Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Long Term Apprentice (Join Rule of Two)

Join the Rule of Two
ec1b11fba50ed11a73a9caa921aa99d3f2f9622b_hq.jpg
Two there must be; no more, no less. A Master, to embody power; an apprentice, to crave it.
A long time ago I had the privilege of experiencing the truest Rule of Two apprenticeship, that in my opinion was the nearest one could take such a philosophy in a fandom community / RPG to that of the films. This was in another RPG (coincidentally the same community I transferred this character from back in 2014) and ever since I have been looking for someone else to experience what I did with my old friend Darth Mendacium.

Are you that person?

Ever since I begun writing on Chaos back in 2013 I have been trying to set up the Rule of Two philosophy on this board. I have had minor success with thanks to other writers, such as [member="Vanessa Vantai"], [member="Darth Veles"] and to some extent some other writers who have had contact with my character and her story. Progress in setting up the philosophy and growing some form of in character legacy has been slowed mostly due to OOC. Over the past couple of years I've been too preoccupied in other projects and material outside of the Chaos board to continue setting up the philosophy. But with each year there has still been some minor progress when I have had the time to build.

The other reason why it has been so slow building the philosophy has been to do with the fact that I haven't had another dedicated writer to help me out. This isn't the fault of the aforementioned as they are welcomed to do as they pleased. Going back to the RO2 I experienced years ago with Mendacium (a character from another RPG) the thing that made it so fun and memorable for me was the fact that the person who roleplayed Mendacium was equally as dedicated as I was to growing something. It made for fantastic stories and roleplay that I will cherish for the rest of my life, and I look forward to telling my children one day.

I want to achieve fantastic stories and memorable roleplay on Chaos too. This is why I came back to the board a couple of months ago, and whilst I have had some mixed reception to my abrasive attitude, it is my intention to continue the progress of the philosophy and create a lasting legacy here on the board. I like to think and do things as big as I can, as that is what I enjoy from roleplay nowadays, and being the progenitor to a lineage of Sith, backed by other writers later down the years, is something that I want to accomplish.

If you took the time to read this pitch and are interested in taking up the role as the Sith Apprentice in the Rule of Two then you might be interested to take the time into reading this Codex entry that I made a few weeks ago. It details all the roleplay and progress that has been made since the Rule of Two first started to be roleplayed almost five years ago now.

Also, here is a list of requirements that I would need from you if you wish to take this place:

- It is a requirement that any writer, whose character becomes the Apprentice, realise that this is a long term gig that will require some level of dedication OOC. I am a very malleable and fair person, so when it comes to commitments IRL, illness etc. I am not unreasonable to expect you to still write and roleplay with me when there is stuff going on that takes you away from here. But I would expect any writer to want to grow and progress the philosophy, projects, plans and character as equally as I do my own.

- It is a requirement that any writer who participates in the Rule of Two philosophy to not be a metagamer or powergamer when it comes to their character. This means when we discuss roleplay OOC we don't try to forcefully learn or know things In Character in order to progress our characters (as I have experienced quite recently when I returned to the board, and something that still happens.) It also means not targeting a faction, or someones character, on the basis that you don't like them OOC and find justifications for trying to "attack" them IC.

- It is a requirement that any writer must be able to spell and write. Do you see this post? It has no grammatical or spelling mistakes in it. It is well structured and put together. It is clear and precise. I am willing to help others tidy up their posts and the writing that they contribute. But you must be ready to either match my writing in terms of how tidy and clean it is, by learning or already possessing the writing ability to match it. Style and how you word/describe things is up to you though. Everyone has their own unique writing style!

- It is a requirement that we are open and honest with each other OOC without things getting emotional or personal. You must be open to constructive criticism of your character, writing and it works the same in vice versa. If I don't like your post? I will tell you. I expect the same in return. Feedback is essential when moving forward.

- It is a requirement that you roleplay as a Sith. If you have a character or want to begin a character that isn't Sith at first, then that is fine, but the ultimate goal at the end is for your character to become Sith. If at a later date your character turns away from the dark side because "reasons" (developments made through roleplay) then that is also fine, it is your character. But realise your character is going to be evil in some sense of the word. Too many people feel uncomfortable with roleplaying things that an evil character would do in certain situations. For example, you are friends with someone OOC but you are in a position where you do something IC that will ultimately result in some work, or even their character, being ruined. Everything is fair game. No exceptions.

- Adding onto the last part I would expect you to be completely removed from the OOC aspect of roleplay. Friendships, enjoyment, liking others work, liking someone else's character etc. These things don't matter IC. You will be put into a position where, in order to accomplish goals IC, it warrants something bad happening to other peoples characters. So long metagaming and/or powergaming isn't used as the mechanism to accomplish a certain objective IC then everything else is fair game. We roleplay Star Wars. It involves tragedy, loss etc. Get in the right mindset.

If you can do the above requirements and like what you have read then feel free to apply down below.

Ella Nova said:
It is a requirement that any writer must be able to spell and write. Do you see this post? It has no grammatical or spelling mistakes in it.
Yes, it does.

This sentence -

It is a requirement that any writer, whose character becomes the Apprentice, realise that this is a long term gig that will require some level of dedication OOC.
- contains two commas too many, and "long-term gig" is missing a hyphen.

I'm sorry, but you did deserve that.

[member="Ella Nova"]

The fact is that 'errors' and 'mistakes' are synonymous terms. So yes if they are grammatical mistakes, they are grammatical errors. Just check a thesaurus. I know it is hard to Google the terms to double check elementary school level lessons. Or god forbid, pick up a physical copy of one and flip the pages to find it.

Funny then. Please explain:

noun
plural noun: mistakes

1. 1.

an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.
    "coming here was a mistake"

synonyms:

error, fault, inaccuracy, omission, slip, blunder, miscalculation, misunderstanding, oversight, misinterpretation, gaffe, faux pas, solecism; More

[member="Ella Nova"]

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

I haven't made a mistake by using a noun incorrectly in my opening post or any of the other posts I have made in this thread.

My freshman English Professor would be so proud of how well everyone is tearing apart this post. Yes, there may or may not be mistakes in it, but the main point is she is trying to find interactions and advance her character. Create a story so that she can enjoy herself and have fun on this site like we are all supposed to. Let her do that, and don't get dragged into this little bickering match. Makes everyone look like children. She may have been a bit too specific and straight forward in making this post the way she did, but yall coming in to tear it apart isn't helping the matter all that much.

Not trying to be rude or mean here, but I get tired at times seeing people gang up on other writers.

[member="Ella Nova"]

I like this post. I also believe I can fulfill all those requirement.

As for grammar mistakes or errors.....eh....let the kids, lonely men, and bored housewives have their fun. If any, sit back and be amused. I do :)

[member="Via Dolorosa"]

Well this answers my questions in the other thread if you're interested in becoming the apprentice. That could work splendidly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom