Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Meeting of Medics

It had been a week since Eshan. A week since Azure had nearly died. Azure looked down at her hands as she sat in her hospital bed, hair still damp from the bacta tank she had been taken out of this morning. The damage to her left side had been severe, and she had the faint scars to show for it. A frown upon her face, Azure looked out the window to view the forests of Vanquo, and sighed. She was still disappointed she couldn't have done more on Eshan. Disappointed in herself for getting as injured as she did. She leaned back against the headboard, and heard a knock on the room door, and turned her head to look at whoever would enter.

"Come in, I'm awake."

[member="Cassiopeia Australis"]

A week since the devastating attack from the Confederates. It had been a surprise attack, fueled by propaganda. Eshan was lost, replaced by an imperialistic warmonger who supposedly cared about them. In truth, Cassiopeia wasn’t really concerned except for the deaths it brought. Eshan had barely been under Mandalorian control, and despite the rumors, only a couple blocks got destroyed. As part of the treaty, we barely had resources there to begin with. It was a perfect attack.

Really, it was tame compared to the invasion force. That was in the past, though. There was no point in taking back the system, at least not with a powerful nation occupying it. And so, Cassiopeia had spent her time assisting with the wounded and trying to boost morale for the survivors.

A soft knock on the door to one hospital room. [member="Azure Djitred"]. She had been with Clan Bral, in the palace. A healer herself, she was instrumental in saving at least a hundred civilians who were simply trying to readjust and live their lives.

Ms. Azure Djitred?” Cassiopeia asked as she entered the room. “I’m Cassiopeia Australis-Caranthyr, I’m helping the doctors here. How are you feeling?

A look of surprise washed over Azure's face as [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] walked in. The blonde was a new face, and not someone Azure had heard of before. Azure smiled at the woman, and shrugged slightly. Azure was feeling many things, and took a moment to collect her thoughts.

"A pleasure to meet you, Cassiopeia. Truthfully, I'm mostly just... tired. Physically and mentally. Eshan took a rather large toll on me, and I'm lucky to be alive right now. Thankfully none of the shrapnel that hit me hit anything important." Azure let out a small, tired, laugh before looking down at her hands. "I do wish I had done more, though."

Cassiopeia gave [member="Azure Djitred"] a warm smile. She motioned to a chair, "Do you mind?" If Azure said yes, she would pull the chair up next to her hospital bed. And with that in mind, she put her full attention to Azure. Azure was a hero - truly, whether she knew that or not, only time would tell.

Cassiopeia gave a nod as she spoke, with a concerned but encouraging smile. "You did great. I read the reports - you, Bral, and Cuddles saved hundreds from the Confederates. And you are an amazing, talented healer." She gave another nod, though, acknowledging the impact it would have on her. "Being in a war, in a battlezone... It's hard. But, you have to remember how strong you are. The people you saved. The honor that you have."

She looked over at her chart and took a glimpse through it. "I'm apart of the Wue'gi'vod, and a Professor at a university in medicine and genetics," she stated so Azure would have some sense of who she was. Cassiopeia gave her a stern face, "You did everything you could, honey. Everyone did. And despite what happened, be damn proud of what you did."

"Please, go ahead. I could use the company." Azure laughed as [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] sat next to her bed. As the other woman spoke of Eshan, Azure hummed in thought. Truthfully, Azure believed all glory should go solely to the Bral clan. Replaying that fateful day in her mind, Azure sighed. "No matter how strong I am, I could have done more. I protected civilians from a threat that never got to reach them, save for the green eyed woman and the small one accompanying her. Even then they just... let us go peacefully. Say what you will, there is no honor for me from Eshan... Only scars and regret."

Once Cassiopeia was settled in the chair, she gave the Echani another smile. All signs pointed to a strong recovery, at least. With a deep sigh she leaned in so she could hear the woman talk better.

She claimed she could have done more. “How so? The reports show you were instrumental in assisting Alor Bral in getting the civilians to safe places. Cassiopeia crossed her legs as she talked to the woman. In many ways, she was just here to listen. “What do you regret? Eshan was lost, sadly, before it even began. We’d hardly had time to fortify the planet.”

[member="Azure Djitred"] was definitely being too hard on herself. But, she was likely in some form of shock still. Her body and mind had been through a lot. PTSD was definitely a possibility.

"Instrumental?" Azure looked at [member="Cassiopeia Australis"] confused. She was hardly useful to Valdus besides healing his men. "Surely you must be mistaken. All I did was smash a few droids with cuddles, and heal minor injuries to his men and the civilians. I could have helped more by fighting back after healing them. All I did after healing the wounded was stand their with my blade, and look pretty. By the time we evacuated, the enemy had arrived and just... let us go, believing they had won. No one won that battle."

Azure sighed and leaned back, thinking about the woman and small alien she had met at the palace. Did they not realize they merely brought more death and destruction to an already wounded world?

Medics, they were the glue that held armies together and kept people alive. However, there weren't enough of them out there. That's why when Adenn heard that [member="Azure Djitred"], a medic of the ME, had been injured during the Eshan Invasion, Adenn wanted to visit. After receiving permission, he had made all haste towards the hospital.

Thankfully for Adenn, he was near the hospital that she was staying in. On the way there, he saw a flower shop on the side of the street. He had heard that flowers can be used as a "get well soon" gift, so Adenn decided to buy some. After that, Adenn made his way with all haste to the hospital. No doubt he looked strange, a large Mandalorian man in full beskar, with flowers in hand. Ignoring that though, Adenn continued on and before long found himself at the hospital.

Upon entering and asking for the location of Azure, he was directed to her room. Once there, Adenn took a calming breath and knocked at the door.

[member="Cassiopeia Australis"]

A very pregnant Mand’alor the Infernal walked the hospitals post-Eshan. While she could not be part of the battle, for the twins in her belly, now in the quiet the Infernal could seek out those who deserved to know their sacrifice was honoured.

[member="Cassiopeia Australis"] was on site before Yasha, a purposeful happenstance when Yasha knew her best friend would likely sedate her than see her travel this close to the arrival of the twins. Hugging her distended belly, Yasha walked the halls, conversing with those whose conditions were improving enough to talk, and holding the hands of the comatose. [member="Ambrose Cadera"], Tamar and Tuulu hovered like clucking hens, waiting for the jitter, or the quickening, or the moment Yasha needed a suite of her own.

Moving to a soldier in the throes of a nightmare, Yasha set her hand on his forehead, brushing across it with her maternally guided thumb. “Shhh. You’re safe, everyone you love is safe. The pain is only a condition of time.”

Her eyes cast down to the stump ending his left arm, wrapped in bacta bandages to heal the amputation. She hummed a lullaby, until the melody settled the man and he slept a deep, healing sleep.

When it was time to get out of the chair, Yasha held one hand on her lower back and the other was given to Tuulu. The loyal gurlanin scooped Yasha up and looked deep in her amber eyes.

“Yasha?” Tuulu stroked his hand across Yasha’s pregnant belly, having finally talked her out of her full ‘gam and into more comfortable clothing. ‘Just in case…’

“I’m fine. A bit tired, but fine. There are more warriors to see.” Little did she know she was venturing toward [member="Azure Djitred"] and [member="Adenn Kyramud"].

Awake.

Sterling had been keeping tabs, when freed from the confines of operating rooms and emergency surgeries, on Azure, his fellow Solus tribe member. He'd taken the shrapnel out himself, and made sure the bacta soaks went well as they could, only dragged away when forced to. But it seemed that finally she was awake for more than simple idle action, or being fed. Awake and talkative. Or had she been for a while? He couldn't remember, his day was always so busy, busy busy into the night. Either way he'd been meticulously taking care of her best he could, which included getting something to eat.

A big bowl of hot cereal, on a tray alongside morning juice and fruit. Something he'd be sure she'd enjoy, even if he would prefer a plate of meats.

He took that tray with him as he went through the halls, casually holding it with one hand, until he noticed Adenn, of all the people, waiting outside her door. To be frank he was surprised the man wasn't in the ICU, considering his reputation. And, plants in hand? He shrugged a bit, and went to the door, opening it with a rather rough sound from the hinges. He forgot sometimes, these weren't made with his strength in mind.

And another had come, who he knew not the name. How popular was Azure's room? Did it have a nice view or something? He shook his head a bit to get rid of the thoughts as he pulled one of the few other chairs in the room up to Azure's bedside, away from Cass, and set the tray on her lap, folding out the legs so she could eat in bed. "Morning, food. Eat when warm yes?"

The white lab coat and scrubs he'd been given were struggling to contain the man's size, evidently they hadn't been prepared for a two meter tall surgeon.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] :|: [member="Adenn Kyramud"] :|: [member="Azure Djitred"] :|: [member="Cassiopeia Australis"]

Cassiopeia tried to keep a smile on her face. [member="Azure Djitred"] truly didn’t know her worth, did she? She saw it – even now, the strength it took to recover from some of the wounds she sustained. We were not prepared for Eshan, ultimately. There could be no blame for that. The Confederates invaded in a surprise attack, on a world that was being given extreme amounts of autonomy.

She sighed after she thought about a reply to Azure before she heard a knock on the door. Assuming he came in, she peeked around before she caught sight of [member="Adenn Kyramud"] – with flowers. He was a sweet kid, really. She gave a smile and a nod greeting him. She half expected [member="Yasha Cadera"] to show up, but surely the woman wouldn’t risk such a trip with her pregnancy. It was already a rather rough one, for her, especially so with the twins own medical situations. Cassiopeia was firm in her directions, as was the other doctors seeing to Yasha.

Cassiopeia stood as [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] also arrived. She hadn’t met the large… Lizard? Man. Hm, she couldn’t quite identify his species. There were so many in her mind already… Ah, it didn’t matter. She gave him a smile, “Cassiopeia Caranthyr, a pleasure.” She watched as the man placed the food in front of Azure. Definitely a medic, considering his scrubs. Really, he needed a bigger size. Cassiopeia made sure she would get a specialized order for him as soon as she could.

Azure looked up surprised when she heard a knock at the door, and was even more surprised to see [member="Adenn Kyramud"] with flowers. She smiled a bit as [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] came in the room with a tray of food for her. She raised her hands to avoid the tray as he set it above her lap, and gave him a soft smile. "Thank you, Sterling. Have they not gotten you properly fitted scrubs yet?" Azure frowned, then looked at the door, and tilted her head at Adenn curiously.

"What brings you here, Adenn?" Truthfully, Adenn was one of the last people Azure expected to see. Little did she know the Mand'alor herself, [member="Yasha Cadera"] was also coming near.

As Adenn stood outside the door, Sterling came along. It was a surprise for Adenn, especially seeing the large man in scrubs that were ill fitted for him. However, Sterling didn’t speak to him, instead merely opening the door roughly and walking in. Shrugging to himself, Adenn followed the man in and watched in slight amusement as he gave food to Azure.

Looking around the room, Adenn also saw Cassi there. Giving a respectful nod to her before returning his attention to Azure. He listened to her before replying.
I just stopped by to see if you were ok. Medics are in high demand, and you’re one of the best we have, so I wished to see if you were doing well.” Mentally shrugging then, Adenn held out the flowers and placed them on the table next to her bed. The flowers were in a small vase, and had a “Get well soon” card in it. “I hear that flowers help people, so I brought some for you.

[member="Azure Djitred"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

A deep enough breath shook the hospital chill off the seven foot tall Epicanthix. She continued through the hospital communing with the injured, comforting the bereaved.

A Mandalorian she had never seen, but for a name in a report walked by with flowers. [member="Adenn Kyramud"] was worth the follow. Not only did she see the massive [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] conduct his medical tasks with precision and heart, but she smirked. Perhaps there could be a better size of scrub in her Epicanthix sized supply.

“I hear I have a medic to thank. One of our best, eh? [member="Azure Djitred"] how are you feeling?” Entering the room, Yasha attempted to have her pregnant bulk out of the way of flowers and food.

“Cass... I couldn’t stay away.” Enough of an apology for her best friend [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"], after strict orders to stay home.

Sterling didn't look away from Azure and her newly placed food, even as others spoke. He thumped his chest with a closed fist gently when Cass introduced herself, likewise giving his own name. "Sterling." His rough voice still unused to making sounds in basic, though growing better every day. At least it was much easier to tell what he said exactly, without having to live with him for a while. His pale grey eyes stayed locked on Azure, hands fidgeting in his lap. He wasn't going to exactly feel much better until he knew he'd done well for taking care of the now awake Azure, hands and feet unable to sit idly.

Which made his scales coating most of his body readily apparent against the scrub's arms and legs, almost threatening to rip it when he moved wrong. The growing presence of everyone else was only worsening his agitation and concern at having done something wrong. His tail was flicking side to side anxiously, something Azure would easily pick up on, and frankly the rest if they knew much about animals. "Many come thank. Reward Azure mind space. Did good work."

[member="Yasha Cadera"] :|: [member="Adenn Kyramud"] :|: [member="Azure Djitred"] :|: [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"]

Cassiopeia gave a smile to [member="Sterling Kinslayer"]. Basic wasn’t his best talent, it seemed. That was fair, it wasn’t for everyone. Everyone she knew had a pretty heavy accent in it, anyway. Plus, he seemed to get what he was trying to say fairly well. She turned her attention back to Azure as she asked about Adenn before she gave a smile.

I was just telling [member="Azure Djitred"] how instrumental she was during the defense,” she said to [member="Adenn Kyramud"]. But, low and behold, [member="Yasha Cadera"] came waddling into the room. Cassiopeia gave her the most fowl scowl she had ever given, even worse than she gave Lily when she was acting up.

Yasha Ghada Nussyn Fitz-Kierke Australis Cadera. You are the most stubborn woman… Tuulu, you couldn’t have stopped her?” She said with a continued scowl. She should really be on bed rest, with how things were going. It’d be a miracle if she didn’t go into labor right here, with the stress the flight and talking to these poor injured people. Perhaps it was a bit disrespectful, but Cassiopeia was tremendously worried.

And, Yasha, so dang stubborn. She tsked once more before she gave a defeated sigh as she walked over. “How are you feeling?” She asked, clearly concerned about the pregnancy. She did however, try to turn the attention back to Azure. "We were just discussing Azure's role in Eshan."

Azure blushed slightly when [member="Adenn Kyramud"] called her one of the best medics, and shook her head. "I'm hardly one of the best. My methods are... primitive, compared to the rest of the galaxy." Why was everyone singing her praises? Azure really couldn't understand what everyone saw in her. She turned to [member="Yasha Cadera"] curiously, and smiled slightly. "A little tired and sore, nothing a little more bed rest won't fix."

"They can only come see me because of the good work you did removing the shrapnel, Sterling." Azure smiled more at Sterling, hoping to relieve him of some agitation with her praises. She was beginning to wonder how many more visitors besides [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] she would be getting today.

As soon as the Mand'alor([member="Yasha Cadera"]) entered the room, Adenn spun to face her. Immediately he saluted her, fist clenched over his heart and a clang rang out in the room. Along with that, he bowed his head to her, noticing that she was pregnant. If what she said to [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] was true, and said persons reaction were any indication, she shouldn't be here. While Adenn didn't say anything, the slight frown behind his helmet would have revealed his feelings on the matter, should he have chosen to take his helmet off; which he didn't.

Though when he noticed Cassis scowl, Adenn couldn't help but smirk behind his helm. That was the smirk only a daughter could have to a mother that frustrated them. Then he sighed to himself, looking down, temporarily lost in thought. It was nothing more than a memory, a memory Adenn quickly shook himself out of and turned back to [member="Azure Djitred"]. He realized she didn't believe that she was all that good, even though she wasn't. Though he did nod to what Cassi said about her instrumental role.
"Nonsense Azure. Backwards or not, your methods work, better than what most would expect. You saved lives, and that's what matters. Not the way you do it, no, it's that you do it, and that you do it well."

Adenn then looked around the room again, at the people here. Each was here to make sure she was safe, and if she didn't realize that she was important, that was her prerogative. Then he turned his head to observe Cassi and the Mand'alor. Cassi was clearly troubled by the Mand'alors presence, as if she feared something would happen soon. Adenn didn't know what that something might be, but he suspected it had something to do with her pregnancy. Furrowing his brow, Adenn looked around the room once more, only this time look into the adjacent rooms to see if anyone was in any of them. Thankfully, in the room to their left no one was there. So, if the Mand'alor went into labor, he could break the wall down and get her into that room immediately.

That thought comforted Adenn, this way he could help the Mand'alor should she need it. Comforted slightly, Adenn turned his head back to observe Azure.

[member="Azure Djitred"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Sterling Kinslayer"] [member="Yasha Cadera"]

“Primitive methods can be more effective in times of woe and war. When most medics get into battle, the moment their tools break down, they lose their ability to heal.” Yasha rubbed her distended belly, taking a second deep breath in succession. Her eyes lit on [member="Sterling Kinslayer"]. If she hadn’t spent so much time with another species of reptilian humanoid, perhaps Yasha would have been in total ignorance of the fidgeting, and tail flicks. “You are the surgeon, who saved her? I have heard many things of you, Kinslayer. You do the Aliit proud with your work. Thank you.”

“Cassie, I’ve had two babies already, I couldn’t be part of the battle, I would be damned to the Netherworld to miss helping the wounded, even if my due date is later this week.”

Tuulu lingered closer, holding Yasha’s shoulder. “Yasha, your due date was three days ago. Please… Cassie’s right.”

“It’s… already? I’ve been so busy, I’ve lost track.” Yasha screwed her face, lips to the side and sighed. “Cass, I’m fine. Just a bit… tired. There’s a lot of wounded to see. Tell me more of Azure, you have the trust of your companions. That makes you more than worthy.”

Truth was, her sides burned. She felt her babies shifting, and looked around the room for a chair.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Azure Djitred"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Sterling Kinslayer"]

Sterling's tail flicked happily when Azure affirmed he had done well, followed again when the Chieftain Chieftain praised his work as well. He wasn't less agitated in the sense that the situation was comfortable, but at least he felt better about the work he'd done thus far. He glanced up a moment when children were mentioned, but quickly returned his attention to Azure. He frowned a little bit at how she seemed to deny she was good and valuable. So while the others seemed content to confront an irresponsible Mand'alor, Sterling leaned over a bit to try and speak quietly to Azure.

And by 'try', that meant fail miserably. But he was quieter than usual. "Sterling.. primitive. No magic, no teck. Sterling heart in place. Same Azure heart. Azure heart do good, head in correct place. Not magic or teck problem. Reward Azure being good head place, good heart. Not easy have both." At the same time, he gave her a gentle poke in the chest, in the sternum bone not something inappropriate. To make his point of course. When he finished he sat back, and smiled at her. "Good work get good food yes?"

Already he was reaching galactic basic maximum capacity by the Gods.

[member="Yasha Cadera"] :|: [member="Adenn Kyramud"] :|: [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] :|: [member="Azure Djitred"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom