Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Friend Like Me (Jedi Praxeum Mission - Open To All)

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
There were a lot of them now, too many for his liking. It was a hard to trust force users, even Jedi. Anyone who had the power to crawl inside his brain with ease was like to creep Zai out, in any case. The sheer number of Jedi also suggested they faced a much more dangerous foe than Zai expected. In the typical 'Zai' fashion, he'd was in over his head.

"Zai Avery" he announced to the group. "Just Zai. No fancy titles". He didn't want one anyway. A tap on the shoulder had Zai turning around to see one of the villagers, a kindly old woman named Ada, holding a blaster in his face. She twisted the rifle and placed it in his grip. Zai grinned, then frowned as he said "Wait, you knew I'd do something like this?" The old woman smiled. "Of course" Ada replied. "You've been staying with us long enough. We know your mind Zai. You're young and stupid". Her husband, Beric approached as well. "Look Avery, we were happy to take it in" he said. "And I know you said you make it up to us, I just wish you'd chosen an easier path". He gestured to the rifle. "But at least this will help you stay alive". He smiled, a rare thing for the old man.

Zai smiled, but said nothing. With all the pain the galaxy inflicted on him, it was kind words that cut the deepest. So he took a deep breath and walked away.

He nicked some rope off one of the workers (much to their dismay) and approached [member="Harper Kade"]. "I'm not much for talking, so I'll follow you" He said. "Lead on, when you are ready, and let much know if you need a lock jimmied. I have some...uhhhh...unconventional skills..." In all likelihood the Jedi wouldn't need help, but Zai hated sitting around.

[member="Alden Belmont"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Ember Farseer"] | [member="Anais Auraeli"] | [member="Cassus Stoma"] | [member="Solidor Slane"] | [member="Danom Zavr"] | [member="Anari Mero"]​

[member="Zai Avery"] | [member="Alden Belmont"] | [member="Ember Farseer"] | [member="Harper Kade"] | [member="Jace Khel"] | [member="Anari Mero"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Solidor Slane"] | [member="Danom Zavr"]

"That's Liar's way of saying that there are shut off valves in the area." Anais corrected, sporting a look that was half-way between apologetic and embarrassed. L1-4R's programming quirks were ordinarily a source of comfort, a familiarity dating back to well... Not so much as a distant time, but certainly an easier one. Right that moment, however, they seemed a little childish. "He has a habit twisting the truth. Hence the, um, name."

She gestured to the two highlighted areas that L1-4R had dismissed, nudging the droid gently again, prompting it to begrudgingly magnify the sections further. They didn't look any different to the rest of the readout to her eyes, but her technical inclination was more towards electrical engineering than civil. "If he says we should ignore them, then that's the best place to start the search. If Harper and Zai here take one, I can check out the other."

It would be a welcome distraction, really. It had been a while since she'd been around this many force sensitive individuals. So many unknown variables, so many conflicting signatures. With the tensions of the crowd, the added uncertainty of the cetacean bounty hunter, a wholly intimidating example of Herglic species, she needed something to keep herself preoccupied.

"I'd only get in the way trying to help subdue whoever is inside that building anyway. Especially now that, ah, we have more volunteers to help with that part of the plan." She cast a brief glance towards Ember, fingers clutching at her shawl. Clearly still deferring towards him and Alden out of simple familiarity. Slane may have radiated a sense of peaceful confidence within the force, one that spoke of experience and hinted wisdom, but trusting someone new was still a difficult and daunting prospect in the wake of Deneba. Zavr radiated a sense of trouble, while Khel...

Gumblebots.

She didn't think Khel even knew what or how much he was radiating. As if his entire being was being poured into the force, unchecked and unrestrained. He was as subtle as Nar Shaddaa red light district's billboard. Clearly as green as he was earnest.

"If anything goes wrong, I have my lightsaber, Zai and Harper have that blaster." That was perhaps an overly generous description of the rifle, but the diplomatic approach to this endeavor had to start somewhere. "We should be fine."

[member="Anais Auraeli"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Alden Belmont"] [member="Ember Farseer"] [member="Jace Khel"] [member="Anari Mero"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Solidor Slane"] [member="Danom Zavr"]

They say that no good deed goes unpunished. In this case it was no good deed goes unnoticed as the slow trickle of people turned into a small crowd. There was hope, and eagerness all wrapped up in the tension of waiting for something to happen. She could feel it skittering along the surface of her skin and while it wasn't painful, it also wasn't particularly comfortable either.

Harper had never been around so many other Force Sensitives at the same time, and the low grade empathy she could never really shut off was going practically haywire. Not because any of them were particularly emotional at the moment, but simply because there was something more when it came from another sensitive, and she didn't have the experience to parse out so many different people at the same time.

"Someone else should go to shut off the valves," she murmured to Anais. "I don't know who, but I need to get up to that third story window if we're going to make sure we keep them from just going back *in* once they come *out*. There's a lot of people who look like they can handle the.... subduing part."

There were a couple of those coming out of the woodworks now. They carried a certain confidence, but also a weight that Harper couldn't quite put her finger on. These people knew what they were doing, how to handle themselves. They could take care of the ground work, she had no doubt.

The crowd was a little bigger and a little more extra than Harper was strictly comfortable with, and it was time to do something now. It wasn't that she didn't want Zai's help but the help she needed wasn't going to come from

"Zai was it? Bring that rope. Going to grab someone else I think might be useful."

Harper lead the way over to where Ghorua and Ember were talking. She glanced at Ember, eyebrow raised- a nod. Not a lot, but enough. However the hulking form was, he was okay.

"Think you can handle a boost? I reckon we'll be able to skip a whole floor of climbing if you're game."

Cassus Stoma

C
It was true. True that Jace was always radiating a presence in the force, and one that wasn't to be taken lightly. However, he was entirely unaware of the fact. He knew that he had the potential, though. It was something he figured during his own childhood when his innate abilities kicked in. Although, it wasn't anything incredibly noteworthy, and it went unnoticed as he kept it hidden. Just the shifting of a can, and knowing when something wasn't right, or just always knowing the way. It may have been what brought him to Nibelungen today, might of been his lot in life to become a Jedi.

Khel stepped to the side, watching Harper as she moved off to approach Ember and the Herglic, yet then turning his eyes to the Droid and teenage girl. "Want a hand?" His tone eager with a hint of uncertainty, matching the expression on his face that held a slight, albeit worrisome grin. Those baby blues filled with determination. Jace would be lying if he didn't think there was something a little strange about someone so young being a Jedi.

He sauntered towards Anais and L1-4R, both hands resting on his hips with his thumbs tucked inside the belt. The blaster pistol on his right side was evident, but whether he really knew how to use it or not wasn't. In truth, he had some understanding. Trained himself, really. Nothing too extraordinary.

[member="Anais Auraeli"] | [member="Zai Avery"] | [member="Alden Belmont"] | [member="Harper Kade"] | @Ember Farseer | [member="Anari Mero"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Solidor Slane"] | [member="Danom Zavr"]

Ghorua was suddenly glad he had taken his helmet off. His facial recognition software would've been overheating by now, trying to get a bead on everyone. He hated making assumptions, but Ghorua would have to assume everyone here was of good intent. That didn't mean, of course, he wouldn't be watching his back.

None of this inner monologue showed on his face as he looked down upon the Jedi. [member="Ember Farseer"] explained the situation as punctually as he could, giving Ghorua perspective into the Jedi's goals. The Shark held back a chortle of laughter as Master Farseer carefully mentioned non-violence, walking to the rest of the group.

The Shark could tell these Jedi were different than others he had butt heads with. These were no war-mongers. They were people, trying to make what little difference they could, with no thought to what they would gain. They trusted him, because they thought he could help.

It was refreshing.

Ghorua bowed his head respectfully to [member="Alden Belmont"] and [member="Anais Auraeli"] as he joined the group, recognizing them from the beginning, before the crowd had gathered. The others, [member="Danom Zavr"], [member="Solidor Slane"], and [member="Jace Khel"], were new faces, and Ghorua hadn't gotten the chance to run them through his helmet. Therefore, he would have to trust them. For now.

Then, Ghorua and Ember were approached by [member="Harper Kade"], with [member="Zai Avery"] presumably following. Ghorua smirked, realizing they were coming to talk with him.

"I reckon I can," the Shark responded to Harper, placing his helmet back on his head, reverting to the lowered, mechanical voice. Despite it, the jolly lilt of the Shark's tone was unmistakeable. The Shark looked over to the building, noting the height. He could easily toss a person up a story or two.

"I'll follow your lead." Ghorua examined the pair before him, noting the files his facial recognition software could dig up. Another Jedi with little under her belt. The other...

Ah. A First Order issued bounty. Very interesting indeed.

He lingered on the man's face a moment longer, his smile now hidden by an emotionless faceplate, before turning back to Harper. He couldn't stop the joke bubbling from his lips.

"It's been a while since I've thrown a party."

- [member="Anari Mero"] -

[member="Ember Farseer"] [member="Harper Kade"] [member="Anais Auraeli"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Jace Khel"] [member="Anari Mero"] [member="Solidor Slane"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Danom Zavr"]

A lot of voices.

Lots of options.

It was difficult to sort out what was happening.

Harper, Ghorua, Zai, they were going to climb and find a way into the building. But that needed a diversion or two. It would take shutting down the valves that Anais had discovered through her lying droid. Then there were the newcomers that made Alden cautious. The old Slane who held much power. Danom who felt like a storm brewing. Jace... hopeful and optimistic. Then there was Ember running as a thread through them all, holding them together and guiding the best he could.

But he was just one man and he couldn't be everywhere at once. "Master Slane," Then attention went to Danom who hadn't introduced himself yet. "We need people who can shut down the valves that allow water to flow through the filtration facility. They will most likely be guarded heavily, you two seem to have a lot of experience- can we count on you? If so, Anais' droid has the map for you." He glanced over to both and mulled the next thing he wanted to say.

"No killing, unless every other option is exhausted. We aren't judge, jury and executioner." They weren't the Silver Jedi Order or the New Jedi Order. They weren't pacifists either, but the Praxeum would do their best not to stain their hands with blood.

That last bit reminded him of what Zai had in his hands.

"Avery, don't forget to put... that on stun." Hopefully it had a stun function, otherwise... Alden's hands started to itch already with that prospect. "Whoever is left- once Slane and Danom-" (Assuming he had introduced himself at that point.) "-close the valves the people in the facility will come out. Harper and her team are counting on us to incapacitate them, any questions?"

His throat was dry, hands sweaty.

This wasn't what Alden had assumed would happen, but here they were. Unless they had questions he'd walk on over to Harper for a moment. "Hey," Wasn't sure what to say there. "Good luck, here." From his belt Alden pulled out his servo-driver. He had been tinkering with it since they had first joined Ember's freighter. "Might come in handy for ya, but I won't need it... here." Out of all people Harp would know just how much this was weighing on him.

He had never liked a fight.

S u p e r i o r
Solidor Slane

Nibelungen
Relief Mission

Slane watched the congregation of individuals that had gathered here for the task at hand. His gaze would shift from one individual to the next, trying to get an idea for each; of who they are and the person they might become in a galaxy full of turmoil and strife. His gaze would focus upon the young Alden, who seemed to have made himself as the one directing others and distributing orders. The elderly Jedi sensed an uneasiness in the young man, but there was only comforting words and aura that he could provide. Doubt could lead to mistakes, and mistakes could lead to very ill results. This relief mission would prove to be a trying test for some of the younger members present, but they would all come out of this as better developed individuals. To help those in need was their task, and being selfless to a cause such as their own would yield its own personal rewards.

Slane would offer Alden a reassuring nod that he was up for the task at hand, and would do everything he could to ensure that the objective given to him would be done successfully. His gaze would turn over to the young Danom who had carried an unconscious sniper to them and let them down. The young man seemed experienced as a fighter, to which Slane would trust their abilities in. He would offer a humble bow of his head to the young Jedi Knight to acknowledge that the two would be working together in achieving their goal. Shutting off the valve would certainly bring a lot of attention to their immediate location, but if push came to shove they were Jedi, they knew how to handle themselves so long as they let the Force guide them.

Slane's gaze wandered once more as his eyes focused on the armored Herglic. Not that he couldn't get a read on the bounty hunter, but the fact he was one doing something simply out of the kindness of his heart did raise some questions, and Slane questioned if there were ulterior motives from the shark. For now, he would come to trust the hired help, but he would still be wary. They had a task to accomplish, so having faith and trusting those around you was key. Slane would push himself off his rocky seat as he stood tall, his hands resting on his cane as he waited for the rest of them to be ready to move out.

[member="Jace Khel"] | [member="Harper Kade"] | [member="Alden Belmont"] | [member="Ember Farseer"] | [member="Anais Auraeli"] | [member="Zai Avery"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Anari Mero"] | [member="Danom Zavr"] | [member="Alden Belmont"]

Anarielle Giala Mero,
Nibelungen Surface
Outside Water Sanitation Plant,
Ruined Home, Ground Floor.

Anarielle continues to watch and folds her arms across coat's breast bowing head Anari purses eyelids shut and attempts to 'listen' to the living force. This forces Ach-Kay to turn his amber coloured diodes for eyes in master's direction wordlessly examining her whilst tapping at the Blaster pistol holstered at his rust-hued skeletal femur the gentle breeze seemed to howl just a little bit harder around them whilst Anari was in communion with that metaphysical power. Gasping Anari attempts to pierce through the Dark Side's veil and penetrate through the cacophony of feeling blasting from the war-torn world's surface. Now she pushed harder with Bogan's wrapping its' chillingly cold insidious fingers around the Sephi Exile forcing Anari to recoil back in a jolt of shock; successfully resisting the enticing whispers which had seduced many-a careless Jedi. Ach-Kay shifts and reaches forward to seize his masters' arm and steady her. "Interjection: Master, I cannot protect you from metaphysical forces I strongly suggest you refrain from attempting that again." Anarielle nods heeding Ach-Kay's advice and swallows the defeat and her failure with humility, gesturing towards the street from their perch surrounded by debris the Sephi Woman interjects to her mechanical companion. "Perhaps my judgement is clouded but I suspect that those Jedi, whoever they are might be walking into an ambush." Ach-Kay releases Anari's arm with a gentle push and quickly draws his blaster pistol holding it firmly beside his leg. "Query: Why do you come to this conclusion Master?" Gesturing for the droid to follow Anarielle pivots around and begins walking towards the dust and debris covered spiral staircase running through the back of the dwelling walking down it with a force-guided care and dexterity. "The Dark-Side is strong here, historically Dark Jedi are infamously bloodthirsty, not patient enough to relent from violence unless they're either disciplined or is part of some tactic." Scratching at the bare-metal on his chin contemplating Anari's description of Dark Jedi behaviour Ack-Kay chimes up as the two make their way into the street. "Observation: Master it appears these fleshy Dark Jedi meatbags and I possess many similarities, eagerly I await your command to vaporize them." Anarielle cannot help but spare a glance over her shoulder and look down at the weapon in Kay's hand before raising her gaze to look upon the Droid's visage smug as a Lothcat. Struggling to contain her laughter. "Stun only, fortunately for us I don't think you could kill a womp rat with that thing." Anarielle gestures to the small blaster pistol with a lazy gesture on her urgent pace towards the water sanitation center, Ach-Kay earns a few sideways glances with the morass parting to permit the rust-coloured figure access to the cordon that was being established in the surrounding streets to prevent Civilian access.

Kay finds Anari and a Police Officer arguing with the former appealing to the latter on the basis of her engineering training. "My apologies Ma'am, can't let you through plant operators, sanctioned bounty hunters, law enforcement and other authorised personnel only. Commissioner's Orders." Smiling politely Anari offers a curt nod noting the Policeman seemed particularly concerned with the tall droid looming behind her; most believed him some type of Battle Droid and while it wasn't far from the truth it didn't accurately reflect Kay's lethality or efficacy. Anarielle used Kay both as Companion and Bodyguard, preferring to keep her status as a trained Jedi away from all, seldom she outwardly utilised her training but it was now necessary because of the Cordon. Focusing firmly Anari takes a deep breath and glides her gloved hand across the space between them. "I'm authorized to access the Cordoned area, continue Ma'am." The Police Officer appears to listen and despite his helmeted visage he visibly straightens and he shifts his weight to present path towards the Water Sanitation Plant. Connecting to a Comm Channel the Policeman outwardly comments "Control this is Gate Four, they're all clear, please proceed Ma'am." Anari smirks and continues through the hastily assembled Cordon passing through a holographic stream that resembled physical crime scene tape projected between two waist-high Pylons, sauntering towards the Water sanitation plant an eerie silence quickly descended over the barren streets and she couldn't help but search for the building over her shoulder where Kay and her her not long ago stood it seemed so distant now. Continuing closer to the Sanitation Plant, Anari gestured for her droid companion; together they entered the bottom floor of a mostly collapsed building and the Sephi Woman sat atop a dusty dining chair and dragged it beneath her hips towards a window with tattered shudders; revealing the scene outside the Sanitation Plant. Kay taking up a position near the home's door with Blaster Pistol drawn and ready, watching his master observe the scene directly outside the plant. "Query: Master, what are we doing waiting in this ruined house why have we not advanced?" Focusing more attentively on the individuals outside the water sanitation plant, trying to gauge each of them since the Dark Side's shadow seemed to constrict her abilities to reach out through the force. "I cannot be sure as to the intentions of those outside the plant's entrance. The Herglic is obviously a Bounty Hunter. I'm curious to watch the resolution before attempting to introduce myself." Kay peers carefully through a small diameter hole in the plastoid wall and inspects the targets; his amber slit burning through the darkness. Kay knew he was ancient and from a time where Jedi and Sith both roamed the Galaxy freely, and yet remembered none of his murderous misadventures before coming into Anari's ownership. "Commentary: Your caution is born of wisdom Mistress. If they flush the unsavory meatbag occupants from the sanitation plant we should be right in their path if they do not choose to escape through one of its' many holes." Ach-Kay's modulator is mechanical though Anarielle had known the droid long enough to identify when he was being facetious and sarcastic.

"Despite that my ability to sense their intentions is diminished, I'm willing to gamble that they'll find the opportunity to engage Jedi irresistible and exit this way. Uncontrollable rage makes an individual nothing if not predictable." Anarielle's gaze lingers over the poor man who stands impaled against the plant's durasteel wall close to the entrance soliciting a weary sigh, it seemed that even centuries into the future the denizens of the Galaxy still found cruel methods in which to murder one-another. The Overwhelming presence of the dark-side was indicative of the sheer evil waiting within the Water Sanitation Plant, Anari nervously rubs at one of her internal pockets from the outside cotton fabric containing a weapon shaped like a short conical cylinder. Though Anari had guarded its' existence closely as a secret the dangers on Nibelungen demanded the carrying of what is the unmistakable weapon of a Jedi.

[member="Jace Khel"] | [member="Harper Kade"] | [member="Alden Belmont"] | [member="Ember Farseer"] | [member="Anais Auraeli"] | [member="Zai Avery"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Danom Zavr"] | [member="Alden Belmont"]

[member="Alden Belmont"] [member="Harper Kade"] [member="Anais Auraeli"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Jace Khel"] [member="Anari Mero"] [member="Solidor Slane"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Danom Zavr"]

Slowly but certainly all the pieces of the puzzle were finding their places, everything seemed to naturally go in some sort of order. Ember stood silent as Harper and Alden took the initiative in the execution phase of their action plan. Perhaps this is what they had learned during their tragic day on Alderaan not long ago. A lesson learned the hard way.

Unfortunately, those were the lessons that mattered the most.

"So it's up to us to incapacitate them once they go out of the plant, right?" Ember rhetorically asked as he gestured at Alden and the eager, new boy through which the force rippled strongly (Jace). "Let's not waste any more time, it is of the essence."

The Jedi Knight nodded respectfully to everyone with a determined look on his face.

"May the Force be with you all." His eyes last met Anais. She was the youngest of the bunch he actually knew and ever since she had answered his call not long ago, Ember always seemed concerned about her but there was some sort of...trust. Trust in her sharp mind to survive the ordeals ahead of her.

It reminded him of the eagerness that seemed to deafen his senses through the Force - the boy who looked native was erupting with the Force in his desire to do...something good, something right. Certainly, a boy who could become a Jedi, hopefully.

Watch out for yourselves.

Ember turned his back, supposedly beside him both Alden and Jace as they headed to a more strategic position awaiting the elder Master and newly arrived warrior to act.

[member="Zai Avery"] | [member="Ember Farseer"] | [member="Harper Kade"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Anari Mero"]

Barring the disgruntled trill of binary that was balefully cast in [member="Alden Belmont"]'s direction at having effectively been referred to as Anais' robot butler for the second time in as many minutes, L1-4R set about sending the details across to [member="Solidor Slane"] and [member="Danom Zavr"] commlinks without too much complaint. Somehow, for all his vocal assertions that it would be a waste of time to check those areas, the little droid managing to piece together a surprisingly accurate, if rough set of directions towards where the suspected water valves might be located.

Meanwhile, while her droid took the initiative, his master was otherwise occupied with her latest personal crisis of faith. Those now near-constant frown lines casting her features with an age that was beyond her years.

Gumblebots and frizzwires.
She'd volunteered so easily, but was she really ready for this? There was a flicker of doubt in those dark eyes. Mirrored in the way her fingers reflexively curled around the edge of her dust-swept shawl, barely resisting the urge to pull on it. A comforting gesture from childhood, one she'd thought she'd grown out of as she'd entered double digits, yet one all too commonly seen in the last few weeks. Her inability to make a difference at the Jedi Order's temple robbing her of more than friends.

The padawan closed her eyes, drawing a slow and steady breath to calm and center herself, pushing away all the noise and distractions in this world and the unseen. These days she scarcely trusted herself to make the right choice, yet here Ember was all too willing to place his on her shoulders without a second thought. Alden and Harper were relying on her, too. Trusting that she could see her assignment through without appearing to question or second guess themselves in the process.

But was that enough?

Anais' hands tightened a fraction, clutching at the shawl for a long moment or two before she forced herself to relinquish her near death grip on the garment, dropping them to her sides with a visible will and an effort.

For now, she supposed, it would have to be.

"A hand would be welcome, thank you. Two if you have them to spare." Anais replied, eyes opening to settle on the figure of [member="Jace Khel"]. Even an earnest stranger was welcome right now. At the very least, she wouldn't be alone in her endeavor. Not that she ever truly had that luxury with L1-4R around. Speaking of the droid... "Liar, stay here and help coordinate with Alden. You'll only slow us down across the uneven ground I'm afraid."

The droid repeated his indignant trill, this time with a flash of those golden eyes.

"A most excellent idea, Anais. I was just thinking how much I enjoyed working with Human Male One. I am gratified that you have given me this opportunity to further serve him. Truly."

Ah, she knew she was going to pay for that order sooner or later, but it seemed not before poor Alden. Hopefully his shield generator would come in handy keeping them safe should things come to a fight, however.

"Um, yes. Thank you for understanding as always. Keep them safe." She muttered, turning and moving off a short way, hesitating only to glance over her shoulder towards Jace once more. "We'll take the site furthest from here."

That was the correct choice in these situations, right? Padawans were supposed to do the bulk of the legwork.

"But we'll need to move fast, do you think you can keep up... Um, Mister...?"

Perhaps a name was the first place to start this adventure with.

"Sure, boss" he replied to [member="Alden Belmont"], flicking the weapon to stun. "I'm not a terribly good shot anyway".

Harper was leading him somewhere, Zai wasn't paying attention. Studying the building from afar, prospects of scaling it seemed difficult. He climbed a lot, as he was in an obscene amount of starship crashes, so he considered himself a sort of expert in that regard. "Hey, Harper was it?" he said, still distracted "Do Jedi have some sort of special climbing power or are you-" the words died on his lips as they pulled up in front of a massive figure.

Zai looked up at the Herglic, his neck making an awful click as it stretched so far. At 5'6, Zai considered himself small, but everyone was small next to [member="Ghorua the Shark"]. He grinned at the armoured behemoth, who was nearly twice his size. 'I bet it's hard for him to use a phone' Zai thought. 'With those big fingers he'd probably crush it.' Zai shook his head as his mind started to wander.

Zai listened to the exchange carefully. "If your serious about helping, I could use a boost" he said, pointing to a side of the building. The spot was ideal for Zai, it had few windows and plenty of spots to grip. The problem was that the handholds only started partway up the building. "If you boost me up to that overflow pipe, I can go from there". He turned to [member="Harper Kade"]. "Not sure how you planned to get up, but I could always lower a rope from there". She looked like the capable type, she probably had ideas of her own.

[member="Ember Farseer"] | [member="Anais Auraeli"] | [member="Jace Khel"] | [member="Solidor Slane"] | [member="Danom Zavr"] | [member="Anari Mero"]​

Cassus Stoma

C
​It was probably for the best that Jace took a moment to realise what he had in fact gotten himself into. Leaving a planet for a war-torn one only to attach himself to a party of trained Jedi with nothing more than basic blaster pistol self-training, luck, and a cheerful attitude. In a Galaxy as harsh as this it was often that last trait was overlooked, and the individuals that held onto such a thing got themselves crushed the metaphorical boot of tyranny. Whether it be the same for Jace was yet to be seen, he could only afford to try his best. It was all you could really ask of anyone.

There always happened to be that back-thought in Jace's mind, wondering whether or not he could do something with the gift he had. Funnily enough, for such an optimist, he was pessimistic in regards to it. Just another thing that you can't really expect to obtain. Yet, now, surrounded by Jedi he felt a sense of belonging, be it through an impulse of the force itself. Not even he could tell. He was untrained and untested.

Jace nodded along a few times whilst Anais verbally announced her plan, even forming a slight grin at her original quip. Always see the humour, even when it's plainly broadcasted. Finally, however, he replied with his name, "Jace."

[member="Anais Auraeli"] - @Ember Farseer - [member="Solidor Slane"] - [member="Danom Zavr"] - [member="Anari Mero"] - [member="Zai Avery"] - [member="Ghorua the Shark"]

Harper paused, meeting Alden's gaze for a moment. The weight there, his feelings about the moment cutting through the thick background noise, clear as a crystal bell. She reached out, hand resting on his wrist for a moment before nodding and taking the tool. It would definitely come in handy with her role in this.

"Be safe," she said softly. "See you when it's over."

Squeezing his hand for a moment before letting go, she turned back to her own task and to address Zai.

"Special climbing power? Honestly I have no idea. I'm pretty new at this whole Jedi thing. No, I'm just.... well I've climbed harder stuff at home. The bricks on the building are pretty rough, I don't expect it to be particularly hard."

For her anyway. Harper was strong, and there were plenty of hand holds. She was less sure about him, but with Ghorua's help, she had an idea on how to tackle that.

Harper gave Ghorua a queer look for a moment before laughing. It broke some of the tension on her face- too serious, too worried from all of this. Not just the responsibility but the weight of everyone else's emotions around her. His joke was well timed.

"I don't think I've ever been called a party before but there's a first time for everything," she chuckled.

She listened to Zai suggestion, smirking slightly.

"Actually, I was thinking the opposite," she said with a smile. "I don't need the rope, but if the big guy could boost us both, we can go from there."

It wasn't personal. Harper just knew exactly her own strength and she didn't know Zai's.

"We also need to avoid those windows honestly- don't want them seeing us going up the side before hand. Though, they've probably already noticed the gathering outside the building. If they other folks don't get the water pipes shut down, I imagine a couple will come out but most of them will stay inside."

Harper didn't mention that, despite this being part of her plan, she already knew there was a chance that not all of them would come out when the water got turned off. There was a good chance at least one or two would stay behind.... and they would have to deal with that once they were inside.

"Can you handle both of us?" She asked, glancing back at Ghorua. She had no doubt that he could, but she had to ask.

"Zai if you need me to go first with the rope, that's no issue- I just need to know for sure if you don't."

She honestly didn't care if he needed that help, she just needed to know. Nothing wrong with needing it, only in not saying.

(ooc: Ghorua feel free to boost them up so we can get this moving :) )
[member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Zai Avery"]

Ghorua nodded, keeping up with the conversation, and trying to make sense of what was going on around him. Some were going to go find the external shut-off valves while these two snuck in, and...

Improvise, Ghorua surmised. Whatever plans they had while in there would probably be tossed out the window. Hopefully, they wouldn't get tossed out the window.

[member="Harper Kade"] asked for confirmation from the Shark, and he obliged with a sharp nod. "Of course. Believe it or not, I've lifted heavier things than you both."

Ghorua looked around the group, noting the stares and quiet planning. Things were clicking into place, they all just needed a little shove. Good thing Ghorua was good at shoving.

"Let's get this show on the road."

Ghorua jogged out to the side of the building, his helmet carefully tracking the area around him. It was clear, for now at least, that the coast was clear.

He hit the side of the building, turning on a dime and extending his hands low, one for Harper and one for [member="Zai Avery"]. When they came running, he would throw them up against the side of the building, and pray that their Jedi-like reflexes would find them handholds before they come crashing down.

- [member="Jace Khel"] - [member="Anais Auraeli"] - [member="Ember Farseer"] - [member="Anari Mero"] - [member="Solidor Slane"] -[member="Alden Belmont"] -

[member="Ember Farseer"] [member="Harper Kade"] [member="Anais Auraeli"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Jace Khel"] [member="Anari Mero"] [member="Solidor Slane"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Danom Zavr"]

It was a natural instinct for him to worry about them all.

Harper first and foremost.

It had been one of the points of conflicts between them in the past. Still took some effort not to give her a hug, instead Alden nodded. "You too." And went back to his own portion of the plan. That was the best thing Alden could do for her (and for everyone else), make sure that his part was solid. Anything else was bluster and basically useless in the long term.

Anais and Jace went for the other valve. Slane and Danom went for the first one. Zai, Ghorua and Harp were already fading away into the background of the facility. That left Ember, him and... the droid.

"Good to have you around, Liar." Alden murmured, while studying the facility. "Every bit helps."

The Jedi Knight squinted and tried to make out any details that might help them.

Not a lot to go around with sadly. "Ember, don't forget to lower your 'saber's power, yeah?" His own lightsaber had already been tuned down to halfway through a regular training saber. It would shock and stun, but it wouldn't cut through people like they were cheese. They might be horrible, might have murdered innocents, but that didn't mean they had to turn into killers themselves.

The law would figure them out.

He gestured for them to follow him- better to stay out of view for now and surprise these cultists, they'd have a better chance at taking them out without getting hurt themselves.

The Force cleared away his worry and concern leaving him completely calm and composed for what they were about to do. None of them had it easy in any of the given tasks. Through the Ethereal he picked up Alden's worry but refrained from mentioning anything about it. As far as he'd learned, Alden and Harper grew up together so they were bound to have some connection whether it was more than the natural empathy Jedi had to all life remained an unanswered question that was none of Ember's business.

"Good call." He nodded at Alden's suggestion and with a twist of a button on the hilt the saber's power would be set to scald and stun the next time it came to life. The less deaths, the better. That was the Jedi's way, even if it was by far harder.

L1-4R and Ember moved on cautiously following Alden as they positioned themselves behind a massive pipe intersection that served as cover and a good viewpoint of the general entrance of the plant.

"This should be a good place. We're lucky the plant lacks windows." Ember noted whispering to the other two. "Trust the Force, Alden." He added a bit off-topic but indirectly a response to Alden's earlier worry that the Jedi Knight sensed from him.

[member="Alden Belmont"] [member="Harper Kade"] [member="Anais Auraeli"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Jace Khel"] [member="Anari Mero"] [member="Solidor Slane"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Danom Zavr"]

'No rope huh. Jedi sure are unusual' he thought. He and [member="Harper Kade"] were warming up their muscles before the run up the side of the building. "Let's not make things complicated" Zai said. "I'll go my way, you go yours". He winced as his neck cracked. "You have the plan, so I'll make my way to your position once I'm up". He had cut off a short length of rope and tied the end with a special knot his Ma had shown him. The free end was tied around him.

He set off at a sprint towards [member="Ghorua the Shark"], the rest of world losing focus as he ran as fast as he could. His breath hissed, in and out. His heart was like a jackhammer. He reached the critical point and jumped. Landing perfectly on Ghorua's hand, he felt his stomach twist as his momentum was transferred upwards.

He swung the rope as Ghorua pushed him upwards, soaring through the air at an incredible speed. The rope flew ahead and Zai's timing was perfect. The loop on the rope landed around the pipe and as Zai began to fall, the knot pulled the loop tighter around the pipe. Zai grinned, until his entire weight pulled on the pipe. There was no creak or groan, the pipe just gave way.

Zai let out a series of harsh curses as the rope slipped down a metre before stopping with a harsh jolt. He looked up to see what had happened. The pipe looked much worse for wear . Down below, Zai hadn't seen the rust. "Great" Zai muttered. He waved down at the people below to show he was okay.

[member="Alden Belmont"] | [member="Ember Farseer"] | [member="Anais Auraeli"] | [member="Jace Khel"] | [member="Solidor Slane"] | [member="Danom Zavr"] | [member="Anari Mero"]​

"Best way to go about it," she agreed.

When Ghorua lined them up, Harper took off at a dead sprint. With a jump, he vaulted her up- frankly higher than she'd been expecting to go but fortunately she'd gauged out multiple levels of hand holds from the ground. She grabbed the ledge of the window (itself bricked over sometime in the past, but the ledge still perfectly serviceable for her needs), fingers wrapping there tightly. She pulled herself up easily, years of physical activity on a farm leaving her strong, and rock climbing for fun down at the ravine by the river giving her the confidence she needed to make it look easy.

She focused on her own path up, trusting that Zai was taking care of himself. Fingertips ridged, she scaled the wall the last two meters up to the window they were actually aiming for.

Once she reached it, she maneuvered about to find the best place to hang out and wait- not really a casual thing, since she was three stories up and the hand and foot holds were mostly from the crumbling of the poor quality brick work, but what were you going to do? Staying out of view of the window itself, she examined it as carefully as she could. It didn't look locked from the outside, but that didn't mean it wasn't, and in case it was alarmed she didn't want to risk setting it off before the folks on the ground got the water shut off and the attention of the mooks inside.

So Harper waited. It was up to the folks on the ground now to get them out of the building. Until then, all she could do was hang on.

[member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Zai Avery"] [member="Alden Belmont"] [member="Anais Auraeli"] [member="Solidor Slane"] [member="Danom Zavr"] [member="Anari Mero"] [member="Jace Khel"]

Ghorua heaved up with all his might, launching the two forms farther than he had wanted to. Even so, it felt good to finally be able to use his strength again. He turned up to them, to make sure they wouldn't come crashing back down.

Zai almost fell, the pipe holding his weight beginning to come loose, but he was relatively safe for now. Harper had found handholds, so she was fine. Ghorua stepped away from the edge, once again taking stock of the situation. No enemies out here yet. The freeclimbers would have to wait.

Tapping the controls on his wrist, the four probe droids he had used before erupted from their hiding spots, floating up to eye-level with Harper and Zai. They toodled happily, and nodded down to Ghorua. He would keep an eye on them from the ground, to make sure they didn't get in too much trouble. If they did, Ghorua would probably do something drastic.

The giant Herglic pulled his slugthrowers from his holster, noting the wear and tear of the weapons. They've been a constant companion to him, but they were beginning to break down, as all good tech did. He would need upgrades soon enough.

One of the probe droids piped up, in a voice suspiciously similar to Ghorua's. "I'll stay down here for now, but if there's a hint of trouble, I'm busting in. Got it?" Ghorua's voice was commanding, losing some of the easy confidence he held before. He didn't joke around on the job.

- [member="Harper Kade"] - [member="Zai Avery"] - [member="Ember Farseer"] - [member="Alden Belmont"] - [member="Jace Khel"] - [member="Anais Auraeli"] - [member="Anari Mero"] -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom