Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A long time coming

Her tails waved rapidly behind her as she nodded excitedly. She quickly grabbed her glass and finished it in one gulp, not paying mind to the burning throat.

"Yes yes! I managed to get her off the planet safely, at her own insistence, and thought she could help vouch for me!"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Uhm lead on then?" the Rogue said, still clearly confused. He tossed a few credits onto the table and stood to begin following the fox-lady. "What's got you so excited?" he finally asked, unable to contain his curiosity any longer.

[member="Kimiko"]

The trip back to the spaceport was filled with electric silence, the overly excited fox leading Dax by his hand. She had told her companions to head down after they got settled. Hopefully with their special passenger in tow.

She spied familiar, yet unique, hair colors gathered around a stall that marketed souvenirs to visitors, and she quickly discovered why. She closed the distance and was greeted by eight friendly smiles and a mysterious hooded figure.

This figure stood just shy of Ki's height, yet more vuluptuous, with their hands hidden within her sleeves. Her small smile peaked out from her concealment as the grouping of similar looking, yet very purple, tails flittered about behind them.

Ki could barely hold in her excitement as she pulled Dax before them and smiled,"Dax, I would like to introduce you to, Nozomi, Matriarch of the Toujou Clan." at the introduction, she lowered her hood, revealing a set of Ki-like ears, though draped in violet fur. Her eyes were a crystal clear turquoise and she looked upon him softly, yet with curiosity.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded his head politely and offered a hand, "Dax Fyre, Grand Marshall within the Coalition. I hear you guys could use some help freeing a planet?" he said, a hint of his usual mirth and charm behind his words. Apparently odd hair...fur?...colors were common among her race...unless they dyed it.

[member="Kimiko"]

Ki quickly began apparently translating, before Nozomi politely waved her attempt away. She stepped forward and appeared to 'study' Dax. She looked him over slowly, taking in all the details of his appearance and even taking a whiff of his scent before returning to his front.

A playful grin appeared on her face before she spoke, a little broken Basic, with a heavy accent,"Hime-sama, you were right when you said you had handsome mates." she giggled delightedly at Ki's blush and the chuckles from the others,"An honor to meet you Dax-san. As My Queen has said, I am Nozomi Toujou, and yes, we have come to ask your Coalition for help, specifically to help her," she points to Ki to make her point, she is a bit eccentric,",take her rightful place on the throne."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax gave Ki a look that was part accusatory, part quizzical and part amused, "Mates?" the side eye ending, he returned to addressing the Matriach, "I...wasn't aware I was considered one of her mates...merely a close friend," he said, in as diplomatic a manner as he could muster. "But yes. I believe we could persuade the Coalition to assist your people in returning the throne to Ki, or rather her Highness," the Rogue told her, "Regardless of their decision, however, you will have myself, and my Judges fighting at your side. They're all experts with guns, blades, and the Force. They won't let you down."

[member="Kimiko"]

Nozomi cheered softly,"Yan~ This is shaping up too be quite a party when the time comes." she turned and swiftly went about browsing more of the stalls, Ki's companions and daughter bowed and left to follow her.

Ki awkwardly watched the group depart before turning back to Dax, blushing softly,"She's a character. There's a whole clan like her, and she has her own children...imagine that."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Yeah...imagine that." the Rogue said, crossing his arms and giving Ki a look that clearly said, 'you've got some explaining to do'. A list of those things ran through Dax's mind like a high-speed starfighter, but chief among those at the moment were, "What in the hell did that woman mean by mates?" and then after that, "Why is 'mates' plural and not singular, and why it included him," but lastly, "Was that tsubasa?! She's getting older...that means I'm getting older...this sucks..."

[member="Kimiko"]

Ki shrank under the look, but retained her elated smile. She stepped up beside him and gently leaned on him, resting her head on his shoulder,"I assume this brings up even more questions. I will answer in due time. But for now, we have some catching up to do."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax rolled his eyes, "Uh huh. Well, in that case, are you gonna invite me in?" he said jokingly, already moving inside of the vessel they stood before. "So you've told me whats been happening for you. I guess its my turn huh?" he said as they entered, taking off his jacket and rolling up his sleeves, his pistol, sabers and cuffs gently rattling on his belt.

[member="Kimiko"]

She followed suit, making her way to the pilot's cabin and taking a seat. Her lack of equipment made the moment awkwardly silent before she eagerly nodded.

"Quite right. We can share stories over some tea. I can assume we have plenty of time before Nozomi wants to return." giggling at her statement.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded, "Tea would be nice." He settled himself down, and took a deep breath, "Well...we found it. The source of that Dark Side nexus. You shoulda seen it Ki. An entire planet." And the planet really was beautiful. Thick forests and a thin fog, it was like a fantasy.

[member="Kimiko"]

She quickly set about fetching the tea for the two of them, listening the whole while. She remembered sending Nate and Dax off, and gifting the latter the Azalea. She was still with child at the time, and hoped to part on better terms...to no avail. Her ears sagged and hands slowed about their tasks as she thought of him, but she quickly recovered, skipping back to his side and serving the tea as promised.

"Oh...so that's what was causing you two so much trouble? What happened after you found it?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"The planet was in the middle of a civil war." he recounted, "There were four clans. Originally there were five, but they were massacred about a millennia ago from what I gathered. In fact, it was their massacre that created the Force Nexus. We were found by the Ashan clan. Not the nicest bunch at first, but their Lord's daughter took a liking apparently. Plus, you know how threatening Nate and I can be. So we cut a deal. We fight their war for them, they grant us unlimited access to the Nexus. And we did it. We won. We killed each of the other clan's leaders, and took the one thing that gave them a right to lead...lightsaber crystals...Sith crystals."

[member="Kimiko"]

She sipped her tea and listened to the recounted tale. It was hard for her to stomach, the thought of all the death and destruction unsettled her greatly. But, she figured it had to have been done one way or another.

"I'm sorry to hear that Dax. It sounds like one hell of an ordeal. I am happy you're alive and well." she genuinely smiled at him before her expression softened,"Any word from Nate?" she actually asked, barely above a whisper.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax hesitated, unsure if he should tell Ki the truth, or lie. It was shame that prevented him, not a desire to escape trouble or condemnation, but rather shame and guilt. "Listen Ki...I made a mistake..." he began, "The last city we took...they put up a lot of resistance...and I did terrible things, and the Dark consumed me for a time." the usual bombast was gone. He couldn't look at her, "He confronted me. And I tried to kill him. Almost did." All Dax could do was stare at his feet, "I'm so sorry Ki."

[member="Kimiko"]

"It...it's okay Dax. I tried and failed." she reached forward and lifted his chin to meet his eyes.

She could see the regret and sadness in his eyes, but she was appreciative of the truth, so a faint but warm smile formed,"Don't be sorry. Thank you for telling me though."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Ki...he nearly died because of me...and then he disappeared..." the Rogue stared back at Ki, and felt an overwhelming urge to pull her into a tight embrace and never let go. He didn't have the courage to do it anymore.

[member="Kimiko"]

A saddened chuckle followed by a heavy sigh as her shoulders slackened,"Dax, I can't hold blame over one person. It...happened and it's over with now."

She retreated and quickly lifted her teacup to cover the emotions from flooding her face. She looked at the liquid for a moment...several images flashed in the mirror-like surface..and she recovered relatively well.

"So tell me, how has the Azalea been treating you?" that mischievous smile appeared again, waiting too see how he answered.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax looked up, an eyebrow raised at the sudden change in topic and tone. "Really good. Great even. One Sith sure knew how to make a ship...plus the upgrades are just what I needed," he said. "You can tell Chika she's welcome whenever she wants...ok what's with the smile Ki? What're you thinking?" The Rogue couldn't ignore the fox-lady's sudden mischievous demeanor. Knowing her it'd be something that'd leave Dax greatly confused, but that didn't stop his curiosity.

[member="Kimiko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom