Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Little R&R

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

The resounding sound of a WESTAR-34 rang through the restaurant.

One hand still wrapped around the Twi'lek girl, the other with a vice grip on an ancient and rusty blaster pistol. The barrel of the rifle was smoking, the Trandoshan had a very large scorch mark on his stomach, the massive lizard being barreled over on the ground in pain. Trandoshan's had unnaturally thick skin, they were somewhat blaster resistant to, allowing the alien to live.

Kurt just stood, his blaster hanging there. "I did say, 'scuse me."

It was the kind of line one would expect from a kid like him, a man trying to look cooler than he actually was.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

And just like that, a brawl broke out.

There were Skar's friends who weren't taking so nicely having him shot at. Then there were the waitresses who were trying to encourage the patrons from getting out of the way. This wasn't even including the burly bartenders coming in to act the role of a bouncer. Having folk fight at Yum Bunnies was an idiotic thing. It was a sure as fire way to get you blacklisted quicker than the Prime Minster's newest bounty.

So once Skar went crashing against the table and the wall, the Gamorrean next to him gave a mighty squeal. Thick hams of arms would seek to knock the peashooter to the left. A strawberry blonde of a woman came from the right. Holding a rather large jug of water, she came over to slam the glass over his head. Water and glass scattered everywhere.

... and it only pissed off the piggy more.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

He let out a curse.

It wasn't that Kurt didn't appreciate the assistance from the woman, but it just made things more difficult. "Sorry, babe."

The words were said to the Twi'lek, who gave him half a confused look before her eyes suddenly got big. Kurt dropped the woman, letting her fall a few inches into the booth that he had been sitting in a few moments before. The action was followed by a quick twist, the massive Gammorrean jumping towards him, slamming his fists into the table where Kurt had been standing.

Kurt slid across the floor, his blaster pointing towards the floor.

He pulled the trigger twice, shooting the pig in the foot twice. He squeeled loudly, unable to keep himself upright as Kurt delivered a swift kick to the mans knee. The hulking alien buckled over and fell to the floor, crashing onto his friend as Kurt took a step back.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Lana went sprawling across the floor, scattering on hands and knees to avoid the commotion as the Nine Hells broke loose. Security came in, weaving through the alarmed patrons and the sea of scattered peanuts, wings, and beer. Lament the alcohol abuse!

"No wait, it ain't -- " well by then it was too late.

That was just about the time another came to swing at Kurt's face. It came swiftly as the paddle guns exploded with their numbing beams. Rather unprejudiced either, as the beams were directed at the one aiming to sucker punch the upstart as much as the crew who started the brawl to begin with.

They were not taking any chances.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

He felt the punch connect with his face, knuckles pressing against the skin of his flesh and pressing muscle and skin out of the way. The force of the blow threw him to the ground, the clatter of his body crashing against the floor just as a hail of paddle beam fire began to roar through the room.

As luck would have it, the punch had sent him clear of the bolts, and as security hailed down a storm of paddle beams Kurt simply found himself laying on the floor.

It was an oddly relaxing position, his legs and arms sprawled out, his head turned to the side, a trickle of blood falling from the corner of his mouth. The blaster was still looped around his index finger, his hand half folded around the grip. His eyes searched the restaurant, though with his head tilted to one side he didn't really see much. Big baby blues locked onto the lethan twi'lek under the table, her hands over her head and her face contorted in a mixture of fear and shock.

He smiled at her, a soft reassuring smile. "You're alright, darlin', it'll be over in a sec."

The words were little more than a whisper over the sound of paddle beam fire, but the twi'lek seemed to hear it, her body ceasing its shaking.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"LANA git!" That voice from earlier fell down in between the Lethan and the Ace. It was the strawberry blonde again. She had some sort of backpack on her. How random. Well there was no real time to figure out just what was going on, not with the woman gesturing for the Twi'lek to help her.

"Help me get him out of here!" A closer look would reveal her to be human. Golden skin. Big brown eyes. Strawberry blonde hair. Her tight white shirt and the black short shorts labeled her one of the waitresses. Arms went snaking under Kurt's armpits, and with surprising strength, she would start dragging him back away from the commotion.

"Keep your head down, partner." her drawl breathed by his ear. "I got your sweet ass covered."

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

He flailed slightly, not expecting to be lifted up and off of the ground.

Oh he didn't mind a woman with a strong hand, he didn't even mind one telling him what to do, and he certainly didn't mind one commenting on his sweet ass. Yet he did mind when it was all a surprise. Truthfully just a few seconds ago he had thought about what the cells on the trade station were like and whether or not they would charge him with assault, now it seemed he was being dragged back and upward into something he had no choice in.

"Wooow Sweetheart!" Kurt said as the woman pulled him back. "Might want to warn a guy first."

His eyes caught the twi'leks lekku again as he said the words, bad experiences with women sneaking up behind him.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Hot breath reminiscent of sweet strawberry candies fell over the prone man as she wiggled him back behind a table.

"Surprise!" she said in a glib mock, breathless as the sounds of the scuffle would come to a climax. "Oh good golly, you're bleeding like a stuck bantha." she spat out, on her knees in front of him with that tight shirt and the mass of strawberry blonde hair.

A brush of her cool hand sent his hair on back, and finally wide chocolate brown eyes appraised him with a one over. As if the blood on his nose was an affront, she shoved a kitchen towel right against his face.

"Here, put pressure on that right there." Groans and whimpers came across the din, the last heavy thud of the would be troublemakers out for the count.

"He done got you real good."

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

It only occurred to him now that he had indeed been punched in the face, odd, he thought he might have noticed that earlier. He frowned slightly, looking over at the girl, and then briefly down the front of the tight white fabric that rocked with a gentle mammaquitia as she moved about. His head shook slightly, and briefly he wondered if he had died and was now in some sort of strawberry blonde survive heaven.

He moved the towel away from his face, checking the blood that now spotted it.

"Well." Kurt said in a soft tone. "Maybe you can kiss it and make it better."

He was starting to feel a tad woozy now, though he was unsure if it was the punch to the face of the presence of the woman beside him. Kurt was almost entirely sure that it was the former, but sometimes it was rather difficult to tell.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"You've already got your quota of the day for kisses!" Her hand would come up to press the towel by his nose. Things were starting to quiet down now, and it appeared that the bouncers were taking out the trash. Lana on the right began to slowly get up, giving a wince or two as she did so. His would be savior told him to "Stay put." moving over to help the Lethan to her feet.

"Easy, easy." she told her, bringing her up to her feet. That's when both caught sight of the mess. Ah, hell, this was gonna take all night too. Shoulders sagged a bit, but the strawberry blonde gave a hopeful grin over to Lana.

"Well... you did say you wanted an excuse to go home." she joked lightly, aware that the woman would be able to call off for the night now. Things just get all kinds of complicated now. That's when Zen came over, his eyes boring down Kurt as if he was gonna toss him out the airlock.

"No no! Not him!" Kailie would immediately wave her hands up to get Zen's attention. "He's the one that helped here Lana." A gesture would point to the bleeding man with the kitchen towel shoved by his nose.

"He ain't gonna hurt a thing!"

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

Kurt finally let go of his blaster, letting the old rusted weapon fall to the ground so that he could give the bouncer a rousing thumbs up.

The action hurt slightly, a wince carrying through him as a pain lanced through his shoulder. He'd probably hurt it when he fell to the floor. Shifting slightly, he leaned his head back as the commotion around the restaurant began to die down. It seemed that security had made quick work of everyone, and the people that Kurt had shot were now being dragged away by one person or another, pulled to some place that he couldn't quite see.

His eyes fell on the strawberry blonde eventually, his lips thinning slightly as he tried to decipher the words she'd said.

Already received his quota?

What a ridiculous statement that was. He'd just saved a girls life! Probably apprehended some sort of criminal, and on top of it all he was bleeding! Kurt was going to have a word with her about quotas and just rewards for heroics when this was all settled, that was for sure.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

It would appear her words would coax a halt of whatever manner of reckoning Meyer would have been dealt. Instead, Kurt was now stuck with the perky strawberry blonde. The brown eyed girl came scooting down beside him to her knees. One hand came up to make sure he had that dishcloth pressed snugly by his nose.

After all he could still breathe from his mouth!

"Don't let your hand dip now." her drawl came floating on over the Tatooine man. A rather bossy sweet thing she was, studying him over with a mild scrunch of her face.

"You reckon you can get on your feet? I'll take you on back and we can get you looked at proper. "

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

"Weird." Kurt muttered to himself. "Usually women are begging me to have my hand go lower."

It was barely above a whisper, drowned out by the creaking effort of dragging himself to his feet. In retrospect there wasn't really much pain. Sure he had been punched in the face, but it didn't hurt all that much. It was a dull aching throb, and later he would likely have a killer headache, but it was at least a manageable pain, something that he could do with. Nothing a shot or two wouldn't fix down the line.

Kurt took two steps forward, bending down to scoop up the blaster that had slid on the floor.

He inspected the weapon with a careful eye, looking it over for any additional cracks of dents. The weapon was already ancient by any definition, banged up and rusty beyond any reason, but Kurt seemed satisfied by the small inspection and slowly slid the weapon back into his holster. "Will you be looking after me?"

The pilot smiled at her, lips half hidden by the towel.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kaile's hand would clap right on Kurt's shoulder, and a cheeky half snort came from her mouth then.

"Well reckon you need some lookin' after seein' how you saved here Lana," she encouraged him on with a gentle shove. "Come on cowboy, get on movin'." Lana was likely to say and give her portion of thanks anyways soon enough.

"We'll get you cleaned up and maybe something more," she chuckled out. For what had just occurred, she seemed to be in remarkable good spirits. Just perky and cheeky.

"As for looking after, I guess you got a choice. Big Ben or me." A gesture was given towards the direction of the kitchen. 'Big Ben,' was apparently a rather burly male Besalisk.

"I hear he has the gentlest hands." she quipped with notable sass.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

A slight bit of pain marked through his shoulder as she touched him, a sign that he had earlier landed on it when he had gone clattering to the ground.

The Injury reminded him of one he had gotten as a child. There was no direct pain, just a dull aching throb that stuck in his muscles. He knew that with a bit of time, and stretching, the limb would be perfectly okay. The blood on his face was what concerned him the most, without his good looks he wouldn't be able to get anywhere. A frown tugged at his lips for a moment, then he shook his head. Chicks digs scars.

"No." Kurt said in reply to her as he began to be pushed in the direction she wanted. "I prefer my nurses to be a little rough."

A wink went to her, then he pressed the towel tighter against his face.

He could still feel the blood oozing down the side of his face, not fresh anymore, but slowly dripping onto the floor. Briefly he wondered how the Trandoshan was doing. He had let off quite a good shot into the aliens stomach. Kurt hadn't meant to kill him, but you never knew with the over sized chameleons. "How's the Lizard?"

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

"Oh him?" Kaile would give a half laugh, guiding Kurt down the corridor towards the kitchen. "He's the Sector Champion in shockboxing," she flashed him a cheeky grin, "He can take a few knocks to his hard head." and perhaps a slug or two.

"He'll be fine." she would assure him, leading him past the entryway towards the kitchen. The scent of Nuna winks, Bantha burgers, nerfsteaks all combined into an overwhelming wall of comfort food. Pots and pans clattered, a few words were shouted out towards the line cooks. Despite the brawl, they knew that business would pick up again soon enough. It was how it was. There was never a night off in a Yum Bunnies Restaurant and Bar.

"You're the one bleeding like a stuck womprat at the sector fair," she teased, leading him beyond the kitchen down towards the back where the lounge and changing rooms were at. A few 'bunnies' would pass them here and there, giving curious looks and murmured concerns that Kaile waved off.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you the definition of a Hero there, bud?"

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

A scoff passed his lips.

Hero? No. Champion? Maybe.

He had never considered himself a hero, had never even wanted to be one. When he was a kid his friends all pretended to be Jedi, all his friends thought about what it would be like to save the innocent and help everyone. All Kurt ever wanted to be was a pod racing champion. It was a dream that he had achieved, and it was one that had been everything he hoped for. In the end though, he hadn't stuck with it, maybe because he realized that being a champion wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

Kurt imagined it was the same for being a hero. "I'm not a hero."

There was insistence in his tone.

"I saw a pretty girl being pawed at." He explained. "I decided I'd paw at her instead."

Not necessarily the truth, but that didn't matter. He pressed the towel against his face and gave a half wink to an attractive blonde woman that passed them by, half turning to check out her rear. A small giggled escaped her lips, and slowly she ambled towards the kitchen and out into the restaurant.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Wasn't quite where she was going with it. But he looked to darn cute acting like he was despite the towel shoved against his nose. A roll of her eyes and a shake of her head would send her amused reply, " I'm sure Lana won't mind t'all."

And odds were, she rightly wouldn't and do some grateful pawing herself!

As it was, stepping into the lounge area meant now she could take a look at his wounds without the chaos around them. There were a few of the girls here too. Trixi, Mari, Sondra. All in their Yum Bunny outfits and with their black lepi ears comically perked in various directions. One might wonder of the headbands were actually real.

"Go on now, quit your dillydallying!" Kaile would shoo them off, sending Kurt over to side down on the accelerator couch there after. A flounce made her sashay her way over towards where they had the medical kit stashed.

"Think you need to go see a doc?" she'd call over her shoulder.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Kaile Vera"]

Kurt watched the girls file out of the room one by one. His eyes lingered on each of them, bright baby blues staring without a care in the world, his face brandishing more pity than ire. What a shame.

He thought to himself as they left.

Perhaps he had been hoping for multiple nurses, perhaps a few hands to make him feel better about what had happened in the past hour. Such a thing would have been grand, though he could tell that the one remaining woman in the room was hellbent on having him to her own, maybe that was a good thing in it of itself. Slowly he made his way over towards the couch, plopping himself down on it without much of a care. The leather sagged down under his weight.

"Nah." He answered truthfully.

There was only a dull throb left now. He would probably need a stitch or two, but he could do that himself with a mirror. "Though if you want to play doctor, I wouldn't object."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

With a medkit in both hands, Kaile sassed him with a quirky grin. Sauntering on back, she gave a half snort and shook her head.

"Well my methodology don't involve kissing to make it better, buckaroo," she would quip with a laugh, setting the medkit down beside him on the couch. "And I reckon that would require me to get the other costume set and that take some time."

If she was being serious or not, that was up in the air, but the light charm she held about her coated it with a honeyed image. Her finger would gesture to the towel by his nose.

"Alright. Let's take a look at there mug of yours." she bent over to take a stool, that fuzzy white bunny tail coming to focus for a moment. A second later, she set her perch in front of him, the expression in her eyes still as saucy and lighthearted as ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom