Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply A Journey of Discovery

german-film-actress-brigitte-helm-in-an-evening-dress-complete-with-feather-boa.jpg

Another journey sends me away from home. Although this time I am offered more protection than during previous ventures. My Father had hired a small company of Mandalorians led by Karlo Kyrr Karlo Kyrr to journey with me. Already they had proven themselves in the jungles of New Cov after an attempted kidnapping. Just who the assailants were, I do not know. I can only guess that they are Sith of some kind. But that does not lessen the questions that I have. It only increases them. Darth Temerant Darth Temerant spoke to me many days ago of enemies being everywhere. Yet until the attempted kidnapping, I did not believe him. At least when it came to myself.

The Transgalactic hotel run by Narran Ando Narran Ando seems like as good a stop as any. There is word that it is safe for people like me. But that does not mean that I will go unprotected. Knowing who to trust is not entirely easy. Yet I must follow my gut and trust in the words of those that watch over me. Even if I find it difficult in doing so.

I gently fan myself with my feathered fan, delighting in how the venue's lights make my dress flicker and sparkle. I am rather fond of beautiful things. Architecture especially. And there is much of it to enjoy here.

I step further inside, making my way to an unoccupied table where I take a seat. I fold my fan and place it on my lap while crossing my feet at the ankles and tucking them underneath the chair. My gaze moves about the room, pausing every so often on the others inside. I wonder what their stories are and what brings them to this sanctuary of sorts. Are they good people wary of the bad? Or are they the reverse hiding from the law? Or are they neither? I am certain that my imagination can summon up an assortment of ideas. But what is more interesting is to discover whether or not they are true.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

A sharp, nickel-gray colored, synthweave suit on, classic fit with the bottom button open, tidy, and well pressed. Three chalcedony rings, and a baffle weave fedora stood out. Narran looked after himself and took pride in his appearance, not just because he ran the hotel and it was expected of him. Taking time to take care of yourself was important.

Every detail at the Transgalactic was handled the same way. The lady's silver marker had been paid already, and everyone here knew that the second she walked in. The decor wasn't overstated, but it was beautifully made, with attention to detail in everything here. Such as the selection of small amber ferns, to match the peaceful Togruta artists who had left a seasonal painting here. It was all modest rather than overstated, with nothing glaring out of place or seeking attention. The dining room was relaxing, in a toned-down sangria red color, with the jazzcore band offering a soothing ambiance. A gleaming polished black marble bar stood to the side, along with a lounge through an open door behind it.

If there was one place that was safe on this planet, it was this hotel. Everyone looked at relative ease here. The service was prompt and courteous. The front desk gave Narran a nod, and a waiter was already coming to her table, but he tapped the man on the shoulder and took the menu himself.

Taking off his hat as he approached, "good evening miss" giving her reservation name, "the Transgalactic is at your disposal. Room 22-4 is prepared." He offered the dinner menu over and a key, That meant a lot more than she might realize, because this hotel had many varied services to offer to the right clients. "As this is your first stay, if I can be of service, please let me know." That meant anything from casual conversation to providing local insights she might benefit from.

Last edited:
I feel eyes upon me. My gaze meets that of the waiter until he is intercepted by another. How curious, indeed! I believe that he could be the owner, but I am unsure. The man approaches with a gait that exudes confidence. It reminds me of another man, yet I will not dwell too much upon him. I had done so far too much as of late.

I dip my chin at his introduction, offering him a polite smile. He reveals my room number, providing me with the key. This prompt service is wonderful and it is much like being at my own apartment among my staff. "Thank you. I can have my staff bring up my things after my guards sweep the room. Although I am quite certain that my safety would not be in question here, I cannot deny them tasks that are required by their profession." I glance down at the menu for merely a second or two. There is much to be had, although I am unsure of the quality served. "I believe that a good refreshment is well deserved. What do you recommend?"

There are many more wuestions to be had, but I do not wish to go through all of them at once.

Tag: Narran Ando Narran Ando

Jazzcore music drifted into a softer tempo, breaking into a light and melodic piano. "We will extend every courtesy to them." He looked up, made a gesture with his hand, and the waiter came back over, "please allow the lady's attendants an inspection of her room, and provide them guest quarters should they require any."

"Right away Sir." The waiter departed to await or find her guards. When asked about what he recommended, it was his turn to smile politely to her. His love for the hotel business extended to the kitchen.

"For a light meal on the go, a lightly cooked Karkan ribene with a Xizor Salad and a fruity Serennian wine is popular. We serve ours with crispy Naboo lettuce, fresh Reventi Sprouts, and the key a flavorful blue chadian dressing." Moving beside her to show her the menu page where the dishes were described if she needed him, "for something more substantial I recommend, a tender Braised Shaak roast, colorful and rustic. It is a meal that you will remember and best served with an aged Hapan Gold vintage."

Finally, he ended with, "Our specialty sides today are Roasted Chando peppers directly from Hanna City, and homemade leafy Sahbiye with ingredients from Kashyyyke." Though this was his work it was a pleasant moment out of his day to speak beside her, and he made eye contact when he spoke. Something she might notice around other tables, was waiters taking their time rather than rushing. The clients here often had more than one reason for their visit, a normal part of the service.

As they discussed the dishes another gentleman entered the hotel lobby. Black suit, and black sunglasses, attended by two of his own entourage, a male, and female, who were dressed formally as well. Mr Black Mr Black as he was introduced, carried a black briefcase as always. He paid his silver marker, then two more at the desk, and all three walked into the dining room. Giving Liin and Narran a nod, then pulling his cuffs down straight. You might see the occasional sleek subtle gadget on the trio, if anything they looked high-end corporate types, business-like in appearance and manner.

Looking around the room there was a mix here, some came here for exclusive business appointments, and some were here to enjoy a meal or meet a partner on safer neutral ground. The conversations ranged from quite and private, to more poignant conversations.

I am glad that my guards are able to perform their tasks. It makes it all the easier and for a more relaxing environment. After a recent kidnapping attempt and the deaths of two of my staff in that attempt; one can never be too careful.

I do not even look up as they are led up to my room. My attention is instead upon the menu and at the man beside me. It is easy to see that he has pride in this establishment. There is even a passion for it. If anything it is a sign of a good businessman. From what I can see, the employees seem quite happy with their employment which is surely saying something as well.

"I believe that I shall have the first option. After some travel, I feel that anything heavier might make me a little drowsy. And would you care to join me if you are not busy? I would not mind some company that is familiar with the area." I give the man a delightful smile with my request.

A trio of others walk in, all of them similarily dressed. Although one carried a briefcase. I dip my head in return as he takes note of my gaze. From what I can tell he must be meeting for a business deal. One can imagine a lot of credits or some kind of secret technology inside.

But I cannot let my imagination run with me. Instead I turn my attention back to the man beside me and await his response.

Catching her smile, it was returned warmly. "It would be a pleasure to dine with beautiful company this evening." Narran gave her a nod. Her offer of him joining her was more than welcome. To do the reverse might have seemed imposing on a guest, and he wouldn't have broken that trust.

Taking a chair from a nearby table, he placed it opposite her and sat down, adjusting his suit straight. After another hand gesture, the young blond waiter came over again, "one more setting please," knowing the menu by heart already.

"Please bring two Kraken Ribene with Xizor's and a side of Sahbiye. Have the sauté chef make a fresh Chadian so our guest can experience the dish to its fullest. A bottle Serennian wine, and if the lady would like anything else to drink?" He left that question open so as not to assume.

After that was answered, he placed his hands together in front of him and rested them on the table, clearly comfortable here. The cutlery was soon arranged in a new place setting and he gave a thankful nod to the dutiful young man as the waiter left to arrange their food.

"My name Narran Ando." Touching a hand to his chest, and leaving her time to offer her name or not. Many guests here preferred to remain anonymous with a chosen reservation name. "Do you have any passions, interests in culture, or places you would like to see?" That way he could better guide her. The guests here often had very unique or exacting requirements that he had to be prepared for.

My smile broadens as he compliments me and I find myself dipping my head amongst the flattery. He is certainly good at his job, that is for sure. Flattery can get one far in the right circumstances.

"The pleasure is all mine." I watch as his sitting arrangement is all prepared. There is nothing hurried about it and I wonder if the man is on a first name basis with his staff. I am when it comes to some. Or at least I used to be. Right now I am still on the search for a suitable replacement to a recently lost staff member that was the closest thing to a friend that I have ever had.

"A glass of ice water would be a lovely addition, thank you." Sometimes water was the most refreshing thing to drink. Most especially while travelling on a long journey.

The man introduces himself, upon which I return the gesture. "I am Liin Terallo, Representative of New Cov and NCBC." It is a title that sits on the bottom rung of the ladder, however I am working diligently to raise myself higher up it.

He asks about my passions and interests and I find these questions to be very easy to answer. "I am rather fond of great architecture, most especially fine works in stone. There is much skill and artistry in them." And it is something that my lack of seeing colors doest not diminish in it's quality. I am not put in a disadvantage in that way. "And what about yourself, Mister Ando?"

A small jug with two glasses was brought over, and the waiter poured their drinks. Refreshing distilled water running cold against the ice. The Transgalactic pacing was indeed relaxed by design, everything was slowed down for the comfort of the guests. A different change of pace to some establishments where speed was everything.

Narran furrowed his brow thinking, "NCBC, are they involved in research, from what I've heard of Ms Terallo? That sounds interesting work." He hadn't heard of what New Cov traded or specialized in or much beyond a word in passing. Leaving her time to offer anything she was comfortable with about herself.

Hearing her speak of her love of architecture, "most people think of Coruscant as urban sprawling city slums, but the truth is almost all types of design exist here. The Galactic Museum is just the tip of the iceberg for cultural points of interest."

He took a sip of his water, taking his time.

"There is a particular untouched monastic area nearby which you might appreciate, it's a stone city within a city, and some of the structures there are very old. Offworld I would choose Artorias. The world is littered with picturesque white stone structures, set against scenic landscaping and bodies of water. It has undergone restoration even these last few years, and they have work ahead of them still, but the history is there."

Interrupted by their food arriving, a waiter placed a stand beside them and began serving their dishes. One dish each for the salad, a small side of leafy Sahbiye, and a shared plate for the Ribene between them. The wine was opened and left to stand, and two small boats for blue chadian dressing were left beside their plates.

The waiter asked them both if they wanted anything else before departing.

When she asked him what he was passionate about, he smiled again. "Objects with culturally historical significance, and the history of food." Both subjects really interested him in his time off, which was not often. "Time does not always allow," he admitted.

"Yes, NCBC deals in the research and development of biomolecules. There are a lot of applications for them which broadens our customer base." And we are lucky enough to be the only source for them in the entire Galaxy. But that certainly has it's drawbacks as well.

I listen intently as he reveals some points of interest. I am not sure of what amount of spare time that I will have on this particular trip, but I hope that I will have more later on. And if New Cov becomes governed by one of the nearby alliances, I may find myself at their core centers often enough. Touring these points of interest may become a new hobby for me. "Those all sound wonderful and intriguing. I find that the artistry in stonework is incredible. There are some stonemasons that can make stone appear as sheen fabric on a statue. There is a life to it that they bring to the stone and I envy them their skills."

Our food arrives and I cannot hide the sound of my tummy grumbling. I find myself flushing a little in embarrassment as I pour a little of the dressing over the salad before I start to eat.

Mister Ando answers my question that I asked of him. It comes at no surprise to me that he may be a collector. I can already envision him having a team of people that searches the Galaxy for rare finds for him. Oh but again my imagination is running away with me. There is plenty of time for that for when I go to sleep.

"Time does not always allow us to indulge in what we love most. There are always tasks to be undertaken first. And for me as of late there is plenty of travel." I have a sip of my water. "I am not used to being in such a large city. It is as though it never rests. How does one find peace in that? Do they merely just get used to it?"

"Indeed. The more we stand out the greater our burden." Narran offered a smile.

They were in synch, he agreed with every word she said on masonry. "To get that difference in texture, its like separating a great writer from a good one, they can texture their words." He gave her a look of admiration for her sensibility and way of describing art.

Narran took his time with his food, but Linn had touched a subject that brought a passion or energy of its own out of him. "For Weeque's their polished black stone Thals are revered in every urban area, and Indu San has a planetary economic driven by similar stonework." Shame about their food, he thought enjoying another mouthful of his own.

How does one find peace in a planetary city? Giving a nod of acknowledgment. He looked upward at the ceiling and then around the walls. "Part of our service is to give people a haven from what they experience out there." He took the first sip of his wine.

Inside these walls, there was barely a sound of the outside world. The hustle and bustle of crowds weren't present here, everything moving at their own steady pace. There were other hotels exactly like this on different worlds, for exactly that reason.

"Some enjoy the proximity or crowds. Some choose to create artificial escapes or to find quieter areas to make their smaller communities, others lock themselves away in their rooms until its time to leave." He paused, putting his wine glass down, "here we arrange all of that more comfortably if you need it." Letting her consider the subtext of any services she required.

A planetary city was certainly an extreme, "where do you prefer to reside?" He asked candidly.

I bite into more of the salad while I listen to Mister Ando speak of some of the best architecture and stone masonry that he knew of. He lists out places of interest and I mentally make notes in hopes that some day I might have a chance to visit them. I do not get holidays or time off, but I could coincide the trips with business ventures for NCBC.

I partake in a sip of my own wine, allowing the flavors of both it and the salad to mingle. It does not surprise me that people come here for a number of experiences, and perhaps it is only in their rooms that they can gain any form of solitude. I have learned to find moments of solitude in near any location. A mind is a wonderful thing to help tune everything out.

But I'm not tuning Mister Ando or anything here. There is far too much to learn.

"New Cov is my home. Ilic more specifically. The biodomed city is much like a sanctuary, but a bustling city of it's own. And the views are breathtaking. The jungles that surround the domes are deadly, but still beautiful to look at. Have you ever visited New Cov, Mister Ando?" I do not expect that he has. There are plenty that have not heard of the planet at all, which in some ways serves it's purpose in many ways.

Realizing that he'd probably overwhelmed her, he toned his enthusiasm back. "Sorry you must forgive me, some subjects are inspiring," Narran apologized. He took a bite of the salad, the blue sauce brought out the crispness of the leaves, a freshness that was hard to come by on a city planet. Enjoying the meal, the moment, and her company.

Soft jazz played, the guests mingled, and there was the occasional jink of glass in toast or agreement. One man had a single blue rose brought over, but the new owner didn't react as you might expect. The token was quickly from view and the surprised man left the room. Messages and codes that meant more than they seemed.

New Cov, "I have not had the pleasure of visiting," Narran answered honestly, in truth he'd lived more vicariously through his many conversations here, with limited time away from the hotel chain. "It sounds savagely beautiful," he considered, "do you venture out, or is the community self-contained within the sanctuaries?" Narran asked with a genuine interest in her homeworld.

"Oh there is no need to apologize, Mister Ando. You have given me quite a few places to visit if ever I have moments to spare for doing so. Thank you."

It is nice here. The ambient noise is soft and inviting. One can either lose themselves on the dance floor, or in conversation, or even in one's meal if they so wish. That is what is so great about it; there is choice without having to hide in a secluded booth.

I finish my salad just before he inquires about New Cov and it's jungles. It is a good time to pause and let the salad digest a little before turning to the main course.

"It is too dangerous to venture out for most of us. Our biodomes are well equipped to sustain us. Foods are grown and raised and produced just like in any other city. There are some people assigned for duties outside of the biodomes to collect the biomolecules we export." In all of my young life I had never even so much as gone out during a rain storm. I have pretended that my shower is actually rainfall when I was very young, but that kind of wonder over such a small thing had been lost. "I have only been out in the jungles once and that was an unfortunate incident that nearly led to my kidnapping. In some respects, the monsters in the jungle and the very jungle itself helped to save me."

Liin was gracious in her allowance for his interests, and Narran smiled politely. There was a momentary pause while a lean Bothan walked over to whisper something in his ear. Mr Ando nodded and signed a datapad, receiving a single gold marker. "Please see that I am not disturbed further." The Bothan nodded and returned to Mr Black's table with the reply.

Liin spoke of dangers, and of living a sheltered life. "I see," to venture outside was "a necessity for your world's main export." When she spoke of being raised inside the domes, "Did you feel you missed out or were you content inside the domes?" In some ways, her life inside the domes was like his life inside the hotel chain.

With fresh cutlery ready for the main course, he let her take whatever she wanted first, offering to demonstrate how to cut the meat properly if needed. Nothing was more uncomfortable than encountering a new dish at dinner. It was simple enough, just the way to cut it diagonally for the best taste. The small details.

"Your Kidnapping," Narron's face showed concern, and he adjusted his lapel straight. " I trust those responsible have been brought to account?" Which of course was a service that could be purchased nearby if the answer was no. A story like that had many questions, and monsters had saved her. He wouldn't push for details unless she was comfortable sharing.

I give a polite smile, taking in the account that I am going to have Mister Ando's full attention. I cannot help but glimpse in the direction of Mr. Black and his entourage. There is any number of things that have brought them here today.

Oh but I cannot allow my mind to wander!

I return my focus to Mister Ando, responding to his question in kind in regards to my upbringing under the biodomes of Ilic. "I am very content there. There are some things to be experienced elsewhere. For example sandy beaches, meadows and forests that are not of the deadly sort, and gently falling snow; even light rain. I am sure that those are things that most would believe to be trivial and are often taken for granted. But they are things that I have dreamed of since my youth." It is not the wine talking, but moreso of me being allowed to talk about myself without any judgement. There is something freeing about that.

I pick up my cutlery and remove a third of the steak for myself and set it on a plate. From there I cut into it a small piece for myself to try. And as soon as it is brought into my mouth, the meat seems to almost melt on my tongue. The flavors and spice are incredible. I am sure that Mister Ando can see my enjoyment of it. "This steak is wonderful, thank you." I am sure that I will order another before I return home.

In speaking of my kidnapping, I can only shake my head. "Not as of yet, I am afraid. The assailants could change their appearance. They are practioners of the Force and could be Sith. There are a couple of Jedi that have begun an investigation, but it could be as difficult as looking for a needle in a haystack. What are their motives? I am not certain. It could be as simple as seeking ransom. Or it could be that someone hired them to give me and New Cova warning. Or perhaps it could be something else entirely. Regardless I am being cautious in my endeavours."

Liin had a wanderlust of sorts, guests here sometimes did, spending a night then moving on. They didn't describe it so picturesque as she, artistic even. "The smell of rain on forest leaves," Narran barely remembered it, "or watching the wind bend the grass line by line across a meadow ." He understood fully, a city planet didn't offer these things, just like her upbringing had not. Coruscant was another reason he lived vicariously through his offworld collections.

"A meal overshadowed only by your company Ms Terallo. You are very welcome."
A firm smile for her compliment. He was enjoying the food too, taking another bite. If you weren't proud of the food you served, you shouldn't be serving it. The same with anything he did in this business. Every compliment told him he was on the right track.

"Sith plots are you usually grandiose," from his limited experience talking to guests, "rarely mundane." Feeling she was definitely still in danger. He looked very serious when he considered what to offer her. "Would you permit me to offer something, a marker?" Sliding the gold marker over to Liin for her to accept or reject.

Narran did this in full view of Mr Black's table. There was no objection when they saw, he glanced over and one of the entourage there nodded in acceptance. "It is the highest favor I can give. When you think the situation is impossible, or you feel you may be in danger, you may use it once, for anything." The top was loose if she checked, inside it had a name, a DNA imprint, a voice file, and images of who the golden favor belonged to. An array of encryption and technology to keep it tamper-proof. This one had a simple communication code frequency for contact inside.

Mister Ando seems to understand the seemingly trivial joys that other planets have to offer. As simple as they may be, there is something to be said about them. One day I will get to experience them and I hope that he will too. Perhaps the two of us could go together and find some way to gain some business out of it. I am quite certain that his vacation days are as few as my own are.

I cannot help but blush ever so lightly as he compliments my company. It feels as though our lives are very similar, yet different at the same time. "And your company is just as enjoyable, Mister Ando."

However the conversation returns to that of my attempted kidnapping. From what I can gather, it seems as though Mister Ando believes it to involve more than just some ransom plot. And I cannot help but feel a little unnerved by that.

A favor is offered and slid towards me. I set down my cutlery, wipe my fingers on my napkin and lift it up to examine it. I watch as he glances over to the other table where a nod is given. Is he asking for permission to give me this? And just who are they over there? There are some other questions to be shared, but first and foremost I am curious about the golden marker. The top slides open and I look inside only to discover that a lot of the answers that I seek are not there. "I cannot say that I have ever had one of these in my possession before. May I ask you to tell me how it works? If I find myself kidnapped, will this help me to be found quickly?" I am unsure of what influence he has in this Galaxy, but he appears to be highly regarded in his line of business.

It was Narran's turn to find himself sitting taller in his seat, with a warm grin as she returned the compliment again.

Narran had next to no influence anywhere but this hotel. That coin however, "it is a single favor to call on from the skilled gentleman behind you." The picture of the man sitting behind Liin and next to Mr Black, could be projected from the coin to see his face, alias, and contact details, "bio encrypted and impossible to tamper with." Impossible was a big word, but the device would likely break if anyone tried. "Now you have it in your possession our organization will track that favor until it is completed." Which was also why tampering with the device was fruitless.

"You may contact them on that personal comm frequency at any time, or by sending a signal to any of our hotels if you prefer, and they are obligated to respond to your request as soon as possible." It would not immediately save her on a remote world but if used correctly it could do many things. Leading to a rescue eventually, finding who was responsible, or the problem going away before it happened.

"I am sorry to bring this up abruptly, but I would not let the opportunity to offer what I could do for your safety pass by." Saddened that their dinner had gone to business, but he wouldn't have let another second pass without doing what he was able. She may be realising from the exchange that happened earlier, Narran didn't own or control anything. He'd given up a favor to himself to be passed to her, the coin was actually a debt owed by the man behind.

I look over at the man sitting behind Mister Ando and next to the other. I bow my head in thanks to them before studying the marker further as Mister Ando instructs me on how it works. I know that my parents will highly appreciate this. Whether or not they had a hand in arranging any of this beyond that of my stay here, I am not entirely sure. But I will learn more after I return to New Cov. It is not something that I will speak about outside of in person. I do not know why that I do not entirely trust holo-communication. Perhaps it is moreso due to the risk of it being intercepted.

Regardless, this favor is something that seems that credits cannot buy. And the help is certainly worth more than credits in and of it's self.

I affix the marker to my fan and then reach over the table to take his hand into my own if he will allow it. "Thank you, Mister Ando. I appreciate the concern for my safety. I can only hope that I will not need to use it."

I draw back my hand and continue to enjoy my steak. "Do you frequent all of these hotels or just this one in particular? I am sure that with this wonderous treatment, the Board of Directors will be sure that I am a frequent guest." And that is something that I would not mind at all.

The event could have been prearranged, the details of who paid the silver coin for her initial entry were unknown to him, only it had been paid. As for the origins of that singular gold marker, its history, and why it was owed, that could certainly be a mystery for her to unravel later. If he had of known her concern he would have suggested an encrypted holonet communications device.

"I hope so." Narran smiled politely, a hint of his own concern still there, dropping out of his professional role.

"I would be a fortunate man to see you again Ms Terallo." He looked at her in a way to let her know he meant it. Then straightened his posture when she asked him whether he visited other hotels. "We have many, and I travel between them where I am needed. If I could take Takodana's natural beauty and Sorocco's disposition toward reputation being meaningful, I would have my ideal home." Life was compromise, unless you found that one thing, place, or person where both had exactly what they wanted. Which was a rare and precious thing not to be taken lightly.

He knew she hadn't travelled as much as she'd like, so instead his question was more personal, "What one thing has made an impression on you most from your journeys so far?" Was it boarding a new ship for the first time, seeing an offworlder, tasting the food, a quiet hideaway nobody else knew about?

OOC:
Consider the marker and open tag for Mr Black or an NPC you write yourself at a later date

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom