Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A long time coming

The Cyaron dropped into familiar territories, ones she had not seen in well over a year, the ones she called home...

Kal'Shebbol loomed in the viewport as they made their final approach. A tear was almost shed at the sight as they neared, but her composure held. Her crew went about making all the necessary preparations around her, as her thoughts were divided on the return. She was here to ask for assistance in the liberation of her people, but in the back of her mind, she wondered where all her friends, those she referred to as family were. The guilt piled up until it almost spilled out again before she was interrupted by Chika.

"Ma'am, you may want to come see this I think it'll make you happy."

She wasted no time and rushed to the woman's side, looking onto the screen that showed a very familiar ship docked in orbit of the planet.

Ki's heart soared,"Dax...Find the nearest dock and let me know when we've been cleared, please?" Chika didn't even need to answer as she turned to begin issuing orders as Ki dashed off the bridge.

"Please be around...Dax."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot

A crash and tinkle of breaking glass resounded through the streets a gruff looking Rodian went flying through the window of some grimy cantina in the city. The green skinned being scrambled, attempting to get back on his feet, but not before he felt a hand on his shoulder, roughly turning him onto his back. "Where the feth do you think your going huh?" a voice said before a fist collided with the Rodians face. Satisfied, the Grand Marshall turned the Rodian onto his stomach again and grabbed both of the man's arms and forcefully pulled them behind his back. As one hand pinned the poor soul to the ground, another reached behind the Marshal's back for some cuffs which were quickly secured onto the Rodian's wrists before being patted down for weapons.

A crowd had begun to form around the Judge as he carried out his work, "Move along folks, nothing to see here." While a couple of the gathering were quick and listened to the man, proceeding with their business, a few of the others there, whom Dax could only guess were unhappy patrons of the bar, began to grumble. They were quickly silenced as the Judge's voice turned ice cold, sending shivers down their spines, "I said move along."

The Judge wrested from the Rodian's body a number of weapons, some spice and ... "Oh that's disgusting..." Dax, Grand Marshall, Reaper and Lord of Won Shasot said as he tossed aside the offending article as all but one of the remaining crowd disappeared.

[member="Kimiko"]

The trip to the planet's surface was rushed and terribly planned. She had heard from Dax's crew he had gone to ground to pursue some troublemakers and had been doing so for several hours. They had given the name of the city, but not much else. Good enough.

She was giddy, and nervous all in one. It had been so long since she had last seen Dax, and she hoped he wouldn't be to harsh on her for disappearing.

Her thoughts only momentarily distracted her before her ears picked up on a possible sighting not far from where she had wandered. She dashed to the spot, finding her target roughing up a Rhodian who more than likely deserved it. Ki sort of blended into the gathering crowd, smiling in anticipation beneath her hood.

Dax noticed the gathering onlookers and did the normal law enforcement action and shooed them off. But she remained still...

He finished searching the man and looked back at her, and she spoke finally,"Care for some assistance...Dax?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
A familiar voice pierced through the bustle of the city streets and it made Dax pause. His head quickly turned towards the source of the voice and sure enough, beneath the hood sat the same face he had missed for more than a year. "Ki?"

A great flood of emotions washed over him. Relief, surprise, happiness, and shame. So much had happened since he had put himself into exile with his best friend, her own lover. Since she had disappeared. In truth he wasn't very sure himself what to say, and so he sat there for a moment, wondering if it was all simply a dream.

"What...what are you doing here?" became the only words that he could manage. Beneath him the Rodian began to struggle again, assuming Dax's lapse in attention would be enough to allow him to escape. That was a mistake. Dax quickly snapped back around and shoved the man's head into the dirt, "Stay down wouldya. Yea I could use a hand." he said turning back to Ki

[member="Kimiko"]

She giggled as she stepped up to the Rhodian's other side and began assisting in hefting him for transport. Ki had removed her hood in the process and showed Dax a warm smile.

"It is me Dax, I am back, finally." she offered in response,"A lot has happened since I have been gone. I'll catch you up after we deal with your friend here."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue hauled his collar onto his feet, helped by Ki. Nodding he said, "Alright then. C'mon, let's get going." The Marshall roughly shoved the Rodian forward so he'd walk a little in front of the pair as he was guided to Kal'Shebbal's Courthouse.

The walk there was silent, but quick. The few Judges who were there stopped and tipped their hats or nodded as Dax brought his mark in, the closest thing to a salute that has ever, and likely will ever exist within the Judges. The woman at the desk saw Dax and asked, "Easy job boss?"

"Easy enough Brill. Careful with him though, he's gots a mean left hook." The Grand Marshall handed the Rodian off to two other Judges who took him away to be locked up in whatever deep dark cell they could find.

Turning back around he said to Ki, "And after that I need a drink. On me. Oh, and I'll send you your share of the bounty too."

[member="Kimiko"]

She eagerly agreed on the drink, promptly following him out of the courthouse. She pranced about just ahead of him, hands clasped behind her back,"No need for the bounty split. Your hunt, you get it. The drinks though, sounds like a good idea." she smiled widely.

A short bit into their walk to where ever he decided, she stopped, looking down solemnly and kicking at the dirt at her feet,"I...I know you must have a lot of questions, and I owe a lot of answers. But, I want to say I'm sorry for disappearing like I did for so long."she turned to face him.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue knew better than to argue with the the smaller fox-girl. Although, that wouldn't stop him from getting her a gift or something anyways, he wasn't the kind to shirk away from repaying his debts as he saw it.

The bar they were heading to wasn't very distant, and quite a few Judges enjoyed a drink or twenty there. And, they had the best Corellian Whiskey.

Dax nearly ran into the smaller woman when stopped and turned to speak to him. A small, sad smile crossed his face as he placed a hand on her shoulder and gently squeezed. "Its alright Ki. I think we both got a lot to apologize for...we can talk about it once we get inside."

The bar was only a few steps away, and the Marshall swung the door open. Sure enough a few Judges sat inside, but not a single one acknowledged their superior's presence. Off duty, everyone was equal, and that's how Dax liked it. The man moved over to a booth in the corner and signaled a waitress to come over. "Usual for ya today Marshall?" asked the Zeltron waitress.
"I told you to stop calling me that. And yeah, plus whatever my friend wants, its all on me."

[member="Kimiko"]

She nodded and silently followed him inside, sliding into the booth and immediately smiling at the pretty Zeltron placing an order for some sort of whiskey.

Once they were alone, she eyed Dax and stifled a giggle,"Look at you Mr. Marshall. Things seem to be going well with you keeping the peace." she settled a bit, the playful jab calming her nerves,"So, where do you want to begin Dax?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue smiled charmingly, half jokingly, "All in a days work." The man leaned back and sighed, thinking for a moment, "Where'd you go? I mean when I got back from my exile, you just...there was no trace, no one knew where you'd gone."

The first thing the Rogue had done when he returned to the greater galaxy, he'd searched to see which of his old friends were still around. He didn't have many, and most were getting on with their lives, but he'd never heard from Ki. At the time it greatly worried him.

[member="Kimiko"]

She winced, completely guilty of disappearing suddenly and not attempting any contact,"It's going to be a long story. But, I found where I am from." she looked at him with a sparkling look in her eyes.

"You should see it Dax! Untouched by technology and time! The cities are beautiful and the people...oh, the people, MY people. It was like a weight being lifted knowing I am not alone." her expression quickly faded from one of enlightenment to a more somber look,"But, the way they are being led and treated...th-they need help Dax. I tried and failed...and now they're in even worse shape." the tears had started flowing slowly as she spoke and didn't even care that she just spilled a lot onto him.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax pulled the woman into a hug, the Zeltron woman quietly leaving their drinks and leaving. "I'm glad you found them...but what happened? What's going on there?" Dax hadn't seen Ki like this since they were much younger. Hell, then an entire planet was being massacred, and no one knew if they were going to make it out. Strange times indeed back then. But it broke his heart every time he saw her like this.

[member="Kimiko"]

She cried for a moment before speaking again, shrinking into his embrace,"Apparently, there is this prophecy that my arrival has been foretold for millennia. As soon as word spread was when I met her...Dax, apparently my sister is sitting in the throne and is the one responsible for the way things have been."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Your sister? You have siblings?" This was a surprise to Dax. And he knew how she felt. Dax had his own half sibling he didn't know about until recently. But his sister wasn't sitting on his thrown making life for his people difficult. He couldn't understand her pain...but he wanted to help. "What can I do?"

[member="Kimiko"]

It had definitely been a surprise to her as well. Imagine when that surprise had attempted to kill you and make sure she could continue her reign, and running you off and enslaving all those you had tried to help.

"I was happy at first...to hear one of my own kin was sitting on the throne and that she would abdicate upon my reveal. But it was not the case." she sat upright away from him, eyeing her golden drink,"At first she did welcome me with open arms and everything seemed to be going accordingly. This had also put the fears of the group that wanted to stage a coup to rest as well. But, then she had me imprisoned and on the block to be executed." she paused to take a lengthy sip of her drink, feeling the warming sensation before replacing the glass.

"If it weren't for Chika and the crews I brought, I probably would not be here." she silenced paying homage to their heroism,"Soon after though, the nine leading clans led an open revolt against the throne. It was bloody, and so many died. We did what we could, and we gained the upper hand only for a moment...but, I was bested by her and forced too flee...and, here I am." she looked back at Dax, a forced smile upon her face.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax gently rubbed her shoulder, taking a short sip from his glass. "You know I'd follow to Hell and back if you asked. My crew too. But I don't know if that'll be enough," he said sadly. Another moment of silence passed between them. "I'd take their life force if you asked me to. I'd give up my soul." This time Dax didn't look at her, instead he peered into the glass of amber liquid, tracing his finger around the edge.

[member="Kimiko"]

"Don't go that far Dax, I don't like what it does to you." she quips, but truthfully, it warms her heart he'd give all for her,"Thank you, Darling."

Her gaze softens,"That's why I'm back Dax. I need help freeing my people. A lot of help. And who better to ask than a certain group who was based off of their stance against tyranny and subjugation around the Galaxy." her eyes hardened, a rare look for the woman,"A coalition I have always called home."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
A smile tugged at the corners of Dax's mouth at her small joke, "I don't like what it does to me either trust me." he said back, moving back to lean over the table, both hands around his glass. "Like I said Ki, you've got my gun and my blade. My crew too, they all love you. Hell half the Coalition would drop what they're doin' in an instant. I'll call in all the favors I can. And I'll talk to as many of the Coalition that I can find. I'll try to get my Judges on it too. I don't care who your sister is, she can't take on an army of Forcers with nothing holding them back." The Rogue threw back his drink, "What else can you tell me though. Numbers? Weaponry? Infrastructure?"

[member="Kimiko"]

Her eyes lit up at his words, it was refreshing to hear him offer her so much on such short notice. She silently mouthed a Thank you.

She paused, recollecting her thoughts on the matter before her ears perked up and she looked at Dax excitedly,"I could easily tell you. But how would you like too hear it from one of them?" she leaned forward grinning like a goofball.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax raised an eyebrow but simply nodded. Had she brought one of her kin back? That wasn't a bizarre assumption, but she couldn't quite figure out why she was smiling so much. "I didn't see you with anyone earlier...are they on your ship?" the Rogue asked.

[member="Kimiko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom