Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Start {Ven Loses her Memories}

Dranok's form in the doorway didn't shift at all, not even for the woman who was already standing near it when he made his arrival. The fiery-haired woman asked who he was, "You may call me Lussk." He dryly replied, keeping his gaze locked upon the seemingly-recuperating young woman sitting on the bed. His sun-hued eyes shifted their lock from her to travel across the room and identify the other inhabitants. There was his late colleague, Circe Savan, another flame-headed woman with a knack for business. Then there was Isis Fontana, one of his Prophet Knights and a Princess of the Vortek. Whelp, that was two out of four that he knew and he'd be fairly lucky if he took chances.

And so, with a heavy sigh, brushed off from the frame to stride forward and plant himself before the girl who was referred to as "Ven'Rain". He bent down low enough to put his face on level with hers, "What do you think of all of this? What can you remember?" He wasn't trying to be blunt, but getting to the point was what the military had ingrained in his personality. His ears perked up at the sound of Circe's voice calling for a scanner, of which he ensnared the nurse's mind and forced her to ignore the woman. "No, Circe. We won't be using those, only if the nice young woman here can't remember anything."

@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Isis Fontana"] @[member="Ventasia Terana"]

"Actually, I think we will. Circe?"

The illusion-coated energy construct of the Sith woman, wearing a nurse's outfit, walked by. "Yes, Doctor Savan?"

"Be a dear and fetch me the neuro-stimulator and helmet scanner, will you, Circe?"

"Of course, Doctor Savan."

The illusion smiled, turning away to go retrieve what she was looking for as real Circe turned back to @[member="Dranok Lussk"], whispering to him. "I believe her memory lobes have been damaged to where she can't use them. She may still maintain her memories, though. The helmet scanner will determine whether that's the case."

@[member="Ventasia Terana"] @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

Raw instincts kicked in, and the merc's face twisted into a snarl. Most of her upper back and lower arms tensed as they prepared to push their owner up. Something in this... Lussk's tone had hit a nerve. Perhaps a small memory of an enemy with similar vocal patterns remained locked in her mind. Whatever it was, it set Ven off. Momentarily, that is.
Twisted beliefs of who she was and who she had been, combined with the lack of differentiation between dreams and reality caused her to stop. Fingers uncurled, and her right hand dropped. It seems she had been about to punch the strange man. A snarl warped into a frown. Confusion spread across Ven's face again, her yellow eyes still focused on Lussk.
"You. You remind me of someone. Someone that wronged me in the past... I wonder if they're the reason I'm here now... Great, I can't even remember why I'm in a bloody hospital. Now, I'll repeat myself one more time. All I remember is my first name- Ven'Rain, a password for something, and-... God damn it, lost it... there was something there..." Ven sighed, trying to chase thoughts. There had to be something else she remembered. Something important enough that her mind held on to it.
It was then a short memory played.
------------------------------------------------
Leather felt tight on her arms. Somehow it belonged there, wrapped around her so carelessly. A slight wind brushed past the woman, stroking the sides of her mohawk. She was on a red, dry planet, its name forgotten. The heat wasn't to bad. It still bothered her, especially as she moved to adjust her tank top. Fingers brushed against the top of... a blaster? This to felt natural, despite the viewer's objections.
Who was I?
Memories folded, and a few minutes rushed by (though all in her head, only seconds actually passed). Combat boots kicked up dirt as they moved. Red hair entered her frame of vision, and she quietly repositioned it back on top of her head. There was much... pride in the haircut, or at least in seemed. Or perhaps the occasion was simply an important one... Ah, yes, that was it. A building was up ahead, and with it came a realization.
This was the day Ven met Circe.
--------------------------------------------------
"C-Circe... Savan, I think. I knew her... Or at least went to meet her. I remember, dry, dusty planet... My hair... it was different, shorter. Red. I-I... My head won't let me remember anything else. Just a few minutes of that day... What happened after?..." Ven's voice was barely audible, her lips moving as little as necessary. Both hands went to her the sides of her head as the pain returned. Thinking made it worse. There was so little to remember. So little there.
The merc wasn't even sure who she was.
Worse, she didn't think she wanted to know.
@[member="Circe Savan"], @[member="Ventasia Terana"], @[member="Isis Fontana"], @[member="Dranok Lussk"]​

Rebellious Vanguard
A simple escaped her lips as she watched the others bombard the girl with questions. It was certainly some way to wake someone from such a deep sleep. Actually, Ventasia was a bit surprised that Ven hadn't already gotten enough of the psuedo-interrogation. After all, what was the point? Asking questions can only jog someone's memory so much. And it can't do anything but cause trouble for someone whose mind locked those memories away for a reason. At this point, she was content to simply stand in the doorway and watch the scene unfold. But something caught her attention, her ire, as the conversation moved forward. A name was mentioned. The same name that seemed come come up no matter what situation she found herself in.

Wait a second. Did she just say....no. It has to be a mistake. There's no way it could be that simple. But I rule it out. Actually, it may even be a distinct possibility. A remember Ven'Rain mentioning that name before. There something between them. No idea how deep it went, but their meeting before was something significant. With her loss of memory, she wouldn't mention that name unless there was something to associate it with. In this case, that would be a face. There are only two females other than myself, so that narrows the percentage to fifty. No...it's better than fifty. The conversation has really only included one person. That means that I've finally found you....Circe.

Her thoughts continued to add up as her eyes suddenly locked onto the green doctor, the same woman she now knew was the same that she'd been searching for. "Maybe we should just give her a rest. Hitting her questions one after another, nonstop will only wear her out. She just give woke up, so give her mind a chance to get moving. What do you say, Ven?"

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"] @[member="Isis Fontana"]

"So the fact that @[member="Dranok Lussk"] called me and I called my doppelganger "Circe" didn't make clear my identity to begin with? Okay then... Not sure why you'd bother hunting me. Unless you're either an Omegan or related to Alli Wren, you probably have never heard of me. And if you're going to try and assault me, please don't do so in front of my patient."

The doppelganger arrived back with the neuro-stimulator and the helmet, the latter of which Circe turned on and carefully placed on Ven'Rain's head. "Alright, just relax, Ven... The two of us worked together for a while. I hired you on as a mercenary after that day, remember?" As the device scanned the physical structure of Ven's brain, a holographic image of said grey matter appearing on a nearby scanner. Circe manipulated the hologram, "turning" and "moving" it as she further examined whatever damage may have been caused.

"Mmm... I think see what happened, Ven. The tissue connecting your hippocampus to your temporal lobes - where your memories are - appears to have been partially damaged. This would be causing your mind to "short out" most of the time when you try to remember long-term memories. I don't know if it'll heal properly, or even heal at all, assuming this is the problem, but it shouldn't affect more recent memories. Now, I want you to try and move your arms and legs."

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"] @[member="Isis Fontana"]

Brain damage. Great. Just fething great. Turns out Ven's hypothesis was partially correct. Which didn't help at all. Instead it let a wave of despair wash over the woman as she realized she may never get her memories back. Both her of arms lay at her side, her expression that of a defeated warrior, one who had lost all honor.
This couldn't be right. She wasn't a mercenary, she wasn't a fighter, she didn't hit people. There had been no accident. All of this had to be a lie. Some sort of experiment or prank or sick twisted joke. None of it seemed real to Ven. She couldn't deny the evidence of her injuries, but everything else... It was so hard to except what little they told her.
What little piece of her shattered being remained refused to believe it. All she was, and had ever been, was a simple civilian. Probably caught in an accident of some sorts, hit on the head when she drank a little to much wine, or maybe got mugged for her hard earned money. Mercenary work wasn't her thing. Not all the killing and bloodshed. It... it couldn't be.
That memory was probably something from a holodrama or book. Maybe even a game of sorts.
"I'm not that. I'm not a killer. You have to be lying, trying to trick me. I saw to much, didn't I? Now they're just trying to get me to shut up, but you want answers, don't you? No, no... I can't have done that. I'm not a mercenary, you're lying. You have to be lying!"
The look on Ven's face told all. She was scared out of her wits, desperately attempting to believe she had always been a normal child. Just another kid growing up to live a regular life. A cog in the machine. Perhaps a historian of sorts. Ven had a feeling she enjoyed reading. Maybe she had helped teach others what she learned.
Whatever she was, it couldn't be a merc. Mercs were violent, ruthless killers, right? Not like Ven'Rain. Not like the little girl staring up at those that surrounded her. Innocent, sweet, caring. That's what she would. Mentally she vowed to never let herself become what they said. What they were.
What she didn't know was that she had made herself the exact same promise twenty years ago. Back when all she was was a kid with bad lungs, a bad heart, and eyes filled with hope.
@[member="Circe Savan"], @[member="Dranok Lussk"], @[member="Isis Fontana"], @[member="Ventasia Terana"]​

A sly smile spread across the man's face as he caught the liquid movement of Ven's hand curling up into a fist and the frown etched across her face. "Don't like me?" He asked, genuinely concerned about her stance towards him. Dranok didn't mean to cause discomfort in her, he merely wanted to know what the big fuss was about and attempt to give himself a plausible reason as to why he was here on Fondor. It wasn't such an easy task considering he was a Fringer and this planet was under the banner of the Protectorate. Getting in trouble here would cause a massive crack across the delicate playing field of the Fringe and the Protectorate.

Sensing her unease at the monitors and scanners that Circe brought in, the Lord Admiral shifted to yank a chair to him, turn it around, and plop into it with his arms resting on the back. The moment he did, Ven'Rain started to shout, her voice echoing words of a forgotten past that was strewn across her distorted face. Dranok frowned, "What if you are indeed a mercenary?" He sighed and tried to soften his appearance, not wanting to agitate the young woman again.

@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Isis Fontana"] @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Ventasia Terana"]

Rebellious Vanguard
There was one thing that never changed about Ventasia. She rarely if ever changed the expression on her face unless something drastic happened. That continued even now as she stood watching the others crowd about her awoken friend. Another sigh was all she could muster. While it was good to see so many worried for her health, she couldn't understand the need to try to force her mind to remember what it may have purposely locked away. Not everyone has a bright past. Some would prefer to forget. That was something the fiery haired vixen could understand very well. If this was Ven's chance to leave her previous darkness behind her, then Ventasia would be all too happy to accept that. Even if that meant their friendship had to start a new.

"She is a merc. Well, was one at least. That doesn't mean she has to go back to that life. She could start over. A brand new life. A brand new beginning. Isn't that what so many wish for? A chance to leave certain things behind? A chance....to smile. What do you say, Ven? Would that be something you might be interested in?"

@[member="Dranok Lussk"] @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Isis Fontana"]

"Correct, Ven, you aren't a killer. You're just a woman who's been scarred by her past that I attempted to help fix. That's why your skin is in excellent shape, no scars except from the accident, and why your prosthetic is so highly advanced and integrated with your body. I built it for you myself. The OP probably x-rayed and MRIed it to see if it was what it was. Is it working to full functionality?"

She raised an eyebrow, curious as to what Ven's current state was.

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Ventasia Terana"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"] @[member="Isis Fontana"]

Mercenary? But not a killer... Some of the others seemed to be sending mixed signals. And it seemed the one called Circe was almost more interested in Ven's physical state then her current mental one. Not exactly what the so-called merc needed at the moment. But she complied, moving both arms around (as she couldn't remember getting a prosthetic, and therefore couldn't remember which arm it was). They seemed to be working fine, though the muscles were a little weak after not being used for so long.
Afterwards she looked back up at those gathered. Mentally she went over what each person had said, trying to connect the dots and make sense of it all. So far the human with red hair seemed to care the most. Or at least acted like it. Ven had already started to feel a connection with her, and appreciated the girl's attempts at making the others loosen up. Being constantly questioned and reminded of a past she didn't know was troublesome for the... merc/historian.
"Prosthetic? Oh dear... I must have gotten into some trouble to need one of those. More trouble then a historian would likely get into... Maybe I really was a merc. But it still feels so weird. I can't imagine myself doing that. Then again, at this point I can't really imagine much at all. If I was a merc, I'll just have to learn to accept that. Accept the fact that I may have killed innocent or semi-innocent people. Part of life I guess."
Ven's voice was soft. Her yellow eyes looked a little watery, and for a moment she thought she might cry. All of this was understandably overwhelming. But she swallowed her emotions and tried to relax. Muscles loosened up and sank back. The merc took a deep breath, finally regaining her composure.
@[member="Circe Savan"], @[member="Ventasia Terana"], @[member="Dranok Lussk"]​

Rebellious Vanguard
Her hands rubbed at her temples as she lightly beat the back of her head against the door frame. By this point, Ventasia was ready to kick her freshly awoken friend in the rear. Literally. It was like Ven was thinking about forcing herself to go back to her old life. But why? What had the previous life done for her? What good had it brought her? Riches? Infamy? Happiness? The only answer she could think of was simple; none of the above. She could easily remember the last time she saw the girl smile. It was at a Protectorate event the two had attended together. That day, Ven smiled freely. It wasn't brought on by something she'd done on the job, or something that she acquired as pay. It was simply because she was happy. Plain and simple.

"You don't seem to get it, sweetie. Your life is your own choice. You don't have to go back to killing for credits. If you can't see yourself doing such a thing, then don't. Your more than free too choose any path you want. So your hands are a little bloody from some dirty deeds in the past. Bug deal. So are mine. And pretty sure that thing is no different." Ventasia moved her hands from her head, pointing at Circe. "The thing is, you don't have to bathe them in blood. Maybe you can never wash them clean, but you can at least start scrubbing them off."

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"]

Circe crossed her arms at @[member="Ventasia Terana"]. "Yeah... No, the Ewok Genocide was propaganda fabricated by the Lady Protector, as the holocron I have clearly proves."

"But regardless of that, she's right. I treated you as more family than a mercenary. You did maybe a single job for me, but I saw that you were a young woman who had been... tampered with by life. I tried to fix you by offering you a home, some money, an entire restoration of your body after you were at death's door... But you disappeared on me one day. I don't know why..."

She gently took the former mercenary's hand. "You haven't lost the memories you've had about all of us, no. What you've lost is the ability to access them. Now, whether your brain will repair itself and allow you to remember more, or whether it'll be that way forever, I don't know. What I do know is that, as Ven said, this is your opportunity to begin again."

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"]

It took a second, but the former mercenary squeezed Circe's hand back, finally at ease with the other person's presence. The single memory of their first meeting was stuck in Ven's mind. So little, so short of a memory, but something that sparked so much more. A friendship... and perhaps the start of a deeper relationship? The knowledge wasn't there. But a small gut feeling was. However the woman brushed it off and returned to gathering her response.
"Then I will start again. Maybe at some point I will fight again. But if I do, it'll be because I'm defending something I care about. Whether that ends up being someone in this room, or a planet that became more then just a home... That sounds about right. Everyone has their share of regrets, everyone has bled at least once. And it's naive to assume that I never will again... Whether or not my memories come back, I'll be making a change." Once again Ven's features curved, but this time into a smile.
The mad merc had returned.
@[member="Circe Savan"], @[member="Dranok Lussk"], @[member="Ventasia Terana"]​

"I can agree with that." Circe smiled, noticing that the mad merc's jovial personality had returned. While her memory still seemed corrupted, her mental state was still fully competent, her... Her essence, for better lack of term, was still intact.

"So, assuming you feel up to it, I have a job offer for you, Miss @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]."

@[member="Ventasia Terana"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"]

It was good- no great- to be back. Being asleep for several weeks hadn't been fun for anyone. While most of Ven had been shut down, part of her mind had been filled with meaningless dreams. Unfortunately some of those dreams had turned into nightmares. But now the woman was back. Full-time. And she had no plans on napping anytime soon.
"So Sekairo is my last name? Good to know... What's this job offer? I could use something to warm up my muscles, that's for sure." A smirk played onto her features. It fit. Then something flickered into her yellow eyes, a hint of curiosity and mischief. There was no doubt the others would be glad to see that look again.
Hm... I wonder what this job offer is. If it involves fighting... I don't know if I'll accept it. And I still don't know where and why I disappeared from Circe. Some research on what I've been doing recently would be good. Let's hope I kept some sort of journal or record... Ven thought, trying to remember as much as she could about Circe.
@[member="Circe Savan"], @[member="Dranok Lussk"], @[member="Ventasia Terana"]​

"There's a planet in the Unknown Regions I'm helping colonize. We could use your help in fighting back the indigenous flora and fauna... They seem to be heavily overgrown. I could use someone quick to learn. You'll have a flamethrower."

The word "flamethrower" would hopefully spark more of the merc persona in @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]'s mind.

@[member="Ventasia Terana"] @[member="Dranok Lussk"]

Rebellious Vanguard
Throwing her right back into work? It was obvious this Circe had certain plans for re-awoken mercenary. In herself, Ventasia wasn't exactly fond of the idea. She wanted Ven to have a chance to get her head about her, to relax for a moment before jumping into things. At the same time, maybe it was good for her. To be up and about on feet may jump start the girl's memories. In all, it wasn't hard to see both sides of the equation. which side would be chosen was a mystery in itself.

"Maybe a little something more simple. Or perhaps nothing at all, for now at least. But that's simply my opinion..."

@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

@[member="Ventasia Terana"] @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

"Well, it's her decision. No reason to drastically stress her... Though I'd still like to invite her to Serpena, at least to partake in the relaxation facilities there."

After all, the spa on Serpena was one of the best in the galaxy, even if a select few knew about it.

"Flamethrowers are cool..." Ven replied, grinning like an idiot. The idea of getting out of the hospital was great, and her muscles could definitely use a workout. As long as she wasn't hurting any living people, she was fine with working with Circe for awhile. There was still the matter of finding out why she stopped talking to her former employer... and figuring out what she had been doing for the last few years. But part of her had a good feeling that she kept records of her travels. Perhaps the password she remembered was even for a holo-journal or datapad.
It was a long shot, but the idea made her smile more.
"I appreciate your concern, second Ven. It's nice to feel cared about. May I ask how we knew each other?" The former merc asked, turning to Ventasia. She was still smiling, though now her eyes were filled with curiosity. Something about the redhead human seemed familiar, like the mental touch of Circe had been.
And Ven had to admit, part of her hoped they had been more then friends.
C'mon, second Ven was pretty... well, pretty.
@[member="Dranok Lussk"], @[member="Circe Savan"], @[member="Ventasia Terana"]​

Rebellious Vanguard
Flamethrowers are cool? Ventasia simply shook her head, yet couldn't help but laugh from her position on at the door. One thing was clear above all else. Even through the long slumber, her friend's personality had remained. And that was something she was happy for. Not so much on the idea of Ven working for Circe once more.

Her attention was drawn to within the room once more as she was questioned. If one thing was obvious, it was that Ven had some kind of strange pull toward Ventaisa. Not that it was unexpected the. The two had gotten along quite well prior to the merc's long slumber. The usually straight forward vixen, for once, didn't give such a forward answer. "First off, second Ven is such a mouthful. How about you just try calling me Tasia. It's much simpler, and sounds a lot less odd. As for how we met....lets call it a chance meeting. One that would lead to other meetings. You and I were....are similar. That's the simplest I can put it."

Her eyes lingered on the girl, retaining eye contact as she seemed to peer through Ven's eyes and straight into her mind. Of course, this wasn't the case. Ventasia simply found it a bit difficult to pull her gaze away. Not mention, she found it easier to not go into great detail about anything if she could keep someone's attention in such a way.

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Circe Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom