Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Lamp Unto My Feet

Alicio fully turned to Lancelot, his lightsaber dipping to his side. "I know for a fact that the Csillans did everything they could to save their planet. The Chiss Ascendancy was likely the most pragmatic faction in the galaxy. I doubt morality stayed their hand, when their planet was on the line." Alicio's aide, Orso, was from the destroyed world. The idea that just a bit more viciousness would have saved them... it irked him.

"And there's a difference between fighting as hard as you can to save your planet, and..." And mutilating countless Jedi Knights to send a message, he didn't say. He held his tongue, instead looking away. Bad-mouthing House Io wouldn't prove his point, and wouldn't be productive. "...And going further than you have to."

Galahad's comment soothed his growing temper, instead piquing his curiosity. "So... Why isn't House Io associated with other Sith? Why help enemies of most Sith, even when unwelcome? Why the pursuit for..." Alicio seemed to lose his trail of thought, turning his head to the side, mouth open slightly, as if he were tasting the air.

Something growled low from within the tomb. Something coming this way.

- Galahad Io -

Dev Ossian

D
Lance let Alicio rail against him, then turned to Galahad. “You forgot one of our finest victories, brother,” he said. “We destroyed the Silver Rest. That was an atrocity. Our bombs killed children in their classrooms, New Jedi Order style. And yet we’re winning our war against them.”

Galahad knew there was more to the decline of the Silvers than just House Io’s brutal assault, but everything Lance had said was technically true. He also knew that mentioning the destruction of the Silver Rest in Alicio’s presence was not very tactful. Lance knew this as well, no doubt—but as he had already stated, he did not care what the Senator of Alderaan thought of him. He was a zealot, a fanatic.

“And what about Rhand?” Lance continued. “The CIS, back when they still existed, made a pathetic attempt to liberate that planet from the Maw. When they got there, the fleet got into this time-wasting debacle trying to free some slaves on a single worldship. Meanwhile, the Maw used that worldship's weapons to glass their own planet while the ‘good guys’ were obsessing over a handful of slaves…”

Lance,” Galahad said calmly. “If you don’t shut up, I will disable your vocabulator.

“You can’t do that,” Lance replied smugly, believing it to be a bluff. “I don’t give a damn what this girly nerf herder thinks, and you only care insofar as it stops him from attacking us. Coward!—”

Galahad raised his left arm and pointed it toward Lance. There was a faint hum of power being redirected, then Lance’s hand flew to his throat, his lips moving soundlessly in a vain attempt at speech.

It’s my own invention,” Galahad explained. “Very useful for keeping loud-mouthed Neutralizers quiet in the library. Don’t worry, it’ll only last about fifteen minutes. Then you can ramble on at your leisure.

Now, to answer your question, Alicio…

But of course, they were interrupted once more. Lance, gagged but not defanged, immediately ran down deeper into the darkness to meet this new adversary head-on. The red glow of blaster fire lit up the void, painting the sandstone walls in bloody hues.

“You forgot one of our finest victories, brother. We destroyed the Silver Rest. That was an atrocity. Our bombs killed children in their classrooms, New Jedi Order style. And yet we’re winning our war against them.”

Alicio's eye twitched. He held his lightsaber tighter in his hand, pointedly looking away from Lance, the muscles of his jawline bunching as he grated his teeth.

“And what about Rhand? The CIS, back when they still existed, made a pathetic attempt to liberate that planet from the Maw. When they got there, the fleet got into this time-wasting debacle trying to free some slaves on a single worldship. Meanwhile, the Maw used that worldship's weapons to glass their own planet while the ‘good guys’ were obsessing over a handful of slaves…”

Alicio was slow to anger. But such a careless attitude towards the deaths of innocent people, thrown into his argument proudly, set him off. The Dark Side in the tomb mantled Alicio's shoulders, pressing down upon him, threatening to overtake his reason. He nearly rounded on the warrior, anger flashing in his eyes. That was, until Galahad silenced his brother.

Alicio let the weight lift from him, flashing a frown towards the pacifist. "You don't win an argument by silencing your opponent," he said simply, but a hint of relief was clear on his face.

Their conversation was interrupted by a roar from the shadows, and Lance was quick to charge. "Wait!," the Count barked, before sighing, and speeding after the hasty android, Introspect flashing behind him.

The creature was enormous. Twenty feet tall, with dusky-brown skin, long clawed hands, and a frill that rattled and roiled with it's roar of fury. Blaster bolt after blaster bolt sunk into it's tough hide, not slowing it's breakneck pace, as it attempted to step on Lance.

Still blanketed in some of that righteous fury from before, Alicio used the Force to push the beast's heel away, hopefully buying the chaplain a moment.

This was no Sith monstrosity, Alicio realized after a moment of sensing it's presence. It was just an animal. An angry, cornered, dangerous animal, but just an animal nonetheless.

- Galahad Io -

Dev Ossian

D
<<I’m going to get back at you for this.>>

While Lance’s vocabulator had been disabled, his technopathy channels remained open, sending instantaneous messages directly to his brother’s brain.

<<You crossed a line,>> Galahad replied. <<I’d rather not see you and the Senator at each other’s throats.>>

<<I could kill him easily. What’s his life to you?>>

<<A life. No more, and no less.>>

While Alicio was clearly trying to restrain himself, Galahad could tell he was angry. Relations between the group had cooled; things would likely not be so amiable going forward. Which was a shame, because he found the Senator of Alderaan to be surprisingly thoughtful and likable for a politician.

Galahad ran after Lance and Alicio, and with them came face to face with a huge animal. Lance was nearly stepped on by the creature’s enormous foot, but he managed to escape being crushed by running between the monster's legs.

Alicio seemed to be hesitating. “What is it?” Galahad asked.

In the meantime, Lance shot into the air, propelled by the repulsor cells in his feet, and managed to grab hold of the creature by its back frills. He had abandoned his blaster, and was clearly trying to get a better angle to the jurgoran’s head. Whatever he was planning, it needed to be precise, because he could only afford one shot at it…

Galahad was quick to pick up on Alicio's pause. The Count gave him a knowing glance, flashing his blade in front of him in a defensive posture. "It's trying to escape past us," he said simply, before taking the steps down two at a time.

The jurgoran was too large to fully maneuver in the stairwell, it's claws grasping for the Io on his back, but unable to gain purchase. It decided to grate it's back against one of the walls, in an attempt to shake the persistent android. Alicio made sure to stay in front of Galahad, jabbing and prodding with his blade, as if to get the creature moving.

The beast slashed down at him with a stray hand, and was rewarded for it's efforts with a lightsaber through it's palm. Alicio didn't even notice until a moment after that a stray claw had cut a long line across his forearm.

He disregarded the pain, continuing to attempt to force the jurgoran away. It seemed like Lance had a plan. Despite their idealogical differences, Alicio would be there to help if he needed it.

- Galahad Io -

Dev Ossian

D
Galahad watched with growing anxiety as the jurgoran scratched its back against the wall, trying to scrape Lance off. The Chaplain leaped up on top of its head while it was distracted with Alicio, and opened his mouth…

As though guessing what his brother had planned, Galahad seized Alicio and pulled him as far away as he could. Lance unleashed the sonic weapon in his throat upon the beast, aiming for its brain. Sonic waves shook the very walls of the structure, causing dust and bits of stone to shower from the ceiling.

It was, in retrospect, perhaps not the best plan. Especially if Lance wound up bringing the whole tomb structure down on them...

Alicio took a half-step back, watching as Lance struggled to climb the monumental beast, grasping at his forearm tenderly. Something felt off, an inescapable, hidden danger Alicio could sense, but was just beyond his vision.

Galahad was able to grab the Alderaanian, dragging him to relatively safety as the sonic weapon went off. Alicio heard it twice- once an echo from the future, and then again with the real thing. The taste of sharp, biting zinc flooded his tongue, as he covered his ears, coughing uncontrollably.

Good news, the threat was neutralized. The jurgoran's brain turned to soup, as it fell to the ground, every orifice of it's body leaking with red.

Bad news, the rumbling didn't stop when the sonic organ did. Long lines of dust fell from the ceiling, as the temple seemed to shift and grate with the shockwave.

It wasn't falling, yet. But the notion wasn't out of the question.

Ears still ringing, tongue numb with the taste, Alicio shot a grateful glance Gal's way. "Thanks. Really." Then, he glanced where he last saw Lance. "Hey! Are you okay?," he shouted over.

- Galahad Io -

Last edited:

Dev Ossian

D
Lance appeared from behind the creature's fallen body, a smug grin on his face as he looked directly at his brother.

<<You may have disabled my vocabulator, but you couldn't disable my sonic organ!>>

<<Unfortunate. It is unwise to use sonic weapons inside an unstable structure.>>

Detaching from Alicio, Galahad's hand came away wet. "You're bleeding," he announced, as though the Senator were unaware of his wound. "I am not a Medical Neutralizer, but I do have some basic first aid training and supplies. We do not use bacta, so no need to worry about any allergies."

After having confirmed that the brasher of the two brothers was still alive, Alicio nodded once his direction. He didn't like Lance, but that was hardly reason to want him dead.

He shrugged off Galahad's concern, simply putting a light hand on his forearm, and letting the Force mantle him once more. "I'll be okay," he said, a strange, new confidence having filled his tone.

Trust.

The pressure in the air turned to power, and the wound began to close, until it was nothing more than a jagged red line marring his skin. Alicio inspected his handiwork with a critical eye- he would have to show it to Amani for the finishing touches later.

"Well, I think any hope of a quiet, unobtrusive entrance has been scattered, but... we should be alright to continue. As long as the ceiling doesn't collapse." Alicio glanced mistrustfully at the newly-formed hairline fractures in the walls. This place was built to last, but manmade structures could only hold up so well after thousands of years.

They continued on.

"We were talking about House Io, before," Alicio mentioned as they walked, still traveling down the long series of steps. The air grew colder and colder, the lower they traveled. "Your leadership is Sith. Why don't they work with other Sith? Why oppose the Maw at Tython?"

- Galahad Io -

Dev Ossian

D
Galahad watched with undisguised fascination as Alicio healed himself with the Force. Since meeting the Senator, he had seen more subtle uses of the cosmic energy field, but never anything as blunt and nakedly defined as closing a wound in a matter of seconds. This was what he had been designed to venerate—the power to heal, and to destroy, forever beyond his reach.

He had to tear his eyes away, glancing belatedly up at the cracks in the ceiling. His gaze then flicked toward Lance, who held up seven fingers with a malicious grin. He was counting down the minutes until his vocabulator was unlocked again.

The ceiling will not collapse immediately,” Galahad said. “So long as we are careful not to disturb it any more than we already have.” They had already hastened the natural processes of deterioration and decay, a fact that was lamentable.

He followed Alicio as they headed deeper into the tomb. The Senator resumed their previous conversation, and Galahad couldn’t help but relish in Lance’s silence. He finally felt like he could speak freely, without the looming likelihood of interruptions or commentary from his brother.

The answer to that question is complex,” he replied. “But here is the shortened response: the Maw adheres to a version of Sith philosophy which House Io does not. We technically allow our members to practice whatever religion or philosophy they wish, but our greatest allies and highest leadership positions are filled by either Dark Side cultists or Light Side Sith, neither of which believe in the death-worshiping doctrine of the Brotherhood.

"We technically allow our members to practice whatever religion or philosophy they wish, but our greatest allies and highest leadership positions are filled by either Dark Side cultists or Light Side Sith, neither of which believe in the death-worshiping doctrine of the Brotherhood.

Alicio looked incredulously at Galahad, lightsaber still casting dark blue shadows around the three spelunkers as they traveled further. "Sorry, I've never heard of Sith using the Light Side, before." He'd met Arcturus Dinn, who had been agreeable, but certainly still used the Dark Side.

"It sounds counter-intuitive of Sith doctrine, at least, from what I've studied." Alicio picked his way down the steps. "Theirs is a religion of dominance, and a hunger for power. The Light Side requires inner peace, selflessness. How does someone reconcile that?"

- Galahad Io -

Dev Ossian

D
That does not surprise me,” Galahad said. “The Light Sith have long been denounced as heretics and persecuted by both the Jedi and more mainstream Sith. They have no choice but to hide that part of themselves, practicing the philosophy in secret.

As Alicio continued to ask questions, Lance looked as if he were positively dying to add his two credits to the discussion, but he still couldn’t talk yet.

There are some who believe that there is no Light and Dark; there is only the Force. And there are others who believe that the Dark is merely a corruption or perversion of the Light. Still more believe Dark and Light are but two halves of a whole, and that the goal of all sentient beings is to find a balance between the two.” Galahad’s eyebrows rose. “I may not be able to feel the Force, but I know that it is unfathomable. None of us can claim to know its true nature—and there will always be stranger things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in any one philosophy.

But, to more directly answer your question—the Light Sith use the Light Side of the Force, but they do not serve it as the Jedi do. They are not interested in waiting upon the ‘Will of the Force’. They seek to make things right on their own terms. They are hellbent on stopping evil, no matter what it takes. They will even sacrifice themselves to achieve that end. So, they are selfless, but not peaceful; they desire power so that they may use it to serve others; and they only seek dominance over those who would try to harm life.

Galahad was happy to speak about the Light Sith. Within House Io, they didn't get nearly enough attention, mainly because they were so clandestine in their operations and guarded against outsiders. It was a shame, really. He found them intriguing, definitely more so than the Cult.

Alicio seemed dissatisfied by Galahad's initial response, twisting his lip. "The Force is so... impossibly chaotic. Universal, but deeply personal. I like that, but... I feel myself wishing for a right answer, sometimes."

"No such luck in matters of of the mind."

Alicio hated that he was curious, intrigued even, as the Neutralizer continued speaking. He'd gone into that Tythonian tomb for that exact reason; to gain power to protect those without, a selfless desire for strength. It was a feeling he knew all too well, even if it's call had lessened on him.

"I... understand," he admitted, casting his eyes down. "I've never been able to trust the Will of the Force. Not like the Jedi do, at least." Trust was what unlocked this spiritual journey in the first place. But there was no intent from the Force, no will. It simply showed him a path ahead, and he decided to follow. "And... I would do a great many things to help those that need it."

The stairs finally ended, coming to a long, dark hallway. There were no decorations, no old friezes carved into the walls. instead, the passage was chipped and drilled by unskilled labor, electric floodlights hanging dead from the ceiling. Natural caverns seemed to extend off the manmade tunnel, likely where the jurgoran had crawled up from.

The Count paused, glaring seriously at the brothers after a moment of thought. "But what Darth Xiphos, House Io, has done... killing children, the Jedi, who want the same things as you... Do you truly think that was the most practical route to peace?" So far, the pacifistic Galahad had danced around the question. Alicio wanted a real answer.

"Are Light Sith selfless enough to admit when they've become the evil they fight to prevent?"

- Galahad Io -

Last edited:

Dev Ossian

D
I agree,” Galahad said. “But I also value it when people hold true to their convictions, and are sincere in their beliefs. Whatever those beliefs may be.

Watching Alicio, he picked up on a reluctant or perhaps even ashamed curiosity. But the Neutralizer had no way of knowing how deeply the notion had pierced the Alderaanian, or if it had touched him in some more poignant way than merely answering his surface-level questions. That kind of spiritual awakening didn’t manifest so obviously in microexpressions and facial tics.

The Force is a great boon,” Galahad said. “But think of how many unworthy Force Users there are in the galaxy. Some use their power to destroy, while others let it go to waste. Yet the Jedi believe those who are born sensitive are meant to have it—that it is a gift granted by the Force, regardless of how they abuse or shirk the responsibility that comes with having that kind of power. I would take that more as a sign that the Force has no greater will, and sensitivity is randomly determined, not destined.

As the trio ventured deeper into the tomb, they reached a natural cavern. Galahad examined the portions of the man-made tunnel that had been dug using crude methods, connecting the structure to the caves.

Alicio asked another question, this time about House Io’s methods. Galahad heaved a sigh, his eyelids drooping in a very humanlike expression of exhausted frustration.

You’re asking me to attach an individual character flaw to an entire group of people, Alicio,” he pointed out. “Xiphos’ obsession with destroying the Jedi has less to do with philosophy or ideology. The Light Sith have worked with the Jedi before, though as I said, they usually have to keep their beliefs a secret. But Xiphos holds a personal grudge against the Jedi. She despises them.

Looking away, Galahad frowned. “As of late, she has been driven more by her lust for revenge than the concerns of the rest of the House. Perhaps that is why she favors her Light Sith allies less than she does our more… unsavory allegiances.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Maybe," Alicio returned, but flashing a cautious smile. "Though I think I'd prefer someone who's mindset could evolve, rather than someone set in their ways."

It was a philosophy he'd always held. Part of his fascination with the Sith, when he first began researching them, was their aptitude for change. True progress could only be made if one is moving forward. Most Sith were self-serving in their progress, Alicio had hoped he could use it to further society.

Maybe that was still an option for him.

Yet the Jedi believe those who are born sensitive are meant to have it—that it is a gift granted by the Force, regardless of how they abuse or shirk the responsibility that comes with having that kind of power. I would take that more as a sign that the Force has no greater will, and sensitivity is randomly determined, not destined.

Alicio frowned, even as he nodded. "That's... a conundrum I've pondered a few times. If the Force had a will, then it allowed great Sith Lords to exist, even actively encouraged their growth. Either a greater consciousness doesn't exist, or it doesn't deserve devotion." He frowned. "Or... it's too complex a machine for us to fully understand. I don't know."

The Count raised an eyebrow as Galahad once again sidestepped what he was asking. But he didn't persist in that line of thought, only shrugging as he began to lead the trio into the rough-worn tunnel. The air seemed dry, robbed of all moisture. But the Dark was still worn with age.

If anything, the Force felt more clear, down here. Natural. Peaceful, in a haunted, empty sort of way.

"Apologies. But, I don't have much of a sample size for Light Sith," he finally said. "How many more are there? Besides Darth Xiphos?"

Ahead, the caverns were bathed in a subtle orange light. Small prison cells laid to the left and right, each separated from the path by a ray shield, each with a crumbling, desiccated body curled on the floor. Alicio studied them darkly, before glancing up at Galahad and Lancelot.

"Crude prisons. Not to hold Jedi or Sith, I don't think. Citizens, maybe?" He studied the walls of their cells, where Sith runes had been scrawled by ragged fingernails. Ramblings, about blindness and light and secrets. "Cultists?"

- Galahad Io -

Dev Ossian

D
In the whole galaxy? I do not know.” Drawn to the orange light ahead, Galahad took a few tentative steps toward the cages, peering inside them. “House Io’s Light Sith allies are a small sect called the Serpents of Ashla. They are relatively recent, having been founded during the Reconstruction Era by a Shi’ido called Darth Themis Darth Themis , and have only about seven thousand five hundred members. Their doctrine is summarized by their Code:

“‘Peace is not a Lie, but is often won with Passion. Passion for Peace gives Strength to reject The Dark. The Strength gained from rejection grants the Power to bring Peace everywhere. The Power gained grants Victory. Through that Victory, the will of the Ashla is realized.’

Galahad’s recitation of the Serpents’ code echoed faintly through the caverns, dwindling to silence as he studied the mummified corpses within the crude prisons, then scanned the runes scratched in the walls. His brow furrowed as Alicio suggested the prisoners may have been cultists.

He heard his brother loudly clear his throat somewhere behind him. Lance’s vocabulator was back online.

“First of all,” Lance began. “If you ever use that thing to silence me again, I’ll rip off your arm and beat you over the head with it. Secondly, Mother has plenty of reasons to prefer the Cult. They’re far more effective in battle, more numerous, and they’ve been there for her more than the Serpents ever have.” As he spoke, Lance swept the area, looking for any more enemies hiding in the shadows. “Face it, Gal. They’re our best allies.”

Galahad’s expression contorted in immediate disgust. "I have witnessed unspeakable horrors perpetrated by the Cult," he growled. “Pointless torture and brutality, sacrifices in the name of their Dark goddess. I’ve seen a friend, a Citizen of House Io, be taken and forcibly converted by the Cultists. That is the price we pay for our ‘best allies’.

“Yeah, because one Citizen is worth throwing away a huge chunk of our fighting force over!” Lance scoffed. “You’re just mad because she was an Io. If she wasn't a Citizen, you wouldn't give a damn. When did you ever get this worked up over somebody they hurt or killed outside the House?”

Galahad scowled, wanting to reply that he had. He had been furious by what he'd seen. But he stayed quiet this time, beginning to regain control over his emotions. His initial reaction had been visceral; he allowed himself to be unwittingly dragged into what should've been a private discussion between him and his brother. In fact, he seemed to have temporarily forgotten Alicio was even there, too caught up in his anger. Lance had sparked a powder keg, and the argument that followed was explosive. But it didn't concern their companion, who was a stranger to their squabbles.

“And third,” Lance continued. “Did I hear you claiming Mother wasn’t a Light Sith anymore a few seconds ago? I’m sorry, are you being a gatekeeper? Or is this the “no true Alderaanian” fallacy? You think all the different versions of the Light Sith haven’t done some fethed up chit over the millennia?”

The actions of the disciples don’t always match up to the religion’s actual teachings," Galahad muttered. "People will act as they please, professing with their mouths what they do not truly believe in their hearts. Or, sometimes, they behave badly before their mindsets have a chance to evolve.” He glanced pointedly toward Alicio. “Now, if we could please get back to the subject at hand?…

“What, these guys?” Lance turned toward the desiccated corpses, then shrugged. “My guess is as good as yours. The writings make me think persecuted followers of something, but on the other hand they could’ve been kept down here for any number of reasons. They could be servants of whoever was buried here, sealed away so that their souls would be bound to them even in death, or they could’ve been test subjects, or they might even be food for something… or someone. Some Sith like to feed off the life energies of living beings, you know.”

"So the Serpents do believe in a will, then?" Alicio seemed to ponder the words of the code. It was a bit wordy, but got their point across well enough; victory, in service of peace. "The Jedi aren't taught to suppress their emotions, at least not anymore, but they are taught to aknowledge them, and not give into them. Do you know how the Light Sith... let loose their passions, while not letting it corrupt them?"

The senator suddenly smiled, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. That was a big ask from someone who'd never felt the Force before. "It's okay if you don't know. But... maybe you know someone who might."

Alicio let the brothers squabble in peace as he examined the cages, staring sadly at the ancient corpses. He kneeled down, letting a hand run along the rough-hewn wall, wondering at the story behind the veil of time. Not for the first time, he envied those with the ability to sense the history of physical objects.

Of course, he tried not to be so obvious about listening intently to the two Neutralizers as they argued. He had his own opinions, which he dutifully kept to himself, having resigned himself to the fact that he couldn't change Lance's mind. Although Galahad did earn an knowing look from the Count as he stood back up.

"It's hard to tell what happened so long ago," Alicio began, looking between the brothers. "But they're... curled up. As if they fell asleep, and never woke up. Implying a... peaceful death." As if their jailor had simply disappeared one day, leaving the prisoners to waste away.

Alicio glanced further down the tunnel. The Force seemed to flow in that direction, headed into yawning darkness. "I think we'll find answers that way."

- Galahad Io -

Dev Ossian

D
If they believe in a Will, it’s certainly not aiming to find balance between Dark and Light.” Galahad crossed his arms over his chest. “They have some ties to Ession. The people there worship the Ashla as a deity, and demonize the Bogan.” He assumed Alicio had at least heard of the actions of the Ashlan Crusaders, even if he didn’t know how they were motivated by their religious beliefs. They had developed a reputation for brutality against anyone even vaguely affiliated with the Sith Empire—and they were currently allied with the Alliance.

The Senator then asked a very interesting question. “It’s all right,” Galahad assured him. “I have read up on the subject. If my answer doesn’t satisfy you, you could always seek out the Serpents, or try to find other Light Sith.” Which was no easy task, but not impossible.

Light Sith twist the Light as they see fit, rather than listening to the Force and trusting in it the way the Jedi do. To do this, they must have a strong will, and all the fervent zeal of new converts. The Light Sith I have met behave like men and women possessed when it comes to ridding the galaxy of evil. The Force feeds their righteous fury, and nothing can stop them. That is the source of their strength.

While Galahad talked philosophy, Lance continued to focus on the bodies in the cages. “Dehydration seems like a pretty agonizing way to die,” he mused aloud, heading in the direction Alicio had indicated. “It’s slow, happens over the course of days. I’d take a quick, violent death over being forgotten like that.”

But you don’t need to drink, Lance,” Galahad muttered dryly, tramping along beside him. “Or eat, for that matter.

“My batteries will go dead eventually, and if nobody ever charges me up again, I might as well have died of thirst.” Lance tapped his temple with a finger and smiled as if what he’d just said were some profound metaphor. “Speaking of which, I recently had a program installed that imitates the effects of drunkenness whenever I down a little liquor. Right now I wish I was sloshed, it might make this trip a bit less dull. Hey Alicio, you wouldn’t happen to have any alcohol on you, would you?”

Galahad groaned.

Alicio nodded at the mention of Ession, a flash of recognition in his eyes. "I see the resemblance. These Serpents and the Crusade seem to have much in common." A religious fervor for the light, the eradication of all deemed evil, the unforgiving nature...

A lack of kindness.

While perhaps not a perfect fit for his worldview, the philosophy was the closest Alicio had heard so far to his own beliefs. A need to make the galaxy better, won through hard work, and conviction. Despite the revelation, his guilt only continued to grow. The Sith had killed his parents. And here he was, curious about a modified version of that religion.

Alicio shook out that feeling, as he continued to walk forward with the Io's. Progress, acceptance, meant considering all avenues without bias. It was his responsibility to the galaxy to find the best route forward. And that meant experimenting with what it meant to have the Force.

What it meant to be Alicio Organa.

So wrapped up in his own brooding, he didn't seem to register Lance's call for booze. He simply continued forward, holding his blade at his side again to cast light into the way ahead.

"I don't suppose you have some reading material," Alicio ventured to Galahad, trying to curate his curiosity. "I'm not planning on joining the Serpents, or House Io, if that's what you're wondering. But... I'm intrigued. Really."

- Galahad Io -

Dev Ossian

D
All the best reading material is stored away in our mobile library,” Galahad replied, glad for a change in subject from booze to books. “But I will have copies sent to you, if you wish. Provided you can guarantee they will not fall into the wrong hands.

He’d have any references to living individuals or existing institutions excised from the text anyway, just to be safe.

Not long after he spoke, something slammed into him from the side, knocking him off his feet. He heard a surprised exclamation from Lance and saw the beam of his flashlight dancing away from him, before something jammed into his photoreceptors, leaving him blind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom