Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Feeling of Dread

Waking up again, covered in sweat and shivering from yet another nightmare, Jairdain sat up in bed. Her head felt like it was splitting open with a headache and she wanted to cry in the pain from it. Over time, they had become less frequent, but the severity remained the same. Each dream was different, but all contained a feeling of dread to them. Of fear and darkness.

Pushing a button so she could know the time, Jairdain placed her feet on the floor and her head in her hands. Taking several calming breaths, she got up, washed her face and got her robes on. She was not a fearful person, but she didn't want to be alone. Very few people knew of her issues since Vjun and she liked it that way.

Most of the temple people were asleep, only a handful were awake. It was almost silent as Jairdain pattered the distance to find Yuroic. Of all the people she had told, he understood the issue most of all. He had been there that day and felt the Battle Meditation she had provided until getting into a mental duel with a Sith lord.

She had told him that had happened and the outcome. Shared the fact she and Lykos would be forever connected and both scarred from the fight. Of course, Jairdain had not told him right away, but over time as their relationship grew and flourished. It had culminated not long ago on Ilum. Their time together since had been limited.

Hoping he was awake, but feeling he would be asleep, Jairdain knocked softly on his door so as not to wake anybody else nearby.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic woke suddenly, he sensed in the pit of his stomach that Jairdain had another nightmare. Ever since their time on Ilum, he had developed a sense of when she released a strong emotion. That wasn't often but this night there was a lot of fear. So when the sounds of gentle knocking hit the door of his room, he moved towards the door. Only realising midway that he wasn't wearing much, preferring to sleep almost next to naked. So he grabbed loose trousers and put them on. Leaving his upper body exposed.

He answered the door, his eyes were of concern but he gave a weak smile to her. Pulling her in close he gave her a tight hug, holding her to his body. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head as he comforted her best he could. He knew of the scars that occurred during the aftermath of her mental battle, it was a scar he could not heal. However, he would do whatever he could for her. His love was deep and he no longer fought it away.

Come, sit down. Talk to me, what did you dream of this time? He guided her to his bed where he sat and put on a loose white shirt. Placing a hand on her cheek, his thumb rubbing slowly as he looked into her beautiful eyes. Giving her feelings of warmth and comfort through the Force, he hoped that this would calm her down from the nightmare.

[member="Jairdain"]

When Yuroic opened his door and wrapped her up in a hug, Jairdain almost appeared to grip onto him like he was a lifesaver. On her walk to his room, she had calmed down slightly and with his comfort she was under control again after a couple of minutes in his arms.

He asked what she had dreamed of this time and guided her to his bed. She sat at the foot of the bed and pulled her feet up under her body. Even though she had calmed down mentally, physically she was still shook up. Her head still hurt and body was chilled.

Feeling his emotions through the Force, she allowed them encase her. She closed her eyes and enjoy both his physical caress and that of the Force. Taking a breath, Jairdain reached for his other hand and held it within hers.

"They are all different, but all contain the feeling dread, fear and darkness. I never know what they mean though, if anything. Tonight's was far more clear though. There were items, something that appeared to almost hover in the air and expelled such a darkness that it could drive a person insane."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He felt her calming down from the nightmare but stayed close, both for her comfort and his own preference. Once he learnt what she had dreamt of, that this time had been more vivid than any of the others, he understood why she was more shook up. The intensity of these dreams must be difficult for her to control. Yuroic pondered on what could be such objects. He had read that there were cases of Jedi having dreams of the future, present or seeing things of importance. Wondering if Jairdain had dreamt of a real object he gently pulled away to retrieve a datapad.

There are items imbued with dark side energy, I have been reading on such things in my spare time. That is when I get some, he gave a small chuckle before showing her images of difference dark side objects. I was curious on Sith Magic, it seemed different to the Force as we were being taught and I wanted to know more, found out about these objects during the search and bookmarked them to read later. See if what you saw is on this list, perhaps these nightmares are trying to show you something, warn you of a dangerous item nearby.

It was a stretch to believe that the nightmares were anything but sinister in nature, the way they made Jairdain feel was enough for Yuroic to hate them. However, there had to be hope, something he had learnt with Jedi. Hope was always possible and if there was a glimmer of hope that these nightmares were linked to something real then perhaps there could be a balance. They could destroy this dangerous item and give Jairdain some peace hopefully.

[member="Jairdain"]

Jairdain gave Yuroic a bit of a sad look when he handed her the datapad. Vision for her was different than for him and others with actual sight. What she saw may or may not actually look like anything described on the pad. However, she figured the worst that could happen was nothing was there and they would have to search through other means to find out what it was she had in her dream.

"Why are you interested in Sith magic?"

They were both Jedi and had come into contact with sith, both as enemies and allies. It was odd to Jairdain to consider somebody dark as being an ally. Her own people would have killed them on the spot and not even bothered to have asked questions. She was changing though since being banished. What she had grown up knowing couldn't be applied any more.

"If anything, I want to know how to fight and resist such things. Is that information in here?"

Her little reading device was always with her and she passed it over the descriptions of the different items. There were so many and that feeling of dread came back into her gut.

"I had no idea on the amount of dark objects."

Handing him the device back and thinking out lout.

"If I maybe described to you what it was like in my dream, maybe you can find it easier?"

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic could understand her concern with him explore what is Sith magic. He was still very new in his training, and could likely be swayed from the path of light or at least that is what has happened to others at a similar stage as himself. However, with people like Arisa and Jairdain around him, he knew that he would never be swayed, they were his family and this was just a way to better understand the dangers out there and protect them from them.

Well, only way to know how to protect yourself from something is to understand it. Sith Alchemy is dangerous stuff, can create living beings, make weapons more dangerous or even toughen armour. I would never want to harness it but looking for ways to disable it or even destroy it before a battle begins could change the course of a battle.

Yuroic explained his interest as he took the datapad from her, he then realised that her Force Sight ability might not be able to see technology in the same way. A fact he felt dumb for forgetting, it was due to her strong Force Sight and how easily she could see him of him than he did at times that he forgot. However, he squeezed her hand in comfort, reassuring her that they would handle this together. She had helped him through his past and he was going to stick by her side till they died. He owed her too much to not do anything less.

If we find what it is that you dream of and it is dangerous then I think we should destroy it. Perhaps that's why you are having the dreams, to guide us to it. Go ahead, I should have figured it might be too much for you to find it. Take your time, my love.

[member="Jairdain"]

Jairdain nodded at his answer, it was the same reason she would want to know about them as well. Not to learn how to use or create, but how to combat the effects of the spells.

"I've wondered quite often if the Jedi have found ways to imbue things in the same way...well not the SAME way, but I hope you know what I mean..."

Letting out a sigh, she fell silent and got a thoughtful look on her face as she tried to remember the details of her dream. As she did this, her own normally controlled emotions took a nose dive and he would feel that inside, she didn't really want to go back and remember. In order to resolve this issue though, they both knew she needed to.

Her voice quiet, but not fearful and with her hand making the motions, she described what she had seen in the dream tonight.

"There were three of these in my dream and then like one more something, but that one I couldn't see. They were dark, almost black. That might just ben the darkside energy though coming from them. The shape was almost like two pyramids stacked bottom to bottom, but they weren't perfect diamonds. They were just off somehow..."

She fell silent as she thought of more details.

"They appeared to stay up on their own and other than a handful of people went crazy when they got close to them."

Even as she controlled her emotions, her face did show the fear she felt in speaking about whatever these were.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He smiled as Jairdain fumbled with her words about being curious if there was such a thing as Jedi magic. He was too curious about if there was such a thing and if not, why not? Why could they do something similar to the Sith. It wasn't as if only Pureblood Sith could use Sith Alchemy, so nothing made it a species based ability. He listened to her description and scrolled through the various images and texts on different artefacts. He hesitated when he found what she talked about.

I... I think I found what you are talking about. But, if it is this then we have a much larger problem at hand. It is called a Phobis Device, made many thousands of years ago. Only a few were made, and Sith would meditate near them and most would become insane, however, those that didn't became very dangerous Force Users. If you can see these devices, then I think we need to destroy them. They turn people into these Dread Masters, they sound awful Jairdain. Perhaps we should get Master Yune to help us, these were created by an extremely powerful dark sider. I don't know if we can handle this alone.

He didn't doubt her strengths, she was more powerful than he was and he loved, respected that she was a great Force User. However, reading what these things were, they were more terrible than he could even think of. To warp a person's mind, drive them crazy or make them vicious beings of destruction. It was terrifying to say the least. He wanted her to be safe, and going near these devices could make her scars worse. Something he would never want to happen.

[member="Jairdain"]

As Jairdian described what she saw in her dreams, she knew they were something real when Yuroic spoke up about what he thought they were.

"I had hoped they were just dream images and nothing real."

She felt it when he hesitated, but he went on to say what they were.

"Does it say what happened to them? There are no Dread Masters now...are there? I've never heard of them."

Taking a gulp and trying to bury her own concern on her dream and what it all meant, Jairdain attempted to project her ever calm emotion. With their connection though, he would likely pick up on her emotions. He expressed his concern about them being able to handle this on their own, but if they had been destroyed in the past, they wouldn't have to.

"I'm pretty sure we could face this together. You've grown in your own ability and I have as well. Since Vjun I've been working on my mind strength, my willpower. With you at my side keeping any enemies away, we should be able to destroy one or somehow bring it back for study. Maybe find a way to neutralize the threat or figure out a light version of these to use."

They held hands and she fell silent, that feeling of dread still within her, but fading in the company of his love and caring.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He listened to what she had to say. Going alone felt like a bad decision in his mind but he trusted Jairdain and he didn't want her to think that he doubted her abilities. Taking her hand, Yuroic moved in close and kissed her lightly. Hoping to help settle her dread and anxiety over the dreams and reality of the danger they were posing. Looking more into the Dread Masters, Groups of Jedi hunted the Dread Masters down, during the Old Republic, they were originally captured. Failed attempts were made to turn them to the light so they were meant to be imprisoned indefinitely. However, they were freed by an old Sith Empire, then turning rogue they were defeated by Jedi and Sith working together to take them down.

He hugged her tightly as he whispered in her ear. I love you, and together we can do this. I won't ever leave you. Taking her hand and placing it on his chest, letting her feel his slow steady heartbeat. You own my heart, always. So you have nothing to ever fear. I will be there to protect you. Kissing her once more, he moved back and packed the essentials that he would need for the journey. Looking over to Jairdain. Have you any idea where one would be? The datapad didn't say much on locations, I'm guessing dark nexus or Sith planets but that could be completely incorrect.

[member="Jairdain"]

Yuroic moved in close to her, wrapping her in love, holding her and giving her a light kiss. He attempted to comfort her and clear away the memory of her more recent nightmare.

He looked into that information there was about these Dread Masters, but there wasn't much. A bright bit of knowledge though was the fact they were killed and no longer a threat. What about the devices though? Were they destroyed too?

"These masters died, but what about the devices? Is there anything else on them?"

Giving her a hug, he said he loved her and would never leave her. Jairdain leaned into the hug and felt the beat of his heart as he placed her hand on his chest. Staying that way for a few moments finished pushing away any reservations.

"You protect me from the physical attacks and I'll protect you from the mental. Together we can't fail."

Yuroic moved away from her as she spoke and Jairdain gave him a large smile, it slowly faded as she thought about what she knew of locations.

"If you say this was in the time of the Old Republic, then they controlled Dromud Kaas, but I think that's Silver territory now. I highly doubt we would have left these devices just laying around. There was Yavin, but over time that changed hands too. Um...Ziost, but the then Emperor killed everything there. Of course, there are other locations, but those are the ones I learned about while looking up history. Not being from around here, I've missed out on so much."

She didn't have a clue where any nexus were, but didn't want to admit that lack of knowledge to him.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

As Jairdain listed the numerous locations that she could think of as places where they wouldn't be, one came to Yuroic's mind. He searched through the list of dark side planets. Coming to a stop on the planet, he hesitated as he read what the history of the planet held. Slaves, thousands of dead slaves, sacrificing their lives to build for these monsters. Yuroic placed the datapad aside and looked at Jairdain.

Oricon. We need to go to Oricon. It was home of the Dread Masters. They used slaves to build their monstrous constructions. It is heavily twisted to the dark side by a Sith Emperor. Yuroic informed Jairdain as he rose to his feet and began to change, he stripped before placing on clean robes and basic Jedi armour, stuff to protect him from beasts and light damage. Clipping his belt then his lightsabers.

Looking back at Jairdain, he pulled out some female robes he kept say and armour. I kept these in here, just in case you ever wanted to stay the night since Ilum. The armour was because of how often we have been needed to go straight into action.

[member="Jairdain"]

With a tone of assurance. Yuroic stated the name of a planet that was home to these Dread Masters back then. He then got up and got dressed, handing her something more to put on as well. She took the items and gave him a slightly odd look when she felt the armor.

"Yuroic, I've never worn armor before and have been able to avoid physical confrontations. I don't think I should start now..."

She did take the robes though and changed out of her sleeping clothes before putting them on.

"You know my size!"

Giving him a hug and kiss as a thank you. They had maintained separate sleeping quarters after their return from Ilum, but that was more due to him still being a padawan and her a knight than anything else. Nor were they married so Jairdain couldn't see changing anything about living arrangements until that happened anyway.

"When we come back, we should...Never mind."

Blushing, Jairdain moved to the door and turned to look back at Yuroic.

"I need to get my cloak and saber from my room as well as find somebody to care for Tao while we are gone."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic blushed as he heard Jairdain comment on his knowledge of her size. He hadn't been certain but he took an educated guess, seemed he was a good eye for it. No worries, I was just lucky. Take the armour please. I know that I will be there to protect you from most physical damage, but I'm still a Padawan, I'm not that skilled in combat and we don't know the danger we are going to face. I will feel better just knowing that you are wearing it, means I won't be fretting over you as much.

He had long accepted his faults and he wanted her to know that he wasn't going to risk their safety through pride. Giving her a smile as she left the room, he grabbed a blaster pistol and a few notes that he could read on their way to the planet. He knew how long hyperdrive could be and it would be a good idea to get an insight on what the planet had in ways of life on the surface. There was a serious doubt in his mind that they were going to be friendly beings.

Letting Jairdain that he would meet her in the hangar of the temple, Yuroic left a brief note to tell his master where he was going and what they were dealing with. Finally he reached the hangar and sat, waiting on Jairdain as he felt his leg bouncing nervously.

[member="Jairdain"]

Returning quickly to her quarters, Jairdain grabbed her cloak and saber. Yuroic had forced her to take the armor and she carried that with her as best she could and took her mewvor to her own padawan. This was a mission she didn't feel comfortable taking him along for and asked if he would care for the kitten while she was gone. There would be more opportunities in the future and ones that were way less dangerous. She reassured him and left Tao with him.

Walking through the still almost silent temple, Jairdain had no second thoughts going into this. If this was partially the reason for her nightmares, she wanted to deal with it. She felt confident in the fact these Dread Masters were dead and could no longer be a threat. Their devices though would be different. When the time came, Jairdain was sure she could handle whatever force was brought against her mentally. She would be able to resist being driven insane by them. Her mental conditioning would be her strength here and she would use it to resist the device, if they found one.

They had agreed to meet in the temple's hanger area and go from there. Her own ship was meant for a single person, so they would have to borrow something that would work for both of them. He waited for her and Jairdain smiled at her love as she walked up.

"Thank you for your help in this. Are you sure you want to come along?"

She didn't really want to go alone, but would understand if he said no. He was still learning and may not be able to resist the mental attack of these devices.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic heard her question and shook his head. She was asking if he wanted to let her go alone. Never would let you do something this dangerous alone. You need me around to look pretty and kick butt. He gave her a teasing wink before moving to a small freighter, lowering the ramp as he looked around the ship before going to the cockpit. Looking over the controls, he knew basics of flying a ship of this design but he would be no legendary pilot with the controls.

Don't suppose you know how to pilot a ship like this? Yuroic joked before starting the engine. Feeling the engine hum into life, he took the controls and kicked the ship into life. Moving the ship slowly around as he drove the vehicle out of the hangar and into the outer space. He gave a small sigh as he looked at the darkness of space.

What do you want to do in the mean time? Hyperspace be a while. He stated as he kicked the hyperdrive into life and they were launched into the faster than light travel, he shifted in his seat and looked over at Jairdain.

[member="Jairdain"]

When Yuroic said he wouldn't let her go alone in this, she would almost visibly relax. A sense of fear she hadn't even known was there released suddenly. Even with his joking words in there, it made her feel better.

The ramp lowered on one of the freighters there and she followed him aboard. She places the items she carried near the door and joined him in the cockpit as he started the ship and took off out of the hanger.

Chuckling a little, Jairdain shook her head before answering, "I'm lucky to know how to fly my own ship and even it is a piece of junk that can't fight. Gets me where I need to go though."

He asked what she wanted to do in the meantime as they travelled.

"How long are we looking for travel time?"

Instead of answering the question, she returned with one of her own. She had ideas, but kept them to herself, at least for now.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Making sure that the ship's auto pilot could cope with taking the reins before he answered Jairdain's question. He moved out of the chair and moved in close to her, pinning her against the wall. He took a deep breath as he smiled, inhaling her sweet scent before gently placed his head against hers and kissed her lovingly. Breaking the kiss he moved to the main hold, leaning against a wall opposite Jairdain, he looked over to her. His eyes shifted to the right as he thought about the time it would take.

A few hours I think... Possibly four at max? He answered, he wasn't sure how fast this ship was travelling through hyperspace, it certainly wasn't the fastest ship around but then they didn't have a great selection for him to go choosing. Yuroic then gave her a smirk as he added in a teasing tone, So what you got in mind? Combat training, meditation or something else... Different way of getting a sweat on. He held back a teasing laugh as he said it, knowing it was a terrible innuendo.

[member="Jairdain"]

Jairdain heard Yuroic moving around in the cockpit and knew when he moved in close. For just a moment, they stood together, reminiscent of the day on Ilum and they kissed. It lasted just a few moments and not long enough for her. When he moved away from her, Jairdain followed barely two steps behind. He said they had at most four hours.

When he asked what she had on her mind, a small blush appeared on her cheeks. She heard the tease in his voice and knew they were thinking the same thing. What had happened on Ilum was their first and only time intimately together. Now another chance had been provided and she honestly didn't want to let it pass.

Shortly after they had met, she had taught telepathy to him and a few others. Looking at him through the Force, he would feel her gaze.

I don't think it would ​take much thought...

It was her turn to move close and she wrapped her arms around Yuroic and kissed him deeply.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He heard her voice in his head and smile. Sending her back a picture of Ilum and the feeling of love and happiness he felt. Being with her was something very different to what he had ever felt before. Grabbing her hips, he lifted her light frame and kissed her heatedly, feeling her wanton need mixing with his own.

Carrying her to a bedroom in a private cabin, his hand groping her flesh as he falls on the bed with her. Breaking their heated kiss, he kisses her neck and strokes her side before quickly tugging her robes free. "I love you, my violet eyed beauty." His mind open to hers as he shared his intense feelings for her.

The doors slid close as they spent their spare time wisely.

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom