Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Little Elbow Grease

JEDI TEMPLE, CORUSCANT
HANGAR BAY, NIGHT

Zoar never felt more alive than when he was elbow-deep in machinery.

There was something so satisfying about it. With his own two paws, he could turn useless piles of junk into... serviceable piles of junk. He could give life to something without life, using only his tools, his wits, and a bit of persistence. The act of creating machinery was almost like meditation for the young Miln, where he could let his troubles flow past, and he could simply be in the moment. Until he hit a snag, of course.

Standing on a tucked-away workstation, the mousy Jedi labored over the sprawled form of his power armor, hands shoved within the complex machinery of it's chest cavity. The flashing light of a hydrospanner lit up Zoar's rodentoid features, flickering along his cybernetics, stray sparks scorching his dark jacket. Whatever he was doing seemed to peev him, his long, whip-like tail twitching in annoyance as he mumbled curses under his breath.

"Dumb, stupid idiot..."

The Jedi padawan had noticed a few mistakes with his armor's systems. Specifically, the shoulder joints were catching on wiring, wearing out the electronics, and slowing it's movements. Trying to rewire everything around the issue was proving to be a challenge. One that he was entirely engrossed in.

The tools in his room had failed him, so he was forced into the public space of a lesser-used area of the hangar bay. Thankfully, he was here late at night. There was no chance of anyone walking in and seeing him.

- Addison Porte Addison Porte -

Um9wLtZ.png

Addison stuffed the last of her clothing and personal items into a large duffle except for the spanking new rebel orange flight suit she'd be wearing tomorrow, then placed the bag on the floor next to the bed in her shared quarters located in the padawan wing of the Jedi temple on Coruscant.

The stay hadn't been very long, only a few months actually, but it had led to the next assignment she'd take and a coveted one at that; a stint with one of the Galactic Alliance's elite fighter squadrons. I mean, who could pass that up?! There'd always be time to train further in the Force, right? Or why couldn't she just do both whiles on tour with the squadron, hmm? Time would tell.

Now that Addy had finished off the last of her checklist of things to do before departure, her mind and body were a whirl with excitement and yes, nervous energy too much to try and sleep. It was a big step she was undertaking, but following in her mother's footsteps seemed like a natural progression to the younger Porte woman. I mean, she basically could fly before walking!

Letting her roommate sleep without any further disturbance as it was very late, Addy went for a walk about the reconstructed temple to clear her head. And of course, the Taanabian's strides took her to the hangar bay. A tinkerer at heart she was and it called to her. A few hours with her head elbow deep into a starfighter engine with the smell of coolant and grease was as good as the same amount of time in meditation. Funny how that worked!

Stepping off the turbolift still dressed in her olive green Jedi jumpsuit from earlier, hazel brown orbs perused the cavernous bay. At first look, there were just a couple of civilian hangar techs milling about ... Were they setting up for a card game with smaller crates on either side of a larger one? Addison just shook her dark head and continued to walk further into the hangar towards a lesser-used area; one in fact she liked to hide away in. It was not so much that the brunette Jedi wanted to be alone but the ritual was comforting and brought her peace.

Before reaching the secluded bay in the back of the hangar, Addy could sense that there was someone there already. It was confirmed when she ducked underneath the nose of a damaged X-wing that had basically been put out to pasture in that space.

An amused yet friendly smile grew on the chestnut beauty's lips as the small being, a Miln she believed, worked feverishly with a meticulous fashion on a set of power armor several times his size.

"Well hello there... Hope I'm not intruding? Anything I can do to help? I'm Addison by the way. I often come to tinker here late at night too."

Last edited:

Zoar had his entire upper body into the metal ribcage of his suit, trying to somehow get at the joint upside-down. His tail whipped around haphazardly, half to keep his balance in the precarious position, and half in abject frustration. The string of quiet curses continued.

Maybe if he made the suit feel bad enough, it would fix itself.

"Well hello there..."

"EEP!!" The startled Zoar squeaked, hitting his head on the torso of Golem as he pulled it out. Without much thought, the little Miln dove under the workbench, accidentally pushing some tools out onto the floor in his mad attempt to hide.

There was a moment of embarrassed pause. "Uh... hello, Addison. Nice to meet you. My name's Zoar."

He spoke in a conversational tone, as if he hadn't just been scrambling to hide. "Well, I've been having issues with the shoulder joint of my suit. I threaded a bunch of wires next to it, like a dummy. I've been trying to rewire the power cables around the joint, but I'm not... really big enough to reach it."

The disembodied voice under the workbench seemed to swallow some pride. "I'd... appreciate the assist."

- Addison Porte Addison Porte -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom