Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Heated Introduction (Part I)

(Anyone is allowed to join even if you didnt sign up before on the OOC post, the link to such is here. But after the ship has crashed you MUST PM me before joining so that we can find a reason for your appearance. If you make an Infereti please PM me first before you join in, as you would be on the planet and i need to know how to add you in.)​
Enroute through Hyperspace to Bonadan​
Aboard the Civilian Transport Wanderer​
Esseles.png
"One day till arrival to our next stop for refueling, after such we will be heading on back to let you all go on with your lives, throughout the day i will be heading around the ship and making sure all is ok with you." The intercom cut out as the voice of the captain had been lost in several rooms to the sound of people gambling or having a drink while in other rooms his voice had been received as clear as day. The several thousand year old design of the ship had been turned into a cruise ship in the recent years and its captain had been making modest repairs with the income he had received so far.​
Captain Ciro stood from his chair and looked at the first officer, clearing his voice. "You have the bridge while i go about to greet our passengers." He headed off through the blast doors and took a lift down to the specified floor that he had turned into the civilian area of the ship. They would no doubt be busy at their work, having a good time before having to return to their actual lives and all the while he would turn in more and more money. "Today, is a good day."​
The turbolift opened out to the main hall in which several patrons already occupied, going from installed slot machines and pazaak tables, the sound of credits being lost at the rigged tables, he would make not only the payment for their trip but swindle out those who bet it all in the risk that they would get a massive payoff. Then when they returned to port all was good as they would be broke and he would be rich, but he had to let a few win of course, else no one would ever believe that the games were fair.​
He gave the occasional greeting of course, and smiled pleasantly, a kind greeting to any of the morons here, and why shouldnt he offer them such great service. It was only right to treat the people making you rich with kindness. Hey, they might even come back and make him richer. The only problem of course comes with the fact that there is always one or two people that catch the trick, of course they are talked to and the problem is dealt with, a quick ejection out the airlock, framed to look like an accident was always a good way to get rid of troublemakers and make sure they never spread their truths.​
Iferetes, the Planet of Eternal Winter​
Forest near Mount Ceris​
He smiled as the snow fall returned, this place didn't feel right when snow didn't fall and how he hated his world changing, especially for the worse, it was bad enough he had to participate in one of his father's "Cleansing" Two nights back, but it had caused the snowfall to be black from the smoke, like soot from the southern volcanoes. IT was a horrid sight, chemical warfare and napalm right in the middle of a residential area. The screams of innocents...​
HE was happy to be in the forest where those things didnt happen, where the death of thousands wasnt on his family's hands and where he could relax away from the duties of a prince. Not like his family missed his absence, one of five and the only one with a heart, his family cared not for his life to tell the truth but it wasnt all that bad, he had the books and free time to sate any wandering mind. And now he stood in the middle of a clearing by the base of Mount Ceris looking up at the snowfall, with his friend and companion nearby. "Isn't it calm Lilythe?"​
@[member="Logan Hack'awin"] @[member="Adenn Colston"] @[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] @[member="Lilythe"] @[member="Helmut Todstern"]

Carliah Dakrone

Walking the Path to Redemption
Lilythe simply nodded, her eyes were scanning the ground before her, searching for signs of anything being amiss in the world. She bit her lip slightly, turning her head slightly to look at her companion. "You need to do something about your father... If he continues ruling this way.... There won't be many of us left before long." She hated pressuring Arthur like this, but that tyrant he called a father was getting out of control. She didn't fear for herself so much as she did for Arthur. If his father ever found out about him spending time in the Matriach settlements... She shivered slightly, it wasn't something she wanted to think about. She let her eyes drop back to the ground where she noticed tracks a few meters ahead of them. "Stithigam.... Guess we'll have a pretty nice dinner tonight!" She smiled slightly as she dropped to the ground, letting her Equitin's reigns trail in the snow, the animal was trained not to move unless she was either riding it, or told it to move. She set about following the tracks on foot knowing Arthur would be following behind her soon enough.
@[member="Logan Hack'awin"] @[member="Adenn Colston"] @[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] @[member="Helmut Todstern"] @[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

He let his eyes drift to her for a moment and spoke. "Lilythe, let the animal go for now, just enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts, and as for me doing something, what is there to do, fifth in line does not exactly give me authority and i have no way of rectifying such a problem. If you must go hunt im not going to follow right now." He looked back at the clouds above them, obscuring the sky and the sun, it would be a long while before night time and there was certainly time to hunt later. He let out a sigh and released the reins and rolled his head while it rested on his shoulders.

His breath let a cloud of air fog up infront of him before closing his eyes and listening to the air around him, it was so nice to be in a place so calm for once and he would trade anything to be this calm but that was not reality, he could not do that as much as he liked so he would have to remain in a world of black and light, life and death on a planet of eternal winter. @[member="Lilythe"]

Carliah Dakrone

Lilythe nodded once before racing off to find her prey. She thought she'd give Arthur sometime alone to think. "Don't move, I'll be back shortly." Was all she had said before leaving him behind with her horse. She found the large elk like creature a short while away from the clearing where she had left her companion. In one swift movement she had placed an arrow on her bowstring, aimed, and fired. She had practiced so much she no longer had to think about it, she just moved automatically. The arrow embedded itself straight into the animal's heart, killing it instantly. Lilythe stood there for a few seconds, contemplating how she would get it back. She couldn't touch the antlers as they were razor sharp, so she would have to drag it some other way. She settled for heading back for now and getting her Equitin as she trudged through the two foot high snow of the planet. Once back she looked at Arthur who still seemed to be staring off at the sky before grabbing the creatures reins and bring it back with her. She had brought a sled before hand anticipating a successful hunt and loaded the Stithigam slowly onto the sled, taking a few more minutes than she wanted before it was secure and she rode back to where Arthur was. "Look at what i found."

Arthur looked down from his own mount and stared at the corpse on the sled, scanning over it for a few seconds before nodding. "Good Job, better shot than i could have made at any rate so its a good shot to me. Ever wonder if we can get and see the stars, that would certainly be something interesting, exploring the stars and seeing what other worlds are like ours, maybe there is a tropical planet and what not, or a planet that is nothing but a sea, or one with cities that make our look like a village. And the creatures that come from the stars, do they have the power our gods have granted us, do they have great empires, slavery, or anything like that? There has to be something other than the lives we live, no?" He drummed his fingers across the back of the Equitin and breathed in deeply before letting it out in a thick cloud of fog. "Just think of all the possibilities."

Carliah Dakrone

"If you plan on finding a way to visit these places you'd better bring me with you." She smiled at him, a rare occurrence seeing as she was generally a very quiet and reserved person. She looked up towards the sky for minute, contemplating the many different possibilities of what could be out there. Who's to say there aren't other worlds out there? She'd love to see what it was like to live somewhere warm. "I hope for our sake we find a planet that isn't blanketed in snow all year round. That's not to say I don't love our world, but a change once in awhile would be rather nice. And as for the other questions, I can't say I have an answer. I'm just as curious as you are, maybe even more so. I'd love to see whatever is it out there. If only we could." She dropped her gaze back to the sled behind her. "I brought a tent, could we camp out here tonight?"

"That sounds like a good idea, its getting late anyways and we certainly dont want to be out in the open incase a storm blows over during the night, that would certainly be a bad thing do you now also think so? I mean i am not one that would like to turn into a Popsicle as i was riding home but who knows, you Matrians are a different breed and might like being icicles." He grinned as his eyes lowered themselves towards her and focused on the other figure, his hands crossed infront of him as he slid off and made his way to grab the tent on the sled and once in hand he would start moving the snow out of the way, it was a slow process but one that would pay off, after all sleeping on snow is a mistake you only make once in this world.

@[member="Lilythe"] @[member="Shakrin"] @[member="Logan Hack'awin"] @[member="Adenn Colston"] @[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] @[member="Helmut Todstern"]

Carliah Dakrone

Lilythe set about collecting fire wood and clearing a spot on the ground to build a fire. It took her a bit but soon enough she had a fire going and pulled a pot and some spices out of a pack she always carried with her. She threw some snow in it and put it over the fire to melt before she set about skinning her kill. She glanced up at Arthur once in a while as she worked, watching him go about setting up the tent. She carved a chunk of meat and cut it into small strips before throwing them in the pot along with the spices she had with her. "Got the tent set up yet?" She ask Arthur, not looking up from what she was doing.

Games of chance were rarely games of chance. Many people were blind fools to the games being played by their fellow players, or by the house. Contrary to what many believe, the house never loses, it just gives the appearance of a loss by paying out a small portion of the sum one has put into playing the game. Shakrin was no fool. His money remained safely within his pockets, where the house could not steal it from him, and where there was no chance of him losing it. He would much rather run into a Gundark's nest than play a game aboard this particular ship. It seemed an even larger gambit than most. Naturally, most of those on board either didn't care that it was rigged, or were too blind to see it. The assumption that every game, even life itself, is rigged against you will save your funds a substantial loss. He chose to stay out of it.

Instead, he remained settled in his seat, avoiding interaction with most everyone. A rare copy of an old book, Heroes of the Republic, rested in his hands. It was his first reading. He'd known that it had been banned by the Galactic Empire for it's tenants, and subsequently had then dwindled in numbers, making it somewhat of a rare find, and for that reason he had asked for it as payment for his last job. He never asked for money in payment. Money did not give him knowledge, or provide him access to knowledge. What the payment of books and other artifacts did was extensively expand his collection of rarities, while providing him with an investment for the future. Money was not something he needed to worry about. They paid him with a book, something that they thought much less valuable than their credits, and he made more money than they would have lost in credits. In a sense, he scammed them.

Of course he often scammed his employers, just in the sense that most people scammed people. While the person running this ship scammed the gamers at the table, stealing even more credits from the people that had paid, handsomely at that, for the trip on the ship, Shakrin took his employers tasks and often completed them in a way that they did not intend. New weapons were often destroyed instead of stolen. People were allowed to escape instead of being captured. He made his judments on what to do based on his moral compass, not how much people were paying him. That and his belief that everyone was corrupt.

The Captain was making his rounds. No doubt to check on his take. Shakrin paid him no mind. He was absorbed in reading about ancient history. Though these were always clouded and shaded by the perception of the people that wrote them, histories provided valuable insight if you could read through the coloring that they were written through. He studied them to understand people, not so much to understand the past. By understanding people, he could find the way to get through them. Once you understand someone, you own them. So let the Captain make his rounds. He was too busy to care.

@[member="Lilythe"] @[member="Shakrin"] @[member="Logan Hack'awin"] @[member="Adenn Colston"] @[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] @[member="Helmut Todstern"]

Aboard the Wanderer​
POV Capatain Ciro​
Captain Ciro glanced to the side at the peculiar man sitting and reading before wondering about him for a moment. Had he already lost all his credits, or was he simply taking a break from the tables... or perhaps this was a troublemaker in disguise, that was something that he could not have today. "Ah, you seem to be enjoying that book what is it that you read if i might ask sir, it looks certainly interesting from here that it is taking your time away from the many forms of enjoyment aboard my fine vessel? That is if you dont mind my asking, i find some books to be welcoming myself it is possible i understand your liking into the book." He crossed his hands behind him and grinned at the man, his eyes focused like a hawk as he waited for but a simple reaction.​
On Iferetes​
POV Arthur​
Arthur looked up from his task, he only had half the snow cleared that would be needed to tbe cleared for them to set up the tent so he merely shook his head and continued while he spoke. "You know, what if there was something else out there to see, a planet that wasnt just ice and snow all year long, or what if im just being stupid and theres no other being or planet like ours, no other place for life to exist and that the entire galaxy is nothing more than a collection of dead worlds with nothing more to give us other than what had been done so on our own planet. It makes you think about the possibilities that we might never know in our lifetime and certainly that is something that you and i both would hate for our lives to just go on like this with no change at all, dont you think so?"​

Carliah Dakrone

"I think it'd be worth finding out if we could find a way." Lilythe told him as she moved to help him clear away the snow. She smiled softly at him as she helped him. Once enough snow was cleared away she assisted him in setting up the tent before checking on their food again. She decided it was ready and retrieve to bowls from her bag. She handed one to Arthur and sat down beside him. She looked up at the sky, contemplating the many possibilites that could be hidden among the stars. "I think it's impossible that we could be the only planet with life. There has to be atleast one other place out there with life like ours. I wonder if anyone else ever wonders about our planet's existence. Maybe there's a planet that's warm and sunny all the time and they wonder if there's a planet of snow and ice." Lilythe said as she turned to face him. She continued to smile at him as she spoke. Arthur was the only friend she had aside from Tenebrae, and the only one she felt comfortable voicing her thoughts to.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Warden, Traveler, Hopeless Romantic
@[member="Arthur David Hardrada"] @[member="Shakrin"] @[member="Lilythe"]
Young in Spirit's Crew/Passengers (If any of you guys want to tag along): @[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Lendo Dral"] @[member="stardust"] @[member="Cab Khan "]@[member="Janus Rogo"]
By then, the Young in Spirit have visitted Iferetes already just couple of days ago and knowing very well that the planet needed some help, Sammo would have come back there with another group of adventurers.

In orbit around around Iferrets
The adventuring frigate, Young in Spirit, would enter the realspace nearby Iferrets, cutting through the darkness of spatial void with a flash of light.

On the bridge of the vessel, its Captain Sammo Hache-Khe was dressing up in snow gear, expecting to combat the Iferrets blizzards and winds once again. He whistled to himself slightly as he checked through all his equipment, watching the planet from the bridge's viewport.
"Sir, we have arrived and we are anchored in planet's orbit, your orders?"
Sammo's droid second-in-command said as Sammo smiled to him
"Connect me to our intercom speakers, I will be making an announcement, afterwards the bridge is yours until I'll come back, Second."
"Roger-roger, sir, very well."
The droid answered as he motioned for Sammo to the microphone, letting him know its ready.

Sammo smirked, grabbing it and turning it on as the intercom chimed through the ghost ship before his voice rang out.
"Hellooo crew and anybody else tagging along with us, this is Captain Sammo speaking. We have just arrived in the orbit of planet known as Iferetes, we will be sending down a shuttle soon in order to see if we can offer any aid to the inhabitants or find some adventure! So, for you possible adventurers who wish to join me on the expedition, we will be going planetside in 15 minutes, you have 10 minutes to join me in the hangar. Please consider the hostile environment of the planet, we will encounter strong whipping winds and freezing blizzards, so you know, dress accordingly. Until we will be back Second in Command has the bridge, so please, refer any concerns or suggestions to him. That is all, may the Force be with you and adventure always at your side!"
He would turn off the microphone after that with another chime of the intercom and grabbed his survival suit helmet

"Alright, you're in charge, Second, don't let the ship blow up while I'm gone."
"Roger-roger."
The droid answered before Sammo disappeared in the doorway, heading towards the hangar.

stardust had recently tagged along with the young of spirit for something to do and of course adventure, hearing the captain speak over the intercomm stardust went and quickly started to dress for the freezing planet below, she soon quickly headed to the hangar to the transport"stardust ready for action"
@[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"]

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="stardust"]
Sammo came strutting into the hangar, humming to himself and whistling as Stardust soon joined him, announcing ready for action.
He smiled to her, adjusting his gloves
"Hey, Stardust, how did you liked the Spirit so far, we have plenty of weird characters rolling through here a bit."
He looked down to his hands briefly to make sure the gauntlets were fitted properly
"I hope the rooms in living quarters are not too small for you."
He smiled to her again

stardust giggled and nodded"im liking my stay here captain and the my quarters are just the right size heh i guess once you git used to living out of a xwing anything is nice"stardust said as she smiled at him her appearance would be lime green skin emerald eyes and her lips a darker green"i say i fit nicely with your crew

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="stardust"]
Sammo smiled to her at her response
"I'm glad to hear it, there is actually something you could help me with on the expedition, if you don't mind that is."
He would look to nearby stash of bags and equipment to be loaded onto a shuttle, taking the one with mark "Supplies" on it.

He would offer the Supplies bag to Stardust
"This is foodstuff and dry rations that should last us for a couple of weeks, should something happen down there and we couldn't come back. There's few canteens of water as well, would you mind carrying it for us and looking after it when we go to the surface? I know it doesn't sound like the most glamorous job, but it is a very important one, without these supplies safe we might not last too long in case of emergency."
He smiled to her
"But I am sure that our lives, and supplies, will be safe in your hands."

stardust looked at @[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] in shock and awe putting the pack on she smiled a bright big smile feeling proud that even though she had only been he a few days that he trusted her"thank you sir i feel extremely honored with tgis"she said looking at him

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="stardust"]
Sammo smiled to her
"Alright,"
He motioned to the pack briefly
"Make me proud by keeping it safe."
It was a simple task, but an important one, and Sammo felt it made the young Twi'lek more engaged and welcomed on the ship, so everybody was happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom