Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Haven for Lost Souls

The room was stereotypically lit; a single light shone down on the long table whilst people lurked in the shadows, hesitant to come forward and be seen. At the head of the table was Arek Thorn, representative of the collected criminal gangs of the core worlds, a position he had achieved by liberal use of poisons, assassins and, when nothing else worked, a good old-fashioned knife in the back. He had big ideas, ideas that refused to be confined by the laws of whichever world he operated on. Ideas that demanded action.

Behind him, watching everything that went on was Emmara. Ostensibly a low-ranking member of his organisation she had nevertheless created an opportunity to join him, to take part in this unique venture. It wasn't commonly known that she had set her sights on his position, but Arek was paranoid enough to have placed his bodyguard between Emmara and himself in case she got any funny ideas.

A message had been sent out, unusually not in code, with a time and a place - here and now, on Commenor, and an invitation to belong to 'the future', as Arek had dubbed it. Emmara wasn't sure what he was planning but knew she had to be in on it. Beside her stood Viera, an information dealer who was well thought of by Thorn. Viera knew of Emmara's ambitions and wholly supported them.

"Why are we here?" Emmara stepped forward, growing fed up of waiting. "Who else is coming?"

"Anyone with a vested interest in my vision," said Arek calmly. "Anyone who wants to pledge their support for a place bound by our own laws, somewhere with no allegiance except to the paying customers. A veritable haven for the lost souls of the galaxy."

"Aren't you the generous one," Emmara remarked darkly, returning to the shadows. Viera had told her of Arek's plan. A space station, built in space controlled by no one faction; a place where loyalties are left at the door and the only thing of any importance was currency. It was to be his crowning achievement, a home for everyone to come and part with their hard-earned credits. Emmara was doubtful it would work as he expected. No one would invest without their own stipulations, not if they were sensible. Still, if it paid off, it would be a wonderful legacy to inherit. She settled back and watched the door, waiting for Arek's alleged interested parties.

Zero was invited into a meating. It was for people who would be creating "The Future" He didnt know what the future hold but he would certanly deal with it when it came his way. Zero was wearing his normal attire. He also wore black Sith robes that he had looted form a deal sith from long ago. It coverd most of his armor and was sleavless. the outside belt was was a deep red and was silk. the Sith he had gotten if from was a very wealthy one. Thats how he had most of his weapons. Zero had his hood up and his signature sword on a sheath on his back. He always loved the thrill of these sort of Meetings.

He was told that he would meet at a "safe" location. He was picked up by some one and was told to put a hood on. he agreed. It was usual for someone wanting to hid themself and still have contacts. Zero was taken to a different building and was told that he would be taken to "Boss Thorn". He was then lead into a room. there was a man with a woman he had never seen ither of them. he wanted for them to addres him before he would speek.

Alli Wren

A
Alli couldn't believe she was here meeting with some gang, but then again they had an interesting proposition, and of course she was a all about such propositions. She smiled at the guards as her own droidika's followed her, She took a seat, far from the unpleasant man. " Greetings, all, it is a pleasure to be here. " She wouldn't be play by their criminal rules. she was here to invest in "the future"

Well Orrin hadn't been invited. Instead he was following Zero. Stealth movements and leaping from one shadow to the next to aid in concealing himself as he was using an optic displacement feature. Using holographic imaging in real time to overlay his physical form while he was moving quietly. When Zero had reached the destined meeting point, instead of waiting for Zero to come out, Orrin would closely trail behind him to gain access, and then stand off to the side of the area. The continued use of the holographic stealth option was killing the batteries in his belt. And so he'd find a corner that had a mass of shadows to help conceal him. easy enough with how dimly lit things were. Afterwards, he'd shut his stealth option off and would simply fold his arms up in front of his chest to see what was going on. Perhaps he'd reveal himself to the crowd, if he hadn't been discovered by some sort of scanner already. But chances were he'd stay silent unless he needed to say something or need to take some form of action. More than likely, to get himself out of the situation he had so lovingly gotten himself into.

A cold dark aura preceded the arrival of Daxton Bane, clad in highly reflective purple and green armor beneath a simple looking chain weave hood. Slightly to his right was another cloaked figure, her presence strangely muted but equally just as dangerous. As the doors opened all eyes turned to him, but he ignored them, no words of greeting for now.

The tension was so thick you could cut it with a dull spoon, as he strode towards his chair at the right side of the one who called the meeting. A place of honor, and no one dared challenge him to that right, for Bane was here not just for his interests but to represent the interests of several Dark Lords as well. There was a sigh of relief when he sat down and his apprentice took the submissive position behind him, awaiting further orders.

There were several familiar faces at the table, but he wasn't surprised. This proposal was so outrageous it might actually work and if it did, Daxton wanted to be there to reap the rewards. He remained silent as he waited for the others to make their play.

People started to filter in; some confidently, some a little more surreptitiously. Emmara was awed at the vast difference in those attending this meeting. None of them looked like they had any business with Arek Thorn, except possibly arresting him or killing him. Yet they sat, waiting for him to speak! Emmara was finding herself more and more intrigued by his vision. Perhaps this was why he was the spokesman for the underworld: he dreamed big, and you found yourself caught up in that dream.

"Thank you for coming," Arek said with a gesture, nodding greetings at those seated. "I realise my transmission may have been rather cryptic, however I am sure you appreciate the need for subtleties in matters such as this." He stood and, tailed by his bodyguard, began to circle the room - keeping a respectful distance from those seated in case they took offence at his approach.

"I have had a dream, ladies and gentlemen. A dream so exquisite I must share it with the galaxy." Emmara frowned; Arek's flair for the dramatic was rather annoying at times, especially when it kept him from getting to the point. "Since the Gulag Virus annihilated our fair corner of space, life has been difficult. We have rebuilt, we have endured, but the light has been missing from our lives. Where is the fun?" He swept his arms around to encompass the room, the occupants, the lights of Commenor outside the windows. "Various organisations vie for power and it seems at times that it is difficult to simply be." He turned and the lights rose enough to reveal a computer screen at the end of the room. Arek pointed at it, and cried, "Behold!"

The screen flickered into life with complex blueprints for Arek's vision, his space station. It would be huge, dominating the sector of space it would eventually be built in. Arek had thought of everything - mostly shops, but also a track for pod racing, an arena for contests, rooms to stay in, conference rooms (much like the one they were currently in), and large amounts of empty space.

"May I introduce you to the Corona Space Station," he said grandly. "A neutral place for people of all walks of life to come and spend their hard-earned. A place where factions can mingle without having to fight, though we have places for those who do want to fight. The galaxy is in a precarious place, my dear investors. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Which government will emerge triumphant? No one can know; but what I know is that the credits must flow. Without money we are nothing." He turned back to those at the table.

"We are the strongest of the strong, let us not be modest. Only the strong rise to the top, and the strong realise the need for a place to ensure they inherit a thriving galaxy. I propose Corona be that place. There is plenty of space for those who invest to build sections to suit their own needs. Recruit, if you must; plot behind closed doors, hire assassins, have illicit dalliances with the opposite side, I do not care. Money is power, ladies and gentlemen. Corona will be money. It will be a place to where the weak may serve their purpose by gambling, by drinking and living in squalor; a place where the strong will, as ever, rise to the top for your attentions. All I ask, most humbly, is that Corona be founded on the understanding that war will not touch it. Squabbles between people are inevitable - but Corona must be a sanctuary, a haven for all sorts, and most importantly, it must ensure the money circulates." It went without saying that Arek intended Corona to keep the money circulating within itself. Emmara was impressed. He truly did have a vision; she could only imagine what potential the space station would have as a tool for whoever gained control of the galaxy. War may not come to Corona, but he had made no mention of government staying away. It would be the perfect place. How many cantinas had she trawled, looking for work? Had this existed all she would have had to do was find a way there. Oh, she could see how many people would waste themselves away there.

Arek seated himself once more at the head of the table. "This is my proposal, ladies and gentlemen, but I cannot build it alone. I have resources to bring but it will need to be a joint venture. In return, you will be able to do as you please with sections of it - surely this would be a boon to your various organisations?" It was a question that needed no answer. Arek sat back, waiting for their first impressions. Emmara crossed her fingers, hoping they would be good.

Zero lisened to the mans "The Future" speech. It was intresting. A place where there would be no fighing unless it was allowed and you could do just about anything you wanted. He was cirous about what the goverment and what exactly he would own if he accepted the plan. Zero then was the first to speek up. "Goverment, where is it? And sections that I would control. what am I limmited to?"

Alli Wren

A
"Sounds great to me, but who ultimately owns. the station? Do we have to pay to have control of our sections? and Baktoid Industries of course will invest our droids, materials and shipyards and anything else, as this will be a place to make much profit. " She smiled, " We will fund and run anything that is needed from medical facilities to cantinas to resorts" She planned on spending alot of money on this project. Since she was the only serious businss interest really other than the sith... She was intiruged though as it would be lucrative.

He figured his cover of darkness bit was blown when the Sith had entered. He didn't bother to Lose himself in the Force to mask his presence there because he figured that no one of that affiity would be present. Rookie mistake on his part. Though he did take he time to listen in on what was being said. And to a great extent it did interest him. But not for his own ends, for that of Omega Pyre. He wasn't really one to brown nose, but he was loyal to those that he worked with. Where Zero was looking out for himself, he figured that the entire organization could get in on it. They could pool their funds and resources to aid in the construction of the station, and they being a security outfit, it also meant that they would more than likely have a hand in its defense and day to day order keeping. Which would play an even better role for them. FFor now the two Dark Siders had not given his presence away for whatever reason. Perhaps they thought little of him. In which case that worked for him. For now he'd be content to listen in on what was going on. Making mental notes of whom was present so that when he reported back to Teg he coukld give a better detailed debriefing so she could make some sort of informed opinion on the matter.

Daxton let the other speak as he considered what possibilities this opportunity represented, both himself personally and to the Sith Empire. He patiently waited to hear the response to the question of ownership. Naturally if they were going to spend that much, the issue of ownership would become a vital question.

DurokNe'Ja

D
(Sorry I'm late to posting, forgot about this one lol)

Durok had been quiet, just listening to everyone speak. This station could be of great use to the syndicate, but if he were to help in its construction he would want a big slice of the profit. "If this station is all you say it will be, the Southern Triad would be very interested in investing...however." Durok said as he eyed the people around the table. The darksider was an interesting sight to see at a meeting such as this "If I am to commit resources to this project, my organization will need a large segment of the profits generated and a guarantee that we can run our operations openly there without threat from galactic laws."

Emmara listened to the questions as they came forth. They were all very good ones and she wondered how Arek would answer. He didn't seem worried, almost as if he expected these queries, and simply smiled at them again.

"Your sections are your own business," he said calmly, "so long as they do not threaten the future of the station. I believe that as it is in all of our interests to ensure the continuation of Corona that this will not be a problem. As for who owns the station... why, we will, my dear investors. The station will be overseen by a committee comprising of those who have a vested interest in the health and wealth of the station, and who would be more concerned than those who have put money in? If well-tended, your investments will be returned a thousandfold."

Arek then turned to Durok. "I will welcome no galactic laws to the station," he said, quite firmly. "It is to be run by our rules. Bounty hunters may track down our guests and that is their business, but the only agents of the law who will be welcomed are those who are off-duty and who agree not to pursue their quarry. Should they break this law, it will be up to the board of investors to decide how best to punish these transgressions." Arek had his own reasons for not wanting the law to be too involved. Emmara would have bet a large amount of money that each of these people would have at least some illicit activities going on.

"As for the profits generated, you will each receive one hundred percent of the profits from your own sections, plus an equal share of the main profits from the parts of Corona not controlled by an individual. I believe this to be more than fair." Incentive to make their parts work, and to keep the rest ticking over nicely. As much as she hated to admit it, Emmara was glad to be a part of this project. Arek had thought it all through carefully. It just depended now on what those who had come here today thought of his views.

Zero liked the sound of the credits. He was glad that he would "rule" his own sector. It was intresting that the man would do this, but something could be up. HOW would he earn money himself, if he was giving us almost all of the money he had. This troubled Zero. He didnt decied to ask however. Zero jujt watched and lisened for the reactions of the other people in the room.

DurokNe'Ja

D
That was a lot of money to be made, and if he could get it built close to SSS space he could be assured that he could always keep a watchful eye on his investment "This deal seems fair, I propose that a majority of the materials be created by our Geonosian factories. We could send the parts somewhere near the Tattooine system for a very light fee."

This was the point where Orrin had decided to simply turn on the communications system within his helmet. Allowing a direct feed of the conversation at the meeting to be transmitted back to his ship as well as the Omega Pyre base for posterity. They were talking money. And although he didn't have much of a need for it himself he would however figure that the Pyre could use increased profits. Which meant thins would go a bit better for all of them. But one thing was actually kind of bothering him. The fact that the Dark Siders hadn't said anything. He hadn't shown up to attack anyone or anything to that degree, but no one liked being spied on. He was hoping that Daxton and his aprentice, would still see him as negligable at this point. Or at least the both of them having the mutual respect of, since no one's being attacked there was no reason to react, kind of thing.

So for now he'd continue to listen. What he was hearingwas definitely interesting enough, given the point of the conversation. So he'd keep his arms folded up against his chest as he was leaning against a wall. Making it a point to move lightly so that he'd not make any really noticeable noise to draw attention to himself. Perhaps after all of this was done he'd confront Z3ro on as to why he was simply thinking of himself and not the rest of the group.

When Daxton spoke it was with a voice as cold and as impersonal as the grave. "I do not see any problem with your proposal however I do have a request that I would like to point out before we proceed." The way he said it clearly indicated that these were more than just a simple requests he had in mind. "First, that those present in this meeting are to be considered the primary investors for this venture. Should other factions express an interest in joining, they may do so but they will have to gift each faction present with a consideration fee. It does not automatically mean they can join, as it will still have to pass by majority vote by those present or by the duly indicated representatives. Furthermore since space would be a consideration for the future, those present have the right of first refusal to any section within the station, agreed?"

Alli Wren

A
"I agree with Daxton, as that makes the most sense, and of course as I stated we have extensive mining operations and manufacturing capabilities and would love to extend them to the station, but I agree that these rules are needed for the establishment of the station. I also propose that we have regular meetings either in person or via the holonet to discuss business and move through processes such as addressing requests for new stores, to amending current station rules, and anything else that is pressing. and any primary member can at their discretion call an emergency meeting to discuss an issue of their choice. "

DurokNe'Ja

D
"Agreed, I also believe we must have secure ways of moving funds from the station to other accounts. Wire transfers and direct physical transfers are to easily traceable. I suggest we have an outside bank assist with money transfers, for those of us who wish to hide our activities. I suggest that we take our profits weekly, once we all have an exact count of our profits we take out a loans from the bank which are transferred to our accounts from a facility off station. These loans are then immediately paid off to the bank present on the station, if done correctly our deposits into the bank will appear as normal business and our money will appear to have never left the station physically or digitally...it will disappear and all our profits will come out clean via loans."

Alli Wren

A
" Sounds complicated... I rather investors take care of their own money laundering, as in your scheme if one of us gets caught we all get caught... " She said with a smile, knowing she didn't care who knew she was involved in such a place. She wanted to have a place where in the front it was a regular center for shopping, and entertainment, but if you knew the right people.. or paid the right amount you got 'extra's it would be her exclusive yet not exclusive destination. Protected by the best security money could buy to keep the riff raff out. She wanted to make the station more than just yet another criminal den, She wanted at least part of it to be open and safe to all. "Lets say.. I catch a thief in my sector, am i free to punish him as I wish?"

Zero liked all fot e questions and said "Agreed, and I believe that its our sector to run our rules. The Omega Pyre Would offer funds im sure. I will have to talk to the rest of them to see if they would agree." Zero just simply sat there taking in all of this information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom