Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Alone And A Loan

115841-que-es-como-funciona-cortana-windows-10.jpg

Far beyond the heart of civilization, from the Core Worlds and past the Outer Rim, the Unknown Regions were known to be perilous for a reason. More mapped than Wild Space but no more explored, these outer reaches were plagued with dangers ranging from black holes to gravity wells, supernovae and other phenomena.

Force-sensitive navigators were often considered when exploring the Great Unknown and, although a Jedi Knight certainly fit the definition of Force-sensitive, this one was no expert pilot. No, it was instead on the edge of space, in between the Outer Rim and the Unknown Regions, where her freighter was tethered.

On purpose, no less, the ship’s captain having taken a moment to gather her bearings. Amid the stars far apart, the Star’s Sanctum was at rest, as was her captain, deciding on what direction to take next while she waited in her cockpit. Her mission was a personal one, taking it upon herself for exploration toward rumors of ruins.

There were plenty of such structures to explore in the inner sections of the galaxy, closer to home and what was known, but there was also less of a sense of adventure for what this voyager had in mind. Besides, what she had heard about was another matter, and she was determined to find it somehow.

“I know, Panda,” the Jedi smiled in her seat, eyes on the datapad in her lap, hand on a thermos of hot tea. “Fortunately you’re too much of a conversationalist for silence to persist in this ship even at the fringes of the galaxy, my friend."

Her voice went to no living being, but her BB-series astromech droid had long since become more than a mere crew companion. He beep-booped back something in droidspeak. “Quite right. Though if you decide you don’t like the vast expanse then you are welcome to hide in the Sanctum…on the loneliest, darkest, quietest planet I find to park our starship on.” Her lips turned into a grin. ["Beep-Boooooop..."]

“Now…” The Knight swiped a finger across her screen, correlating archaeological data between her navigation console. “...To boldly go where no—”

-KSSSSSSZZZZTT!-

“Gah!”
What sounded like electricity ripping across her computer screens ended up being a scrambled communication reading. It repeated. Signal’s tangled. Source is close. “Hello?” Sanctum’s captain attempted. There was no response.

Moments later, a voice came over her systems, as if someone was speaking through a synthesizer. Masculine, at least. A helmet, maybe?

[“It...isn't...dead...even...if it's...missing...its flesh...there is...an endless...emptiness...where it is...abandoned...and...hopeless...can you kill...a storm...or will it...destroy you..?"]

What, by the light, is all that about? Her hands danced to trace the signal. Gotcha. With a sigh, making up her mind, the Jedi Knight decided the time for exploring those ruins was not right now. “Buckle up, Panda,” she announced. “We’re taking a detour.” At that, Vayla Mirana took her ship forward, toward an entirely different mystery…

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Last edited:
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Mandalorian Armor

Hilal's Starship streaked through space as Hilal was loudly jamming to some music that she placed in the music folder on her ship's computer. Hilal had left Kresti was on her way to the planet: Susevfi to take on some contracts. The Rimward Trade League needed some protection from the Sith who were recently edging closer to their boarders. While the Sith haven't attacked yet, there was a feeling of unease that they'll launch a massive invasion. Given that the Sith invaded Courscant and bombed it to hell during the Great Hyperspace War, no doubt they would do the same to the Trade League. In fact, Hilal participated in a small space skirmish against the Sith a few months ago. It ended with Hilal blowing up one of the Sith's starships single handedly something that she bragged to her friends on a daily basis.

Just then, Hilal heard a loud beeping noise coming from her radar. "What's this?" Hilal muttered while her Droid companion: DVA began to analyze the strange signal. Meanwhile, Hilal's radio uplink began to pick up a faint message, she frowned things were getting even weirder already. "It...isn't...dead...even...if it's...missing...its flesh...there is...an endless...emptiness...where it is...abandoned...and...hopeless...can you kill...a storm...or will it...destroy you..?"

Hilal paused, her heart began to beat a little faster fear flooded inside of her while DVA looked at her with worry. "Now it's getting even stranger," Hilal said looking at the radar. "Judging by what you analyzed, it looks like a mayday signal. Might as well check it out and see who needs help."

DVA began to fire a rapid assortment of beeps in response. "Don't worry," Hilal gave a smile through her helmet though she was just as worried as DVA. "We'll check out the signal and get out, it's probably some old S.O.S signal from a ship that was cratered years ago. Signals get activated all the time especially in a lawless region like the Outer Rim."

That was what Hilal was telling herself, she accelerated her ship towards the coordinates. A few minutes later, she arrived along with another ship. "This is getting even more stranger," Hilal gulped. "DVA see if you can hail the ship it doesn't look like its Sith."

Vayla Mirana Vayla Mirana

As her freighter flew further forward, Vayla began sifting through scenarios in her head, clinging to no single one in particular, eyes ahead. Derelict ship? It was common enough, and all the more lost so far out in the middle of nowhere. Crashed? Cratered? One that was attacked, even. Thoughts kept going. Space station, maybe? To the extent that others before her, this explorer’s predecessors, might have set up an outpost out in this zone. Or I’m imagining things and hearing voices.

It was definitely an eerie noise to say the least. However, Panda would disagree, having heard the same speech over her comm system. There was only one way to find out the source of the distress signal, or whatever it was, and that was to move forth with little and less delay by a brain plagued with possibilities, yet fortunately not dreams.

Adventure was one thing, and there was enough mystery out here to daydream over, but this Jedi learned firsthand the danger in giving into fear, taking care to let the light be her guide lest she slip into nightmares. Whatever awaited her, her sanctum was more than the name of her ship, and at least she was as prepared as any Knight could hope to be.

“We’re on the approach.”
[“Beep-boop.”] Panda echoed.
No planet or moon. An asteroid belt.
Drifting, twisting, and under time’s spell.

There was otherwise nothing remarkable at these coordinates.
Except for one object, of course: another ship in the distance.
The two freighters stared each other down among the rocks.

“Panda, see if you can hail the ship. Doesn’t look like a Sith.”

There was a -beep!- from her droid and a -ping!- from her console by a lightbulb. “Looks like they beat us to the hail.” Well that was a good sign that whoever had arrived alongside Vayla and Panda might not be so ready for them to blow each other out of the sky.

“This is Jedi Knight Vayla Mirana of the Star’s Sanctum,” she comm’d over, continuing before the other ship could reply. “I’m following a potential distress call.” It wasn’t a lie but, of course, she really didn’t know what the source was, or where exactly, but somewhere in this field. “Guessing you’re here for the same reason?” She’d be surprised if that other ship wasn’t.

Mandalorian Armor

Things went from bad to worse.

Hilal paused as the woman introduced herself as a Jedi! A stinking Jedi! Rage started to form inside of her, she knew tensions between the Galactic Alliance and the Mandalorians were rising but a Jedi being so brazen to ambush her here?! "Stay calm Hilal," she thought her armored fist shaking with anger. "The last thing you want is to say something you regret."

She had many tussles with Jedi including a botched Bounty Contract at Cathar which lead to the Catharians hating her guts for harming their "hero." It only intensified Hilal's hate for the Jedi. They can do no wrong in the eyes of the public, they could kill, commit genocide or in the case of the Jedi she was fighting, commit heinous crimes and they'll still be considered good. "I hate them," Hilal growled. "But at the same time, I've helped defend their planet from the Sith....."

DVA gave Hilal worried beeps. "I'm not some old woman DVA," Hilal muttered. "I'm not going to have a stroke, we're just going to have to talk to her." Even though Hilal will hate it.

"Yeah, I am Jedi," Hilal responded with obvious disdain. "For a moment, I thought you set it up so you can attack me and start a war between my people and the Jedi. I'm sure you chits would glad to get rid of us."

Last edited:
It would have been remiss of the Jedi Knight to not have suspicions and reservations despite no torpedoes taking flight just yet. It could have been coincidence for these two ships to have been out in the middle of nowhere to begin with, to then stumble upon the same signal and fly toward these coordinates, but for all Vayla knew the other ship was already here to begin with, and the reason for the very eerie transmission.

For the moment, she was ready and willing to work with any theory and take the risk, then the other freighter's captain responded. Her voice was feminine enough, potentially younger, but theories were once again like words in wind. There was only way to get to the bottom of this conversation without force, whatever that ship's captain's reservations about the Force.

"You are Mandalorian," the Jedi replied. It was as much of a question as a statement, even with intuition. Under the circumstances, unless the other chick was a Sith, Jedi-Mandalorian politics were the most obvious of tensions between factions. 'Chits?' How rude. Yet Vayla sat in calmness.

"They say you can't blame the son for the sins of the father." A common enough adage, she thought. "I say you can't blame the sister for the actions of her other sisters or brothers, one way or the other. Not always and not in my case. I am Jedi, captain, but I am not all the Jedi and I cannot speak to what some Jedi have or haven't done, for better or worse."

Like the Mandalorians, there was certainly more than one Jedi Order as it was. Whatever the case, Vay aimed to be careful with her words, neither denying nor verifying whatever basis for this Mandalorian's resentments. She wasn't escaping any responsibility, but the fact was that the Jedi were individuals as much as Humans and Pantorans.

She had paused in between speech, their channel open as much as conversation, but she wasn't finished. "Rest assured, I, Vayla Mirana, am out here only to explore, not start a war. Whatever enmities between our respective entities, would you be willing to leave them be at least for this little detour? Whatever this signal and transmission that we both heard turns out to be, we may just need to work together. Deal?"

Mandalorian Armor

Hilal rolled her eyes when the female Jedi stated that she was a Mandalorian. "No, I'm actually a Sith Warrior coming to kill you." Hilal replied with a loathing sarcasm in her voice. "Yeah, I'm a Mandalorian put your Lightsaber down."

That was an unnecessary thing to say but Hilal just couldn't help herself. She just despised the Jedi and everything they stood for, the Mandalorians always fought the Jedi believing that they were worthy advisories. However, the Jedi were bloodthirsty monsters during their many conflicts and had no problem committing atrocities against her people. Killing men, women, and the children too at least according to the stories Hilal heard growing up. Jedi animals but still Hilal's frequent outbursts about the Jedi got her in trouble on more than one occasion especially against Master Valery Noble on her visit to Kresti.

"Sure I guess," Hilal said taking a look at the radar. "Strange though, according to my analysis, the distress beacon had just activated." Hilal began typing on the cockpit pulling up the star map on the holoprojector. "The call has is located on the small Moon ahead of us."

It was a curiosity one that's worth exploring even with a stinking Jedi. Might as well shut down the beacon before any other ships notice. "If I had to hazard a guess," Hilal said. "It's probably pirates or slavers but they would've attacked by now."

Hilal took a deep breath, she couldn't believe she was going to work with a Jedi. "Right let's go down there and check it out," Hilal said. "But keep the high and mighty to a minimum okay?"

The Bounty Hunter headed for the Moon seeing Asteroids drifting lazily around her. "My name is Hilal," she said. "Of Clan Vizsla."

Her partner, temporary though she may be, at least had a sense of humor. Truthfully there was nothing on the other freighter to indicate her faction status, whether Sith, Mandalorian or otherwise, but the Jedi’s intuition proved her right. Besides the captain’s own answer, for sure.

So there they were, one Jedi and one Mandalorian, alone in space, having agreed to put any animosity in its place for the sake of braving this asteroid field, and whatever its voice might reveal.

After the Jedi’s spiel, the Mandalorian offered the former her cooperation, simply put, and that was enough. Both women tapped into their readings in unison. The asteroid field might have been interfering with the signal, perhaps misleading their guests, as the moon came into view on Vayla’s sensors. “I concur,” she offered simply.

As far as pirates and slavers went, well, that was still anybody’s best guess. “Didn’t sound like pirates or slavers to me…” Vay murmured, if audible across the comm channel. ‘Endless…emptiness…’ She recalled. Ominous, at best.

“Okay,” the Jedi all but giggled, and in no mocking way. She appreciated being put in her place if ever she ventured into ‘high and mighty’ territory. It was more or less what a number of others thought of Jedi, whether Knights or Masters otherwise, her order or any other. This one may have reason to, whatever story is true.

“Hilal of Clan Vizsla.” Vayla hailed, with as much respect as she could muster over the audio. “Whatever happens after we go down to this place, I will not forget your name.” At that, she began steering her ship into the distance, the moon entering her vision. “May the Force…” She hesitated. “...May Mandalore be with you.”

However her contemporary may take that statement, cheap or cheesy, it was only intended to be dignifying. Clearly, the two were already off to a rocky start as they ventured beyond the rocks, toward that moon, but they moved as one, whatever may become of them.

“Well,” Vayla licked her lips after a sip of tea. “It’s definitely a moon.” Small, grey, barren, as computers would indicate as well as the naked eye. Craters permeated its surface, potentially from meteors nearby, yet one feature was unmistakably different.

“There.” It looked too big to be a ship, too small to be a settlement. “A building?” The Knight went about scanning the structure as her ship entered the atmosphere. “An outpost, I wager.” Whatever it was, it looked as lifeless as the rock around it, as the dark sky, as if the sunlight was hiding from it. ‘Abandoned…hopeless…’

Mandalorian Armor

"Ugh," Hilal growled while she initiating the landing process in trying to not offend Hilal with the "May the Force be with you," spiel the Jedi usually say she replaced MANDALORE with Force. It actually came out more ignorant if anything, but Hilal had to resist the temptation to shower Vayla with a barrage of curse words. "Whatever......"

As soon she landed, Hilal made a quick diagnostic of her suit. Though she hadn't done any Bounty Hunting lately, she was always conscious in making sure that her Armor was ready. One can never be too sure especially if there's a fight around. "I'm scanning now," Hilal said walking down the ramp and using her HUD to analyze the building. "It's an abandoned research facility by New Imperial Order. That dates back to years before they reformed into the Empire."

Great..... so what crazy experiments did the Empire do this time? Hilal was excited at the prospect of experimental tech but she despised how the old Imperials would build their tech under dubious means. "We should be cautious," Hilal muttered. "So try to keep your Lightsaber sheathed Jedi, I know the feeling of righteous fury is hard to resist."

There Hilal goes again with her dislike for Jedi.

Having put her foot in her mouth, ‘Mandalore’ seemed like the logical replacement for ‘the Force’, but truth be told Vayla Mirana knew less than tenfold of Mandalorian culture. She wasn’t against working with them, except that in her experience the ones she had met had valued war over peace, and this was one diplomat and explorer whose last encounter ended up with a dead Mandalorian’s sentiments on Mandalore.

Mandalore… That was a story for another hour, of course. Rest in peace, warrior. The Knight sighed in her mind. Memories could be distracting, but for her they were in turn reminders to focus her attention ever forward, in the present, not at the past at her back.

Both ships landed, twin freighters, though the women inside them were hardly sisters. As soon as she landed, Vayla made a quick diagnostic of her suit. The removable exoskeleton was suitable for the crucible of combat as much as movable in the resistance of elements like weather and conditions of unbreathable atmosphere.

There was no robe worn over the armor so as to cloak it. Hues of blue from light to dark shone as though the woman was naked, but of course she wasn’t as the Jedi Knight descended her own ramp. ‘Abandoned research facility’ were three words that could in turn lead them to discover more than three mysteries and dangers at worst.

Her partner, Hilal of Clan Vizsla, briefed the pair in her pink gold armor as they moved forward. Vayla had her own helmet to match her outfit, fit with a transparisteel visor, and from this distance her contemporary would not witness her grin.

“I promise not to slash at anyone or anything that is not deserving,” she said, her helmeted voice audible in its playful tone before it showed no hesitation. “If they attack you or me, however, then that is another story. That goes for us both. Feel free to shoot at an enemy that won’t go down with diplomacy.”

Hilal could interpret that in jest or the words it meant for her. Either way, it didn’t take a righteous Jedi Knight to protect her friends, even if ‘friend’ in this instance was limited to temporary partner at best, but no less.

“Toward the front door, then.” Vayla gestured. She saw no reason why not to approach, so she did. Of course, the doors were locked. There was a panel beside it. Technomotry was one thing, as was hacking, but first she simply tried knocking, tapping a key.

-BZZzzzzTTTtttt!-

The Jedi tried again.

-BZZzzzzTTTtttt!-

Followed her attempt.

“...They are…like…straw dogs…”

A voice came from the other end, the same as before in the cockpit.

“...That which…is considered to be…small or big…will fit in…the stream…of screams…”

Mandalorian Armor

Hilal saw the blue Jedi come out from her Starship trying to reassure her that she won't use her Lightsaber to anyone who doesn't deserve her wrath. "That remains to be seen," Hilal said through clenched teeth. "You Jedi tend to have chit judgement."

The Jedi are pretty much the Galactic Alliance at this point, for crying out loud, a former Jedi managed to become Chancellor! How is that NOT an example of the Jedi being power hungry. That Jedi will grant other Jedi seats in the senate and treat them more favorably. "How can Vayla say that?!" Hilal thought. "The Jedi have taken over the Galactic Alliance and are looking ruthlessly expand their territory!"

For now, Hilal would had to trust her as they ventured forth into this unknown NIO lab. Vayla inexplicably knocked on the door whichobviously yielded nothing. "Smart Idea Jedi," Hilal rolled her eyes. "I'm sure the researchers from years ago will be eager to answer the door."

Sighing, Hilal walked towards the power grid, her HUD analyzing the system. "Okay this is old Imperial coding," Hilal said. "If there's one thing about the Empire is that they are very predictable." Hilal began to slice into the terminal, her fingers tapping at 140 words per minute. "Done." Hilal said as the doors began to open as Hilal turned on her flashlight that was integrated onto her helmet.

"I'll go first," Hilal whispered holding up her autocannon and cautiously approached the dark and damp room.

“Well at least we know someone is home.”

It wasn’t odd that the door was locked, but it would have been odd if the door had been unlocked, and that difference was worth a statement and observation. It meant that the abandoned station’s security systems were yet active, to whatever extent.

Besides, there was no way this pair of Jedi and Mandalorian were going to sneak their way in. Their starships would have been received from a distance to any kind of eye, before the craft landed, whether this facility’s security system was dormant.

It wasn’t so abandoned, of course. They both heard that voice from their respective vessels, and again from the door’s panel. Well, the Jedi had pressed once to open, second to get any resident’s attention, so there was only one option left.

The Knight had her own devices to bypass this system but the Mandalorian had beaten her to it. She knows what she’s doing. The predictable terminal was just a tool before her fingers. A moment later and the Mandalorian had opened the way in.

No. Vayla corrected herself. We are not tools. She was Hilal Vizla and she was Vayla Mirana. The former was no fool, either, as she whispered to go first, cannon at the ready, entering the empty station.

Yet it may not be so empty. Even if life no longer lingered, droids could still be lingering, and a number of them could of course be weaponized. “Typical concourse,” Vay all but murmured toward the facility’s foyer in another term.

“Corridors to the left, right.” She had her own light from her helmet and the flashlight in her hand. Hopefully her contemporary didn’t expect this Jedi to move by relying on the light of her lightsaber. That was a tad too tacky for her.

“Wait.” A receptionist desk was in front of them. The Knight’s light shone from floor to desk, forward from a trail of red, then to a head of someone who was clearly dead.

“...You…cannot…hide…”
Came a voice. Can’t pinpoint.
“...There is…no light…in the void…”
Vayla looked up, down, left and right.

Mandalorian Armor

Hilal walked towards the table seeing the corpse of a receptionist. The Bounty Hunter grimaced seeing half of her head getting blown off. "Chit," Hilal muttered. "This is definitely caused by an explosive round, looks like this lab was raided but....." Hilal's HUD conducted a quick scan. "But I don't see any signs of a struggle on the walls nor there are any other corpses."

It was as if this receptionist did not see the shot coming. Perhaps it was a security malfunction? "Alright," Hilal said. "Let's get deeper into the lab Jedi, we need to see if there security systems are still up. I have a theory but I want to test it out."

Vayla considered her partner’s words, gaze following her observations, shining light back on that dead receptionist. “This is a lobby.” Obviously, yet lobbies tended to be empty when no one was in them, perhaps having moved past the front entrance. Then again, this was a secure facility. No guards, even? Which meant nothing was certain. “I have a bad feeling...”

Who knew what waited in store for them? The Jedi shone her torch across the floor. No light in the void. That voice had said, the one neither of them could pinpoint, for it came from the speakers overhead, built into the ceiling.

Whether the security systems had malfunctioned, there was also no sign of any droid still operating. “Agreed.” Flashlight down the corridor, the Jedi and the Mandalorian moved forth. “Let’s see if your theory is sound.”

She inflected with no challenge or condescension. It was best to test those systems somehow and all the better if Hilal had an idea. They had to work together.

Darkness and silence greeted them inside the corridor. Walls of metal lined either side, but as the Jedi’s light shined the flank it landed on glass, or transparisteel most likely. “Windows.” Left and right and at the end of the corridor where it was met with a closed door.

Vayla stepped closer to one window. She could make out scientific equipment, research stations, crates, and an object that caught her attention. “That computer has life.” A tiny green lightbulb blinked. Yet there was no entrance into this isolated lab from this side of the hall.

“Care to do the honors?” Vayla prompted. Hilal had already proven her hacking skills. Though maybe the corridor's door would slide open this time with the press of a button. Too easy so far. Thought a shadow in the dark.

Mandalorian Armor

Hilal began to typing on the computer stonefaced. It was possible that the NIO's systems were hacked. From what Hilal understood about the Imperials is that they had top notch cybersecurity. At least according to the Imperial propaganda, but in truth any system can get infiltrated all it takes is one careless employee. "I'm in," Hilal said. "Empire's codes are tough but predictable so let's see."

Hilal accessed the logins quickly looking for any anomalies so far nothing..... "Everything is clean," Hilal said. "But..... wait a minute!"

There was an alert that went off according to the files. It claimed that there was an attack in the A.I room and security systems were turned on. "It looks like the security system was activated due to an attack?" Hilal asked. "But why kill all of the scientists here, It's saying that the system has recognized everyone as hostile."

Hilal frowned before she heard footsteps approaching. A large Super Battle Droid lumbered towards her its wrist blaster pointed towards Valya. "Get down!" Hilal pushed the Jedi out of the way before the blaster bolts slammed against her beskar armor causing Hilal to stagger.

Well, the corridor’s door had opened easily enough and, to the present party’s attention and satisfaction, there were no threats lingering on the other side. Rather, another corridor stretched into the distance, into the darkness, toward untold depths of discovery that presently the party had no interest or business with.

Rather, their quarry was in the isolated lab that they had spotted through the previous corridor’s window. Except this new hallway had the only entrance to it. The Jedi let the Mandalorian bypass said entrance once again. No need to break routine anytime soon, after all.

The pair ventured in. Vayla secured the room as Hilal moved to hack into the computer. What were they researching, I wonder? There was little evidence from the equipment and sealed containers. Whatever the evidence it was inside that computer.

In only moments, the Mando was in. Crack hacker, this kid. Vayla grinned within her helmet. Hilal quickly spilled the beans. A.I… Attack… Security system… Hostile recognition… Words were wind in her helmet.

Just then, the voice came over the ceiling’s speakers.
“It isn’t…the intention…to destroy…neither…murder.”
Vayla heard those footsteps as surely as her partner.
“Creation…destruction…existence…has no purpose.”

“Take cover!” Vayla shouted as loud as Hilal’s “Get down!”
Before that Jedi could move she was shoved out of town.
-PHWOM!-PHWOM!- Blaster bolts struck at Hilal’s armor.
Vay quickly recovered, rolling upward, swinging forward.

Blaster bolts were bounced from lightsaber to the droid’s skull.
A cyan light swiped left to right as the Knight darted for her foe.
Unfazed by whatever came her way, Vay swung her blade anyway.
A barrage of bolts deflected, she shifted, arcing blade head to toe.

The Super Battle Droid fell in a heap of pieces.
“Easy peasy.” Yet Vay already knew her mistake.
No mistake per se so much as what she is missing.
“Reinforcements.” With that, Vayla raised her blade.

Last edited:
Mandalorian Armor

Looks like Vayla wanted the kill just as badly as Hilal, she always knew that that Jedi had a tendency to be bloodthirsty despite claiming to be the contrary. Hilal watched as Vayla blocked the blaster bolts with precision and danced around the slow and lumbering Super Battle Droid ripping him into pieces. "I could've done that," Hilal mumbled as more two more Droids appeared from the hallway: "BX Commando Droids!" Hilal yelled holding up her Blaster cannon and beginning to fire.

The Commando Droids dipped, dodged, and sidestepped the blaster bolts running as fast as an Acklay when chasing a prey. One of the Commando Droids pulled out his Vibroblade shunting Hilal's integrated blaster cannon to the side. The Droid went for an overhead slash aiming for Hilal's helmet, but she immediately quickly blocked it with her Beskar covered wrist kicking the Droid as hard as she could. The Commando Droid went flying slamming against the wall before Hilal finished it off with a torrent of blaster fire from her Cannon.

She whirled around towards the other Droid freezing it with her carbonite spray slowing it down just enough for Vayla to kill it.

The Mandalorian could have done a lot more had she not been busy staggering backwards. Vayla had no need to wait for her partner. In combat, the Knight did not hesitate. Except when it came to preserving her enemy alive if there was no need to destroy them outright.

However, a battle droid was another story, arguments of synthetic rights notwithstanding. Vay enjoyed the blade but with purpose in this case. She had more than herself to protect in that moment, so there went the droid and here come more from the noise in the corridor.

Back in the lab, Vayla held her place and prepared for their advance. Hilal was the first to attack. Vayla had earlier promised not to slash at anything that was not deserving. She hoped her companion considered that promise warranted since apparently diplomacy did not fit this occasion.

Evidently The Mandalorian felt just as free to shoot at the enemy. Good thing since these commando droids weren’t so lumbering. With speed and agility, they advanced into the room, where a Pantoran woman suited in blue was lingering at a flank.

A commando wasted no moment to greet the Mandalorian’s helmet with its blade. Hilal responded with a block from her wrist, kicked and erased her opponent from existence with her cannon.

Concurrently Vay faced her enemy.
Lightsaber blocks the bolts swiftly.
Commando comes close—swings.
Vibroblade aimed so as to cleave.
Blue blade hits back, cuts through.
Takes off the head. Clean and true.

Suddenly the carbonite shot sprayed.
Freezing the headless droid in place.
Vayla looked around that lab room.
Feigning confusion. “Nice move..?”

A bit of banter never hurt anybody.
But it isn’t a competition, truthfully.
“Let’s move.” Back in the corridor.
“Oof...” With more droids galore.

Mandalorian Armor

Did Vayla actually praise Hilal? The Bounty Hunter frowned at her blue "ally" but ultimately gave Vayla a curt nod. "Thanks, I guess," Hilal muttered as she began to navigate through the corridor. More Droids began to appear from the left side of the hall. B1 Battle Droids from the looks of them....... strange when has the Empire ever relied on Droids?

"I see them!" Hilal shouted firing her Blaster Cannon towards the Droids. A single blaster shot sent one Droid crumpling to the floor scattering in multiple pieces. Though Hilal liked making her battle Droids affordable for the common person, she always felt that B1 Battle Droids were made on a shoestring budget. There was no passion in their design, it seemed the only thought was to get them made as cheaply as possible.

"Something is not right......" Hilal said to Vayla while continuing to fire on the other Droid. "There's no way the Imperials would rely on Droids as security. Where are the Stormtroopers or even the Imperial Soldiers?"

Hilal had a few guesses...... and none of it were good. "Why did the NIO even make this facility in the middle of nowhere?!" Hilal wondered allowed as more Droids appeared.

B1 Battle Droids. For the likes of these guys, their value was in quantity, not quality. Against a Jedi? Worthless. Against a Jedi and Mandalorian? Well, there go your droids, A.I. Or whomever or whatever had sent them against the facility’s intruders. Rescuers and investigators, more like, but unlikely to spot the difference.

Blaster bolts came down the corridor and were blocked and deflected as before. Several of them smacked back into the attackers, knocking them down and out, as the Jedi moved forward. “Your guess is as good as mine!” The Mandalorian fought them off behind the Jedi as she stormed across the floor.

Free hand’s fingers unfurled, slamming a Force blast that sent the group crashing into one another. As that happened, Vayla was already flying overhead, flipping while swinging to deflect a stray bolt, landing on the other side.

With the droids pinned in between both women, they had no chance. The Mandalorian blasted like a tank as the Jedi slashed and stabbed in a bit of a whirlwind. That was that. “Perhaps we should find someone who is able to answer our questions, hm?”

“Hi! Why am I on my back!?” -kzaCK!- Her blade plunged into a droid just then who hadn’t yet gotten up.

“Come.” Vayla didn’t wait. The corridor junctioned left to right where another pair of B1s emerged. “Surrender!” “Or be murdered!” She didn’t wait on them either. Her lightsaber twirled from her grip, severed their heads from their necks, and returned to her as fast as a boomerang. “Right or left?” A Jedi had Force Sense but without a map it was worth little and less at that moment.

Mandalorian Armor

More B1 battle Droids began firing at Hilal and Vayla this time telling them to surrender. "Murder?" Hilal laughed raising her blaster cannon and opening fire upon the Droids the blaster bolts ripping them apart. "That's not exactly a Droid thing to say!"

Come to think of it even the Droids were acting strange. Hilal's HUD picked up anomalies within the Droid's programming. It's been taken over by an unknown program. "Is this Imperial?" Hilal muttered as she continued to run down the corridor. "We got something else Jedi!" Hilal said. "These Battle Droids are possessed by something! A program of sorts! I need identify this thing and track it down!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom