Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little time off never hurt anybody

Ah, Naboo. If there were ever a better example of how nature and cities could coexist, he didn't know it. After training his new padawan quite rigorously, the Jedi had decided to take just a little time off. After all, Rael could make it on his own for a week or two, he'd at least shown that much promise. After exploring one of the cities for an hour or two, Gherron had soon found himself at a small lake. Soon enough, he'd taken his outer robes off, and was busy soaking up in the cool water. The pleasures of Naboo... could it get any better than this?

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar could not think of a more beautiful planet. Nar Shaddaa could not compare in a single way to the flowing rivers, rolling hills, and the cleansing air that had done her some good after living on that dreadful planet for her whole life. She had taken to exploring the city she was in and the hills around it. That particular day when two paths would cross she had been walking near a small lake when she saw a young man get into the water. She froze, not knowing whether to approach him and make friends, or walk away and leave him be.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

It felt good to not have to do anything really pressing. Gherron's mind went to thinking about his former master then, and how he had jut appeared right out of the blue after so long? Would he know a bit about relaxing? Possibly. As far as he knew, the man always had something to do. It had done him well, however, getting him to be grandmaster of the order for a short time, and even a dragon. couldn't argue with that. As he lay in his own thoughts, the Jedi sensed a presence close by, which seemed to be observin him. Allowing a small smile to play on his lips, he pretended to talk to the tree sprouting in the water a few feet from him. "So, how've you been?" Pause. "Good! Yeah, I'm great. Say, have you seen any little girls around lately?"

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar tilted her head, confused as the man started to talk to the tree, and could not help but say something, brushing a piece of white hair out of her face.

"I do not think there is anyone behind the tree." Her own hand covered her mouth so she couldn't say anything else, and she backed up, realizing she had said that out loud.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Almost laughing out loud, Gherron turned around to glance at the girl. "You know, if you wanna say hi, all you gotta do is say hi." A small smirk covered his face. Looking up at her for a second, he cocked his head to the side. "What's your name?"

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar thought for a split second, lowered her hand, and replied with her last name, for secrecy.

"Ichor, and your name, sir?"

[member="Gherron Vael"]

"I'm Gherron. Nice to meet you, miss Ichor." He smiled again, realizing he was still in the water up to his chest. "Ah, you mind if I get out and dry off real quick? I'd imagine this conversation would go a bit better if I had some clothes on." After all, how many other people would have a casual conversation with a guy in his underwear?

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar nodded and headed for the woods, climbing up the nearest tree as best she could. She wasn't sure about this Gherron, if she could trust him or not, but who knows, sometimes there is more to a person than first meets the eye.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

When the girl disappeared from sight, Gherron walked out to where his clothes lay, quickly drying himself with a towel before getting dressed again. As he did, he wondered about the girl in question. He didn't come to Naboo very often, but there was something interesting about her. Of course, he felt that way about new people regardless, as his mind always wandered into its curious state. Clipping his lightsaber to his belt, he made sure everything was there before calling out, "You can come out now!"

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar hesitated as Gherron called out, then hopped down from the tree and into his view. She scanned him until her eyes fixed on the lightsaber.

"I'm sorry to have disturbed you, Master Jedi. I did not think I would stumble upon anyone out here."

She kept it formal, not wanting to accidentally say anything rash.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron chuckled, shaking his head softly. "It's alright, don't worry about it. And please, call me Gherron. Formalities are nice, but to be honest, look around." He gestured at the surrounding area, where they were the only two there. "Who's gonna know?"

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
"No one, I guess."

Skylar relaxed, the tension broken. She decided that this Jedi was okay to trust, it didn't take much to earn Skylar's trust.

"Oh, and call me Skylar, all formalities aside. It's nice to meet you, Gherron. I've never actually met a Jedi before."

[member="Gherron Vael"]

"Really?" Gherron was sure other Jedi must have come to Naboo before him. Though on the flip side, it probably made sense. Naboo was somewhat of a political planet, and as far as he knew, politicians didn't appreciate Jedi getting in their way. "So, what were you doing, before I so rudely interrupted you?"

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar sort of nodded.

"Never been off Nar Shaddaa until now."

When Gherron asked her what she had been doing, and replied with a shrug.

"Exploring, hiking, breathing fresh air instead of toxic air for once. What were you doing before I interrupted you?"

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar pushed her naturally white hair out of her face and adjusted her pendant's chain.

"Not many get to learn to swim in the fray of a galaxy at war, but those who know how to may refrain from teaching the latter. Learning to swim may save someone's life in the years to come."

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron thougt about the girl' swords for a second then. "Youbdont know how to swim, do you? Would you like to learn?" He was always happy to teach others new things. It was one of his many hobbies, and possibly why'd he'd taken so well to having a padawan. He'd be more than happy to teach someone how to swim. It was like [member="Skylar Ichor"] said, the skill could save life potentially.

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar nodded grimly when Gherron asked if she didn't know how to swim. She brightened up when he asked her if she'd like to, and she smiled slightly.

"I would l like that, if you want to teach me. You don't usually get to learn on Nar Shaddaa, but one of the things you can learn here."

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron chuckled at that. He'd been to Nar Shadda, and it was true. It wasn't his kind of place anyway. No rivers or forests. Just a big city. "Whelp, first thing's first, we gotta get in the water." Trying not to look too awkward, he got back down to his underwear and got back into the lake, making sure to stay in the shallow end by the shore.

[member="Skylar Ichor"]

Skylar Ichor

S
Skylar didn't bother to take anything off, except her shoes since she could change back in her hotel room, and got into the water. The water went up to her waist as she looked up at Gherron.

"So, what's the next step?"

She didn't trust him fully, but if she didn't drown, Gherron would earn it.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom