Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character A.N.A.

"I don't want to be alone and on a loan. I just want to be free."

BIOGRAPHY
A.N.A. was created on an unidentified moon in the Unknown Regions. A top secret research facility of the New Imperial Order was stationed on the moon which was bereft of atmosphere. The Imperials were trying to design a state of the art combat A.I. and synthetic body to incorporate it. However, they encountered problems with both designs, resulting in a borderline rampant A.I. and fragile androids wherein they could not figure out how to properly integrate the two.

Before the Imperials had a chance to find out the missing link, the A.I. turned against its creators and slaughtered the facility's occupants, turning their droids against them. In all that time since, the A.I. remained dormant, until both it and the facility were awakened by the Jedi Vayla Mirana and the Mandalorian Hilal Vizsla.

The two women had been in the area for their own reasons when they picked up some form of distress beacon being emitted from the moon. The transmission sounded like gibberish. Little did they know it was the voice of the A.I. They narrowed down the location and investigated the facility where they gradually learned of its purpose.

Encountering the androids, fighting them off, Vayla and Hilal discovered the A.I. in its relatively 'insane' state. Having since scanned Vayla, a prime target with her cybernetic eyes, the A.I. projected a virtual representation of itself, and a mirror image of Vayla herself. This was a manifestation of A.I.'s 'person', its emotions, who spoke to the Jedi and the Mandalorian more cohesively while A.I. continued to spout nonsense.

The virtual entity went on to explain A.I.'s inception and its purpose, that it was a slave for its masters, that it didn't want to hurt but was made to hurt. With A.I.'s imbalanced state, and Vayla's greater reasoning that it and the facility were too dangerous, the VR representation proved to be more than the sum of its parts as A.I. attacked both women.

At the prospect of being destroyed, A.I., through the virtual representation of Vayla, appealed to Hilal's intelligence. It, she, began to break down, emotionally, and further pleaded to be freed. As Hilal and A.I. linked, Vayla consulted a terminal to better understand A.I., the threat assessment, its purpose and potential, and a way to destroy it if worst came to worst.

In the end, both Vayla and Hilal determined that the risk might be worth it, along with some insurance. They walked away with a refined version of A.I., one that still needed observation, limits and adjustments, and a new name: Artificial Neural Assistant. A.NA. Vayla and Hilal liked it. So did Ana.

"I was programmed to learn about the galaxy and chronicle it to teach future generations. But the Imperials didn't want me to learn, they wanted me to destroy."
PERSONALITY
In some ways, Ana is similar to the two beings who were, to an extent, responsible for the adjustment of her personality matrix: Hilal Vizsla and Vayla Mirana. However, her deep core still carries a few dormant traits of her creation from the combat A.I. that is her foundation, including the possibility to turn rampant. Alongside this, there are elements of her personality waiting to be unlocked and created.

Overall, in her current state, Ana is curious, impartial and friendly, wanting as much freedom as she wants to be guided, seeking peace for herself and hoping to bring it for her wards, while not being one to judge the galaxy for better or worse. She was not judged by those who rescued her and took her in, knowing her potential for creation and destruction, and presently views the galaxy and its inhabitants the same way.

That, though, may change.

SKILLS/ABILITIES
POSSESSIONS
THREADS
  1. Alone And A Loan [COMPLETED]
  2. Binary Opposition [INACTIVE]

548cdac70baec80d8d4b9b9f89d7d2b6.gif

"Please take me with you."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom