Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Noble Battle

Niv Hani
div-purple.png
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble

"If you use the fire punches, I'll give you a wedgie with the Force,"
Vera warned him with narrowed eyes, as they readied themselves in the open grass field just outside their home. It was her favorite place to train when the weather allowed it. It was less restricting than the training room inside, and she enjoyed the fresh air and feeling of the wind blowing through her hair.

Especially when fighting her little brother.

A little brother who had been non-stop training and studying to be a better duelist. It made Vera wary, even if her own skills were growing too — especially the tricks he had learned from Mom were ones she didn't quite know how to counter. Then again, she wasn't expecting her own brother to set her ablaze with punches that could shatter stone.

He'd be in so much trouble if he even tried it.

"Let's see how much you learned from Mom~" Vera then teased. With a flick of the ignition switch, her emerald blade ignited and Vera raised it up to keep the hilt by the side of her face, the blade parallel to the ground and pointing at her brother. Her left arm extended towards him as well to complete her Soresu stannce.

"Bring it."

GADividerPurple.png

"You can't ask me not to use fire punches, then ask me to show you what mom's been teaching me." That was one of the biggest things mom had taught him after all. Still, he stretched before taking out his saber with a faint grin. He was eager for this. Very eager. They'd both been learning on their own here and there, lessons that helped them become better Jedi. Stronger Jedi.

The calm blue of his Entropite saber flashed into existence as he took a calm stance. Shii-Cho, just as mom had been teaching him. It might not do well in an actual lightsaber clash, but he had a feeling it would be more useful against what Vera might throw his way. Literally. Then he took a step forward. Just one before he tensed and sprang right across the room in the blink of an eye to start the fight with a heavy slash right for her waist.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

Vera rolled her eyes, "Is all Mom teaches you how to destroy things with fire punches? Very Jedi~" Vera shot him yet another shit-eating grin. She knew Aris was probably the most Jedi out of any Padawan, but teasing him was one of her favorite things to do. He typically showed little reaction to it, but his desire to get her back for some things gave her the impression that her teasing worked.

Getting him licked by one of the Ayda came to mind.

Vera shifted her own lightsaber into its entropite setting and held her green blade ready. Her multi-colored eyes narrowed and... there he was. Her breath hitched at the burst of speed, but Vera's parry came swiftly before she stepped back to control distance just a little. He was aggresive like Mom, so she would be defensive like Dad.

Not that she wasn't going to strike back.

Behind him, water suddenly squirted from a bottle and froze in mid-air. Vera's eyes glowed as the little balls of ice were flung towards her brother from behind in an attempt to distract him. Whether it worked or not, she pressed forward and swept her blade for his chest.

GADividerPurple.png

Aris wasn't so keen on letting her get away. As she stepped back, he stepped forward, both hands on the hilt of his blade as he went to strike again. Would have, anyway. Instead he narrowed his eyes as he heard the bottles pop open before he leapt over Vera completely. He couldn't tell what exactly was coming his way, but he knew she was planning something.

Ice wasn't what he expected, but he should've. A smirk played over as he brought a hand up to smack one of the frozen orbs away with a heated fist.

"Looks like you learned some things from dad too, then."

Then he was back at her, immediately striking again and again as fast as he could. He had no intention of holding back against her.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

"More than you might think."
She was damn proud of what she had learned from their father. Even if it was very difficult to use in a spar where so much pressure was put on her. She wasn't as good as Dad yet, who could comjure up his runes half-asleep if he wanted to.

Vera was better in a support role, but she wasn't going to give Aris an easy time.

Noble stubborness did not allow such things.

After punching through her orbs of ice, Aris was right on top of her again. She could only barely keep up with his attacks, for now, while she was still at full strength, so she knew she needed a plan fast. Their blades clashed with bright sparkles between them, and Vera suddenly had an idea.

She closed her eyes and said, "Light." In an instant, the colors of their blades flashed in intensity, which she hoped would blind him for a moment, as she lashed out with a rather sloppy strike. She wasn't the best at being fast and aggressive.

GADividerPurple.png

It was simplistic, but it was all Aris had to fight. His speed, his strength, his reaction time. He needed his senses to keep fighting. The bit of precognition he did feel just wasn't enough for him to act without them. So as the light suddenly flashed in his eyes and he felt himself reeling, the pace of the battle had changed. He gritted his teeth as he stepped back, switching completely from offence to defense.

He couldn't see. There was a dark spot in his gaze from the flash. It'd go away of course, but he was in a spar, and that meant he couldn't just stop to recover. He needed to make sure Vera wasn't going to capitalize on it until he could see again, but how? He gritted his teeth hard. Being blinded really put inperspective jsut how weak he could end p being.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

She had him now.

Vera grinned, almost in disbelief, when he went on the defensive, partially blinded by her attack. She immediately rushed forward to throw several more aggressive attacks his way. She wasn't that good at fast-paced offensive tactics, but she was hoping to exploit this temporary advantage.

But she had another idea.

While Aris was hopefully still blinded, Vera threw a hand forward and sent a telekinetic blast at him. One he'd normally answer with speed and strength, but timing would be harder now, right?

Oh how much she'd love to see him flying through the room...

GADividerPurple.png

Danger. It came as a thrum in the back of his mind. He didn't know what it was, but he knew something was about to happen. He tensed, prepared himself. And flew. There was a look of surprise on his face as he felt the sudden weightlessness of being thrown away by Vera's telekinesis. Surprise that was quickly stamped down as he twisted midair. Vision had started to return, enough that he could at least predict where he was going to land. Which was the far wall.

Which he jumped from.

There was no hesitation from him as he suddenly burst forward again, right for where the vague shape of Vera was. He couldn't see her that well, but while she was likely gloating about throwing him back he was going to take pure advantage of it by immediately counter attacking again.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

Vera was definitely grinning a little too much once she watched Aris flying towards the wall. Maybe... she had tossed him a little too hard even - an impact against the wall like that was going to hurt and definitely make him come at her without holding back. Maybe she should have-

What?!

Vera's jaw dropped a little when he twisted in mid-air and used the wall to launch himself back with explosive force. She did move, a little, but his blade struck across her cheek, drawing a loud yelp from ber before she scrambled and stumbled back with a lack of balance.

She was in trouble now, she realized despite the lightsaber she raised into a guard. So, she did the one thing she hoped would disrupt his focus.

Be a brat.

"Did you like going flying, Aris?"

GADividerPurple.png

Aris was good at controlling his emotions.

This was a lie that a lot of people thought was fact. He was learning how to control them so they didn't control him, but that was only because since he awoke, he was learning how to actually feel emotion in the first place. It was easy for him to seem detached because often he didn't know what he was feeling and was spending time trying to sort said feelings out.

At the moment, he was feeling annoyance. And at the moment, he knew very well why. He charged right for her, right into her guard as he clashed with her blade to knock it aside. And then grab her with his free hand to full on throw her across the room with his explosive might.

"Why don't you tell me!"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

He was annoyed.

Vera poked further at him with a little grin, just to see how far she could push him. Aris wasn't one to quickly lose his temper, but being his sister meant she had the unique power of being extremely annoying to him. It paid off, and she could feel that in the strength behind his attacks. He was always aggresive, but he really wanted to wipe the grin from her face.

Especially when she teased him about being sent flying again.

Their blades locked, and while Vera expected a fierce clash they'd have to break, she blinked in surprise. His hand had gripped into her robes, and with explosive force, he lifted her off the ground and threw her across the room. Vera screamed and spun awkwardly until her body slammed into the wall. She hit the ground with a dull thud, and groaned.

"Oh you've done it now..." She stood up and turned angry eyes at her brother. Her hand clenched into a fist, and the Force trembled. His weight began to multiple, and in this moment of angy Vera, Aris could feel gravity around him changing. Not quite like his father could, but there was a raw power in Vera that shouldn't be underestimated either.

GADividerPurple.png

He'd charged after her after he threw her. It was a fit of annoyance that had him throw her clear across the room, but that meant space for her. And he wasn't the type that was good at a range. She was. There was a regret there, that he'd thrown her so far. Especially once she stood and he felt the sudden weight on his shoulders. His charge came to a halt as he ended up slamming down his next step to keep from flattening out entirely.

It was heavy. And growing heavier. He gritted his teeth, but forced himself to take another step forward. And another. His footsteps were heavy in the training room, but the weight wasn't enough to stop him. He was just too strong.

"Can you.. Hold it long enough..?"

He forced a grin as he took another step. The room was only so big. He could close the distance. If she stopped trying to slow him, she'd find him launching right for her again. Could she immobilize him? Could she hold out? It was a test of endurance, and if she could keep him from closing in any closer as he was.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

She had him now.

With gritted teeth and immense strain on her body and connection to the Force, Vera manipulated gravity around her brother in an attempt to pin him down. It nearly flattened him for a moment, even, but to her surprise, Aris kept walking. One step at a time, he drew closer and closer with a dangerous sparkle in his eyes.

Maybe she shouldn't have annoyed him this much. He was out for blood.

"I c-can..." She muttered but Vera couldn't keep it up. All at once, gravity returned back to normal, and Vera toppled over onto her stomach. She was breathing heavily and could barely stand, but even now, she was stubborn and tried to push herseld up to hands and knees.

"I...will...get you."

GADividerPurple.png

She couldn't keep it up. The moment the weight was gone Aris half stepped awkwardly forward before springing across to close the distance. But rather than strike, he paused before herm then smiled. He reached a hand down to her, letting his smile widen to a grin. "I think this one's my win, sis." Even as annoyed as he was, he wasn't going to keep hitting her while she was down.

And maybe was enjoying a bit of gloating. Just a little.

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

Vera looked up at the extended hand. Her cheeks puffed in response, before she grumbled and rose to her feet without taking it. She saw that little grin on his face and she wasn't going to satisfy it even more. She wanted revenge.

Next time, he was going down.

"I would have beaten you if I hadn't tried Dad's ability," she said squinting at him. After a moment, though, she offered just a little smile.

"You also did good. Mommy will be very proud of you," she teased with an annoying smirk.

GADividerPurple.png

"I'm not sure about that, but if you could put more weight I doubt I'd be able to keep moving." The immobilization was the biggest threat, too. If they weren't fighting one on one, she'd be able to take down a lot of people just by that alone. Though, he tilted his head curiously. "I'm sure she would be? I have been using the skills she showed me to the best of my abilities."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

"Have you seen Dad use it before?"
Vera asked. "He can flatten anything or, well, anybody. Mom has ways around it but most people..." Both Mom and Dad were something special, though. Legendary Jedi at this point, and Vera felt quite proud of that, even if her parents were too humble to ever make such claims about themselves.

To her, they would always be the best.

Vera then squinted at him. Did he really not get her teasing? Or was he just playing stupid to avoid more pokes from her? There was only one way to find out for sure - more teasing.

"So.... Anneliese..." She grinned a little.

GADividerPurple.png

"It can be scary, sometimes."

All Aris had was control over his body. If Vera could reach their father's level of that control, could he resist it? He didn't have the ability to use mom's way around it. He frowned, looking down to his hand for a moment. He would have to be even stronger. He didn't want to end up being the one to hold them all back when they got older. Though that line of thinking faded as he blinked and looked up to Vera again.

"Yes? What about Anneliese?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Niv Hani
div-purple.png

He was stuck in his own head again.

Vera knew him and understood that he was thinking things through. About himself, mostly, and how he could prepare his own skills to never feel useless in a fight. Whether it was learning skills from Mom or training his ass off to get stronger, Vera knew he was going to get through it all.

For now, she snapped his focus back to her with a loaded question.

"Don't play stupid," Vera said with a roll of her eyes before she plopped down onto her butt and looked at him. A look that told him to sit down as well, so they could talk. "What do you think of her? She clearly likes you." Vera grinned.

"A lot."

GADividerPurple.png

"I am not playing nor am I stupid."

Once more, facts were laid out. Though he did tilt his head in thought. "She's weird in a fun way. I've never seen someone who chooses to howl when she's happy. .. What do you mean? I know se likes me. Friends tend to like each other. What are you trying to insinuate?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom