Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little time off never hurt anybody

Going out a little more so he was up to his upper chest in water, he demonstrated by reaching forward with one arm at a time, each stroke pushing him further along the water. "That's really all there is to it. Now you give it a try. Don't worry, if you go under I'll save ya."

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar followed Gherron's example and started the strokes, unsure at first, but a little more confident. She kept going until the water was up to her neck then turned back to look at him.

"So what happens next?"

[member="Gherron Vael"]

"For the most part, that's really all there is to it." Gherron chuckled and swam over to her. "However, there's a way to swim without that much work. Watch." With that, he flipped onto his back and just relaxed, smiling to himself. "This way, you just float and let your legs propel you."

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar tried to copy Gherron and went under instead of floating, then came back up sputtering and shaking the water out of her hair.

"Dang it, I'll try again."

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron stifled a laugh and swam a little closer, ready to help should his learner need it. "Just try to relax as you do it. Just lay there. Remember that you have to have air in your lungs, or you will just sink. Regulated breathing is the key here."

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar tried again, much more slowly this time, and managed to stay afloat for about half a minute before flipping back over, sending water everywhere. She laughed and smiled, she could swim!

"Wow. Just, wow."
[member="Gherron Vael"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar smiled and splashed at Gherron.

"I did, didn't I?"

She doggie paddled over to the shore and crawled up on it, soaked to the bone, and laughing. It felt good to laugh after staying enclosed all those years. She just lay there, laughing like someone who had heard the funniest joke in the world.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Laughing as well, Gherron swam to the shore after the girl, grabbing his towel to dry himself off. It was certainly fun being able to teach someone something new. It always have him a sort of exhilarating experience to see the joy it brought them. Skylar was now a swimmer, and maybe with more practice, she's get even better. Handing her the towel, he miles a little apologetically that it would be a little wet. At least she'd be a bit more dry, though.

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar took the towel thankfully and dried herself as much as she could. She laid down in the grass to let the rest of herself dry off in the sun. She looked at Gherron and smiled.

"Thank you for the lesson, Master Jedi. That was fun!"

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom