Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little more...a little less...

Admiral Quee's quarters, Champion-class Star Destroyer Obi-Wan Kenobi, near a Republic world

"...and next on your schedule sir is a meeting with a representative of Emeritus Industries," started C-6PO.

The admiral turned to face the droid, "Radiation weaponry, if I recall correctly?"

"And protective armor to go with it."

Gir nodded, "It is always good to have more tools in the tool box...especially against more unorthodox opponents."

"Yes sir, I imagine it is," said the droid, waddling up to the room's holo-projector, "if I may sir?"

Gir nodded in assent, "By all means."

The droid tapped a button on the holo-projector and begin to give him a brief rundown on the Dicobaltyne Jezzail Pistol and the Agrinium Rad Exoskeleton that went with it. It was unlikely that the protocol droid would be able to answer all of the questions about the products, but it was good enough for Gir to understand the basics of them for his talks with the company's representative.

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Gir Quee"]

It was a rare opportunity Vanessa Kuhn could take that would get her company the necessary business - and yet here she was, ready and willing to deliver to the Republic an armament capable of easily devastating almost anything the One Sith could bring out. A weapon of such potent radioactive capability would allow for anyone, even a lowly Republic trooper, to cause tremendous devastation to even the most powerful of Sith Lords. Armaments with lethal levels of radioactivity caused such irreversible cellular degeneration that not even the Dark Side could keep alive an afflicted body.

"Admiral... You're going to love what I have for you."

Gir eyed Vanessa Kuhn and let a faint glimmer of a smile briefly crease his face. It was true that the technology looked very promising what he had a read. It was promising enough that the quartermaster corps had sent the possiblity of a contract up to him as quickly as they could. And Gir knew that the technology had to have impressed not only several of the quartermaster officers, but several divisional commanders as well given all of the strings that took to get to his desk. Still, Gir was one of those old-fashioned people who liked to see with his own eyes (as much as possible) before he judged. He nodded.

"The technology certainly looks impressive, and the reputation is strong," admitted Gir, "but what can I say? I'm more one of those seeing is believing type of people. What do you have to show me today?"

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Gir Quee"]

"This." A smile crossed her face as she opened up the case she had brought with her. "A radiation pistol capable of emitting over three kilorads of ionizing radiation in the form of a particle beam. This weapon is something I know the Republic needs - after all, this can kill Sith, Yuuzhan Vong bioforms... all sorts of fun stuff like that." She smiled.

"What do you think?"

Gir bobbed his head up and down as he eyed the pistols, "It certainly sounds strong in theory. Some things that we cannot see are quite capable of killing us, as the sith are wont to demonstrate to our troops time after time again. It will be nice to have them on the receiving end of it for once. But I suppose that we also have to worry about being on the receiving end of that too."

His eyes briefly seem to become glazed over. Radiation...I've seen it kill enough people too...reactor accidents, getting too close to a pulsar star...so many ways for a Republic soldier to die from it. And this pistol may end up giving us another avenue to that end too if we're not careful...

"I understand that there is some protection equipment that you recommend using in conjunction with this pistol, am I right in that?"

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"You would be correct." She nodded. "An Agrinium Rad-Exoskeleton is highly recommended to be worn by anyone who uses these weapons. Agrinium being the radiation-deflecting material it is, even a light layer of the material will ensure the wearer is protected from poisoning even in the most tainted of environments." Cautiously she removed the gun from its case, reaching into the back and removing what appeared to be the 'chamber:' the sealed source of the weapon. "This is a pretty simple design, admittedly - the particle beam pulses through the source and chips away at the material inside on a microscopic level, imbibing the beam with a radioactive potency of three kilorads - enough to ensure the death of a human in less than forty-eight hours. Their body will slowly but surely end up dying, an agonizing death befitting such abominable criminals. The effects... are obvious within minutes."

She smiled - this weapon was a weapon built to ensure death at most and suffering at least. Perhaps the rifle would have power settings.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir managed to plaster a polite smile across his face as she spoke the last few sentences. The admiral had little to no liking of the Sith, Vong or sithspawn allied to the One Sith's cause, yet he found her speech a little chilling. Then again, there are probably countless of Republic soldiers and citizens who probably feel the exact same way...the destruction and terror that the One Sith and their Vong have wrought on the galaxy has been horrific. Maybe they do deserve to die like that...He quickly moved to dismiss the thoughts from his head.

"Simple is oftentimes better," mused the admiral, eying the blaster intently, "less things to go wrong, especially in the rough and tumble environment of ground combat. I'm certain that many troops will appreciate that simplicity."

The man rose up to walk towards the case.

"Would it theoretically be possible to make a larger version of the weapon?" asked the blonde man, "it seems almost certain that this weapon will adopted with great zest by many of our soldiers, though I can help wonder if some of them will want something with a bit more reach, if it is possible. I'm certain the pistol will provide great stopping power in any sort of close quarters combat that our troops could find themselves in."

[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Gir Quee"]

"Of course... but only up to a certain degree. From there, we would need to think of different ways to launch high levels of radioactivity at a target, preferably in the scale of small nuclear ordnance in the tons to decatons range." Such was all she could think of - a nuclear revolution, poisoning the very life of the ground, mutating creatures of all types.

"Destruction of the Dark Side. Total annihilation."

Gir nodded as he eyed the product. No such thing as a silver bullet...but this is probably the closest we've been able to get to with Vong and Sithspawn technology...if such things can be called that. One day...but I'm getting ahead of myself...we have to seal this deal first. The blonde man eyed the woman intently.

"I think your products speak for themselves," started Gir, "so lets talk logistics. What would it take for the Republic to start getting regular deliveries of this equipment to supply our defense forces? I'm assuming that if the quartermaster corps hasn't presented one to your company yet, or if you do not find the current acceptable, that we should hammer out the basics of it now."

[member="Enigma"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom