Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Feeling of Dread

The intimate hours passed way too quickly in each other's arms. Their minds and bodies united. The love Jairdain shared with Yuroic went beyond anything she had felt before. Those butterflies were a distant memory now and the only things she felt now were bliss, pleasure, joy, happiness and love. She sensed this would be one of their last times together like this for a long while and wanted to cherish it.

"I love you, Yuroic. More than I thought possible."

In the fullness of time, she would want to marry him. Both of them needed to grow up, but Jairdain felt confident she would love him until she died. She hoped that it wouldn't be any time soon.

Eventually they arrived at their destination and Jairdain could feel the dark influence of the planet. Placing a hand on Yuroic's shoulder and giving him a serious look.

"Are you sure you feel confident you can handle this? I'm not sure I'll be able to protect both of us from any mental assault, but will do my best."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He pressed his head against hers as he heard her declare her love for him. You are the one and only person I have ever loved. Sending the thought her way as he gave her a deep kiss. He could feel the strength of their combined love, it was a deep well and to him it felt as if they would last forever, nothing able to destroy their feelings for one another. Wanting to spend the rest of his life with her, he didn't want to move and ruin their moment together.

Feeling the ship jump out of hyperspace, he could feel the hand on his shoulder. Closing his eyes, the darkness within the planet was deep and heavy. Pain and destruction was all he could feel. Life on the planet was not one like on Voss or other worlds, this planet was a darkness more deadly than Nar Shaddaa. He now realised what a true Sith world felt like and he wasn't enjoying the feeling, it made his stomach tighten. Looking over to Jairdain, her question threw him a bit, he needed her faith in his skills now more than ever, her belief made him strong.

With you by my side, I am sure we can handle whatever comes. But I appreciate the question, my skills aren't the best I won't lie but I shall not fall to protect you, my love. Yuroic said, to lie to her with false promises and overconfidence would be dangerous. She could then rely on him too much and he could get them both killed, better they went into the situation knowing their limitations. Skills in combat and using the Force in combat are above average for my rank, especially since I use Form VI more. And while in combat I have been training to close my mind to others so that I cannot be attacked mentally and then push myself to fighting two battles at once. However, I would not cope well in a straight mental duel, not had the practised needed.

[member="Jairdain"]

For a few moments longer, Jairdain cherished Yuroic's hold on her and smiled at his words in her mind. When he answered her serious question, she just nodded, accepting his words.

"I'll protect our minds and our hides."

Chuckling a little, she grabbed her items and for the first time in her life actually attempted to put armor on. Going by touch, she was able to figure out what went where and was able to put it on.

"Any idea where to start? I could reach out and see if I feel where it's the most dark."

Rubbing her arms as well she could to take her mental chill away, she would look in his direction.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He helped her fit into the armour as he knew it would be awkward for her to do so. Then dressed himself in his own armour, it was basic but hopefully there should be anything out there that was more dangerous than the armour could protect them from. Clipping his lightsaber as he took Jairdain's hand and held her close to him. Shaking his head as he guided her to the cockpit. There he would take the reins of the ship and guide them to the planet's atmosphere. Taking a scan of the planet, he found the old temples from the Dread Masters of old.

There are a couple of palaces or temples, constructed by the Dread Masters, I am thinking that the phobis device will be in one of those. So we can approach them via the ship and you can sense whether or not they are the one we are looking for. Now while in the temple there are likely to be beasts of darkness, it has been many centuries since someone has entered these ruins. That is the danger we face, unknown animals who feed off the dark side.

Guiding the ship to the first temple with great care, he looked over to Jairdain and waited on her signal to either move along or land. Figuring that this way would be safer in the long run instead of them running around and possibly getting more in danger from being in the open.

[member="Jairdain"]

With his help, Jairdain got into the armor faster than if she had done it herself totally and walked with him to the cockpit. Yuroic sat down in the pilot seat and she sat down next to him.

Closing her eyes even though she didn't to, she reached out with the Force to sense where the darkness was at its highest.

As they flew over the twisted land, Jairdain felt pockets and areas that were more corrupt than others, but in the distance there was an area that almost felt lifeless and it was there that the darkness was highest. Pointing in the direction, Jairdain waited to get closer before nodding.

"There it is darkest, Yuroic. It is there we will find what we are looking for, if they are still here."

Her voice was entirely calm, but also slightly distracted. Through the Force, she was preparing a mental shield for her love and weaving it deftly.

"There is an area I feel that will be safe to land in and it's right outside of where we need to go."

Standing up, Jairdain would wait until the ship was landed before moving behind Yuroic and placed her hands on either side of his head. With the Force, she now wove the shield through him to keep him protected as much as she could. Her own was different, would accomplish the same thing.

"I'm ready when you are."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He guided the ship in the directions that Jairdain pointed to and landed the ship in the only spot he could deem a possible area to land. Landing wasn't the softest of ones but they were on the ground so he considered it a success. Well we have landed. That was the difficult part right? Mean, we could have crashed and be blown up... Attempting humour to lighten the mood, knowing they were both nervous about the dangers ahead of them.

Taking Jairdain's hand after she protected his mind, he kissed it lightly then rose from the seat. Looking at her, pass her body and into her soul, sensing the worry and nerves. He understood her fears, they were his as well, how could he not be afraid on such a dangerous planet but he gave her a wave of confidence. It was false but he never let her know that, he wanted to make her feel safe. Come on, no point hiding here. Let us get onto the ground. Speaking in a calm voice as he took her hand and guided her to the ramps.

Jumping off before it touched the ground, he landed on the surface and flexed his muscles, stretching before any fighting started. How far in do we have to go? Can you tell from here or do you need to go in closer? He called to her as Yuroic freed his lightsaber and ignited the double lightsaber.

[member="Jairdain"]

They turned in the direction she indicated and her feeling of dread rose. They were getting closer to what was in her dreams last night. Yuroic brought the ship in for landing, it wasn't smooth, but it was successful. With a jolt, the ship settled and he tried to reassure her as well as joke around slightly. After she finished what would look like a mental sphere around his mind, he took one of her hands and gave it a kiss.

Guiding her to the ramp of the ship, he jumped down and she followed after.

The area around the ship and in front of the temple would appear lifeless to normal eyes, but Jairdain sensed the corrupted life there. The twisted trees and grass at the edge of clearing as well as unknown creatures in the shadows.

"Take this as a good sign there may not be anything alive in the temple."

Stamping on the bare ground under there to point out there was no life there. She sighed, took a hold of Yuroic's upper arm and started walking to the open doors of the temple.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic inhaled deeply as he felt his fingers twitch, his body was on edge. No, I'm sure they are out there. Can feel us being watched. He grabbed his lightsaber hilt, not igniting it yet but keeping it ready for an attack. Moving forward, Yuroic pushed the door into the temple, grunting at the strain of attempting to open the ancient door. Gesturing Jairdain to follow in after him.

So, think it will be high up or down in a basement? I'm thinking basement otherwise we could have dropped in on the roof... Perhaps we should have anyway. Nah, stairs be killer if it is in the basement. Be a good calf work out... Nerves had him thinking out loud and most of the time, it wasn't the cleverest of thoughts. Closing his eyes, he attempted to focus on seeking out the darkness but it seemed more illusive to him than it did to Jairdain.

[member="Jairdain"]

Jairdain had better control of her misgivings than Yuroic did and provided a calm anchor for them both. He said there was life out there and she did not try to deny it, just that there wasn't any near to them as they made their way to the temple. Pausing at the door, Yuroic forced it open and they stepped in.

With the door now open, the full feeling of dread reared its head, the evil and darkness of this place was almost palpable. Putting on a brave face even while wanting to just turn around and leave, Jairdain stepped forward and took the lead. Yuroic would make sure nothing came at them physically and she wanted to be in front to keep any mental attacks from reaching him first.

"This way."

Feeling confident in the direction they needed to go, Jairdain walked down the stairs. Her hand was on her saber hilt as well and with her mind focused on protection, lead the way. She expected her love to fall in, keeping watch for beasts or maybe even next to her.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic looked around the ancient building, the ruins were somewhat fascinating. As much as the darkness put him on edge and even scared him a little, he thought that the design of the place and structures were quite interesting. This was done thousands of years ago, made before the Old Republic, before the New Republic, before the Silver Jedi. Yuroic wished he could take pictures or take a piece of the building back with him, as something to look at, study or possibly sell. Antiques of this era were rare and incredibly valuable. Perhaps there were holocrons or datapads with old information on the world. He couldn't know for sure.

Stepping in line with Jairdain, he kept his gaze fixated on their surroundings. Although he was alerted to every whisper of a noise, it didn't make him jump or shout in fear. His emotions were in check, though he was scared, he used it to keep his focus in check and ensure that he didn't go jumping into danger through reckless fear. As they stepped down the stairs, he looked around and pondered on what creatures could await them in the darkness, if they were still there. The dark side was too strong for him to use his Force Sense, it blinded him from any distance dangers.

Lucky for us that the dark side hasn't blinded you from the location of the device. Are we close love? Yuroic asked quietly, trying not to make too much noise.

[member="Jairdain"]

Walking together side by side, Jairdain felt the strongest pulse of darkness almost straight in front of them. She sensed other creatures drawn by the call of this device, they had been warped into monsters that only knew pain and death. There were large and small, nothing sentient was left in them, all insane from the device. None came out at their approach, but were aware of them.

Maybe they could speak telepathically, but the young Jedi didn't think so.

"There is life in here, but the device has driven any semblance of intelligence out of them and driven them insane. Watch to the side, my dear."

She walked on the left and he on the right. Jairdain did not stop in her path until reaching the far end of the temple where closed doors barred their path. Reaching a hand out, she attempted to push one of them open and stayed closed. Instead of using the Force to push it open, she reached out to feel with it instead. To see what was on the other side waiting for them.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic listened closely as he started to feel the insane beings. His mind could not link with theirs like it did with Ddraig. All he could feel was pain and screaming inside his mind, it drown any attempts he made to connect with it. Instead he was forced to ignite his saber and the golden hue lit the dark room. With the light he saw how close the beasts were and slashed his lightsabers in fast and deadly swifts. Jabbing at them before kicking a few and decapitating all those who wandered too close to Jairdain.

When he finished, his breath was a short but he quickly recovered. It was more the speed of the battle that wore his energy than the battle itself. He was fine to continue and moved to Jairdain's side. Kissing her cheek lightly as he gave her a smile to boost her confidence. Well... That wasn't too bad now was it? He said though knowing that it could easily get more dangerous quickly, he just hoped that they would be able to handle the dangerous that still lied ahead.

[member="Jairdain"]

Jairdain closed herself off to the beasts around them as she felt through the Force to what was on the other side of the door. There was no further life because the creatures couldn't open the door.

The battle between Yuroic and the maniacal monsters ended within moments, the light of his saber scaring away that weren't cut down by him. Silence now fell around them.

Reaching out a hand to touch him, she motioned with the other to the door.

"There's no life on the other side, Yuroic. I'll be safe to go on alone if you will stay and guard the door."

She felt that would be the best course of action, it would keep any beasts from reaching them from behind and she would be able to collect the device that was on the other side of the door. It would also keep Yuroic from going insane just by being within close proximity to it. Jairdain felt confident she could get it and not be entirely effected. The Jedi knew she would feel something and prepared herself before making an attempt with the Force to open the door in front of them.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic did not like her plan, leaving her alone with the device was not what he had signed up for. He was here so that they would get through it together, he wasn't going to just let her face whatever was inside the room alone, he couldn't. The whole point of their journey here was to do it together. Either we both go in or neither of us go in. We are in this together. He stated to her, his eyes fixed on her with an intense stare. His body would show that he wasn't taking no for an answer on this idea. No matter how strong she was, he felt that they were strongest together and that meant they had to face the dangers of this world as one force.

[member="Jairdain"]

Jairdain had spent enough time with Yuroic to know he wasn't going to stay and guard the door so when he said he was coming along, she nodded.

"I put a protection on you the best I could. Hopefully it is enough."

With a Force enhanced push, she had the door open and a flight of stairs lead up into the darkness. Walking through and waiting for Yuroic to join her, Jairdain shoved the door shut again and had faith the beasts wouldn't be able to push it open again.

The touch and feeling of the darkness around them could almost be felt. It was so much that even her Force vision was having a difficult time allowing her to see. It was a battle between the light and dark for her. Placing a hand on the wall, she followed it up the stairs taking one at a time. Her ears listened to the echoes of thier steps.

At the top of the stairs was another door also closed. Here she stopped. If Yuroic had his saber lit to reveal the stairs for him, he would see on her face the concentration she was holding. Deep within her, he would feel that she was affected by the device on the other side of the door. She felt fear, but controlled it. The fear was caused by the device and it was trying to dive into her mind and make as much of a beast as those he had just killed.

"Yuroic, I know you want to come. Please, stay I don't know what will happen when I open this door and I already feel the device. I won't beg you, but I can't protect you more than I already have. This is beyond what I can keep from harming your mind."

The Jedi reached out her hand to him, wanting a touch. It would hopefully find his cheek and from there she would kiss him. While doing her best to control the effects of the device, the kiss would be hard and fierce. Nothing like the gentle ones they had shared before.

"For luck, in case I don't come back unharmed."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

She allowed him to join her, he gave a sigh of relief. Travelling through the door, there was a chill that he could not feel physically but mentally, the Force was devoid of light here and it was a shocking feeling. Grabbing a torch, a safer light source than his lightsaber, he looked over at Jairdain and took her hand. Guiding her up the steps to the second door. Sadly she protested that the dangers beyond that door would be more dangerous than the she could protect him from.

Yuroic nodded then taken aback by her fierce kiss. He matched her ferocity and gripped the ample flesh of her bottom, wanting her to stay with him, to never leave him ever again. But she left him in the dark as he sat and closed his eyes. Meditating and waiting for the return of his beloved. Although there were whispers in the back of his mind, speaking dark fearful words. Of losing her, as seeing her ever again, of how he should join her and save her from the danger of the room.

This is the device. It wants to corrupt me. There is no chaos, there is only peace. Yuroic started reciting the old Jedi code, over and over as he emptied his mind of thoughts though he could not silence the thoughts forever. They were not allowed to become as loud as they once were. This would be enough.

[member="Jairdain"]

Yuroic accepted her ultimatum for staying at the door. After returning her kiss, he sat down to wait for her to come back. Jairdain just hoped nothing would harm him when she opened the next door.

With the heat of their kiss still on her lips, the Jedi clung to his hand as long as she could while she mounted the last steps to the next set of doors. Having to let go though, she did and pushed one of them open. Taking a loud and deep breath Jairdain went forward into the darkness alone.

She could feel the probing tentacles of the device as it attempted to enter her mind's defenses. Once past the threshold, she could not longer even sense Yuroic on the other side. The only thing she could sense was the device. It whispered to her, tempted and touched her. It caress of darkness across her mind was felt. This was what she was built for, it offered her strength. With her ability combined with it, there wasn't anybody that could stop them.

The Knight allowed this temptation to pass over her and ignored its calling. Walking a bridge that spanned a chasm, she kept her mental guard up and pushed across. In the middle of the room was a circular pedestal that held the device. As she drew closer, the call it gave grew stronger. Redoubling her efforts, Jairdain reached out and grabbed it. A mental scream went through her and if Yuroic could pick up on it, he would hear it as well. The darkness almost consumed her, almost caused her to lose her mind. Her own fortitude kept this from happening and once the sudden shock passed through her, she held the device in her hands.

Turning on her heels, she dashed back across the bridge, stopped for just a moment to nudge Yuroic, "we go now." It was all she could speak and continued along the path they had followed to come into the temple. She just hoped the proximity of the device didn't mess with his head. It was in contact with her though, so hopefully that would help mitigate anything it might try on him.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic felt the scream in his head and grunted out loud. It was like nothing he had ever felt before. The scream tore through the mental defences. He gasped. It was hard to breath. All he could think was ending his life. Then he heard Jairdain. Slowly, his mind pictured her as his eyes were blinded by darkness. He could feel her hand in is and inhaled her scent. Their love dragging his mind back to reality. With great effort he fought back the darkness and helped her to the door they came from. It felt a lot longer of a journey to their mental fight with the object, his was lesser than hers as the device was in her hands.

Luckily there were no more beasts, Yuroic doubted that he could have coped with a battle with them as well as the mental one that was ongoing. He continued to guide Jairdain, allowing her to focus on the device itself while he held close to her.

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom