Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Quiet Day for the Guard

[member="Stephanie Brown"]

Soell sighed as she slid her helmet on and exited the Guard Barracks, blue armored boots clacking against the permacrete while the armorweave cloak of the set billowed in the morning breeze. The Republic Capital settled on Yutan wasn't a terrible place, she had certainly seen far worse worlds before transferring into the Senate Guard. However, the young Echani woman certainly thought the capital was better situated on Coruscant and even Onderon and Chazwa had been more pleasant planets for the seat of government to sit on. Regardless, as just a lowly Lieutenant she really had no room to comment on the state of matters.

Not that she actually had a problem she wished to complain about, rather it was just a fact and one she accepted. Soell Alberio was a simple soldier and didn't care where she was sent to do her duty so long as she did it and did it well. As such the Echani serving as a Senate Commando was quick to take her place at the West entrance where the morning patrol would begin today. With the move of the Capital though and thus the transfer of personnel with it, the patrols hadn't fully settled into a new pattern, especially since other Senate Guard were either deployed or pulled back in response to the loss of Togoria, so there was no assigned squads yet.

So wondering who she would be accompanied by, Soell shuffled the blaster rifle in her arms as she glanced at the Yutan system's sun and wondered if it was brighter than the ones she had seen before.

Steph would have just been inducted into the senate guard. She would have been really happy as she was inducted. She would make her way to the barracks and change into her guard armor it was a bit big

[member="Soell Alberio"]

When the other woman finally arrived, at least Soell would assume it was another woman since the roster did have her listed as Stephanie, the Echani would wave her fellow senate guardsmen over as she adjusted her blaster's sling and settled into step alongside her. "Good morning, it's a nice day for the typical morning routine don't you think? Were you recently stationed here after the Togoria fiasco too or are you a new recruit, I didn't recognize your name on the roster for the morning patrols." Hoping to begin building a repertoire with her colleague, Soell tried to start up the conversation as simply as she could. Normally they weren't supposed to talk much, but she was of the mind to get to know the people she would serve beside.

"I am brand new." She said adjusting her armor for it was too big and as such a little uncomfortable. She would smile at the woman whom had talked to her. Stephanie would just then remember her mask was still on and reach to remove it. "So what is it like? you know being a guardsman and all?" She asked actually curious. She had never done anything like this before

[member="Soell Alberio"]

Lifting up the visor of her own helmet so she could offer the other woman a smile back, Soell took a moment before answering her fellow guardsmen as she tried to think of the best way to answer her. She had only been a guard for a few years herself, before that she had just served as a regular soldier in the military. "In a way I think it's one of the most refreshing careers to take. Not only are we the protectors of dozens of systems elected representatives, but we are also a major component of the judicial department that handles major criminal organizations. Although the Jedi used to do that as well, the war has kept them pretty occupied. I wouldn't doubt the Senate likely intends to deploy the Senate Guard on operations in the future since we're supposed to be the elite forces of the Republic. I feel like people look down on us just because we're so often seen here and in embassies standing around. If trouble happens though we're around to take care of it. Most people are thankfully not stupid enough to test us on it. We're well trained after all, and certainly well equipped. It's a rewarding job knowing we're essentially soldiers and police mixed together, so we can do multiple jobs. Is this your first assignment or did you have senator duty anytime before getting transferred to the Senate hall for now?"

Seeing the edge of the perimeter, Soell watched the patrol working their way back from their route come into view while she slid her visor back down and kept talking to Stephanie. "Was just wondering. The place has been busy with Senate Commandos being pulled from the lost territory to fill new positions around here and being sent into the lost systems for recovery operations. So I wouldn't just assume a new face is a new recruit, you could have just been assigned elsewhere. I was, and we're likely to be transferred again soon as they see fit. Senatorial Guard duty is a risky business depending on where the senator is going, so people like the assignment we have a lot since its the safest, but since we're elite forces I think its better for us to be a lot more effective in being used against the Republic's enemies. Most of the guard have Echani training and learn Hijkata arts. Speaking of by the way how was your score in your class for Hijkata training?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom