Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Haven for Lost Souls

"I was wondering when you were going to actually mention the rest of the team."

And that was the point where he'd come into the light, so to say. His arms were folded in front of his chest as he'd move close to Z3ro. He'd then place his hands up to display he didn't mean any sort of hostilities before he'd fold his arms in front of his chest again.

"The Black Spirit, with the Omega Pyre. I didn't mean to crash the meeting, but I was following a fellow member. I reveal myself to you now to show that I mean no harm. Just as I know who's present, you now know that so I am present as well. I hope that the meeting will continue as was planned."

OOC Moment:: Going out of town for a few days. Won't be back until late Sunday night or Monday mornings.

Arek turned to Daxton and nodded. The imposing figure was well within his rights to be concerned for their initial investment, for it was certain that once Corona became established, there would be many people desperate to become a part of it. "Only those who were interested enough to attend tonight will be on the initial board. Others who wish to buy in will of course only do so with a majority agreement - we must protect our investment, after all. As for space, it is my deepest wish that we will continue to expand, however yes - those present today will indeed have first refusal."

Emmara made notes of this to make sure that Arek didn't go back on his word or try to twist out of it. Then again, she doubted anyone would be foolish enough to try double-crossing these people. They were serious about this venture which meant that it would happen - and Arek didn't need to be a part of it if he tried to pull a fast one.

"Meetings will be essential to ensure the smooth running of the station," Arek continued, unaware of Emmara's thoughts. "Holonet would be most convenient, I suspect - we are all busy with our own operations and cannot be certain of being in that sector in time for a meeting." He turned then to Durok. "As for finance - whatever means you wish to operate in your sectors are of course your own concern." Translation: if you want to launder your money through the station, it's your own business. Emmara rolled her eyes; trust Arek to not want to get his hands too dirty. Still, Alli had a point; it was less risky to operate such accounts alone.

"Your sectors will be governed by your own laws, provided that they do not directly contradict the overall laws of the station," Arek said now, bowing his head to Alli. "As the overall laws will be few to encourage... freedom of operations, then I do not believe there will be a problem with punishing transgressions as you see fit."

When Zero spoke, Emmara jumped to see another person emerge from the shadows. He had been so still and silent that she hadn't noticed he was there. It was good to see that Omega Pyre appeared to be in full support; the more factions that were involved, the easier it was likely to be to keep Corona thriving. Arek greeted the Black Spirit with a nod.

"As for location, I am content with the station being located near Tatooine, unless anyone else has a suggestion they feel is more suitable to our joint venture?"

Zero knew that something was up. But D' Orrin had to show up as usual. Zero shook his head and listened to the conversation that went on. He was supriesd that they would choose over Tatooine. It was a desert planet without much life. "What is so Special about Tattoine? Minerals that you may fine could be here? I dont think so. Why Do you propose that it be over Tatooine?"

The Sith Knight too turned to listen closely to the reply, although secretly he actually would prefer it to be located on this barren desert world because of his interests on the planet, he wasn't about to tip his hand just yet to the others. He would wait for the reply to see if they revealed any of their cards to the others at the meeting.

Alli Wren

A
"I would propose the Dragonflower Nebula, it is a nice neutral location that is yet central enough to be close to most of the galaxy. Other than that I am content to begin investment immediatly. " She said with a smile, It was going to be an interesting future, with this station. It could be as large or small as they needed it. and she would not be crossed by any of them. She watched them all wondering who else had an idea for an location.

DurokNe'Ja

D
"Tattoine is along the Corellian run, it would be easy for new clients to get to the station and easy to get supplies. Not to mention, it is far out of the sight of the Republic at the moment and delivering the pieces of the station would go much less unnoticed if I am sending them to a planet less than a parsec away." Durok countered, he was about to let this go easily.

Alli Wren

A
"The building of a station was perfectly legitimate last I checked sir, I hope people notice the wonder we are building and bask in its size and grandiose. I have factories all over the galaxy, and will build any piece of any size. I have ship yards and droids that can help build on the site. I don't see why your so secretive about a perfect legitimate station, that just happens to be free of galactic law. I hardly care if it is close to the republic or not, I know that if someone crosses our station, that we all will ensure said party regrets it. Which is what i wish to bring up next. What about defense and security. What will we do to ensure security and defense of the station to threats? "

Darren Onyx

D
[OOC: Sorry for posting so late but hey I can make it work]

In the corner sat Onyx. He just listened to everything. He thought it was a great idea. He knew this had alot of potential. His close friend Daxton seemed in on it to, making him feel even more confident. He didn't speak up still. He wanted to see where this went exactly before saying anything.

DurokNe'Ja

D
"You idiotic welp!" Durok growled at the Alli, his anger obvious in his voice "Do you think the Republic would not take notice of the illegal activities taking place! We have a darksider here, you believe his business will go unnoticed by those who seek to maintain the law! Legitimate as you like to think this station is, it is still at threat of being shut down if law enforcement discovers the activities of some of our members!" Durok calmed himself a little so he could properly address security

"As for security, my organization can produce a wide variety of OOM security droids and other CIS droids that are inexpensive and perfect for the task."

Alli Wren

A
" Who is going to shut it down, short of the republic fleet coming to our doors, nothing will shut me down, Now if you anger the republic enough with your activities to get their whole fleet down on us, nothing will save us. We just make it more worthwhile to keep around, Feed their spies scraps, I will have a small fleet of Ships manned with thousands of droids protecting my investments, If the station is too much trouble to deal with yet not enough trouble to spend the effort to shut us down, we will be fine. You make it not worth the effort to deal with and they won't deal with it. but if this station is going to have big enough crime on it, that it is going to be a prime target for the Republic, I think I might just pull out and build my own damn station. I mean what are you going to be doing... beyond transporting ilicit cargo, and selling drugs. "

"You ask a question about security when you have members of Omega Pyre here. Common sense would dictate that since we're already in the business of security, that we'd also offer a point of security to the station. But just to ensure that there's no conflict of interest, the more logical course of action would be a joint venture between the Syndicate and Omega Pyre. That way no one side has more say over the security measures. If anyone else has a say with the security, what I suggest from there is that each section offer its own security measures. That way things are kept more or less in house. If you cannot afford your own means of security, I'm sure the Pyre would offer its services. Though I'm sure it'd cost you a price. I'm only a representative, I don't make decisions for the group as a whole."

Daxton let them squabble over the schematics, minor as they are, the point was some of the biggest minds in the galaxy wanted it bad enough, it would come to pass. Arguing who had more say was beneath him, he already got what he wanted. All that mattered was making sure to consolidate his gains. Drumming his fingers on the arm of his chair, he watched to see who among them would emerge as the leader and browbeat the rest down.

Emmara rolled her eyes as the arguments began. This was why nobody had done this before, she thought; because it was impossible to get people to work together, particularly from different factions. It wouldn't be long before weapons were drawn unless Arek stepped in to stop it. He was frowning, deep in thought, and then he stood, raising his hands and clearing his throat to catch their attentions.

"Are we to destroy our dream so soon?" he asked softly, looking at Alli and Durok in particular. "My suggestion of Tatooine was simply because it was the first place suggested and in a suitable location, however as there is some debate over this then here is what I propose. We need a place close to a trade route or one of the main routes to the core worlds, to make it easier to reach. We need an area of space not under contention by the Republic, or the Rebels, or any of the other factions vying for control of the galaxy. I propose we situate Corona either near Sullust, where three routes meet, or near Denon, although that may be too close to the core worlds for comfort. If anyone has any other locations they wish to debate then please speak now."

Arek then turned to D'Orrin. "I believe your suggestion of a joint venture between Omega Pyre and the Syndicate to be best for the common areas; each section then to have its own security provided by whoever owns it."

Finally, Arek dropped his arms, his fingers briefly caressing his weapons as a reminder that in the room were enough factions to give the Republic pause for thought. "We will not answer to the Republic, or to anyone else," he said softly. "We will protect our station from the interference of outside factions. On our station, we will rule."

DurokNe'Ja

D
Durok nodded, he was in no mood to debate this much further. The two locations suggested were fine with him and we would be satisfied with the security since he would be running it in the common areas and his own section. The Gen' Dai stood, and flared his nostrils "I am finished with this meeting, The Southern Triad agrees to the location and security measures. I have other business." He turned to Allie and snarled as he walked for the door "Contact me if you buffoons change your minds."

(OOC: I'm making this RP the point in time right before Durok's assassination by my new character. Zev Stargo will be taking over the SSS and will continue to support the idea of an independent station. I'm just trying to wrap up all of Durok's RPs so I don't have to worry about him.)

Darren Onyx

D
"The Roche Asteroid Belt." Onyx finally spoke up. He stood from his seat in the corner and faced everyone. "The Roche Asteroid Belt is right on the Parlemian Trade Route from the core worlds. It is remote and the asteroids help with protection. A perfect location. I also have reason to believe some of the asteroids can be mined for minerals. Even better." Onyx then sat down and waited for the crowd to respond.

Zero nodded. If the best of the pilots could get thought there then they are welcome at his table. possably. Zero said still sitting in his chair. "I agree with the Astroid belt." Zero then looked aorund for another other seconds for the moution.

Arek looked around to check everyone was in consensus, then nodded. "Very well. The Roche Asteroid Belt, unless there are any further objections...?" He waited to see if there were before he continued.

"Unless there are any other points to discuss, I feel it best we leave matters there and make arrangements to have supplies and workers shipped to the Belt. Construction should begin immediately. I will be able to provide an ample supply of labourers." No doubt slaves, Emmara thought scornfully, but most people would be too polite to mention such a thing. "The sooner we can launch our station, the sooner we can begin to make a profit."

"Then we are in agreement. The Sith would honor our commitment today, we shall be in touch for the details. Until next we meet." Daxton rose from his chair and left the room followed by his companion. A sense of foreboding and tension leaving as the Sith Knight left their presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom