Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question about connected subs involving Codex and Factory

Alright so as title states, I have a question about a two-part sub I want to make that involves one going into the Codex and one going into the Factory. I wanted to get some advise and get an idea of what I will be dealing with before going full speed into things and running straight into a brick wall. And with all of that said, I will get into it.

I have gotten 3 subs approved so far here in the Codex for a planet and 2 species. I am wanting to do a third sub for a species, but part of the intent behind it is to have a creature with a very high quality leather. Which is where the Factory part of things comes in with a tech sub. The leather, and in part the creature it comes from, is meant to be on the level of effectiveness as restricted materials such as phrik and cortosis. I have noticed around the board that no good source of leather exists for the creation of armor and clothing. The only leather than ever seems to be used, when not just saying leather in general, is Terentatek leather. I want to provide the site with a second option for leather that focuses on raw protection from both physical and energy based attacks while lacking the force hiding qualities. The leather is meant to provide protection between that of standard metals and the more durable metals such as phrik and beskar, while retaining the natural advantage of flexibility that leather has over metal. There will be draw backs to it such as the leather is heavier and causes the level of heat within the leather to be higher than usual, so it would basically be a hot box effect.

I would also like to see that it gets treated the same way as the current restricted materials in that there needs to be a thread related to its acquiring because it is so effective at offering protection. The biggest issue here is that the other materials on that list are cannon and so exist within the Star Wars universe already. I was wondering if this kind of idea of a creature that can only be found on a single planet providing a leather, which would be the first leather item on the list, be able to be placed on the restricted items list even though it is not cannon.

I know what I am wanting to do here is very ambitious and likely already know the answer I will get, but I would appreciate any feedback I can get on this. Either way I plan on doing the submissions for the creature and the leather, but I would like to know if I would be better off toning things down from the beginning or if this idea might be plausible if I work with the staff on it. Thank you for reading my giant wall of text here, and thank you for any feedback I get.

[member="Gray Raxis"]
Lightsabre resistant materials (dependent on level of resistance) will not be easily approved.

There are canon creatures such as terentarek whose leather provides useful protection.

For you to submit a creature you would need to work with the Codex Judge to find a happy medium between strengths, availability and level of durability.

I'm not opposed to your idea, just bear in mind it will likely need some tweaking.

I will also raise it with the Factory Admin [member="Spencer Varanin"] when I believe the sub is ready so that they don't get blindsided by it.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

The leather will not be lightsaber resistant, although it will be flame retardant and resistant to electrical surges such as force lightning and arc weapons. So that shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah I know I will need a lot of work on it to get it to that happy medium and likely require dev threads also, so I am more than willing to work with the Factory staff on that.

My biggest question was really the possibility of it becoming a restricted material even though it is not canon. I do not know how yall determine what should and should not be on that list, and I have no insight into the inner workings of the site so I really was just clueless on if it was even an option or not. As much as I would like for it to be on the list, I am fine even if it is not. I just figured that way it would provide some fun RP experiences for people collecting because it would require someone having to go hunt down the beast.

Thank you for all of the answers, and I am glad to see it is more open to the idea than I thought it would be honestly. I will be sure to work with everyone I need to on it as well, no matter how things turn out in the end.

[member="Gray Raxis"]
If it's not lightsabre or Force resistant I can't see it becoming a part of the restricted list.

A dev thread may be needed, but the Judge will assess that at the time. You can pre-empt them by doing one if you want.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I felt the combo of protection and flexibility with being lightsaber resistant would be a little too much honestly, but if it is something that would be allowed with enough development then I may just do that.

I planned on subbing it after I get the creature approved first, because without the creature there is no leather. The creature would have the same benefits though as the leather seeing how it is coming off of it, so if I do a dev for the creature would it be allowed to use the same dev thread for another sub or would another dev be required? I ask because it feels like a general rule for all subs.

Once again thank you for all of the replies filled with answers.

Matreya

I would shoot for at least 50 personally man. Its a mass produced item, one that might eventually become a restricted.

Not a Judge, so don't take my word as gold.

Also, yeah that sounds good. Cause I might be able to assist.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

[member="Gray Raxis"]

That's something that usually comes up with the judgement, but 30-50 depending on how "special" the item is. As for mass production, im not sure if you'll be able to swing it IMO.

Gray Raxis said:
How many posts am I looking at more than likely? If you can say that is. I just want to have an idea in mind if that is okay.
Are you looking at a tech submission? If so, I suggest making a copy of your submission, or at least the special features involved in it, and then check with those. Without seeing a submission it's hard to decide on how much development something should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom