Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question or two... Or three

So, i have finally mustered up the courage to create my first main character on this site... Unfortunately, i am having some trouble, and a few questions have arisen:

I am just starting out with a new character, fresh from my imagination. However, she is technically not a Force User yet. Bear with me, this might get a bit confusing.

1. As soon as i complete a character template and post it in the Character Creation Forum, i will immediately find my character a mentor (Jedi.) However, right now, she is not a padawan yet. So for my character template, should i just put her down as a padawan? Or as a Force User? Or....???

2. Thanks to my amazingly annoying mind, i have created a father for my character. He just happens to be a Sith Lord. Does this mean that i should create this character first, roleplay with him, elevate him from Apprentice to Sith Lord, and then create my main character? I don't believe i can just randomly announce him as a Sith Lord... So should i wait to make my main character and roleplay the father first?

3. So whatever happens between the father possibly being roleplayed first, etc; i do want my main character to be in a faction. However, between my shyness and limited knowledge, i am unsure of whether or not i can go to the owner(s) of a faction and ask to join. Is this a possibility, or do i have to be invited, etc?

Unrelated to the topic above, i recently created a droid to be a companion for another rper's character. Should i make a character template for him?

Thank you for your help! *gives out free Slender hugs*

[member="Skipper"] | [member="SilverSlender"]

Let's see if I can answer these questions.

1. You can put down as 'unknowingly force sensitive' or something of that ilk. It doesn't really matter so long as you convey the essential facts.
  2. This location: http://starwarsrp.net/forum/1366-npc-creation/ lets you add in your character's father as an NPC. Having him as a Sith Lord shouldn't be an issue so long as you don't have him show up in threads and try to beat up other writers! :p
  3. You can join or apply to join any faction you want. Some are open season, some require your membership to be accepted first. Either way, I doubt you'll have trouble. Were you looking for a Sith or Jedi faction, or something else?

1. Ah that's good to hear, thank you!
2. Haha that is true... *the father backs away awkwardly from the random person he was about to kill*
I think i may just create both characters that i will roleplay, but maybe the father will be roleplayed a few years in the past. He will not be my main character, but his training, and promotion obviously have to be roleplayed... Possibly just those kinds of threads with some battles, captures, kills (not very likely, but possible,) etc.
3. And i was actually looking for a faction for both the father and my main character... Probably not to join immediately unless i change my mind or the roleplayers of the masters of my two characters make a convincing argument, but i am definitely looking for both a Sith and Jedi one for my characters to join. Any suggestions? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom