj802.png
"It would be my pleasure," Madalena smiled warmly at Pom, "as one of the Knights, you are entitled to training; both within the Knight Obsidian various compounds, and with me. I'm new to being Knight Commander so my schedule is still open. If you find yourself on Geonosis let me know, we can schedule lessons."

Satisfied, Madalena nodded, more to herself than to the Witch. It felt good, knowing that she had the free reign to make the other Knights better versions of themselves now. Certainly, she had done so while being a Pathfinder as well, running missions and training others, but now… Now it felt like she had a stronger back to do so. And she intended to make very good use of it.

As the two remained standing there for only another handful of moments, they were approached by a newcomer - [member="Ashla Saris"]. Madalena glanced down at her datapad. The Togruta did not appear on it. And yet, she spoke of wishing to speak to Confederate representatives?

Pom spoke before her, telling the female that she was meant to be there. It sounded like Witchie mumbo jumbo, but there was no point in debating it. Different views considered these things in different ways.

But yes. She nodded to the woman. She could come along, providing Pom and herself would not give away any concealed information. After all, neither of them knew who this female was.

"I am Knight Commander Madalena Antares," she introduced herself as the group began to walk, the invisible shield that ensured the rain would not fall on them continuing to hover above the heads of all three, "I am the right hand of the Dominus Prime, the one who leads the Knights Obsidian. We are the Force Sensitive branch of the Defense Forces."

Looking at the long path that lay ahead of them, Madalena resumed, "this lovely woman here is one of my Mandragora, one of the groups within the Knights Obsidian."

Smiling warmly, Madalena's glowing green eyes befell Ashla, "why do you wish to speak to a Confederate representative?"

Ashla nodded as both women introduce themselves tilting her head curiously as [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] said that she was meant to be here, it was odd to say the least as she wasn't a strong believer of fate, it's hard to imagine that all things happen for a reason and are set in stone, the other woman introduce herself as Knight Commander of the Obsidian Knights a name that while not having any strong meaning for the Togruta it sounded really important, also a force user which explains why it seemed to be an invisible shield above them protecting them of getting wet due to the rain.

"I wish to join" Ashla answered to [member="Madalena Antares"] as she walked with them "I relate to your goals and wish to see a galaxy free of slavery and corruption"

The goal of the CIS is one she can get behind and as a smaller reason it also will give her a place to belong, a reason to explore the galaxy because wandering without aim nor goals doesn't sound like a smart idea and it was unfulfilling to say the least, so hopefully helping the Confederacy will not only make the galaxy a better place but get her a goal in life

Pom was pleased to receive the offer for a lesson from [member="Madalena Antares"]. She wondered how differently the Force users performed their magick.

At first, Pom herself needed to warm up to the idea of being a member of the CIS. Afterall, she was coerced into joining its military. However her experiences with these fellow soldiers has turned out to be more valuable than she ever imagined it could be. Nothing about her ordeal could be considered a sentence, besides her time and certain restrictions demanded of her. Rules like that she shouldn’t go around killing anyone without asking first...even though she always has good reason and gives people a chance at repentance before making her decision to render their demise. She has learned alot about the galaxy which she never could have, had she remained on Dathomir. She lead a sheltered life until she left her home planet. She soaked up every value and philosophy shared with her now, as they were testament of ways of life to which she has not been previously introduced. It did not bother her that some thought her gullible, for she was the opposite. She did comb over new ideals it’s a fine tooth comb, before accepting them.

Pomsty knew that whatever life [member="Ashla Saris"] lead before this moment, she would certainly find fulfillment within the CIS, even if [member="Adron Malvern"] should become a thorn in her side too, just like he is Pom’s.

Pom looked over the dimly lit datapad map, their path lead straight into the woods. The land was dark under the great canopy. Pomsty pulled a crystal wand from her pocket, and after uttering a few words quietly to herself, she shot a light into the sky which hung in the air like a flare. It lit the path ahead of them.

Not far from where they started, Pom heard the raging river they would need to cross before they can begin their way to the outpost where they shall settle for the night. The trees dropped off suddenly as they approached to the edge of the cliff. An long, old rickety rope bridge would lead them to the other side. Far below them lies the river, only the whitecaps shone amidst the darkness. Pom’s light lit the nearest handrail and floorboards of the bridge. Anything could lie in wait for them along their way.

Bcj802.png

It appeared that the Togruta wished… To join? The Confederacy? Madalena blinked, though it was the only visible sign of surprise that would have been visible upon her features. She had never expected to actually do some active recruiting, and while this wasn't exactly active on her side just yet, a strange woman had just… Walked up to her and asked to join.

Perhaps there was some merit to what the Witch had said earlier. Glancing over at Pom, the woman had no words to offer, and so Madalena let the silence reign for only a handful of moments before turning her head to Ashla, and smiled.

"I'm more than certain that the Confederacy will be happy to have you," she said genuinely, "joining it requires some protocol though, one that I cannot perform here. We need to be on Geonosis for that. My fellow Knight here and I are currently on a mission."

Looking at Pom again, Madalena noted how the woman checked the map, looked at the path. She didn't know that specific Mandragora well yet, but she knew she could trust her with this and set her own mind at ease. And a second later came the light, proving her right.

"Can you handle your own in battle?" Madlena asked as she stared down the cliff, knowing all too well what landing at the bottom of it would feel like, "what skills do you have?" Sighing, she turned to look at the Togruta again, "I do not ask this to demean you. But I need to know whether or not you're coming along with us, or whether I am sending you on your own to Geonosis, because Pom and I cannot and will not abandon this mission before it's completed."

The Togruta smiled as [member="Madalena Antares"] mention that the CIS would be happy to have her join, that was easy than expected but no complains from her if anything this makes her feel more at ease, tho it seemed that they couldn't "officially" reclute her here and the procedure should be done in Geonosis... Ashla sighed, well she got this far to just turn back and who knows maybe they could use some extra hands

"That, I can" She said pulling her DL-44 Blaster pistol from the holster ​"Might as well proof that I can be of use for the CIS"

Whatever the mission was the Togruta was determined to help on everything she could, while fighting and shooting was something she could do decently her best skill was stealth, being a thief stranded on Nar Shaddaa for 3 years taught her how to remain hidden, not pissed the wrong people off and above else be silent while spying.

"I'll follow your lead"

The wind started to pick up, and the long rope bridge made an eerie creaking noise. It bothered the Sorceress most that she could not see far enough ahead to determine if anything lie in waiting to make a meal of passers-by. She stared at the rope bridge on the map, that signified just how long it is. 'Could it really be scaled correctly? Over one and a quarter miles?'

"Once we start, there can be no turning back," she raised her voice as the pummeling of the rain upon the ground increased. At the bottom of the cavern bellow, the waters raged. She felt a slight apprehension for the unknown, nothing major, just ill at ease with something she could not put her finger on...not to mention, her people don't swim. Why would a Nightsister need to know how to swim? There was this monster living in the lagoon that surrounded the Witches' Lair anyhow. She could always Apparate, only that doesn't solve the problem of gravity...of possibly plummeting and ultimately drowning.

Pomsty stepped lightly onto the wood planks of the bridge and she immediately slipped, grasping for the waste high rope rails. 'Shouldn't these be higher in order to be safe?' She wondered if maybe they will rise up along the way. She peered over the edge to the raging water bellow. Waving her hand once more, the light she cast followed on ahead of the group, lighting more fog than their physical path.

[member="Madalena Antares"] [member="Ashla Saris"]

be6PS6.png

Noting the pistol, Madalena nodded. So the Togruta could provide ranged assistance in case of need. But as she did not disclose the rest of her abilities to the Knight Commander, Madalena could only assign her to do just that; shoot from a distance. But the woman was willing, and that within itself was enough to make her smile.

Looking over the bridge, the same concerns that were going through the Mandagora's mind were going through Madalena's. She knew how to swim, but could either of the three survive the fall in case it happened?

When Pom nearly slipped, Madalena was ready to catch her with the Force; but Pom regained her balance faster than Madalena caught her, and so she released the soft tendrils of the Force. Looking at the raging waters again, Madalena sighed.

"Go, I'll take the rear," she said to Ashla, and chewed on her lower lip. Why did they even need to cross this silly thing? Wouldn't it have been easier to just direct them from the get go to where they needed to land for safety? Or at least issue them some vehicle that could make the trip and have them finish it in one go? Madalena was going to have some very harsh words with the Dominus when they got back from the missions.

The wind that billowed for dramatic effect also did little to improve her mood regarding the whole thing, despite Pom's lighting up their way and breaking through some of the fog.

"Down on all fours," Madalena ordered the other two, "Center of gravity. You're also less likely to slip this way. But even if you do slip – I will catch you. Trust me."

With that, Madalena uttered a short prayer to no one in particular, and got down on all fours herself. Lead through example.

"Once we start we can't turn back" she had heard that expression and said it a couple of times and in every single instance her only reaction was to nod and keep moving forward, as she said might as well prove what she's capable of and one old rope bridge won't stop her, she knew how to swim so falling into the river wasn't much of a problem, the major problem would be the fall that look a little nasty to say the least.

Ashla nodded as [member="Madalena Antares"] told her to go, the Togruta took a deep breath and started walking through the bridge, she felt the cold and slippery wood planks on her feet yet she remain her balance taking slow and careful steps, the fact that she was bare footed help a little to not slip too much

Suddenly Madalena order to be on all fours and certainly that would help a little on the "not slip and fall" part, with the knight behind making sure they don't fall and the witch in front guiding them and illuminating the path ahead Ashla felt safe tho a little useless, hopefully she'll get a chance to impress the women soon.

[member="Pom Stych Tivé"]

The old slimy wood planks began to lean, and the rope she held onto seemed to reach higher and higher until it was over her head. She began to grip hold of the ropes holding the bridge fast to its suspension line, and those too became farther and farther apart. She felt more like she was haphazardly darting from one line to the next.

The order was given to crawl, which Pomsty did not particularly like, but she complied. The method she had been using to begin their trek to the other side of the long ancient bridge, did not seem safe at all. At least with the order given, her risk of falling became minimized.

In time, she began to see a vine growing throughout the planks. It had a sweet smell, but it was quite strong. She heard a low sound emitted from an animal. She stopped momentarily to view the indigenous lifeforms listed in the datapad files. Without knowing what it might look like, she felt at a loss. They would just have to see it first, before they could judge its threat, if any.

Something much unexpected occurred...

Pom regained her senses as she stood at the edge of the flowery field, the same patch of flowers which had grown along the rope bridge. She stood in the darkness next to the others, for her guide light had gone out; but when? She felt so very cold from the rain, as if she had been standing still for hours. At some point the Commander had dropped her Force Umbrella as well. Pom glanced at [member="Ashla Saris"], and then [member="Madalena Antares"]. The lodge loomed before them, its shadow folded over the darkness before the three women, causing the ground to seem nonexistent. Her knees however were killing her, suggesting that she had travelled across the entire bridge in a crawl. She had no idea how she had gotten this far with the others.

She did not want to say it, but she had to know, "I...I've lost time. I don't know what happened between starting our journey across the bridge, and coming to stand here." She looked down at her feet, and noted the land they stood upon to be barren. The flowers simply stopped right behind their feet. Her clothing was spattered in streaks of mud.

'Are those small handprints perhaps?'

The coo of the animals she heard before on the bridge seemed to mock her, and she saw the leaves rustle as they darted away hidden in the brush.

They might be safer inside the lodge...then again, maybe they would not be.

be6PS6.png
Pom's floating light was the only point of reassurance Madalena could hang on to as the three began to make their way on the bridge. She did not understand any of it; why not just drop closing to the first location or the end goal, why go through all of this, and what was it they were putting in lie in danger for; a missing scientist. Was this the fastest or easiest way for their mission? When she'd stepped off her ship, she thought it was. Now, that no longer rang so true.

Slowly, the three made their way forward. Inch by inch, crawl by crawl. The sound of the river rushing below them was silent in Madalena's ears, the smell of the vines that Pom was smelling did not reach her nose. She had two objectives until they got to the other side; the first was to not fall. The other one was to keep an eye on both the other ladies and made sure they did not fall. The Force was with them that rainy night; it was only by a miracle that there wasn't even an almost accident by the time they made it to the other side, by which time sweat was pouring down Madalena's face from the effort of all of it.

And then they were on the other side. No casualties. No injuries. No almost falling to their deaths. The smile on Madalena's face, tired as it may have been, spoke of triumph. She rose, dusting herself off. They were still not close enough to finishing this for a bath soak to be an option, but this was huge progress. Looking up, her eyes befell the lodge. The flowers that were round them almost didn't register to her mind, but their importance or potential importance – did not. At all.

"Let's get inside," she said to the others as she half jumped forward, surprised there was still strength in her limbs after that endless crawl. "If we're lucky, there'll be food inside and save us the need to hunt this wet and miserable night."

Coming to the front door, Madalena pressed her palm against the entry pad. The green light came on and the door swung open into the darkness that loomed inside. Not thinking much of it, her hand automatically searched for the way to turn the lights on, finding it within moments. The entry might have been standard tech, but the inside was all old wood and lovely cabin-like architecture. It was truly lovely.

"This place is supposed to hold two refreshers," she said, remembering the information from the briefing prior to the mission, "go find them and warm yourself up. I'll check the food situation in the meantime."

Wasting no time, Madalena headed directly to the kitchen area, opening cabinets. Rations, powders, all of that. It wasn't perfect. But there were enough things to make warm healthy soup, which was exactly what they needed. Not perfect physical replenishment – but for the soul.

And so the trio crawl the seemingly endless bridge, it was uneventful for the most part a bit slow for the togruta's liking but better be safe than to fall into the river below, tho something weird happen mid point a rather sweet scent found its way to the Togruta follow by the sound of a "roar"? It was hard to describe but the sound definitely came from another living being

And that's the last thing she knew as from that point until they reach the other side of the bridge Ashla can't remember anything, she couldn't explain it either she just blacked out and when she regain her senses was with the rest at the other side and for the look of it that also happen to [member="Pom Stych Tivé"]

"You too?" The girl asked, "I heard a sound or roar and from there my mind went blank until now"

Well at least the bridge cross was done, [member="Madalena Antares"] move to the lodge and open it for the group, it was a little weird seeing that it had an entry pad with a scanner but the inside it was mostly made of wood, an odd contrast but in a way Ashla found it nice, she'd rather be in a more "natural" place rather than a technological one.

She didn't do much once inside aside of getting some warm, she stay close to Pom seeing if they could figure out what happen because if they run into that creature again and black out that could risk the mission

"What you think that thing was?" She asked, Ashla wasn't well versed in foreign creatures so she was completely clueless here "If we are going into the woods I can be of more help, I know the basics of surviving and hunting" A skill that comes to be born and raised in a planet like Shili, all Togrutas are train to survive, hunt and hide in the wild "So if we deemed a threat I could try and track it down... Tho I guess it has a way to escape if it makes that sound again and I black out..." The Togruta sighed, the thing whatever it was could be troublesome but blindly trying to hunt it doesn't sound smart, specially when they have a different mission

Pom’s mouth dropped as the Commander [member="Madalena Antares"] just went about the business of gaining entry into the lodge. [member="Ashla Saris"] however seemed as perplexed as she felt. She was holding onto the datapad in such a tight grip that her fingertips had turned white. Pom animated and started searching through the database. She did not raise her eyes to look at the interior of the lodge. She mindlessly followed Ashla around.

She walked with Ashla as they searched through the halls for a place to wash up. It would feel good to climb into a real bed, not some tight ship’s quarters.

Ashly asked Pom if she has any idea what lurked out there. “There is nothing about anything causing any similar effects.” She directly searched the data for anything causing psychedelic effects. “Maybe it's an invasive alien species brought here by outside sources; definitely something that should be documented!” The local authorities would love to know they have a containment issue. She could not help but believe the smell of the unidentifiable flowers could be culprit, like pheromones. And yet, for an animal or being to have such a strange capability to cause confusion to the senses was rare, it is not impossible. “Do you think the sound we heard came from some type of venom spitter?” she asked, searching through the datapad archives for such a creature, and turning up, "Nothing!"

Pomsty's eyes widened and she jumped back suddenly. “Ew! Something had bit me out there! Maybe that was it.” It wasn’t a terribly large bite on the underside of her wrist, but the small thin puncture marks were deep and defined. They were precisionly placed near her visible veins. “Clearly an animal. Vampiric! Ick,” she shuddered, reaching into her Potions for an antibiotic wound salve. “You?” she asked wondering if Ashla had been targeted as well. Maybe Madalena, the Knight Obsidian Commander had not been bitten, because she seemed to have suffered no memory loss.

The data turned up no such logged species. It was clearly foreign. “If this was someone’s pet, our problems just got bigger. Maybe our Scientist was snared in the same fashion. Maybe that particular plant and the creatures are linked. It was odd that my senses returned while standing within the barren ground surrounding the lodge, while they tramped away from us, hidden within the bush.”

They had located the nearest refresher. Pom entered. It was large and held multiple individualized private facilities. It was so spacious compared to her recent accommodations. She felt she will hate to leave it behind in the morning.

A revelation Spell to mentally walk through exactly what had occurred would require days of preparation, and typically is not a Spell instituted upon the Nightsister herself. She did not have this time, and honestly, Pom did not worry that any people were involved in what had happened to them at this point. They would just have to move forward in uncertainty.

The idea of using magick to discover what had happened fled her mind as she turned into an alcove off the row of individual showers. “Oh! she nearly screamed. "A tub! A REAL TUB!” Maybe it is time to diss the Order and just live here! Why don’t barrack designers understand women at all?!

“What a great place this is!” She froze and whispered, “Don’t tell anybody this is here.” Even her Commander might get the same idea! “We need to come back here....and...and steal this.” Maybe Pom is kidding…then again, maybe she isn’t.

Tags: [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Ashla Saris"]"]
be6PS6.png
As she'd begun to prepare a warm meal for the soul of all three of them, Madalena could hear that the two of them talking to each other as they went to look for the refreshers. Part of her wished that there'd been three, or that for about five minutes someone else was in charge so that she herself could take that hot shower she was dreaming about, but the two other women, for better or worse, were her troopers for the time being, and that meant that she had to take care of them and ensure they all got back home safely, after completing their mission.

But while she hadn't heard their conversation regarding what might have bitten them, or had any information that they were bitten at all, she did hear the squeals of joy once the women found the refreshers, and she smiled. It sounded like they were at the right place after an introduction to their mission like that. Her thoughts mirrored Pom's on the matter; it would be hard to leave the comforts in the morning. Still, she had a full pot of warm and earthy soup, and found a kitchen droid that she'd set to warm up other kinds of food such as breads and meat so that it would be ready in time.

Heading over to the master bedroom, Madalena peeked inside, seeing what the Confederacy had given her, and nodded in approval again. The bed was small, but the mattress was of good quality, and while there was no hut tub like in the main refresher, there was a private enough corner for her to do the deed on her own in complete privacy. The Knight Commander wasted no time in stripping out of her drencher armor, handing it over to the droids to get it cleaned and dried, and got herself washed.

Her hair was still dripping warm water when she finally came out of her assigned room, dressed in plain civilian night attire; simple gray yoga pants and a similarly colored tank top. The food on the table was still warm, and was waiting for them.

Taking her seat, Madalena patiently waited for the others as she began to review the information they had on their target and their mission. Tomorrow… Without a miracle, tomorrow would make today seem like child's play. She knew Pom was ready – and she hoped Ashla was to. Because failure was not an option when Madalena led a mission. It had only happened once before, and it was by miracle that the mission failure had not cost lives. But she refused to go through that again.

As the Togruta thought on a solution to deal with the creature [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] look in the data pad anything that could be related to the creature, sadly this was unsuccessful as this could be not a native species, maybe it would be best to think about it later when they have more information about it, for now the best they could do is relax a little, they gain nothing by worrying and having no clues

"Huh?" She tilt her head and look at her arms as Pom ask if something bit her, she pull up one of her sleeves and sure there it was a very small bite mark on her wrist "That's odd... You'd think I'd feel it..." Then again it could've happen during the time she can't recall "Mind helping?" She said extending her arm asking Pom to use the potion on her too, normally she wouldn't pay much attention to a small bite like that but without knowing what cause it one can't never be careful enough

After that they finally found the refreshers and in a good moment as Ashla only could think of having a warm bath, she was suprised by how big the lodge actually was, she expected to have room enough for one person maybe two, but this was definitely a welcome surprised the girl took her time to enjoy the bath and make all worries fade away

Once outside she'd meet with the witch who said that they need to come back after the mission and steal it, the Togruta grinned as this was definitely not an idea she'd expect from any of the two girls, she now understand the "never judge a book by the cover" saying.

"I you want to steal something, I'm your girl" She said proudly "Tho I'll be silent about this idea, who knows how our captain will react?" The Knight commander might not like the idea as much as Ashla

And soon both girls would join the captain at the table to enjoy the warm meal prepared by [member="Madalena Antares"] , Ashla remain silent most of the time as she really didn't had much to add if the conversation was about the mission she just listen and gather the information, there was a more important question in the Togruta's mind tho.

"May I ask something, Captain?" She waited some seconds before issuing her question "Did something unusual happen on the bridge cross?" If the knight was the only one of the three that wasn't affected by the memory loss she might be able to tell them something "Did you smell something? Hear a sound or at the very least did we act weirdly?"

Pom seemed to spend as much time as she could in the heat of the bath, without stealing too much time in it away from the others. She worried about wether something could be hiding inside the lodge, that she kept her boots and vest on, now clean, after she changed into her more comfortable attire. She would not sleep without her potions close to her reach!

As the two arrived in time for dinner, [member="Ashla Saris"] asked Commander [member="Madalena Antares"] if she witnessed anything odd occur on the bridge. A strange thought occurred to Pom, "Something did happen to us. What is to say, that same thing might have happened to the missing Scientist? He could still be out there somewhere these creatures dwell...presumably among the flowers. But how would we get to him without becoming effected again ourselves?"

She too was curious what the Commander would say. She had not hinted that anything occurred to her earlier.

"Could you imagine if we had landed the ship here in the meadow, and those things got to us then?" she asked Ashla. "I mean, we could have gotten injured or worse, no matter where we met up with them! But to walk behind the ignited turbine!"

She knew it was obsessive to fear the lodge infested, because maybe they would have come to the food! But still, "I am going to sleep with one eye open tonight." One open window in the attic and it's over for them all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom