Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A family's helping hand (The Family)

They say to always expect the unexpected. Well she never expected someone to set off a grenade inside their own ship before. So that was a first, and hopefully the last. What started out as an easy job went down hill quick after entering Epica's orbit.

See, she was hired to guard some ancient artifact in a box. Honestly she didn't know what it was and never bothered to ask. She just knew that someone with way more credits than her, spent way too many credits on something really old. Said artifact was the cause of her current situation. The pilot that was hired to deliver the package decided he wanted it for himself, probably to sell to someone else with too many credits. He wanted it enough so that he willing pulled out a grenade and tried to use it as a bargaining chip. Hand to package over or I set this thing off. Unfortunately he didn't know how grenades worked.

This lead to Riley's current situation. One where said grenade detonated and badly damaged the freighter. Now Riley found herself at the helm of the dying freighter that seemed to have been Frankensteined from several other freighters. Smoke poured from holes in the ship as engines and other systems began to fail. She struggled with all her might to keep the wounded ship from dropping straight down.

Alarms blared out futile warnings as the vessel began losing not just systems but parts as well. Riley need to bring this thing down as best, and safely, as possible. Luckily there was a lot of wide open space to do such a thing. Now, all she needed to do was....the sound of screeching metal quickly followed by violent shaking announced that one of the vessels three engines decided to part its own way. They were losing altitude even faster now. She pulled up on the stick to level out, barely missing a large mansion. The ground was closing in faster than ever.

The large freighter slammed into the ground with a mighty thud. It's bulk carved a massive trench in its wake. Trees and shrubs were uprooted or crushed along the way. One of the vessels stabilizer wings snagged the ground, causing the freighter to roll several times before coming to a stop. The freighter listed to one side, steam and smoke rising from its hull. Inside the cockpit was the now unconscious pilot. The impact of the crash and snapped her safety harness, tossing her from the pilots seat.

Jai was running around like a headless hen trying to get a speeder ready, with Ila just struggling to keep up, having clearly not been ready for something like this.

“Jay! You realize if it was literally burning I’m not the person to deal with the bodies, right!” She said as she grabbed her gear. Jai just rolled his eyes, tossing a medical pack into the speeder.

“What can I say Ila? I’m optimistic.”

“Crazy’s more like it. Most useful think’ll be that plug in the back of your neck to find the passenger manifest.” The Echani fired back, jumping into the speeder. Jai didn’t really answer, just jumping into the driver seat, and getting everything to the crash site.

Riley Reese Riley Reese

TAG: Riley Reese Riley Reese Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

“You got both emergency bags?” Xiann asked as she hopped into the passenger seat of the speeder. “If you ask me again I’ll render aid without you. Now hurry up.” Rusty had already started the speeder and was throttling up as his owner was climbing in. Sometimes she was envious of the efficiency of droids but on times like this, not so much. “Yes yes. Hit it!” The Twi’lek was immediately pressed into the back of her seat as the speeder accelerated towards the fireball. She would have to warn any non droid about that if they wanted to borrow this thing.

As the pair approached and searched for a landing spot, Xiann looked over the wreckage. A freighter? What kind of cargo was it hauling? Was it worth much? She shook her head to remove those questions, that wasn’t why she was here this time. New questions took their place: How many were aboard? How many survived? Would they be grateful or aggressive to their saviours? The jolt of landing brought her mind back to the present and she grabbed the mechanical emergency bag and hopped out while Rusty grabbed the medical. He was no medidroid, but his mechanical precision made him a better doctor than her.

As they came to the hull of the ship she saw it was clearly only held together with dreams and the good will of the universe. She glanced at Rusty who had a similar look to him, though not quite as on fire. A smile crossed her lips as she jogged up to one of the passenger doors, not even bothering to try any codes she just smashed the panel a few times with her wrench and jammed a security spike into the socket behind. She danced on her tiptoes for the eternity that was the eight seconds it took for the 'thunk' of the locks to release and the door slide halfway open. Good enough.

The pair slid their way into what seemed a large common area of the ship, filled with scorch marks. The kind that didn’t seem to be made by the crash. Xiann pulled one of her blasters from its holster and turned towards the cockpit. It was quite dark other than the sparks occasionally flying out of some damaged electrical component. Her eyes were adjusting slowly but Rusty spoke up before she could see anything, “There is a person there. It appears they were thrown from the pilot seat.” “See if they need anything. I’ll cover.”

Xiann spun and faced her back to one of the walls while pulling her other blaster. She kept one trained on the pilot and another pointing down the main area of the ship. This freighter crashing wasn’t entirely by accident, whoever did it may have survived further back the ship and she didn’t want to be caught unawares by them. Not to mention they definitely weren’t the only ones to see the fireball. Others would come too and not to render aid. “How are they, Rusty? Alive? Moveable? This is not a good position.”

The world seemed...fuzzy, as she came to. Bits and pieces of the crash played through her mind like a broken holovideo. There were voices that she didn't remember, more than what had been before the crash. As they became clearer and the memories of the crash quickly faded, her body began to move.

Her eyes opened. Solid black at first, then her irises flickered to life. Like green fire in an endless abyss. They quickly landed on the droid leaning over to check her. Instinct kicked in and she tried to move into a more defensive position. Tried was the key word as several parts in her cybernetic limbs didn't respond properly and left her somewhat struggling. "Who..?" Was about all she could muster out at the moment.

Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Ila held tight as Jai drove the speeder like a mynock out of the netherworld.

"Could drive any more like a drunk hutt!? Stick to the animal riding you crazy Mando!" Jai looked over, chuckling a bit.

"Come on, Ila. It's not that bad." He said, slowing a bit as he saw the wreckage. Ok that looked bad. Jai just got the speeder close. He noticed another speeder there, looking at the Echani and nodding before both pulling their pistols before starting to approach where someone seemed to be. But with some familiar voices, the Mandalorian was quick to holster his weapon before running up.

"Whet the heck's going on here ki.... Holy crap someone actually made it." Ila ran up, carrying a bag before stopping, and unlit cig falling from her mouth. She ran up, not really minding Rusty, but seemingly having old habits that die hard. She looked at the droid, then the... honestly she wasn't sure how to explain what she was looking at. This kid didn't exactly seem... organic.

"Guys, despite the replacements, I'm not good with cybernetics, and I honestly can't tell what's what he.... Wait kid you can talk?! After this landing?"

Riley Reese Riley Reese Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron

TAG: Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Riley Reese Riley Reese

Xiann shifted her aim as she heard a speeder land just outside, swiftly followed by voices. At least one of which was familiar. She was about to call out but the others had already entered the wreckage. One of the pair rushed to the injured pilot and Rusty, the other was indeed a familiar face. She lowered her blaster, “Hey Old Man.” She purposely avoided using Jai’s name as she hadn’t checked to see if the pilot was friendly, “Welcome to the fireball. It seems some scuffling happened here…” she gestured to the blood and scorch marks around the central area, “... and potentially brought her down. We have an uncon-”

The pilot seemed to have woken up and was re-orientating themselves. Or perhaps recalibrating would be a better term for someone with this amount of cybernetics. “Correction, conscious pilot. Unknown affiliations. You recognise them?” Rusty looked up to Xiann and Jai, “She seems disoriented with minor organic damage and major mechanical damage. She’ll probably need replacements. She’s in pain, but she’ll live.”

Xiann turned to Jai again, “Mind watching the door and I’ll see if I can grab any data from the console?” Without waiting for an actual answer she headed over to the console. As soon as she press the first button it sent a shock up her arm, “Son of a Kriffing Jawa!” She shook her arm to try and ease the tingling. “Well, that answers that I guess. Seems the only answers we get will be from her.” The Twi’lek turned and looked down at the pilot who was clearly still out of it.

She clicked her tongue and knelt down next to Ila, “Ship sounds stable so other than the locals we should be safe to give her some treatment here.” She opened her pack, pulled out a handful of tools, gave them to Rusty and turned to Ila, “You know medical stuff right? You focus on the fleshy bits, me and Rusty will focus on the metal bits.” She looked over the others head towards Jai, “And you stand there looking menacing at anyone who wanders by.” She paused for a second before winking and blowing a kiss, “Perfect!”

She smiled before she turned back to the pilot and eyed over her cybernetics. She was impressed by the complexity and doubted she could get them perfect, but she could certainly make them into working limbs if nothing else. An actual challenge, this is going to be fun.

Riley's cybernetic eyes turned to the new arrival. She appeared to be a medic, or what she hoped was a medic. The woman seemed surprised that Riley was able to speak after such a landing. "I've had worse." She managed to get out in a hoarse voice.

A young Twi'lek appeared at her side and started going on about fixing her prosthetics. Her mind felt like it was swimming too much to really focus. But it was clear enough to run a systems check. A transparent screen filled her vision, listing various damages done to her prosthetics and cybernetics. Luckily nothing was life threatening. Unluckily, there was damage to several sensors that allowed control, along with various other pieces and parts suffering minor damage.

Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron

Jai looked at Xiann, walking up and looking at the cyborg while Ila seemed to get things prepped.

"Can't say I know this one. Don't recognize the ship either." He said before hearing the Twi'lek suggest he watch the door while her, Rusty, and Ila got to work. He nodded, going to keep an eye on things. Meanwhile, the Echani cyborg was still astonished by the fact the pilot could've survived this, but would then hear Xiann. She smirked a bit, opening he bag.

"Think I carry this around to look cute? I'll do what I can. Never seen anything like this though, but that's the bonus of learning medicine in the Outer Rim. You get good at... estimating." She remarked, reaching in and getting her supplies before getting to work to find any flesh wounds and making sure the pilot was stable. "So, have a name?"

Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron Riley Reese Riley Reese

Xiann went to work on the cybernetics that she could. She tried to keep the damage to the exterior and various housing partitions minimal but some force was necessary in places. It wasn’t too much of a concern, she could always replace the damaged parts once at the workshop. There were only simple sheets after all. The actual circuits and mechanical parts of these limbs were something else entirely. She could see the main structure of the limbs fairly easily as well as its necessary circuits, everything else was pretty much a guess at what it did in its perfect form.

The Twi’lek let out a little hiss of air in pain as her finger jolted back after she electrocuted herself. Again. An action that was repeated many times over the next few minutes as she poked around the synthetic limbs trying to get to the parts required for motion. Everything else could wait until they were out of the creaking wreckage. She only hoped the shocks were only hitting her and not the girl she was working on. Or the medic.

“I don’t suppose you have some sort of diagnostic that can tell us when you can move, do you? I’d prefer to not stay here too long. We can work more on you back at my shop.” Xiann leaned back, sitting on her heels and turned to Ila, “If her organic part can survive movement that is. How you doing Doc?”

Riley figured it was best to not fight back at this point. Had they wanted to harm her, they probably already would have. Her cybernetic eyes turned to Ila when she asked her name. "Riley."

She almost tensed when Xiann touched her prosthetics. Having a complete stranger touching them, let alone fixing them, was...different. Not something she would normally do. A small shock caused her to wince a little. "Yes. I can tell that both arms are roughly 60 to 70 percent functional. My left leg is mostly functional while the right seems to have suffered enough damage for limited mobility. Luckily anything internal seems to be fine."

Ila was carefully at work, trying to make sure everything about Riley was good to go. "Riley? Good name. I'm Ila, and armored and depressing out there's Jai'galaar."

"I heard that."

"I know." She had started pulling out a vial of medicine, prepping a needle as she heard Riley explain her diagnostics, and Xiann's question. She nodded a bit, looking at the Twi'lek. "All things considered she's good." She then looked at the cyborg. "You have a few bumps, scraps, and bruises, but nothing I can tell too bad from the outside. It'll be hard to tell until the adrenaline wears off though. Just to be safe." She made sure to show Riley what she was doing. "It's a bacta based injection that should help. Made more specifically for cyborgs to make sure it doesn't mess with anything. It will sting at first, but trust me, should keep any pain dulled and keep anything from getting worse at least." She said, putting it needle into a vein before giving the injection, at least as long as Riley agreed.

Riley Reese Riley Reese Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron

TAG: Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Riley Reese Riley Reese

Xiann leaned back on her heels and replaced her tools in her bag, “Well this is as good as you’re going to get until I can get some proper machinery on you.” She retrieved her tools from Rusty who stood up and offered his hand to Riley. “Rusty can help you to the speeders outside and we’ll get you somewhere safer.”

The Twi’lek rolled back to the flat of her feet and stood up straight, “I’ll send some security drones out here to guard the ship until we can give it a proper going over. See what we can do with it.” She turned and walked over to join Jai at the entrance, “We’ll take her to my workshop as we don’t know her. At least that way it’s easier to deal with her if she kicks up a stink.” She purposefully kept her voice very low, she’d be surprised if even her own droid caught what she said properly.

All in all, she didn't seem to be in to bad of shape. Considering the crash she had just survived. She eyed the needle for a second with some amount of hesitation before giving small nod of agreement.

She accepted the offer from the droid to be helped up. Once on somewhat steady feet, she was lead to the speeder. It was then that she got a good at the ship. She had to admit, it was quite the mess. Her eyes turned from the wreck to the people who pulled her out of it. She wasn't sure what to make of them or who they were, but that would have to wait for the moment.

Ila nodded, quickly getting her things gathered. “Honestly better than trying to do more work in this hulk, so I’d listen to the kid. Hey armored and shooty. We’re coming out.” Jai looked at Ila, chuckling a bit before hearing Xiann’s plan. He thought before nodding.

“Good idea kid. Let’s get a move on.” He looked at Riley as she walked out, not sure what to make of her honestly. Still, best get her patched up.

Xiann followed Riley and Rusty out of the ship and hopped into the driver's seat while the droid helped their patient into a seat. She pulled a padd out of a semi-hidden pocket of the seat and tapped away. “Don’t worry Riley, my workshop isn’t too far away. We’ll have you there and on a workbench in no time.”

With a few final taps on the padd it confirmed the launching of some of her security drones from the estate to the wreckage. She also had fired out a message to the other local salvagers that this ship was her claim and interlopers will be buried upside down. Family members on Epica would also have received the coordinates and security pass for the ship, in case they needed them.

Putting the padd away she started up the speeder and checked that Riley and Rusty were both secured before raising from the ground. She would pause to wait for Jai and Ila to join her in the air before speeding off to her workshop.

Riley gave Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron a small thumbs up when she stated that her workshop wasn't to far off. She closed her eyes for a moment. Some of the pain and soreness was setting in, but that was to be expected. Considering she had just crash landed a near homemade freighter.

The bigger question was what was she going to do now. Her ride out of her was nothing bit scrap metal and she was too injured, mechanically, to get far on her own. Not to mention that she was trusting her well being with total strangers. Letting out a soft sigh, she let her mind drift into a partial sleep.

Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Jai watched as everyone got out of the wreck offering to help Ila down given her bag before getting tossed the bag. "Thanks big guy." She said with a slight smirk before jumping down and walking towards the speeder. Jai followed, tossing the bag in the back before jumping in and holding on as Ila followed Xiann.

Tag: Riley Reese Riley Reese Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Xiann leaned forward in her seat as if trying to will her speeder to go faster. While her passenger wasn’t in mortal danger, the sooner they could detach her malfunctioning equipment the better, who knows what problems it could cause if left alone too long. The speeder skirted along the tops off the trees until they fell away making way for the open space that had been filled with the town she had set up shop in.

The Twi’lek pulled back on the throttle steadily until they came to a stop over a landing pad clearly designed for cargo drops, easily big enough for the pair of speeders to land in. As Xiann began to lower to the ground she turned to Rusty, “Go clear a space and grab some usable limbs we can attach temporarily.” The droid got up out of his seat and jumped over the side of the speeder landing on his feet smoothly despite the fairly high drop. He then headed over to a large door in the building which automatically opened for him.

As the Speeder touched down and powered off, Xiann hopped down to solid ground before turning to Riley with a smile, “Shall we see what we can do for you properly then?” She offered her hand to help her passenger out as a loud clattering sound emanate from the building followed by Rusty’s voice, “I have cleared a space. How many arms and legs should I get?” Xiann’s smile faded as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and turned face the building “Two of each! Did you forget what humanoids look like, you blighted battle-bot?!” She pulled the wrench off the back of her belt and pointed it at the building, “And if you’ve broken anything in there I’m gunna stick this wrench where the oil don’t flow!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom