Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Glimmer of Light

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Salis Salis

R.31033eb5390e44f536cea2d730f4a650

Back at Ahch-To again.

It's been years since Jax was on this rock. Though a planet comprised of mostly Islands scattered miles from each other, echoes of the Force thrummed throughout the planet. It was debated whether or not, Ahch-To was the true birthplace of the Jedi but regardless the Force's energy is prominent making it easier to connect to it. Jax climbed the shattered, stony steps towards the top of the mountain hearing the waves crashing violently against the stalactites of the mountain as well the infernal shrills of the damn Porgs from the distance. He remembered his master bringing him here to connect to the Force. Jax remembered his Master encouraging to go into the cave. The Jedi Master remembered it all too well, he thought he could take on whatever darkness was beckoning inside. Yet instead of a violent blowback, Jax felt enticed by the darkness. It didn't want to fight Jax, it wanted to understand him, to unlock his true nature.

Jax wanted to, the promise to be more powerful, to know who he truly was. Yet the moment Jax opened himself up was in when the Dark Side consumed him, blackened his heart nearly turning him to the Dark Side. Jax shook his head in shame, the Dark Side..... It felt good, a tiny part whispered to him said that there was something sinister behind it but Jax felt good. He felt in control, that he could conquer anything. The Dark Side after was a tool that he could serve as the greater good. At least that was he was trying to tell himself. At long last, Jax reached the top of the Mountain. He bought his cloak close to him hugging himself, Ahch-To was cloudy this time of year. He wanted to get some mediation going before facing going to Odavessa to face the man who claimed to be his father: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex .

"Or am I in denial of that?" Jax said leaning against the entrance of the old Jedi Temple. "Who am I?"

Zepher and Salis sat at the front of the ship as they landed discreetly on the world. "I am still unsure you made the correct decision. It is possible this is in fact a phase. Not about your retirement, you can come back from that or find another job. But as I understand it, the light side is a much bigger step. This could severely detriment your combat prowess and even personality."

Salis shook her head and smiled, "See, this is why I purchased you. Will give me all the criticism I need but not actually try and stop me. I've thought about this for a long time, we've talked about it. And maybe it is a phase, maybe I'll turn my back on it the moment I get down there and find what I'm looking for. But...this has been coming for awhile."

As they landed she got off. She'd not take the rough rider. Good though it was, it was too fast and noisy for what she was doing. She stepped into the rocky lands and began to walk. She'd do her best to be aware of the force. Seek out the light. It's reputation with the jedi was what brought her here, a hope that maybe the peace they sought out could be one she could enjoy. Something hopefully more reliable than her waning love for violence and bloodshed.

Though, it was not a way she'd used the force much. Trying to let the force just lead her where she needed to go was not easy. It was always easier when she knew her target, or didn't care. She couldn't imagine how hard the jedi life might be. If she really ended up trying to follow their rules. She'd always just...given in to her emotions and use them. It was what made her so powerful and dangerous. The very idea of using rules to keep her happy seemed utterly wrong. Sure, she followed some of them, but not internally. Just to avoid things like getting in legal trouble, and that was about it. This was going to be a challenging quest to say the least.

MK_II_Paladin_blaster_rifle
2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece.
Often carries extra commlinks on her.
Salis Lightsaber
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves
-Several phrik throwing knives

Ship:The Lance
Carrying:
Dvasia

On ship:
-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
501-Z_police_droid with MK II paladin blaster rifle Zepher
Z65_patrol_droid
All Terrain Rough Rider

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

latest

Jax approached the first Jedi temple taking a look around the ruined the building. Although the temple looked simplistic, Jax could hear the voices of great Jedi Masters and Knights that once occupied the place. Their wisdom and guidance filled Jax's head while he continued to walk towards the broken Jedi symbol. The Jedi Master smiled leaning down and running his fingers through the carved in picture. The Force flowed through him as if he was a gentle stream. He saw images, feelings of the past Jedi their triumphs, fears, excitement, jealousy. Yet those positive and negative feelings created a balance. It was one thing to double down on one's emotion, but it was another to acknowledge them and let those emotions pass.

Even as a master, Jax continued to struggle with this notion. He liked to think he made progress, but he knew that he was lying to himself. Taking a deep breath, Jax sat down next to the symbol. "Feel the Force," Jax mumbled it was easy to do so when the island was teaming with Force energy. As soon as he closed his eye, he found himself above the sky seeing the Island above. He could feel the island's essence, the rhythm of life working tirelessly to make sure that it provided the nutrients to create new life. Death, birth, violence, and peace were experienced on the island but yet it was maintained by the one thing that unifies the Force: Balance. The beauty of balance, the Living Force has a Jedi be in tuned to life to have the Jedi share a special connection to it. Let nature run its course, don't interfere with the cycle of life, It was something Jax wanted to instill within himself and hopefully Anneliese Anneliese and Myvette Faeli Myvette Faeli .

Yet Jax could sense another presence on the Island. A dark figure lost and in need of purpose was here. Who was this person? It was hard to see, the image was cloudy as if they were hiding their presence but still Jax could sense them heading his way. "Looks like I'm the only one looking for solace," Jax opened his eye rising up and awaiting the new person.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Salis never had mastered abilities like telemetry. Still, even she could recognize the presence in the light-side it had and its past even had she not come here for that explicit purpose. It was odd though, it also felt...confusing. She didn't too often seek out worlds strong in the light, nor were they planets she normally had any reason to go to. She rather felt that there was someone else here. But it was hard to tell who, what, or where. In fact, it was almost hard to tell if. Not sure I'm a fan of that. Could just be a temple, some force ghost, or a person. If it's a person...this could be a big risk. At least I assume some Jedi ghost would be understanding. Not so sure how happy a Jedi would be about meeting with me. she thought as she continued on her trek.

Wait...maybe it was more than one? No...they weren't all the same. This was too much of a problem, she decided she'd just have to be careful. Maybe Zepher should have come with her, or surveyed the area first before landing. She was usually so cautious but caution had just started growing weaker and weaker over time. It wasn't even as if this came about as a rise in confidence. She was never really concerned she just seemed to prepare on instinct. A want for someone to attack her meant she also made sure she took every step to know if a fight was coming so she could engage.

Maybe it started earlier than I thought. I started becoming less meticulous in my preparations and careful ways before all these other concerns came up. It doesn't really matter though does it, I'm where I am now one way or another. Wouldn't matter if it was years or hours. This is the choice I'm choosing to make right now and there's no reason to back down.

So many ways this could go wrong. Even if it went right today, it could go wrong tomorrow. If only the desire for destruction was growing instead of fading, then such measures wouldn't need to be taken. Nothing would really have to change. Maybe it's just a phase. Maybe it's age. Maybe it's a trauma to get over. Regardless, Salis planned to find a solution one way or another.

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece.
Salis Lightsaber
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Carrying:
Dvasia

On ship:
-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid
All Terrain Rough Rider

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

The Jedi Master leaned against the entry way waiting for the person to arrive. He wondered who this person was, not many people visited Ahch-To not even the Eternal Empire loitered here. Something that Jax was very grateful for, this place is sacred so much knowledge to be pulled from here. He could feel the person coming closer however Jax could also feel caution, confusion as well as..... a great darkness. Frowning Jax sighed reminded of his own darkness growing inside of him. Maybe that was the reason the person came here? To seek guidance and purification? Or was it to infest this island with the Dark Side of the Force.

"Hello there," Jax closed his eyes communicating with the person Telepathetically. "Are you lost friend? Do you need a place to clear your mind?"

Jax was hoping that this person was friend, he was in no mood to fight.

The closer she got, the more sure of another's presence she was. There it was, telepathy. It did not seem invasive, though she was vary wary of any further pressure. The words at least seemed friendly. She didn't use telepathy herself, it simply was never a skill she'd put much time or effort into. However, she still attempted to respond. Speaking aloud in case that helped, "Something like that. I'm seeking answers, the Jedi, however inferior they've seemed in the force to me, may have the answers I want. A happiness with less violence."

She responded, she kept her weapons out of her hands. Though, given her fighting style, that didn't actually mean much. However she hoped it would serve as a good sign if the telepath were to see her approach. She wasn't here to fight. She gladly would still if it came to meet her. But she wanted to find whatever pushed the Jedi to choose what, to her, seemed the weaker side. She wanted to see if the peace the Jedi sought out could serve to give her the joy she knew she could struggle with if her love of violence did indeed perish.

Maybe, just maybe, they could help.

tag: Jax Thio Jax Thio

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Salis Lightsaber
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Carrying:
Dvasia

On ship:
-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid
All Terrain Rough Rider

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Normally it would be rude to intrude inside of a person's head but Jax didn't want to take any chances. The woman seemed to be friendly albeit troubled but she was seeking what Jax was also seeking: Peace and some answers. "I'm not sure I agree with the Jedi being inferior." Jax smiled continuing to communicate telepathically. "But if you seek a purpose free from conflict..... well let me see I can help."

Concentrating, Jax placed light orbs in front of the woman lighting up her path. "Follow the light," Jax said. "At the peak of the Mountain is where you'll find me."

She let out a slight laugh thinking about what one might need to do to convince her of them not being inferior. But he was offering help, and she wasn't going to push it. Orbs of light appeared before her, a guide for where she was to go. It didn't matter at this point how alive or dead he was, she was given a path, and she was going to follow it. Not without watching for any and every potential trap. but follow it she did.

However long it would take her to keep going. She used to exercise, far more vigorous than this, so it wasn't too much of a challenge. Eventually she would make her way to the peak. By this point she'd already taken to the belief he was likely very much alive. And while she didn't currently deem him a threat, it wouldn't exactly take much to change that either.

"I do want to make some things clear." She said seriously, "I am not here to fight, for once. But I will if pressed. And I have plenty power and experience to back that up."

Very much a threat, or a warning. Depending on ones definitions. She spoke truthfully though. And for once she didn't want it to turn into a fight. It would be entertaining, certainly. But it would also mean she'd failed to seek out what she was here for. And if she had to temper her joy in the present to ensure it's survival in the future, she would.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

If you think I moved too fast, and you wanted stuff in between, I can backtrack. Just couldn't think of much more to add.

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Salis Lightsaber
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Carrying:
Dvasia

On ship:
-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid
All Terrain Rough Rider

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax gave a brief chuckle when the woman said that she wouldn't hesitate to kill him. "You're not the only one whose made that threat," Jax said looking at the scarred woman. "You're just the first who said that they won't fight."

A welcome sight given that the Dark Side was strong in her. Was she a Sith Lord? Doubtful, they would've crossed blades by now. "The name is Jax Thio," he said. "Jedi Master and who might you be? Why have you've chose to come on this desolate rock?"

"I don't doubt it." She aknowledged of his first statement chuckling. However much of a serious matter this was, her...light demeanor remained. It was what made her the way she was. Taking everything so lightly, even massacres. She nodded her head to him introducing himself, and questioning her in turn.

Salis considered it for a moment,
"No reason to hide anything really, could just look up my face. My name is Salis V'Trechen, Or Marai depending on what databank you look into perhaps. The next questions I'll answer together, you're essentially what I was looking for anyway, probably. I was once trained as a Sith Knight, though probably not in the empire you're more familiar with. I got bored with them, became a merc for awhile all while getting stronger, married a man and became in charge of his military, we merged under the Zweihander Union and I chose a low rank of Major. Had kids. He died, I blew up an unrelated fort. Time passes, I choose to retire and come seek the light side."

She took in a breath, "Doesn't explain it all though does it? I am hardly the darkest story, I'm sure you've heard of plenty tragic backstories. Mine's not one. I just really enjoy fighting and killing. Parents were normal, so you can't blame that. Just how I was. It started drifting a bit, becoming weaker over the last years. It's there, but I can tell it'll eventually wane. I have no interest in fueling my power off of anger or fear or any such emotion. I never cared about power, just ensuring my own enjoyment. So my presence here is practical. If and when my love for violence dies, I'd rather have an alternative. The Jedi are far more known for peace than any dark sided group, and I imagined there would be some...joy, I suppose, in it."

It was certainly a lengthy explanation, though far shorter than it could have been given her time of violence. She didn't even detail much about her children, or her transfer into a clone body of herself to remove the results of the corruption the dark side gave a body.

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Salis Lightsaber
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Carrying:
Dvasia

On ship:
-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid
All Terrain Rough Rider

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"The difference," Jax said continuing to smirk at Salis. "Is that you admit that yours is one of many but you lived an.... interesting life full of danger and darkness but with a twinge of happiness. I'm sure you want to rest your weary soul and who am I to stop ya? Ahch To is for anyone looking for answers. The Force runs strong through the place."

Maybe he could help her? Could be good therapy for Jax. Salis has a family and is full of bloodlust just like Jax was. "You and I aren't so different." Jax said motioning her to follow him. "We both crave battle and I admit I do enjoy the thrill of battle. Love it even but I try to calm myself but It wasn't easy. If you truly want to give up your life of violence it takes a lot of discipline."

She didn't care much to react to his assessment of her at first. Acknowledging a difference in her, via interestingly her own admittance of being a part of a greater group. A rather amusing situation. She narrowed her eyes, 'Twinge' of happiness was not the way she'd have referred to it. "I've enjoyed it enough. It's just that it may be coming to an end." she said, before addressing the matter of Ahch To itself "And I hope you're right about that part."

Salis glanced to the temple in thought, what could be offered for someone like her? Would peace suffice? Was it even genuinely possible after all the violence she'd dished out over her lifetime? Jax spoke up again drawing her attention back to him, she chose to follow. If it was a trap, it was a trap. But he seemed to be trustworthy enough, and she needed something. Trust in what she would normally have deemed just another thing to fight against would perhaps need to be the first step.

He even suggested a similarity. She wouldn't deny the possibility, certainly in a galaxy this vast, someone had to resonate with such a desire. Whether it was to the same degree or in the exact same way or not. "Unfortunately, that can be an issue. I have patience only for reaching a goal, joy, usually via violence. All other discipline of mine is effectively within that category. I'm not even sure this is worth trying, or if I should just find a battle in which I can go out in. After-all, even if there is some way to...adjust...to non-violence. I would need something to replace it."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Salis Lightsaber
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Carrying:
Dvasia

On ship:
-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid
All Terrain Rough Rider

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"Joy...." Jax smiled sitting down on the stone table. "There's a difference joy and pleasure, in my years of being a Jedi I found out that happiness is derived of those two things. You get your pleasure through extreme like fighting, partying, sleeping around and what not. Your use of violence falls under pleasure, it last a minute, an hour, and it peaks before it goes down."

Jax shook his head remembering the pitfalls he had over the years. "You want that same peak, you have to do it twice as much. More killing, more action, it's a like a drug. But on the other side lies joy, it doesn't have same peak as pleasure but last longer. It's something that you can recall, joy is love, life, your first child, the first time you achieve something that doesn't benefit you."

The Jedi Master smiled at Salis. "Joy is nowhere near as intense as pleasure," he said. "The joy can last a lifetime. You can never sustain pleasure, you'll end up destroying yourself. With joy, what I can offer you is a path of everlasting light, love and selflessness."

Salis sat down as well listening, trying her best to actually accept what he was saying rather than just argue her way around what he was saying. Besides, she knew he was in some way right. The desire to go 'well clearly not twice as much!' didn't completely hide the truth behind it. She glanced to the sky as he continued. She could recognize truth again. While she could remember her fights positively, it didn't hold the same value as...that version of joy. She never really put much effort into differentiating it. Perhaps that was why it hurt so much when Mike died so suddenly, so much was taken from her in a single moment. She'd never felt that much pain before. But, it was also through that that she'd gained her children and perhaps somewhere in that path, the taste of joy. Perhaps that was what really brought her to him in the first place, always fighting to protect him, even when she had to take a position of rank purely for his goals rather than be on the battlefield.

Selflessness. That was...not a thing she felt very familiar with. Even when she did things for her parents or her family they really were for her in some degree. That was how she saw any life, the best way to live. Even coming here was due to that drive to remain 'happy' to some degree. But now, she was going to have to sacrifice one type of 'happy' for another. It was uncomfortable. Yet she could tell he had to be right, and that gave her at least some hope that there was some alternative life for her. "Ok...I don't know if it's possible. But...I need something. And if this is the path to go down, then that's what I'll do. If you're willing to help me."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Salis Lightsaber
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Carrying:
Dvasia

On ship:
-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid
All Terrain Rough Rider

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

A smile formed on Jax's face when he sensed that Salis was reminiscing on what he said. At least she could be reasoned with unlike many Dark Siders perseverance was the key after all. Trying to extend kindness and compassion even to the most hateful of people. "Well, the fact that you're rethinking your life shows that you seek something more substantial." Jax said.

He began to walk closer to her. "You're thinking of your children, of your former husband and how they gave you joy. I can sense pain too; I don't know what it means and I don't want to know since it's your pain. But I can tell you to experience joy and live life to the fullest you must focus on the good things in life. The heartwarming memories with friends and family. It gives you a new motivation to fight, and I can help you maintain that focus if you allow me to."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

He was right about that, she was definitely seeking something more substantial. As much as she would find setting aside that pleasure she found in warfare, she knew eventually it wouldn't last. Not to the same extreme that she'd felt it once. Maybe keeping away from it would renew that vigor, but she couldn't rely on it to hold out. She had to find some other option to treat as her go to, something that could last her without simply washing away only due to her usage of it.

The pain welled up again at the mention of it. Still, there was joy. And she'd never sacrifice that pain if it meant she had to lose the joy that she'd gotten before it. He offered a route she was perfectly willing to take at this point, even if only years before she'd have completely disregarded it. "Yes, I will allow that much if I'm able. I can't make any promises. This is a path I've never gone down before." Salis responded. She wanted to follow it but after decades of only going one way, with one mindset, and especially with how corruptive she'd always been told the dark side was, it was unclear to her whether or not it was even possible to change the condition of her life now that things were changing without her will. "But, I will do my best to learn."

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Salis Lightsaber
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Carrying:
Dvasia

On ship:
-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor