Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Jedi Returns

TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble

GADividerBlue.png

It had been some time since Sol’yan had visited the city-scape that was Coruscant. It was as much a wonder now as it was then, albeit in the grips of the ever-escalating war with the Brotherhood of the Maw, and a rise in tensions with the newly ascendant Empire. Although Sol’yan was not the eldest of his kind, living nearly a century and a half tended to provide a level of insight few living creatures possessed. The Galaxy had a tendency of repeating a vicious cycle of events more often than not. Invariably, a totalitarian society would rise to the fore and attempt to conquer the galaxy under its influence, with embers of resistance erupting into a full-fledged fire of rebellion to oppose it; usually in the name of freedom and justice.

Thus far, the Galactic Alliance had been the latest incarnation of said freedom, with the New Jedi Order standing at its side as its benevolent protectors and guardians. Or so they claimed to be. Sol’yan had spent the better part of a century of his years of life in exile from the previous version of the Jedi Order, when his blindness had opened both himself and his master to the ever present danger of the dark side. He was so young then; blinded by his feelings of acceptance in the arms of a woman of his kind. That blindness had lead ultimately to the death of his master, at the hands of the very woman he had fallen in love with. On the same day in which he was forced to take her own life, he had also decided it was time to part company with the galaxy at large. He spent the better part of that century becoming one with the galaxy, and the rhythmic thrum of the living force that surrounded and permeated all life. He slowly had come to terms with the past, and upon his return to the galaxy via the Silver Jedi Order, had soon thereafter become at peace with himself even as he fought against the existential threat of the Bryn’adul.

In so attempting to be at peace with himself, he had drawn himself out of the self imposed pit he had exiled himself within his own heart, and had allowed himself to reach out and pull another up as well. Ara Sheridan was his apprentice from that point onward, and even now he struggled with feelings of guilt as it would seem he had failed her when he was banished to the netherworld by an eldritch woman who accompanied the Brotherhood in its invasion of Empress Teta. Although he had returned to the land of the living, so much had happened between then and now - including his apprentice balancing on the line between the light and darkness.

He did not fault the Jedi Council for their handling of her case, but he was here to make entreaty on her behalf nonetheless. Her place was at his side, not contained within the halls of the Jedi Temple. After some investigation, he had come to the knowledge of the person he would need to speak to in order to make such an amendment possible - Jedi Master Noble herself. While Sol’yan had yet to make her acquaintance up until now, from what he understood, she was among the foremost on the Council - and the first among equals in all but name. The seasoned Jedi slowly made his way through the arches of the Jedi Temple, his steps with purpose as he entered.

He closed his eyes as he allowed the powerful currents of the force to wash over him like a soothing breeze. It had been quite some time since he had been around so many of his kind - namely, so many other Jedi. It felt both... refreshing, but at the same time, concerning. He judged it quite likely that the return of such an ancient Jedi as himself did not happen every day, and his very nature moved him to often try and avoid notice. All 7’-6” of him. But now was not the time to indulge himself in efforts of avoiding notice. He searched through the multiple different presences in the temple, and allowed himself to be guided into the Room of a Thousand Fountains. His arrival was again preceded by a momentary pause with the sound of the waters rushing upon themselves, the tranquility of the chamber not lost on him as he entered.

No sooner had he done so, had the force itself seemingly presented him with the image of the woman he sought. The Jedi Master approached Master Noble, his voice low and deep, but not unfriendly: “Jedi Master Noble I presume?” The large Feeorin smiled faintly, but the alien nature of his face may well have presented a peculiar image to the Jedi Master unless she was familiar with his kind. Valery Noble's presence was much keener and... sharper than he previously had expected. But what else could one expect from a Jedi as well known as she? “Forgive the intrusion... I am... Master Sol’yan...” He paused, as if searching for the right words. “Formerly of the Silver Jedi Order... and prior to that... the... Jedi Order.”

The words felt odd as they escaped his lips. While he did not fully break his ties with the Silver Jedi Order, they had fallen from the ideals he had previously associated himself with them for. And in all honesty, the current Jedi Order was not the same as the one he left those many years ago. While he was a Jedi Master, it remained to be seen if this ‘New Order’ would consider him thusly. Perhaps Master Noble would perceive as much, or if not... perhaps those uncertainties could be put to bed once and for all in this conversation. “I would seek an audience with you... if you have the time.”

DYnZ0fN.png

Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Sol'yan Sol'yan

Between the war with the Maw, the conflict with the Empire, her Padawans, and her personal life being hectic, Valery found herself with far less time to spend alone in quiet contemplation. Many things required her constant focus, but sometimes she felt she really needed a moment of peaceful silence to consider everything without outside pressure. It's what ultimately brought her to the Room of a Thousand fountains today — a brief meditative retreat to be spent alone.

She had found herself a quiet spot by one of the fountains, where she sat down and listened to the flow of water around her, which she used to cleanse her mind of distracting thoughts and emotions. But after some time spent in empty meditation, Valery felt another presence in the Force entering the serene room with her. She was familiar with most, if not all Jedi within the NJO, yet it was a signature in the Force she did not recognize at all.

Strong and refined, it stood out to her as someone with more experience than the majority of the NJO, which consisted mostly of younger Jedi. She was one of the few Jedi Masters they had, and she was from a time when all Jedi started their training at a very young age. It's the reason why, despite her relatively young age, she still has a lot of experience. Whether that was the case for whoever was approaching as well, she didn't know, but she got a similar feeling.

Her eyes finally opened and when they turned to meet the source of what she felt, she blinked and raised her chin to look up at the rather tall Jedi who approached her and offered his introduction. She stood up and bowed her head respectfully in return while a soft smile touched her lips, "I'm Master Noble, and it's a pleasure to meet you, Master Sol'yan," she said with a professional tone, but there was a kindness to it as well.

"I do have time to talk as well. How can I help?"

GADividerBlue.png

Sol’yan bowed his head in return as a sign of respect for the manner in which he was received. Master Noble did not react in the way he had expected with how he introduced himself, but perhaps he had failed to give her the credit she so deserved. But there was little time to muse upon such things - not when there were important matters to discuss. “I am of the understanding you have developed a bond with my apprentice in my absence - Ara Sheridan.”

He took a few steps forward to face the waters of the fountain nearest them and studied the pattern in which the drops impacted amongst the rushing waters. The power yet serenity through which such natural forces presented themselves served as a metaphor made manifest for the power he himself possessed. His people were a rarity in and of themselves, and of those who did walk the galaxy, they were known for their ill-temper and penchant for violence. Sol’yan had thus far risen above such things, and served as an example of what the teachings of the Jedi could do for one such as he.

But that did not save Ara from her fate. It was a shame he carried with him like a heavy weight upon his shoulders. “I am also of the understanding that my padawan has gotten into trouble - an error that I bear full responsibility for. I was not there for her when I was needed the most... despite my efforts to the contrary.” He turned to face Master Noble. “I was among the casualties from the Maw’s invasion of Empress Teta, and was banished into the eldritch realm of the Netherworld. But I have returned, and it is my intention to set matters to rights.”

Sol’yan’s eyes met Valery’s, an intensity within them that bespoke a resolve as impassable and constant as if made from ancient stone. “It has been some time since I have made contact with the formal elements of the Jedi Order. It was a life I had left behind almost one-hundred years ago. But, it is clear that was a mistake, given the circumstances both Ara and I find ourselves within.”

Contrary to what one might expect given Sol’yan’s imposing stature, he bowed his head contritely before Valery. His expression grew harder, as if he were exerting effort to keep his emotions in check before her. ‘There is no emotion, there is peace.’

“I seek your blessing to be restored into the Jedi Order properly, as well as for my apprentice to reclaim her place beside me instead of being restricted to the confines of the temple. I failed her, and it is my duty to set her back on the path we both know she needs to walk.” He paused as his eyes appraised Valery. While he awaited her response, he considered the woman he was conversing with in silence. She carried a certain purpose about her, as if exuded by the aura she carried within the force. Given her obvious mastery over the force itself, her emotions remained veiled to him. All there was for him to do was to simply wait, and trust in the force.

Regardless of her answer.

DYnZ0fN.png

Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Sol'yan Sol'yan

At the mention of Ara's name, Valery visibly brightened up a little. The young Zabrak Padawan had certainly caused some trouble during her time as a Jedi, and still wasn't always the easiest with everything, but Valery cared a great deal about her and had played a role in her training as well. "That's right, I've tried to offer her some guidance and training in your absence, especially after everything that happened."

Ara certainly had gone through difficult times, but as she listened to what happened to Sol'yan, she understood that was the case for him as well. Valery had little experience with the nether or other dimensions, nor did she want to deal with any of it. but she knew enough to understand that it meant trouble. Yet through it all, it seemed the Jedi Master persevered, and made his return in the end.

Perhaps too late to help Ara through what happened, but he wasn't the only one who failed to help her. That guilt of not having been there for Ara when it mattered most still lingered a little, but she knew better than to stay stuck in the past for too long. Everything was good between her and the Zabrak now, and the future looked much brighter.

Valery then blinked, as the Jedi Master continued and even bowed his head again, but the reason became clear quickly when he made his request. She paused for a moment and looked at him, taking note of what she could feel in the Force. But after a few moments, she offered a soft smile and dipped her upper body into a bow, "You're more than welcome to rejoin us, and if Ara would like to continue her training under your wing, then you have my blessing as well. I must say though, she hasn't been confined to the Temple in your absence and has learned quite a lot."

"She'll be happy to pick her training back up, but she won't be quite the same student you remember."

GADividerBlue.png

He had to admit, Valery’s response caught him a tad off guard. To be accepted once again into the ranks of the Jedi as a master after all of this time was not something he had expected; and with the bits and pieces of news that Sol’yan had thus far been able to string together, Sol’yan was of the understanding that Ara’s movements had been restricted given the gravity of her offense. He was a touch relieved to hear that she wasn’t a glorified prisoner at least; but the latter part of Valery’s statement had troubled the Jedi Master slightly.

“...she won't be quite the same student you remember."

“In... in what way do you mean?”

Sol’yan and Ara had crossed paths only briefly in the aftermath of her efforts to pull him from the Netherworld. He had felt her growth within the force back then. But outside of that, he was unsure precisely what Valery meant.

DYnZ0fN.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom