Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A friendly hello

"Excellent ... " He lent forward ignoring the woman's legs "Driver the markets" He said before sitting back he turned to the pair "The market sells all manner of items serving the poor right through to me. They like to haggle but they won't if they see you with me so if you want and authentic experience pretend you're not with me. If you want a hand around the market hire either Jarlok Logoth or Sim Pryne the rest are not trustable." He said as the car progressed through zaadja.

The driver pulled up at the market entrance a large metal arch a number of people were lent on the walls the guides "Well we are here"

"Lord Cordel, I thought you were going to give us a tour? I am here to observe not shop. I am not like most females. Buying things does not appeal to me. Things can be taken away or destroyed. Things do not make you happy. I would rather know how to make the carpet than buy the carpet. Since you had your fun with me earlier take my challange. Switch clothing with Jarlok Logoth and be the pauper not the prince! We can haggel over prices, run down the alleys, eat peasant food with our fingers, insult a passerby. I bet it has been a long time since you have done any of those things"
Meret got out of the car and waited to see who was going to join her.

With an amused look Sargon got out of the speeder, equally curious as to how Lucien would take the challenge. He'd never seen Lucien try to play the peasant, and he doubted he would be willing to. The idea didn't lack some rather curious merit though, and in truth he hoped Lucien would take the deal. For himself though he had a completely different role, he was a solider in spirt, and formerly a mercenary he could pick that role up without a problem. "Well I won't promise you I'll dress as a guide, but I can throw a set of merc armor on, and play this out?"

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]
@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

(This will be a fun one to do)
"No!" He replied very quickly. He reached for the door to leave and heard the familiar click telling him that the door had just been locked. His chauffeur turned around to look at him, It was look that said "You can't deny a lady". He sighed "Fine I will do it" He grumbled "Now let me out before I have you executed " The driver complied and Lucien exited the car.

He strode over to Jarlok and spoke in a low voice "Soldiers arrest this man and remove him to the warehouse around the corner to await transportation" He spoke softly as the guards arrested the man their was quite considerable protest. Lucien returned to the car and spoke softly to Meret "I accept, I'm just going to change" The he returned to his seat and the car sped off around the corner. He was left to wait for a number of minutes before the soldiers dragged a kicking, screaming urchin around the corner. The guards dragged him into the warehouse. Lucien stood at the doors of the warehouse "No body is permitted to leave until I get back and all staff are to await my return in their respective offices or break rooms." His voice boomed through the building enhanced by the force. He looked over to the urchin "Tie him to the shelving facing away from me and bring me his clothes".

A few minutes later Lucien emerged from the warehouse in the guides clothes, a borrowed cloak the hood obscuring his face and the ring that identified him as the governor. The clothes didn't fit and the shoes had more holes than fabric. He was freezing. He set off walking around the corner to the market. He barged into sargon intentionaly. and putting on his best scum voice said "Good ... eh" He had to fight the urge to speak properly.

Meret welcomed Lord Vynea at her side. She started to speak to him when her ears picked up the sharp “NO” from Lord Cordel. She smiled and shrugged at the same time. In that moment she heard the car door lock, a brief exchange between Lord Cordel and his chauffer, and a sly laugh from Lord Vynea. Then Lord Cordel stepped out of his car and walked pass them to Jarlok. With curious eyes she returned to Sargon’s face. “You would be very handsome in armor.” Meret paused to gather her thoughts. “I want to apologize to you, I am sorry about pushing myself against you while we were seated in the car. You know I don’t like to be touched and I am working hard to over come my phobia, your energy was more comfortable than Lord Cordel’s, so I had no choice.” There was a silence in their conversation and she knew that he understood.

A dirty vagrant bumped almost shoved Lord Vynea; this ended the silence. Meret reacted “ Hey, watch out!” The hood moved slightly to expose Lord Cordel’s profile. This was an insane idea but she relished it. The shabby costume made Lucien come alive. There was a delightful playfulness in his persona. Meret was surprised that he consented to this masquerade. “My Lord, you need a proper name to go with your new status, how about Lucky or Dwag or Hungry Dwag?” She giggled. “We will walk close to you to keep you warm. There is a food vender at the end of the lane I will buy us some treats.”

As they walked she shared a story from her past. “When I was younger I was in love with a solder who was leaving on deployment, we only had a few days together. Instead of taking me to a nice hotel he took me on a mountain climbing trip. It was a moderate climb. The elevation made me sick. I thought I was going to die. We made camp on a small apron that faced east. I was exhausted I fell asleep in his arms. In the morning I woke up, he had made me breakfast and then we watched the sunrise over a triple divide peak. The light fractured and reflected a prism of colors. I had never seen anything like that. I was bathed in rose colored light. We made it to the summit, signed our names to the registry and prepared to descend. It was spring and there was snow still on the ground. We tied our jackets around our backsides. I sat in between his legs and we glissaded all the way down to the bottom…it was thrilling! My point , Dwag, is you might enjoy this.

(I got bored and am posting now)
Lucien shook his head "Why am I doing this?" He sighed "Lets go then" He said as he began trudging up the center isle of the market. A young boy came hurtling towards him, Knocking him out of the way. He fell into a puddle of slush "Guards I want that boy flogged Immediately" He screamed. The two guards nearest to him looked at him but saw only a peasant "Only the governor has the authority to order a flogging, now get up and stop loitering" The said gruffly, yanking him to his feet "I am the..." He began The guards interrupted him "The drunkest fool we have ever met" The laughed and walked off pushing him out of the way. He stood bewildered, no one had ever spoken to him like that. "Kark I need a whisky" He sighed as Meret drew close again. He stamped his feet and rubbed his hands together, He already missed his warm coat and gloves.

He continued to walk toward the food cart unhindered. He looked over it, did poor people not eat real food.
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Meret followed Cordel and also looked at the food items. She pointed at the fish eggs, creamed farmer cheese and a yellow-green leafy vegetable. The vender stuffed the leaf with the soft white cheese and topped it with the indigo blue roe. “Here you go, caviar…the cold waters give it an amazing texture, every bite there is a pop!” The cart also had marinated acklay claws, mynock fin soup and pickled tauntaun hocks. Meret like the acklay claws. “ You must be cold let’s see about a drink.”

Next to the food stall was a leather goods vender that offered clothing items and boots."Shopkeeper, my guide needs a pair warm boots and some woolen socks, no silk stockings?” The shopkeeper hurried and picked up a few items. Meret motioned for Lord Cordel to have a seat. She then picked out a pair of tightly woven silk stockings, and a pair of soft black leather boots. Without thinking Meret sat on the carpeted floor in front of Cordel and removed Jarlock’s worn shoes and wet socks. Cordel’s feet were icy cold. “Shopkeeper do you have a towel?” He brought her a small hand towel. Meret dried Cordel’s feet, by rubbing them briskly. She wondered if he was ticklish. Did she see a small smile.? “Jarlock is going to love these new boots.” She helped him put the boots on. Her hands felt his muscular calves as she pulled the top of the boot up to his knee. There was an awkward moment between them. Meret looked to Lord Vynea “Lord Vynea, what do you think? What should we do next, ice-skating? A sleigh ride? The local tavern? Matching tattoos?”
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Lucien took a bite of the caviar ,very good, He nodded "I will have to send my kitchen boy to get some of this" The vendor looked at him a little strangely ".... I mean get my boy out of Cordel's kitchen with some of this" He corrected quickly. Meret stepped over to the next stall a cart selling ... Clothes in it's broadest term. Meret sellected boots socks and he a towel for him and began to change his footwear. This may have tickled another man, but Lucien had had a valet for a number of years and barely ever changed his shoes himself.
As she was doing so Lucien noticed something there was a wine and cheese vendor on the far side of the market, The vendor however owned a shop in zaadjas rich district and the wine he was selling to day should have been one rare and too only for his household, However it seemed he had quite a number of bottles.He was contemplating revealing himself and arresting the man for treason, but decided that would be the grand finally.

He was so deep in thought that Meret's question caught him of gaurd. "Oh erm the tavern, they won't let me on the sledge or the ice ring dressed like this." They were both in the rich district and Lucien had imposed strict laws on who could get in there.

In mismatched armor the Zabrak just grinned as he watch Lucien play at the pauper, no doubt this could have a very ugly ending for whoever offended the lord in hiding, but for not it was good fun. Nodding at @[member="Meret Blackmoon"]'s suggestions Sargon nodded after Lucien spoke. "Not quite true, very few people argue against a man with a gun. Trust me, I've pointed enough of them at people to get a good grip on just how little anyone wants to argue once they see the wrong side of the barrel. As for the choices though, I think the tavern be best anyway. Who knows maybe we can even hear something interesting in there." Even with mismatched armor pieces the Zabrak had made sure to select something with a decent HUD and access to the holonet to keep in the loop.

Walking towards the seedier section he watched as the market became crowded, and the atmosphere changed. Nearly ever hip had a holster connected to it, and the variety of aliens increased. The overhead canopies began to run into the ones across the street as the street narrowed and the crowd brushed into one another. The order of the marketplace disappeared in the back streets and alleys where the more illegal wares were sold, until eventually to the left a squat dirty tavern took up a section of the crowded street. "Ladies first?"

Lord Vynea opened the door to the tavern and looked for a comfortable table. There was a table near the wood-burning stove it was perfect. Meret led the way and sat at the table. ”We are all drinking whiskey? Barkeep Your finest Corellian Whiskey for the three of us” She took off her gloves and hood. The tavern had a pungent smell from the patrons or some food that was being cooked. She took a lock of her hair and gave it a sniff and then pushed the lock towards Sargon’s nose. “Flowers I smell like flowers.” The barkeep brought the three whiskeys and a bowl of white starchy morsels over to their table. It was the complimentary snack that had such a strong scent. “ I don’t usually drink whiskey..” She looked at Lord Cordel. “How do you do it, a single gulp? Or do you savor it like brandy?” All of a sudden Meret felt something up against her leg. She let out a high pitch scream and jump out of her seat. A small scruffy felinx had taken a liking to Meret. The barkeep yelled over to the table “My meow likes you lady.” She sat down and regained her composure.
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Lucien was not happy the people were filthy, The street was filthy and now he was filthy. None the less he dutifully followed his friends into the bar. He looked down upon the poultry offering with pure disdain, He turned to meret in order to answer her question when she screamed. Lucien sighed and now he had to behave like a commoner which meant eating the bowl of who knows what and drinking the swill that past for whisky around here. "You alright now m'Lady, In answer to your question it won't matter with this swill, it will have been watered down but I normally gulp in one.

She felt sorry for Lord Cordel and Lord Vynea. But she really felt sorry for herself. She now smelled like garbage and was attracting feral cats. She nodded to Lord Cordel and Lord Vynea. As they drank the rut gut. Meret conceded that Lucien was a good sport to participate in her charade. “Does your yacht have warm showers and perfumed oils? because we are going to need them. Do you want to race back to your car? I will never ask you to do anything like this again but I might ask Sargon." She said that with a smile hoping that they would both laugh and end this experiment.
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

The Zabrak just chuckled at the race idea and sat back removing his own bottle of Iridonian whiskey from inside his armor. "Barkeep, three clean cups." Dropping a few credits on the table for the use of the cup the Barkeep grudgingly placed the three cups before walking away. Pouring each glass a bit over half full Sargon handed each to a member of the table and leaned back to sip on his own. Looking over the crowd his eyes seemed in search of something. Taking a second sip he enjoyed the burn of the whiskey and smiled over at Meret, "Perhaps we'll met in the middle on jasmine rice, by the way the cat does seem to like you, even left a dead mouse on your boot." With a grin the Zabrak looked under the table again and laughed, poor girl.

Turning to @[member="Lucien Cordel"] the longest reigning of the Governors Sargon raised his glass, "To Barfights!" Draining down the rest of his cup Sargon hooked a foot out and tripped one of the local toughs sending him sprawling out everywhere drinks flying. "You wanted the authentic feel no?"

As Meret was talking a man stepped over to the table and knelt next to Lucien, very few people knew were Lucien was but the man in charge of Luciens household gaurd did. He whispered into Lucien's ear. He frowned turning first to meret "I am afraid I will be unable to to race you, I rather regret that I have a rather unpleasant job to do and I may be about to upset the most powerful faction on the planet" He then turned back to his associate "Get the men in position but do nothing until I arrive" He drank the whisky in one then turned to his friends "My Friends you may follow me if you like or I can have my driver take you to the yacht which will take you home it is your choice" He opted not to respond to Sargon's idea, surly Sargon knew Lucien could not take part in a bar fight. Then he began to leave the bar slowly a few people trickled after him.

Meret did not exactly know what Lord Cordel was talking about but she knew it was his business and not hers. She did not approve of his governing style. Everything happened at once. A man approached Lord Cordel, he started to leave, Sargon tripped the barkeeper carrying a tray of drinks, drinks went flying in the air, Lord Cordel left, the barkeep threw a punch at Sargon, Meret grab the tray and hit the barkeeper, a peasant woman grabbed Meret’s hair, now it did smell like garbage, Meret kicked the crone, customers grabbed free liquor, the crone grabbed Meret’s leg, a drunk came after Sargon with a chair. He ducked and the chair shattered, Meret broke a bottle and threaten the crone and her friend, as she edged towards the door and watched Sargon in action.

Lucien was away from the bar within good time of the fight starting. He returned to the warehouse and changed back into his own clothes but kept the mans long ratty cloak "Come to the market if you want the cloak back .... and enjoy the boots" He smiled, It was a nasty smile. Lucien walked from the warehouse draping the cloak over himself it covered him head to foot. He walked back to the market and strode over to the cheese and wine stall. "How much for the governors wine?" He asked in a voice not his own, he pointed out a bottle of red wine that was in theory exclusive to Lucien's house. Evidently however it was not. The man was chewing on a tooth pick "For your self 1000" He grinned a toothy grin as his gruff voice oozed through his teeth. Lucien was shocked he paid 10,000 per bottle. He placed his right hand on the stall his ring glittering in the son, normally the sight of this was sufficient to drive peasants to their knees, the man laughed "Is that what I think it is ... 500 a man who can steal from this all mighty Lord of ours is a friend of mine." Lucien undid the knot and pulled down the hood "And now" he said with a tilt of his head. People around the market fell to their knees the cloak flew from his shoulders. The merchant laughed again, this time it was out of nervousness "M'lord you miss under ..." He began to choke, Lucien was constricting his neck. Lucien glanced around counting 20 guards 15 open and five covert "Vash Pele I find you guilty of high treason, fencing and consorting with known criminals, sentence is death" He released the man "Flog him" He said the guards moved forward dragging Vash to the platform in the markets centre and binding him to a pole. Lucien counted the bottles of wine, there were twenty "Begin with two hundred" ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom