Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply A Journey of Discovery

I smiled and dipped my head as he returned the polite gesture. A true gentleman in every sense of the word. Or so it appears. I cannot allow myself to throw caution to the wind, but in some respects I can let my hair down a little.

I sip my wine. The pairing of it with the steak is ideal and I find it very pleasant. I listen as he answers my question, speaking of worlds that I know of by name but not of their appearance. I can surely bet that they are not city-planets. More than likely I will be faced with a similar conundrum in time.

And now he poses a question to me. I think about it for a moment. There are not too many planets that I have vidited yet. Merely a few. But more journeys are sure to come in the future. "I believe that what has impressed me the most is the sheer size of space and the openess of some worlds. There are quite a few limits when it comes to living under a dome. It is quite the experience to see civilizations thriving without them. And what of yourself, Mister Ando?"

Tag: Narran Ando Narran Ando

There was a grace and fragility to the lady, two qualities he was drawn to and found pleasant to be around. While he was enjoying himself he too could not let his guard down too far. There was a possibility she was just very good at disarming him. Part of him didn't mind even if that was the case.

What had opened his eyes the most? Although it wasn't a place. It was when he had grown up and found his way off the streets. The transition from the exchange to the family. "I owe my life to a man that extended his hand, and his patience to show me how to be a man. He taught me to treat others with the respect and dignity you want to see in this world." This was sometimes at odds with his work, but he tried to retain that ideal. There were others in the family that thought as he did, and so he was here.

Taking a sip of his wine again, he placed the glass back down. He all too well understood that sadly Coruscant didn't have that open space Liin spoke of. It was more densely packed here than anywhere he knew of.

"Who in your life do you admire the most?" A more personal question that he'd touched on himself. Chancing to see if she would share.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

A man that extended a hand to Mister Ando? From that comment I can gather that he is not talking about his own Father. Perhaps he did not even have one which is a very sad thought to have. But still it seems as though he had been taught right for his manners are impeccable. I can think of a few that would do well to have such lessons.

Once again a question is directed towards me. This one I find to be very easy to answer and there was no real pause for me to take in order to think about an answer to give. Instead I replied; "My Mother and my Father are who I admire the most. Their skills in business and in handling people is top notch. I have never seen anyone treat them with disrespect. Their successs as Members of the Board of Directors is something to be admired. It is also the goal that I hope to achieve some day." And with no one vying for my attention, it is quite easy for me to retain my focus on my tasks at hand.

I finish my steak and wipe at the corners of my mouth with a napkin. "What about Coruscant appeals to you the most, Mister Ando?" I discard the napkin on my plate and push it aside for one of the waiters to take away. My eyes remain focused on my dinner companion.

Her parents sounded like ideal role models. "A family business can be a strong one." There was a genuine and hidden meaning there. "I am glad you have that connection with them. If their daughter is anything to go by. I am sure their hard work and dedication to their company are why they have that respect and success. As you will." In his own way he had found the same, by a longer path.

Placing his hands together ahead of him, her question was also easy for him to answer. "The clientele." That was another compliment towards her, and it was also true. "On Coruscant you meet everyone imaginable." He looked around the room, and although they were all either from some wealth or had dressed to fit the hotel's standards. There were "thirty different guests" here, "with thirty different lives." True many would have a false identity, but their personalities, their mannerisms, and "their reasons for coming here are always different." Even if their intent might be similar.

Taking another sip of his wine, Narran finished his meal and placed his knife and fork together at the side of the plate, dabbing his lips with his napkin. He'd enjoyed this meal immensely.

"The Alliance also make our security arrangements easier than our other locations." Which surprisingly worked in their favor outside these walls, external disorder rarely raised its head. He was about to keep the conversation going when a waitress started to clear the plates. "Was everything to your liking?" the girl asked politely to them both, Narran waited for Liin to answer as their guest.

If they elected to indulge, the original waiter brought over a sample dessert tray. The real desserts were contained in a sealed temperature-regulated glass box underneath. Narran again waited to see if Liin wanted anything else, or "would you like anything further to drink?" He might have one final Weequay stimcaf coffee if not.

I dip my head and smile as he compliments my own prospects. Oh how I hope that Mister Ando is correct! I have been working so very hard to achieve even a chance at becoming a member of the Board of Directors. Such a position is not given, but earned. It does not matter that my parents are Senior Members at all. I know full well that if they do not deem my to be worthy; than I will not have their votes.

He responds to my question as easily as I have responded to his. My expression brightens as he speaks in general about those in the room with us. "My dear Mister Ando, has it come to be that I have found another with a habit of people watching that I am afflicted with?" It is one of games that I taught myself when I was very young. When one has no siblings, one must find their own sources of entertainment. Creating stories for people that I see is such a fun game! And it is even more rewarding when those stories have ounces of truth to them!

I respond to the waitress in kind as she begins to remove our dishes. "The meal was delightful, thank you. My compliments to the chefs." Oh but there is more! The tray of desserts catches my attention as soon as it is rolled our way. Oh but I must keep it light so that I do not ruin my figure. "I will be most pleased with a small serving of the mousse and a nice hot cup of herbal tea, if I may."

"I believe so Ms Terallo. Do you think its down to our more isolated upbringing or is that why we fit our upbringing?" Narran firmly smiled. Perhaps it was both. When he was young he would watch from the window and imagine the conversations people below might be having, a child's imagination that saw and remembered other familiar faces nearby. "It was my way of relating to the world, to see the faces I knew each day growing up and moving on with their lives." Only now he was standing with the crowds rather than apart, deep down he was still that same boy in some ways, maybe being watched by another curious imaginative mind.

He moved his hands aside, asking for "the same please, my usual and I believe our guest is soon to play?" His weequay stimcaf, an unusual drink not in appearance which was black as with most stimcafs, but in its rich taste. Their desserts were served from the fresh case and off the waiter went for their drinks, and to make further musical arrangements.

A single violinist walked out at the edge of the lounge behind them, and the music was enough to carry through both rooms easily enough. Like High Galactic, classical core music was somewhat of a rarity but appreciated when fleetingly present. Enjoying the soothing sound. The instrument's body was made from some of the finest Alderaanian rainbow wood, giving it a distinct tone and vibration. "What music do you listen to when nobody else is around?" Maybe too bold a question, it would depend on how willing she was to share. Music told you a lot about a person, an insight into their lives when appearances were put aside or pierced by the melody.

I smile as the fact that I have met a kindred spirit is confirmed. At least in some aspects we are similar. I find it rather pleasing.

"I believe that it is how we have made the best out of our situations. There are some that may frown upon it, but I feel that it has only helped us to navigate social situations. And really is it that much different from watching a series of programs on the holonet?" As far as I am concerned, it is not that different at all. But that is my perspective. In all honesty I would not have changed my upbringing for anything. It is what has made me the Lady that I am today.

I pick up my spoon and have a small taste of the mousse. It is both light and rich which I find to be very satisfying. "This dessert is delicious." I am about to say more however music begins to play. The stringed instrument is both beautiful and captivating in it's sound. I savor my dessert as I savor the music.

Only the voice of my dinner companion steers my attention away from them both. My left eyebrow raises up slightly in question. It is indeed a personal question. But in truth it is not one that I have ever been asked before. There are not a lot of moments upon which I am alone, especially now. However there are times during which I can apply paint to canvas that I am not watched so closely.

"I find wind instruments accompanied by a harmonious choir the most fitting for me when I paint. It allows my imagination to take the lead over everything else." I bring up my tea and have a small sip. As expected the two flavors comolimented eachother nicely. "And what of you, Mister Ando? What do you listen to?"

Nodding firmly, "yes. We have both taken who we were and made the best of what we were given." Which is all you could do in life. An interesting perspective he thought. It wasn't much different to watching any other holovid, only "with a more human connection." At least when you knew those around you, and their lives were part of your own community. A rare thing to find in the galaxy, only usually brought on by shared struggle or in support of another going through the same.

Her raised eyebrow was met with a confident grin. "When I am away from the workplace, I prefer natural ambient music or silence. Many talented musicians grace our hotels at work," not always names people knew but their up-and-coming talent was genuinely appreciated. "We give talented people their start." Locals looking to impress a wealthy client, they could ask for no better location. Close to their guests, nice location, hosting people with credits to spare. More than one walked out with a patron, and the hotels always had a friendly connection with the artists from that point on.

"When I am alone I enjoy a momentary break," it gave his mind and ears a rest. There was nothing natural on Coruscant but the sound quality of simulated environments was welcome to relax with in times of stress. Some of the better models would mimic the smell of weather or atmosphere, even if they could never take the place of being there.

Taking a drink of his stimcaf and enjoying the rich taste set against the more delicate mousse. Rising tones indicated their entertainer reaching the peak of their melody, and there was a shift. An interesting group of four Triad Atrisian's entered the nearby lobby. They had a serious look about them, visors, rings, and a couple of tattoos were visible, but sharply dressed all the same.

The quartet glanced around, not saying a word, slid over their silver coins, and walked toward what looked like a quiet rear wall. Nobody moved visibly, if anything the conversations continued on deliberately but attention always shifted with a new arrival. The wall opened up and the strangers walked inside, the screening wall soon sliding back into place.

As if it were the most natural thing in the world, Narran continued with their conversation, "Thank you for today." He said with transparent honesty, the music having reached its peak now started slowly drifting and descending into a gentler tone.

I nod while he answers my question. If music is always present than it is safe to say that being without it can be peaceful. There are some people that have the ability to fall asleep to music but I am not one of those people. I prefer silence. Perhaps it has deemed me to be a light sleeper, I am not sure. But I find that the quiet leaves one with serene dreams.

I take another spoonful of my mousse, pausing only as four odd looking individuals walk in. They certainly stand out. It appears that I am not the only one to notice them either for everyone seems to have paused as well. I do not recognize the group, but they seem to have quite a reputation about them. Did they notice the very change in the room? If they did they surely did not make it appear as though they did.

In no time at all they were gone from sight, having walked through a secret door. My own apartment has them so it is nothingbthat shocks me.

Mister Ando drew my attention back to him the moment that he spoke up. I dip my head and smile as I lift up my cup of tea. "You are most welcome. Although I do believe that I should be the one thanking you. And I hope that I am not stealing you away from your duties too much." I would not mind it at all if I could stay longer on this trip. But for the moment I cannot. I do not have the ability to make my own schedule yet. However once I am on the Board of Directors I will gain that freedom. And then maybe I can visit here again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom