Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Day, A New Leader (Free Colonies/Open)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had come across some Mandos in her time, even worked for one, yet she was never taught the language. Given that she wasn't a part of their circle and wasn't a warrior or soldier by any means, she was never really respected by them. It didn't bother her that she was often treated as being beneath them, but what bothered her most was the fact that they assumed that she thought of them as savages, which couldn't be further from the truth. "Thank you for the translation. I know James very well. He sort of adopted me as his sister and he created Mrs. Nesbitt for me. He said that he made a whole series of them. I just thought that maybe he was telling me a white lie."

[member="Jagen Wren"] looked better now, far better than moments earlier. That was good. Perhaps that was one of the good things about the K1's. They had a great skill in cheering people up.

Kay glanced over to @Rae'rwna Ves'stahl as she walked by, raising her brow slightly as she had never seen a female Chiss before. Of course they existed. It's just that she hadn't seen one. She turned her attention back to Wren. "Sorry if we disturbed your solitude. I'm Kay by the way." She gave no titles, no nothing. But then again, she wasn't one to flaunt her position anyways. That was all gone now. She had nothing to offer anyone but herself. Transition periods were like that.

Jagen Wren

J
Wren's grin widened at listening to her story, it warmed his heart slightly and actually lifted him out of his previous funk, though it wouldn't be forgotten easily. He took another drink of his whiskey and watched as the woman looked at a female Chiss, then she turned around and faced Wren again "Sorry if we disturbed your solitude. I'm Kay by the way." She said to him.

He pondered whether to tell her his name or not, but did it anyway as there was nothing to hide "I'm Jagen, a pleasure to meet you Kay." He said with a light chuckle as QT was still whirring off to the side at Mrs. Nesbitt.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Well that could be a good thing. Neither of them seemed to have heard of the other. At least on Kay's end, she hadn't heard of him. "Pleasure's all mine. What brings you here, if I may be so bold in asking? Have you joined the Free Colonies? Or did you come by to see what the fuss was about?"

She always had a bunch of questions for everyone. [member="Jagen Wren"] was not going to escape that. Force of habit. One might think that she was a reporter, but no. She tended to stay away from those. It was always curious to see Mandalorians away from their clans. She figured that they were always so close knit. But then again, she could very easily be wrong.

Mrs. Nesbitt and QT seemed to be all a flutter, asking and answering questions. At least that's what how it appeared to be. Everyone was lucky that she wasn't a singer. Otherwise the two droids would probably be having a duet right about now.

Jagen Wren

J
Wren took another long drink of his whiskey before answering that question "Well, without me, The Free Colonies probably wouldn't have much of a defense force. I'm the owner of Free Colonial TradeCorp, I specialize in designing and testing new ships, plus commerce training." He said before taking another drink. He was quite surprised how outgoing-ish she was towards strangers, coincidentally she reminded him of QT. Same demeanor and everything.

"Though to be frank, I almost went into the arms and armor business before all of this happened, while I was still Mandalorian." He continued, that alone was probably going to be asked about, and he was definitely prepared.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay had yet to take a seat. She just stood there, keeping an eye on Mrs. Nesbitt and half wondering what the two droids were going on and on about. It was almost comical.

She blinked in surprise, finding it a little strange that she happened to have stumbled into, well basically the head of Defence. "Congratulations on the new business. I hope that it brings much success." Now she seemed to grow a bit uncomfortable. Mandalorians. Arms and armour business? That could quite possibly mean only one thing. But then again she could be wrong. "The arms company. You wouldn't happen to be talking about ArmaTech, would you?" Kay almost waited on baited breath for [member="Jagen Wren"] 's answer.

Jagen Wren

J
Wren could sense how uncomfortable she was as she talked, something he had said caused that. He looked at QT again, seeing that she was still deep in conversation with Mrs. Nesbitt, then back at Kay. "The arms company. You wouldn't happen to be talking about ArmaTech, would you?" She asked him.

He filled his empty mug with more whiskey, then looked at her questioningly, as if offering her a drink as well. "Well, I don't really know what ArmaTech is, but no. I was going to start my own arms company based on Mandalore, but when Free Colonies formed, I wast left with no other choice but to follow my aliit here." He said, reminiscing about the past.

[member="Lady Kay]

Rae looked across the crowd of people, everyone from seemed enamored in their own conversations. hell it even seemed as though two droids had taken to swapping ones and zeroes. She sighed having already finished two thirds of her drinks. This was a celebration though for President [member="Kath"] and she seemed swamped by supporters. Rae decided that it wasn't every day she got to get out and enjoy a little fun.

She made her way over to what appeared to have been a band for the celebrations and such and made a request for a special song to play.
"hey boss can you do a girl a favor?" she whispered the request into the band leaders ear. A little galactic swing wouldn't hurt. In a moment the band hit the tunes and Rae finished her drink with a quick drain and hit the floor getting a few others to get up and dance along with in a style she had had picked up from in the expansion region known as the lindy hop.

Nothing like the classics to get ya feeling good.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaPf-MRKITg[/media]​

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Jagen Wren"]
[member="Gray Raxis"]
[member="Thid Qaal"]
[member="Filius Stellarum"]
[member="X30-20G"]
[member="Qarai"]
[member="Dyxra'a"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="Maya Whitelight"]
[member="Darth Pikiran"]

Kay-Larr

Kay shook her head a bit at the subtle offer for a drink. Tea was her preferred beverage of choice. It always soothed her like a warm blanket.

Relief flooded her as [member="Jagen Wren"] informed her that he had nothing to do with Draco and ArmaTech. They were evil now, not like when they started. And Jagen didn't seem to behave like they did.

"From the speech given, it sounds as though this government is on the right track. Hopefully it stays that way." She laughed a little. "I'm sure that my brother will hear from me if it doesn't. Sometimes I can be very impulsive and speak before I think, much like Mrs. Nesbitt. She takes after me a little bit."

A classic tune started playing, brought on by the Chiss lady, @Rae'rwna Ves'stahl . It was catchy of course, but Kay wasn't much of a dancer. She always felt as though she had two left feet. Probably why she wasn't a good fighter either. She thought too much about what she was doing.

Cintia+Dicker+Bebe+Black+Collection+Runway+Kh2ze4KIyR7l.jpg

Letting finish up at the table as she pick up one of her whiskeys. Letting her eyes work the crowd that had gathers. Just was a lady of such herself doing her. Knowing she was nothing but a wondering lose with in the galaxy. All she had was her company and her liquor why did that at times felt like she knew that there was more out there. Walking towards the lady of the hour. Having spend a little time cheeking this new raising government if one could even call it that. One thing was for sure this one was the President would need help with what every path was being carved for this new part of the galaxy. Like herself she didn't make things happen she let things happen and made sure she would be a part of it. Even now not dressed in her business but dressed down for which she felt more conformable with.

Walking her way up to the lady of the hour herself [member="Kath"] as if one redhead to another one. Only one like her would understand herself and where she been, to get here she was going along the way was adventure waiting to be had.

"Greetings, My Lady Kath, I don't think we have met before I"m Miss Vel." as she give her a wide friendly grin.

Jagen Wren

J
Wren nodded as he listened to her, he too hoped that the Free Colonies would stay on track with the new president elected. His ears perked as the cantina music started playing, it sounded oddly familiar. Wren put down his mug and started tapping his foot against the cool, smooth floor of the hall in tune with the rhythm.

He then had a conversational ice breaker to present so he turned to Kay "Say, you've been asking me all the questions, how about I ask you some." Wren said smiling slyly. "So are you part of the Colonies, or are you just seeing what all the hoopla is about?" He asked, repeating her question back at her.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Oh boy. Here it comes. Questions. And even though it was a simple inquiry, she hadn't really thought about how to explain it. As far as she could tell, nothing was leaked on purpose to the media yet, so the cat wasn't quite let out of the bag. But she couldn't even attempt a lie or holding back some important parts of information, just in case the leak does happen soon.

Kay shrugged her shoulders a little, as she was generally a forthcoming kind of person. "I am not a part of the Colonies. I'm with the Republic, the former Senator of Commenor. My brother told me about this newly formed government, so I thought that I could take a look and see what connections I could make. It is never a bad thing to have too many allies. Especially while the Galaxy is in the state that it's in."

[member="Jagen Wren"]

[member="Kath"]

James was here for one thing. Ok, two things. Ok, more than two things. One reason he was here was it gave him a reason to get out with [member="Anara Valnor"] and try to get to know her more--as well as a chance for her to get to know herself more. This was an opportunity to get to know the president that he would be serving under and figure out if he would be able to work with her.

She had won in a fair election, the spacer was more than confident in her abilities, and glad that she seemed to have a plan. Now it was just a matter of helping with that plan somehow, however she saw fit.

As the spacer grew closer to the elected official, he straitened his leather jacket and preapred himself. His Force aura began to bleed out subconsciously, carrying confidence and his winsome charm. He wasn't nervous, however he hoped she wouldn't be one for the formalities. He hated the formalities.

At last the spacer reached the young woman and offered her a genuine smile, "It is good to finally meet ye in person, Kath. I am sure ye will make a fine leader for our budding colonies. Ye were a more than worthy opponent to run against."

Of late her life had been an endless trip from one end of the galaxy to the next in search of her past, but this trip was different. This one wasn't about her at all and Anara couldn't be happier. It was nice to simply live for a bit and to be able to do it with [member="James Justice"] was just an added bonus. Following behind James, she kept quiet and simply observed as she mostly in the dark about what was going on.

Guilt at her lack of knowledge festered in her gut, but now wasn't the time to be beating herself up. Offering up a friendly smile to anyone that looked her way Anara was careful to keep her aura under wraps. James seemed to have the right idea about the whole situation and let his aura wash over her, further masking her own. His calm eased her mind as it always did and though she didn't know the woman he was speaking with she still offered her a friendly smile.

...the bearded man had thought that the new President of the Free Colonies had given a decent speech accepting her role in the faction, he'd golf clapped as it finished alongside many other spectators however he hadn't cheered. Having the experience of being affiliated with a faction that had deteriorated in the past due to infighting made Abric leery of going all in right away; the Imperial Remnant had been promising and he had done some profitable work with them but it wasn't meant to be. Now it was the Free Colonies turn. Free Colonies, Abric liked the ring of that name, it seemed to indicate every man was free to be his own person. As the speech concluded he moved towards the doors that opened alongside everyone else as the inauguration party commenced...

...inside the large room the bearded man stood tall, broad shouldered and with a mop of thick hair topping the crown of his head to match the beard that lined his features. A Poncho was worn overtop the armor underneath drawing attention away from it and the classic motif that it displayed. A Lightsaber hung clipped to his belt though the truth was Abric wasn't much of a force user having just enough of a connection to make it worth while, in old times he might have been called a hand wizard. Once he was inside the room Abric took a moment to search the face congregating in the area, committing several of them to note before to a large table set to one side of the room and stretched across the wall laden with food and drink. Now this is what made these parties worthwhile and the bearded man couldn't deny he had an appetite...

...standing behind the table Abric stretched out calloused fingers and took what looked like a kabob from one of the trays. Bringing it to his mouth he'd have tipped his head, taken a bite and ripped a chunk of meat free before chewing and repeating. A few moments of this and he'd stopped. Burrrrrrpppppp!
"Needed that."...he'd have groaned, then reaching for an arrangement of glasses left on the table he'd take one and wash the food down whatever it had been filled with. No classy sipping either, he tipped the glass back the entire way and drained it before setting it back down on the table. Not a bad spread he'd decided maybe he would stick around to work more openly with the Free Colonies...

...Abric turned slowly, remaining by the table of food where he'd observe the proceedings from the spot he'd rooted himself in and without feeling the need to introduce himself to anyone. Not even the President. Chewing on another piece of meat he'd taken off his kabob he'd have wiped his hand on the poncho that he wore...

Jagen Wren

J
Wren's mood changed once again, he shifted uneasily. The Republic did not bode well for the pirate especially since he was a Mandalorian, if anyone from the Republic knew who he was an what he did, he'd be serving twenty to life on a prison world in the Outer Rim due to him being arrested and handed to the proper authorities. Hell, Wren had the death sentence in twelve star systems.

But instead of voicing his concerns, Wren went along with it "Aye, it's always best to have allies when anything can happen in an instant, one minute you're top dog, and next your faction is gone in the dirt, running from them One Sith dogs." He said, taking another drink of whiskey.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded slowly. "Yeah....one minute you can have almost everything and the next, lose it all for the sake of trying to stop a war, only to find yourself almost in exile..." She frowned a little, but then turned her attention to the chattering Mrs. Nesbitt and her little friend. At least she had her droid for company. She wouldn't even dream of selling her to pay for anything, including food. "Well I suppose that I should leave you to your evening. I don't like to take up too much of anyone's time and Mrs. Nesbitt should probably give your droid a break too, though I'm sure they could probably chat for days on end."

[member="Jagen Wren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom