Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A meeting in the shadows of the ancients

Disciple of the dark side
Korriban - 900 ABY
Korriban Valley] | This was my first attempt at digital art with GIMP. It's  not painted, but rather a mix and blend of rock formations from my state,  and/or other sources. Definitely

Korriban, or Moraband, as some chose to call it, was a desolate place. For miles, all the eye could see was the crimson desert, scattered with towering cliff faces which cast eerie shadows in the light of the sunset. Ancient ruins were scattered among the landscape, broken likenesses of sith lords long past, lost to time long ago. Just as the desert sand buried them, so too did the sands of time bury their memory. But no one is ever truly forgotten.

A solitary figure walked through the wasteland, approaching a crevice between two deep red cliffs. Behind her, her ship lay still, it's sharp, geometric shape a stark contrast to the natural rock formations around it. But the woman payed no heed to what was behind her. Underneath her black hooded cloak, her red eyes glow in response to the dark side's energy in this place. Her black robes sway in the wind, exposing her bare feet, mechanical in nature. They make a soft clink, clank as she walks. Finally, after walking through the crevice, the woman approaches her destination, a crumbling temple to the dark side. And for the first time in a while, Lyssa let herself smile.

Lyssa could not help but feel deeply privileged to have been called here by the force. She knew very little about the sith, but what she did know was that this place was their homeworld. Here, in the red sand and the towering cliffs, was where the sith had began. Thousands and thousands of years ago, this place was filled with people like her - people who had chosen the darkness over the light. And she, someone who had been a sith for only ten years, had been called here, drawn to this place by the force. It was an honour of the highest degree, even if Lyssa had no idea why she was meant to be here.

However, the form of another figure on the steps of the temple may be why. Lyssa took her hood off to get a closer look at the individual. Her black painted lips curled back in disdain as she saw his armour. He was Mandalorian. Lyssa didn't have any quarrel with them, but she'd heard the stories. They were conquerers, a group of warriors who took what they wanted. Perhaps the force called her here to protect this sacred place from colonisation. Drawing her lightsaber pike, Lyssa intended to do just that.

"Mandalorian! You are trespassing here," she called out to the figure. "This planet is sacred to the sith. So unless you wield a crimson saber like I do, I suggest you leave now before I lose my temper, and you lose your head."

Cremek candorus Cremek candorus

Music/ambience

Last edited:
cremek slowly turned, the dark jedi had very little patience for young upstarts thinking they had the right to claim what was long ruined, bah, one does not simply threaten a mandalorian unless they intended to follow through, cremek parted his cloak, force pulling his signature saber to his hand.

"I would like to see you try."

his voice was distorted, a voice modulator, oh.. the brash implications of those who are less knowledgeable!

he entered a strange stance, completely foreign to the apprentice (@ Lyssa Clauda Lyssa Clauda ) , igniting the flame orange saber katana, the signature howl of the krayt dragon crystal echoing, his arm pointed downwards, and his free hand extended to her..

Last edited:
Lyssa's eyes narrowed as she took in the figure's orange saber. It wasn't crimson, but it was clear this man wasn't just a mandalorian. Surely he was not a jedi, no jedi would ever dare come to this place. Was he a sith, like her, perhaps? But then why didn't he just say so? Taking in his practiced, unfamiliar stance, Lyssa knew she most likely wouldn't win this fight. But if he was a jedi, then she would surely die trying.

"
Who are you?" She eventually said, drawing her lightsaber pike, but not yet igniting it, while stepping slowly towards him. "If you are a jedi, then I shall have to kill you. But if you are a sith..."

Lyssa slowly knelt, however not for one second breaking eye contact. "
Then I say welcome, master."

He now points the saber to her, just inches from her shoulder, this was not a move to attack, but a measurement, if this acaloyte had some balls, then he would consider them worth his attention.

"I am no jedi. Nor do bother to label myself with such a pathetic title dubbed sith, I am more, I am ascended, the sith order is rotten, want to be sith'ari prowl everywhere, only fools wish to replace lord bane and his line, no.. I am no fool, I will not replace what was fundamentally broken, I will do as a true heir of the dark side should, conquer. I will burn down what is there, and make something new, something better, as a TRUE Scion of the dark side should.."

The mandalorian did not once take their visor off of the acaloyte, the growl of the krayt dragon focused saber now the only sound emanating from the mandalorian dark Jedi.

Lyssa Clauda Lyssa Clauda

Lyssa did not flinch as the mandalorian held his saber up to her shoulder, rather, she looked up at him with curious eyes. "I was told my whole life that all followers of the light side were jedi, and that anyone who fell to the dark side was a sith. I did not know that you could be more, that you could be even greater than the sith..."

"
Truthfully, I am still new to the dark side. But I hunger for knowledge, for greatness, and for revenge," she continued. "If you are rebuilding the world in accordance to the will of the dark side of the force, then I wish to be a part of it."

Lyssa could not stop herself from smiling. She had longed for a master ever since her father had so cruelly tossed her aside. She wasn't sure about becoming a mandalorian, but when it came to being formally trained, she was willing to do anything. Of course, it would hurt to forsake her mirialan culture, but nothing worth having was ever easy.

"
I accept, master," Lyssa said, bowing deeper. "It would be a great honour to be counted among your acolytes, and to be trained in the dark side. I shall prove my worth to you by becoming the greatest of your disciples."

"Of course, Master," Lyssa grinned, standing back up. She wondered how favourably this new master might look upon her if she was to murder his other acolytes in order eliminate her competition. But after what happened last time, perhaps it would be best to get to know this man better before she did so.

"
I am Lyssa Cluada, disciple of the dark side, and trained in the force since I was a child," Lyssa said, deciding it wise to formally introduce herself. "By what name shall I refer to you, Master?"

cremek looked down upon her, genuinely thinking if he should give her his name.. why not... though she was going to be one of many, he admired the girls bravery. "you will know me as cremek candorus, the alor of varsuuth. Be aware, young one, you are one of many, should you fail to impress me, I will toss you aside, I have precious little tolerance for weakness, you will fight, you will kill, and you will evolve, or you will die in the sands that I found you on."

Cremek made his contract with the girl clear, there was no deception, no promise to care for her well being, other than that of a student and teacher. "And should a more fitting warrior claim your place, I will feel no sympathy for you... but if you prove yourself worthy, you will bear my aliik (sigil), and go to rend, wreck, and ruin, you will become.. war." the dark jedi master switched off his saber. "This is the law of my pack." the mandalorian now tilted his head "knowing this, do you still seek to learn?"

Last edited:
Ah, a return to the familiar. So this man was not so unlike her father after all, with his words of tossing her aside if she failed him. But this time would be different, because he was being honest about his terms up front. Lyssa got the sense that this Cremek Candorus was offering her a place in a competition, but this time, the competition was a fair one, not rigged from the start. And if this competition was based on power alone, then she would surely win.

"
Of course I still seek to learn, Master Candorus," Lyssa replied, smiling. "I shall surely prove myself the most powerful of your acolytes, and worthy to be by your side as your apprentice."

Last edited:
"Gladly, master." Lyssa lept at the chance to prove herself. Finally, someone actually wanted to see her skills and what she was capable of. She would make sure not to disappoint him.

Igniting her lightsaber pike in her left hand, Lyssa held her right hand up to her face before swiping it to the side. As she did, two perfectly cloned copies of herself emerged. All three versions of Lyssa grinned, switching their pikes to their right hand and using their left to summon the sands of Korriban to form a dust cloud, allowing them to disappear out of sight. As the dust settled, the three versions of Lyssa were running towards Cremek from different directions, one from head on, one from his right side, and one from behind him. All of them had their saberpikes raised, ready to strike, their jagged blades spluttering with sparks of red characteristic of a broken kyber crystal.

OOC - If you'd like Cremek to figure out which one is the real Lyssa, it's the one coming from behind him :)

good.. good.. misdirection.. cremek used the process of elimination, the right was out of the question, impractical, that would only leave her open.. that left two possible options of attack... front and back, he turned to the right one, appearing to choose that one to lull her into a false sense of security, then used the forbidden form of trakata when she got close enough, brushing the saber against his specifically designed thigh plate to kick up sparks, hopefully blinding the one that used to be behind him if that was the real deal, using the flash strike to swing in a arc at the right and front one, as well as the one that was now to his right, which used to behind him, trusting his proper positioning and quick flash strike to reveal the real padawan.

although, this isn't a duel to cremek, if he truly wanted he could have just utilized the force and create a shockwave, but he wasn't truly trying against her, this was a test, a personality gauge, he wanted to see what she could do.

"good, now, answer me this, what if your foe does not rely on sight, what then?"

if she would stop to answer, cremek would strike her pike's blade again, like a mountain slamming against her, lesson part two.. never stop moving....

"Nngh!" Lyssa gritted her teeth as sparks flew into her face, her illusionary selves flickering for a moment before she regained control. Unfortunately, Cremek candorus Cremek candorus seemed to have noticed her momentary lapse of control, as he was now facing her. But this was only a lesson, and as he asked her a question, Lyssa paused to answer. This turned out to be a mistake, however, as he hit her blade, forcing her to go from agressive to defensive as she pushed back against him. He was strong, for sure. But strength wasn't everything.

"If my foe didn't rely on sight," she said, straining, "I would simply have to kill them the old fashioned way."

To demonstrate her point, Lyssa also used trakata, turning off her saberpike and using the momentary surprise to regain some control, rapidly executing a series of moves. First a sweeping strike from form one, then a fierce, juuyo style stab, and finally, an overhead strike learnt from the Kaleesh. Lyssa knew this was just a test, so she kept her aim off slightly just in case one of her strikes did break through her master's defences.

"A thinking predator knows when to leave someone alive for later."

Little did the apprentice know, cremek was considered an actual master of tràkata, known for transforming the forbidden form into an art in on itself, he saw the bypass the guard technique coming a mile away, spinning and slamming her pike blade to the ground with his saber to dissuade further strikes, igniting his saber gauntlet, and pointing it at her.

"bypass the guard.. interesting.. you were taught before.."

this came as little surprise to cremek, but what did intrigue him was the trakata knowledge, given most teachers refused to practice it, let alone teach it, only taught in select circles, and often in secret to avoid chastisement.. if there was another master of trakata, teaching acolytes the style, then cremek was bound to at least know their name..

"Taught? Ha! You flatter my old master, all he did was tell me not to use it," Lyssa laughed, thinking of her uptight father, who shunned any form of creativity in combat. "No, he didn't like the way it let me defeat his favourite apprentice so easily."

Lyssa recognised that the lesson was over, her new master had won, there wasn't exactly a way out and the way he had slammed her pike to the ground seemed to indicate that he was done here. Lyssa felt disappointed that she wasn't able to continue, but still, it had been so good to spar with someone again, ever since her sister had died she had never found someone worthy to replace her. That wouldn't be a problem anymore. So Lyssa waited, not moving a muscle, for her master to make the net move, he had the upper hand here and she was ready to follow his lead, if he wished to continue fighting, she would gladly do so, if he did not, then she would wait for his net instructions.

"Yet bypass the guard menuver is not a common tràkata concept.. that's along the same lines as atra-manua.. assuming your former master was a student of such concepts."

"I find it hard to believe he did not intentionally teach you.. but very well, this lesson is over for now, I will finish what I have planned here, than you will travel to Concord dawn and await my further instructions. Do you understand?"

He switched off his saber, motioning her to stand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom