Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A pool full of credits

Aaaine

Everything, anything, for science.
Time: 1300 Hours

The sun shone brightly down on the small greenery area just outside the brick building to her back. Aaaine, dressed in a typical professor's garb with few accessory save for the metallic bracelet adorning her left wrist, sat impatiently awaiting the arrival of her meeting for the afternoon.

Oh, she hoped that taking a lunch break for this would be worth it. Not that at the moment many, if any, experiments worthy of her attention were being conducted. It would take much more than the promise of a few credits to drag her away from the lab if there was an experiment that piqued her interest occurring.

No, the Chiss just wanted to be done and dusted with this meeting before her next class. As much as she despised teaching the younger generation the very basics, there were a few perks to this position at the university. One being so many fresh, young minds, every so often a good idea would pop out among them. The other, well, the private lab was a perk in itself. Though the types of research that could be done were limited as to not draw prying eyes.

That’s why she was willing to step away, put herself through the rigors of socializing, in an attempt to secure just the bare minimum amount of funding necessary to find a place for herself. Science needed to move forward, and unfortunately, there were just too many in the fields around her that decided ethics were more important than furthering the cause.

Still, she would play nice. At least for the beginning. There was still good that could be done. Small, minimal advances in prosthetic technologies, but they were advances regardless. To her knowledge, that was the reason for Dashiell’s visit. Perhaps he saw use in prosthetics for his own businesses.

A small sigh escaped Aaaine’s lips as she checked her watch again. ‘Five more minutes.’ She thought to herself. That would be a reasonable amount of time, a social amount of time, to wait. Letting her navy pant leg uncross over the other, followed by the datapad resting in her lap, busying herself with the latest lab reports in an attempt to get her mind off the seconds ticking away.

Tags : Aaaine Aaaine

Makai had no intentions stopping by Reena University after graduating just two years ago. Seemed stopping by was pointless, although he did check in on his old fraternity house, where they had tried to convince him to stay for a party that evening.

No such luck, he had no plans of staying long and besides, he didn't need any questioning about party antics from Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau .

Today, business was to be conducted with a woman who worked at the University, a budding scientist who also taught courses at the school. Makai didn't remember her name, although it was possible she was teaching course during his time at Reena. Most of his science courses were based on mineralogy, oceanography, and various geological scopes. Biology? No need for it when mining materials.

He navigated the tropical, beachy campus quickly, darting in-between the massive metal and glass buildings that took in the best of the white sandy beaches and glittering ocean.

Rounding the corner, he entered the main science building, passing various students bustling their way to class and office hours. He waved to a geology professor as he passed, one had taken a class from, and approached the biology department.

Navy tie was straightened as he found the correct office, knocking once before starting to enter.

"Professor Aaaine? Hello?"

Aaaine

Everything, anything, for science.
Time: 1310 Hours

The lab reports took her mind almost entirely off the meeting that would soon befall her. The restoration program was getting closer each and every day to live subject, anatomic testing. For now, at least, the latest reports on how the grafts were taking to the animal subjects was encouraging to say the least. Many were up and walking within a few days, and even more seemed to be back to their normal, healthy, and happy lives soon after that. Soon a small group, three to four, Fathier’s would be making their way into the facility. If Aaaine was lucky, they might have actually arrived today. Each had their own problem, gathered up from farmers willing to part with their beloved animal with the promise of their future health.

By the time she finished looking over the report of each of the incoming subjects, two with full limb grafting and another two with partials, the time that she had allotted to wait for this young businessman had passed twofold. Lips pulling into a sharp, tight line out of annoyance, Aaaine stood from her bench’s seat and turned to gather up her things. “Should have known. You’re smarter than this, trusting some…brat with a stack of credits.” The chiss chided herself, embarrassed at the thought of being duped into believing that this would fix the issues with funding. Eventually, the right benefactor would come around. She just needed to keep looking.

Returning to her place of work, she weaved her way through the crowd that had gathered throughout the halls. With classes just letting out, it seemed as though every student possessed some burning desire to be the first out of the building. Aaaine never understood it, but also acknowledged her academic upbringing was more than likely much different than most of these students, many of whom were only here to please their overbearing guardians.

By the time she had weaved her way through the crowds, she had returned to find the door to her small office already opened. One step inside revealed the sight of a sharply dressed young man, one who was expectantly looking around the sparsely decorated office. “Office hours are posted on the door, my dear. Grading corrections can be submitted to the holonet, so unless you’re…” Her words were cut short, dying at the edge of her tongue as she finally rounded around him, red eyes finally settling on his face.

“Mr. Dashiell, I take it?” Raising a non-existant eyebrow, she extended a slender hand in his direction over her desk. “I apologize. I know not where our communication was mishandled, but I expected to meet you outside. Though, as an alumni here I do suppose you knew your way around.”

Red flushed his cheeks, clearly embarrassed that they were supposed to be meeting outdoors. Makai had assumed her office because it made the most logical sense in his mind. Without having his personal protocol droid, Thirty-Seven, around to remind him of such things, his mind apparently filled in its own blanks.

"I apologize. I should have read the message more thoroughly before embarking on my own mission towards your office."

Hand outstretched in greeting, suddenly remembering his manners.

"Makai Dashiell. Its a pleasure to meet you Professor. I am surprised someone of your caliber made it all the way to Reena University."

Not that Reena University was no small government school that those with test scores inadequate elsewhere attended. Given its climate, location, and reputation among wealthy families, it attracted a sizable amount of students like himself.

"Would you like to walk around out doors? I can only imagine what its like cooped up in a small office grading tests and listening to the banal concerns of a college student. I am sure your real passion lies with the reason I am here today?"

Makai was eager to listen to her pitch. The young half-Galan saw the appeal of having someone who could serve as a consultant for many of his projects, someone to overlook some of the issues that arose in their research and development department.

If that meant funding a laboratory, then it was a small price to pay for better business profits.

Aaaine Aaaine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom