Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A friendly hello

Meret took her wine glass and swirled it slowly watching the liquid cling to the curved surface of the crystal glass. The liquid was thick and left a wash of color on its sides. “ A very wise Prince taught the power of oppression. People are childlike; tyrannize them. Don’t seek love; if they love you, you have lost control. This kind of power uses up your source of energy. The people around you hate you. An advance form of power is a power of balance. The enemy has something you want. You have something the enemy wants. An exchange is made and the winner is the one who gives up the least. The most seductive enemy practices a balance of power strategy. He seduces you by small wins, partial information, and carefully metered emotional responses. One minute he is giving and the next minute he is with holding. You trade back and forth feeding off of the other’s uncertainty. Negotiation is important because it redistributes possessions and reduces the losses from battle.
Fear based power makes people act according to your wishes for the short run. Only love makes them do things in the long run. A Princess, or saint has one war strategy and that is one of love. To combine love and war requires a different understanding of love. A soldier will fight to the end for his lover, family, or faction. To fight from a position of love is to achieve a decisive triumph. Where you, Lord Cordel are your people’s tyrant, Lord Vynea you are your people’s soldier and I am my people’s saint.” She raised her glass to toast them “ To an alliance of three, a triad of unique energies!”
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]
@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Even as @[member="Lucien Cordel"]'s luxury yacht touched down on Zaadja the cold breeze of the planet blew ever on. Last time Sargon had been here it had been more then a little interesting, and he'd been a different man. Now he was a fellow governor, and would be aiding with @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]'s training. "Well, Lucien, what do you have planned my friend"

((OOC: sorry no muse right now but I wanted to not stall it))

Meret excused herself to put on her cold weather gear. She was assured that the gentlemen were talking about her. She took a longer than usual time to let them "spill their guts or share their opinions" about her. She thought her analysis about their relationships to their populations was spot on. Maybe she was too honest for their egos? Maybe she should just play the dumb blond until they revealed their motives and needs? This was going to be a really long trip.

"The population is quiet, the leaders ... compliant so In truth I don't know" He smiled. Their new friend had left He assumed she had gone to change but one could never be sure. He reached out with the force to signal one of his ships staff members. A member of Luciens staff arrived Tell the co-pilot to announce our arrival to The colonel tell her I want soldiers in full parade dress present when this yacht lands ... You are dismissed " Lucien spoke dryly.His drank more of the wine from his glass.Turning to sargon he said "You have brought quite the women there her methods seem good but I think her conscious will serve to hinder her ... May hap I can teach her that there is no moral solution to some problems."

Meret was dressed and ready to be given the grand tour. She wondered if this was going to work. She needed to speak to Lord Cordel in private. Meret slowly walked down the passageway and smiled at Lord Vynea as she approached the gentlemen. "Lord Vynea may I have a word with Lord Cordel?" She waited a moment and took in a deep breath. Meret moved closer so she could speak in a soft voice. Being close to Cordel made her anxious. His body scent reminded her of exotic spices from the Outer Rim. She could feel his warm body temperature. " Lord Cordel with all due respect, I don't know if this assignment is going to work. I am head strong, I have my own opinions and I will not be your pawn. If you are not open to me having control over my projects then, I should resign now..." She looked into his eyes and felt dizzy. She closed her eyes to clear her head. When she opened them she look at his mouth, his lips rather than his eyes.

"My lady you seem to misunderstand We want you to be head strong, If I wanted a pawn I would chose a fool" He smiled Feeling Meret's warm breath running down his ear, It tickled just a little. He turned to face her "This trip was merely to allow you to meet me and see how i run things ,to give you an alternative to Your own ideas that and to give me an excuse to hold a soiree." He said. Then he whispered back "Sargon wanted me to train you as I trained him but If you feel the experience is unneeded then their is no need to undertake training. The only reason sargon needed training is because he was a military man capable only of following orders not giving them if you can do that the rest is down to personal preference"

“Please forgive me Lord Cordel, in the past I have been use as a political pawn and vowed that it would not happen again.” Just as Meret relaxed the Yacht hit a patch of turbulence. She was now even closer to Lord Cordel. She hesitated and stayed in his personal space for a few awkward moments. Slightly embarrassed Meret tried to explain what just happened.“ You see, my governing style is hands on, I can expand my circle of influence by starting with a small, limited circle of responsibility, by building relationships on a personal level which will result in loyal friends. A command and control structure depends on those personal relationships. Someone invents laws or rules that others are forced to submit to. Rules limit behavior good or bad.” Meret felt her body temperature rise. Her cheeks became flushed. She took two steps back creating a proper space between her and Lord Cordel. “ My question to you is: Do you want to mentor me? I am here to learn.”

"There was nothing to forgive ... " He began before Meret fell into him. How very forward he thought then he returned his focus to what she was saying, hands on was right he thought again " I want to mentor you yes it gives me something to do " he smiled "Now you may find my teaching methods unorthodox and highly immoral but just remember mindless obedience is the worst sin of all" He said. The ship landed a few moments later and Lucien gestured to the door "Shall we begin my freinds?"

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"Friends, yes, and I look forward to us working together." Meret stepped towards the hatch and then waited for Lord Cordel and Lord Vynea. She adjusted her cold weather gear to keep herself as warm as possible. As she waited she was glad that she had talked to Lord Cordel. It was better to explain herself now than later. Being a woman in a man's world was difficult. She winked at Lord Vynea to get a reaction from him.
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Watching the quick whisper conversation between Lucien, and Meret the Zabrak simply minded his own business as he activated the thermal gel inside of his coat. Giving a quick smile as she winked at him Sargon exited the luxury yacht as he felt the brisk air of Lucien's planet hit him in the face. It was no wonder Lucien tried so hard to get away from this planet, by the Force it was freezing here. Drawing his hood up around his face the governor kept warm inside of his coat.

"So then Lucien, if we are skipping the training, what do you do for fun on this ice box?"

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"] @[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Luciens Valet stepped into the ship's lounge to help Lucien put on his coat. Lucien spoke to sargon as he did so "I am still going to mentor Lady Blackmoon however I don't think she we need as much training as you did" He stopped for a moment. His distaste for the planet was well noted and he was more often than not found on Lujo leaving the day to day grind to his deputy governor. He turned to his valet "Grenso What can me and my friends do ?" He asked nonchalantly The valet paused "Perhaps, my lord your friends may wish to see the surrounding tundra or perhaps the market. would you like me to make dinner reservations as well sir?" Lucien nodded "Yes please do" He stepped from the room He walked down the steps of his yacht. He walked over to Meret "Lady Blackmoon Please inform the captain of the gaurd squad over there that his squads presentation is unsatisfactory" He said "I need organise something with the pilot and the hanger staff" Then he walked away keeping a discreet eye on Meret

There was an unspoken bond between Sargon and Meret. They had some things in common but there was more. Thinking about it would just trivialize this nice thing that they shared. She would share her conversation with Lord Cordel later. Her wink resulted in a smile on his face.

Meret listen to Lord Cordel and took his lead. She approached the squad and in a deep voice she belted out the preparatory command for an inspection. She looked a snow princess heading to the alpine resort but acted a Commanding Officer. Meret slowly perused each squad member.“Your name tag is a skewed, your gloves are soiled, your boots are scuffed…those are your boots? or did a stable boy borrow them? “She stood in front of the last member who was perfect, meticulous in every detail. The top of Meret’s head was aligned with his large bicep. She stood on her toes and spoke in a very throaty voice “You are very handsome…” A wide grin exposed his sensual dimples. The other squad members chuckled. She turned her back to him and then faced him and in articulate manner she spoke deliberately so all could hear her including Lord Cordel and Lord Vynea. “There are only two options for you and your squad members: first Ma’am yes, Ma’am and second Ma’am thank you, Ma’am” The squad members responded as a chorus “Ma’am, Yes Ma’am!” Meret addressed the Captain of the squad. “Captain your squad needs work and discipline. I shall inspect then again when we return. These discrepancies will be fixed. Their performance is insulting and a reflection of your leadership skills.”

Meret left the squad and joined Sargon.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Lucien returned the men were actors. Lady Blackmoon had failed her first task but she had failed it well. Lucien returned "Lady blackmoon you complete the task in a skillful way however I must ask why did you follow my order?" He said His voice not angry or disappointed. Meret had behaved exactly as he expected she would , The hardest lesson a governor had to learn is that very few people can order them about. Leadership could often be a hard cup to drink from but drink they must.

This was a lesson well learned. Meret felt betrayed. In the future she must consider whatever Lord Cordel asks of her it has a double agenda. Meret smiled "My Lord did you want me to act like a snowflake, to back away from a challenge? If the squad was in charge of your security a breech was assured. If this is my stage I can play many roles. It was indeed an audition not abdication of my power. Leadership wears many faces. Far many times events that happens offstage controls the dramatic climax of the tale. Your safety motivated my actions. "
Her smile faded and a stoic look harden her face.

Lucien like this women she had guts. He was more than a little taken aback "You have more ... gut than Lord Vynea did" He smiled "I think you will do fine just don't let the people below you push you around" As he spoke His chauffeur walked over "M'lords, M'lady your transportation" She said with a bow Lucien nodded as he moved over to the car. He was still recovering from being spoke back to he dislike those who could counter him with well thought out ideas.

Meret step into the car and sat next to a spacious window so she could observed the frozen landscape. There might be auroras or lightening phenomena. She waited and held her breath to see who would sit next to her. "Lord Vynea, Lord Cordel please I won't bite, I am looking forward to see this pristine environment."

The Governor of Bakura had held his tongue as he watched over most of the discussion. It was true that he had grown quite a b it since he'd last been under Lucien's tutelage, in fact he felt like an entirely different person from the man he'd been then. Moving into the car he grinned at Meret, and sat down next to her, she was going to make an interesting addition to this rather elite club of governors. "Guts, is a hard word, Lucien, wounds the pride a bit. Better to say I was still a tool, and while a man can lead and follow; it is entirely different to be a piece and the chess board to the hand that moves them.

Opening the second bottle of wine Sargon poured a glass for the three occupants, raised his glass in salute. "To prosperity for our worlds, and for the Fringe."

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"] @[member="Lucien Cordel"]

((OOC: Sorry guys should be posting regularly again soon... I hope lol))

(I expect to see more activity when you become supreme overlord :lol: )
Lucien enter the car last of all sitting next to meret. He smiled slightly at sargons comment. This was quite the triad each person represented a different style of leadership Lucien stood as the autocratic ruler who simply built an empire on fear inflicted by his many paid employees, Sargon was the military man who was always in the thick of battle and the newest member Meret appeared to be the type to make people like her genuinely but as demonstrated she was not scared to ruffle feathers. The driver shut the door.

Taking a second glass of wine from sargon he answered to the salute adding only a small part "And the continued prosperity of our selves" He brought his glass down "My valet suggested that I take you to see the markets, would you both be up for that?" He asked

Meret had purposely sat next to the window to avoid contact with them. Everyone has idiosyncrasies and hers was not to have anyone’s energy in her space, her aura field. Now she was stuck in between the two Lords. At this point in time Sargon’s energy was comforting but he knew about it. Lord Cordel’s energy was different. It oozed power and made her feel weak. She did not sit back in the plush leather seat but scooted forward. Her cold weather suit helped some by creating a thin barrier. Death sticks were another filter that helped but she did not like their scent. Meret moved her hips toward Sargon so her back was close to him. And then pushed her crossed legs toward Cordel. She took her glass and toasted the Lords. She was still not comfortable. When the valet suggested that they visit the market her eyes widen. “I would love to see the markets. It will be an excellent opportunity for me to take some ideas back to Endor. I can shoot some images on my data pad." As they came close to the market she moved forward to have a better look at the crowd.

Sliding himself a bit over towards the far window as he realized he was pushed up against the new governess the Zabrak nodded his ascent to the market plan. "Sounds excellent, personally I can't use most of the good produced here. The Bakuran rejection of droid technology is completely in surmountable. I can't even use droids on the shipyards, or pretty much the only possible use for them is simple cleaning droids without any ability to be militarized."

Sipping on his strawberry wine, the Zabrak swirled the deep red wine humored at how the deep color matched his own flesh tone. Glancing out the windows Sargon watched the snow covered planet pass them by on the outside. No wonder the separatist had built foundries inside the mountains.

@[member="Lucien Cordel"] @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom