Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A difficult request

bWMGgIz.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Ship: Factory link
Tag: Aayla Shan Aayla Shan
Finally recovered from her encounter with Persephone Ambrosia Persephone Ambrosia on Coruscant, Valery was given permission to leave the hospital and return to her duties. But before she would travel back to the front and beyond, there was something important she had to take care of. The attack she survived had not created much of a fear for her own life, but it had unwillingly exposed the risk of carrying a child as a Jedi. Especially a Jedi known to dive head-first into the pits of Darkness beyond the borders of the Alliance or Silver Jedi.

The father, Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , had to be kept unaware of their child for as long as he remained tainted by the Dark Side. So she knew that in order to guarantee her child's safety, she would have to ask for help from those she trusted. As much as she wanted to keep her child away from everything and everybody to protect it herself, it was the only way. After taking some time to think about her options, she quickly made up her mind and traveled to the Silver Rest, where she was sure she could find her old friend.
Only hours after her initial departure, she would arrive at Kashyyk and landed her X-wing in the Hangar specifically assigned for her. She turned off all its systems and began to walk towards the more secretive training room of the Shadows. Of all places at this Temple, she just had a gut feeling that Aayla was going to be there, and her senses confirmed it as she got closer.
Up ahead, she heard the woman going through what she believed was her typical training routine. In an attempt not to interrupt it, she quietly stepped into the room and waited for Aayla Shan Aayla Shan to wrap up her training. She leaned against the wall and silently observed.
"Long time no see," Valery said with a faint smile once the silver-eyed woman wrapped up her training. She was quite happy to see Aayla again, so even though she came to discuss something less pleasant, she'd greet the woman with a smile.
F7r9prE.png

tpuAKtr.gif

The spar had taken a turn. Aayla was in the midst of sparring one of her peers from childhood. Different paths, yet the fighting was always magnetic. Aayla held an edge with her saber play, while her opponent was particularly skilled in Battle Meditation, forcing Aayla to always be reacting, even on offense. All the same, it was always a thrill. The sounds of the sabers striking off of one another rapid, and melodic. All the same, never bringing animosity. Simple competition to best the other. This particular spar had been going on for thirteen minutes roughly before Valery had sneaked in, Aayla not even noticing the Master was in the room initially.

'Little low on that left side Aayla, sure that shoulder's okay?'

Her opponent goaded her, flourishing her green saber and falling into a Makashi stance.

Aayla would counter this by immediately adopting Shii-Cho.

"Try it sweetie.."

She responded, huffing lightly from their spar. This was when it got good. Not the quick fight, but the one that became drawn out. When every action needed to be weighed, and examined carefully to avoid over-stepping.

They met again, her opponent forcing Aayla to maintain a defense, as everything she tried seemed to be either broadcasted, or parried with ease. It was when the opponent parried, then punched Aayla in the shoulder she was stabbed in that Aayla's defense broke down, allowing the opponent to spin and fire a kick at her mid-section.

She responded by offering a slight slide, groaning still from the strike against her fresh wound, overextending the leg, and snaking her own right foot under to sweep the opponents leg, simultaneously holding the saber over her downed opponent.

"Yield..."

Aayla said breathlessly, to which a crackling sound to her lower left was audible. Glancing down, she noted that the killing blow would have cost her leg at the knee, smirking and taking a few steps back while cutting her saber off.

'Slippin' up Aayla...'

"Come off it... Battle Meditation is one of the most powerful abilities a Jedi can muster. An-.."

Her eyes scanned over, resting on Valery, and offering a smirk. upnodding her downed opponent, and offering a hand to help her to her feet.

"Hey, can I get a minute?"

She asked, nodding idly to the Jedi Master that had entered. The opponent would raise their eyebrows, and offer the newcomer a bow. Smiling and moving to leave while Aayla moved to Valery at the same time.
"Long time no see," Valery said with a faint smile once the silver-eyed woman wrapped up her training. She was quite happy to see Aayla again, so even though she came to discuss something less pleasant, she'd greet the woman with a smile.

"I heard you came back... Heard about Coruscant too... Saw the pictures. Is it true? A woman..."

She watched the other walk out, then upnodded Valery.

"Bit you?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

2FS8YbB.png

bWMGgIz.png
Valery had watched the spar and smirked at Aayla when she finally approached, "Good spar, but using Shii-Cho against a Makshi duelist is risky." she winked as her inner Battlemaster briefly came out, and pushed herself off the wall. A quick bow of her head would be offered to Aayla's sparring partner before her expression grew more serious.
The fact that Aayla had heard about Coruscant was somewhat troubling. She had hoped that the news wouldn't spread too much.
"Yeah... something like that." she smiled sheepishly and rubbed the side of her neck that had been bitten. But her smile quickly faded and for a moment, a more somber expression would cover her face.
"It's part of why I wanted to talk to you. I... I need help." she said as she looked into Aayla's silver eyes. "I feel terrible for having to ask anything of you after not having seen you in so long, but I trust you and well..."
she paused and swallowed - the normally strong warrior seemed to have faded completely. Valery rarely, if ever, looked vulnerable but this whole situation certainly made it difficult to seem strong and confident.
"Can we talk somewhere privately?"
F7r9prE.png

tpuAKtr.gif

For a reason beyond description, Aayla still held her saber in hand, listening to Valery as sweat poured from her form. Silver hues piercing the other as they spoke. Idly walking forward, and stepping past Valery. Glancing over to her and being receptive, and attentive to what the other spoke. There was something pressing beneath what Valery spoke, but she couldn't pinpoint it.

Valery had watched the spar and smirked at Aayla when she finally approached, "Good spar, but using Shii-Cho against a Makshi duelist is risky." she winked as her inner Battlemaster briefly came out, and pushed herself off the wall. A quick bow of her head would be offered to Aayla's sparring partner before her expression grew more serious.

The scoff didn't find her voice, but her face. Rolling her eyes slightly, and shaking her head, a left hand dismissing what Valery was saying, still not aware that Valery was feeling particularly vulnerable then.

"Oh please, Clara is... She just knows Battle Meditation. Like fighting someone that knows every move you make... I'll get her eventually."

Aayla offered with a grin.

"It's part of why I wanted to talk to you. I... I need help." she said as she looked into Aayla's silver eyes. "I feel terrible for having to ask anything of you after not having seen you in so long, but I trust you and well..."

Really... Aayla would seem taken aback, face softening suddenlt when she realized Valery was asking her for help. What could Aayla offer this woman, someone that Aayla at one point or another, even now looked up to? She was clearly confused. Though, she wouldn't press, instead listening, embracing her inner Consular and remaining silent, trying to figure out what was going on before she made any comment.

"Can we talk somewhere privately?"

"Mhmm..."

Aayla nodded towards one of the meditation chambers. They weren't meant for social meetings, but were inadvertently perfect for them. Once Valery was lead there, and got in first, Aayla would enter behind her, and pull the door closed, creating a separate and enclosed area. No sound in, or out. Just them.

Once inside, Aayla would clip her saber to her waist, then kneel on the floor recuperating while observing Valery with curiosity.

"What is it?"

2FS8YbB.png

bWMGgIz.png
Valery seemed relieved when Aayla nodded and followed the woman into the meditation chambers. While Aayla closed the doors behind them, she went to sit down and looked at the ground for a moment. She wasn't entirely sure where to begin - there was so much to cover, and she still felt bad about approaching Aayla with it.
"Well..." she paused and placed her hand over her stomach.
Her eyes shifted up towards Aayla's silvers and she began to speak with a much more fragile tone, "I recently lost the person I love. He fell to the dark side and is out to take down his father but.." again she stopped, feeling her eyes get teary. She didn't want to look vulnerable in front of the woman, but she couldn't really fight back the tears.
Valery then drew in a steady breath and decided to just say it.
"I'm pregnant with his child," she said before she let a moment of silence linger. "There is no way I can allow him to find out, and especially his family can't ever know. But... I can't protect my child alone. Especially during my pregnancy, it's going to be tough to be alone." she said, briefly thinking back to the attack on Coruscant. While the pregnancy wasn't holding her back there yet, it showed how vulnerable she could be in a weakened state.
"I... need help."
F7r9prE.png

tpuAKtr.gif

She had time to rest, and think, while listening tp the other speak. Listening in full before responding.

"I'm pregnant with his child," she said before she let a moment of silence linger. "There is no way I can allow him to find out, and especially his family can't ever know. But... I can't protect my child alone. Especially during my pregnancy, it's going to be tough to be alone." she said, briefly thinking back to the attack on Coruscant. While the pregnancy wasn't holding her back there yet, it showed how vulnerable she could be in a weakened state."I... need help."

There was a child in Aayla still that wanted to joke about the child, or maybe prod at her about it, but also... It seemed so foreign a concept while the woman was on the borderline of shedding tears... No, shedding them in fact, that jokes were out of the question. What was she signing up for exactly right now? Well, being drafted would be a better way to state it. From what she could tell, Valery was asking her to be... Security of sorts? There were more vetted options for this. Stronger individuals.

She could've asked Caltin, or Sinvala.... Hell, Even Nimdok could've done this better than her, and yet... Valery had asked her, and she was left to consider her answer.

"I'm... I am just starting my path as a Shadow. There's a lot to catch up on. Though, I've read the unclassified documents. The things you've done. Before you're a Shadow, or a Jedi Master. I consider you a friend. I'll do whatever you need me to.

"Now, you've been attacked, by some... Psychotic woman. I've read the reports. Eye witnesses say you jumped from the Taxi in transit, and your own report says the woman followed you from that
maneuver. I've never heard of Sith trying to drink blood from their victims before, so for all intents and purposes, I would assume this attack was targeted. If you need me to do something, you need but ask Master Noble"

Aayla would say, offering a single nod of conviction. She could disappear from the Jedi Order for an extended period of time without recourse. Her dedication, and loyalty had been tested enough. She bore the scars of her servitude. Though, while Valery's question was peeking through, she hadn't come out and asked it yet.

"I'll help you, to whatever end... Just ask it."

2FS8YbB.png

bWMGgIz.png
Valery looked at Aayla and quietly listened to her. Going into the conversation, she had been somewhat worried that her request was going to be too much. She wouldn't have blamed Aayla for that at all. Protecting a child, even if it's not your own, is a huge challenge and responsibility, and one that shouldn't be taken on lightly.. But hearing the willingness the woman had to help her friend brought a bit of a smile to Valery's face.
"Thank you, Aayla. I appreciate it." she said, her hand now reaching up to wipe the remaining tears away. With all this off her chest, she already felt much better.
"I will need your help to protect my child." she then continued. "During the later stages of my pregnancy, I will be stepping away from duty for a while. But during that time, I will be vulnerable. If something were to happen, I would not be able to protect the child without taking a lot of risk. I don't expect you to be a personal bodyguard, but if you could check on me at times, that would be greatly appreciated." she smiled faintly.
"But perhaps more importantly, right after the baby is born, I could use some help with protection as well. Once I've recovered from the pregnancy, I can do much more myself. But having someone to check on the baby when I can't... would mean the world to me."
F7r9prE.png

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla felt a light apprehension, stemming from the fact Valery still hadn't told her exactly what it was she wanted her to DO yet. Hands wound move to rest on her thighs as she kneeled in front of the Jedi Master. And yet, Aayla showed amazing patience in not asking the other to tell her what it was, and instead letting her take her time and get it out. Heavens, she was just attacked after all. Those pictures were horrifying. The only reason Aayla wasn't assigned to it was because there were others with more experience handling it. Though, it seemed perhaps she could be useful in another way.

"I will need your help to protect my child." she then continued. "During the later stages of my pregnancy, I will be stepping away from duty for a while. But during that time, I will be vulnerable. If something were to happen, I would not be able to protect the child without taking a lot of risk. I don't expect you to be a personal bodyguard, but if you could check on me at times, that would be greatly appreciated." she smiled faintly.

Aayla stared at her blankly for a while as she spoke, an odd smile painted on her face as the words hit her brain and were mulched down into information. WHAT!? Aayla's eyes inadvertently trailed down to Valery's belly, quite blatantly at that. How far along was she? She didn't look... She looked in shape. Why was she even thinking about that? Who was the Baby's Father? Why didn't Valery just let him do it? She had indeed agreed to do something for Valery, but had to admit it wasn't exactly what she had expected.

There was also something else very natural to her about it. Maternal instincts within herself tingling at the concept of taking care of a baby. She would bet her life Master Noble's baby was going to be so beautiful. A million emotions washed over Aayla as she considered this request. Realizing very quickly that she was ready.

She was more than ready to do that. She had even thought about... Well, that didn't matter too much now. Right now, she wanted Valery to recover safely, and feel comfort within her as a friend. An ally. Before an organization, or a Job Title.

"But perhaps more importantly, right after the baby is born, I could use some help with protection as well. Once I've recovered from the pregnancy, I can do much more myself. But having someone to check on the baby when I can't... would mean the world to me."

Aayla listened to all that, and would sit butt down on the back of her own feet, canting her head as eyes would veer off. Nodding a few times.

"Sure... Conveniently enough, there isn't a very big need for Shadows as you might well know. And I've been a Jedi Non-Stop for as long as I can remember. I think that would be a good thing for both of us. Some time away from all of this to rest, recuperate, and relax... Among other things."

She responded, observing the other wipe her tears and smiling at the action. That was good. If she hadn't known the woman at all, she wouldn't have wanted her worrying at a time like this, but this was different however. This woman had trained, and kept her safe on Ilic. Opening her eyes to different options within the Force, quite literally saving her life when Aayla would have been dead otherwise.

They were growing up, they owed it to these Masters to be there for them, to whatever end.

"I'm sure I can take a leave of absence from the order; I'll get it cleared Master Caltin easy, if not I can ask Master Jairdain. Lady knows everyone, I kid you not..."

With that, she had given her answer to Valery's request, and would sit back to hear what was being said, leaning up suddenly.

"I'll probably have a visitor, from time to time... A friend, that happens to be a boy... You know?"

Aayla grimaced at it a bit, biting her lip as the very question seemed grating. Though, it was a long time, and she wanted to be able to see Kadan at least if there was an option to do so.

"H-.. He was GrandMaster Ayre's padawan. He's good people."

Aayla said, vouching for her boyfriend.

2FS8YbB.png

bWMGgIz.png
Valery looked at Aayla as her friend's eyes trailed down towards her stomach. She saw the look of surprise on Aayla's face, and could only chuckle in response as a huge grin began to form. Slowly but surely, the sad tone of the situation began to grow weaker - whilst not having the father with her to raise the child was difficult, the beauty of raising a child was overwhelmingly strong.
"Don't look at me like that. I'm still at the beginning of the first trimester," she said with a faint smirk - she was clearly joking around a little.
"But I appreciate that you're willing to help me. I'm not going to ask for you to take a full leave from duty, but if that ends up being easier to arrange..." she paused and just smiled for a moment. "Thank you, Aayla. It's going to be tough without the father being with me, but I feel much more confident now that things are going to be okay."
Another brief pause followed - there was one more thing to mention.
"I talked to a friend who knows a thing or two about keeping a low profile. I'm going to be laying low on Denon, where I'll have some other friends close as well. If you come over to help look after me or the baby, I'll make sure you have a place to sleep and anything you need will be there for you."
"I'll probably have a visitor, from time to time... A friend, that happens to be a boy... You know?"

Aayla grimaced at it a bit, biting her lip as the very question seemed grating. Though, it was a long time, and she wanted to be able to see Kadan at least if there was an option to do so.

"H-.. He was GrandMaster Ayre's padawan. He's good people."

Aayla said, vouching for her boyfriend.

Valery then began to grin, "Your friend who happens to be a boy is more than welcome to visit as well." she winked and decided to stand up to stretch her legs a little bit. "Make sure to introduce him sometime soon - I'd be happy to cook a nice dinner for you both. As an additional thank you for helping me look after the baby." Valery was clearly enjoying this a little bit, and cooking was something she loved. So for her, this was a win-win situation.
F7r9prE.png

All things considered, maybe it wasn't her business... Who was Valery's significant other? She didn't even have someone to suggest really. She did ponder it however as the other spoke.

"But I appreciate that you're willing to help me. I'm not going to ask for you to take a full leave from duty, but if that ends up being easier to arrange..." she paused and just smiled for a moment. "Thank you, Aayla. It's going to be tough without the father being with me, but I feel much more confident now that things are going to be okay."

"Are you kidding, I need it... Besides, perhaps I can use the opportunity to further myself under your tutelage once again..."

It made sense Valery was in her first trimester, but also meant Aayla had a lot of time to prepare herself for this brief, but important life transition.

"Denon... When the time comes, I'll be there. Though, I feel compelled to ask. Master Noble... Why isn't the father in the picture? Did something happen?"

She asked this slowly, with caution. Aware the other hadn't brought it up first, and there was probably a reason for that; and yet curious all the same.

Valery then began to grin, "Your friend who happens to be a boy is more than welcome to visit as well." she winked and decided to stand up to stretch her legs a little bit. "Make sure to introduce him sometime soon - I'd be happy to cook a nice dinner for you both. As an additional thank you for helping me look after the baby." Valery was clearly enjoying this a little bit, and cooking was something she loved. So for her, this was a win-win situation.

"You've got a deal on the meal; I've tasted your cooking in the middle of the Jungle. I can only imagine what you'll do with a kitchen. I'll drag him along as well."

bWMGgIz.png
"I'd love to teach you something new or just help you train."
Valery smiled at the idea - it had been some time since the two were on New Cov, training together in the harsh environment provided by the planet. While Denon was likely not going to offer such an experience, she felt certain that there was something they could work on. Whether that was teaching Aayla something new entirely or just helping her further develop her current skills.
But then the question about the father came up, and for a brief moment, she frowned. It wasn't the easiest thing to talk about but it was only fair to be open with Aayla about it, especially since the father had to be kept out of the picture.
"The father is Kahlil Zambrano," she said with a quieter tone.
"He doesn't even know about the child - I only found out I was pregnant shortly after he fell to the Dark Side. He's trying to stop his father, a powerful Sith Lord." she frowned and rubbed the side of her arm. "Neither of them can find out about the child, not while he's corrupted by the Dark Side."
She looked back at Aayla, "I love him very much, and I still hold hope I can get him back, but it's really important that the father stays out of the picture. It's just too dangerous."
Valery then let out a soft breath - now that everything was off her chest, she felt so much better already. This paired with a small change in topic brought back her smile.
"But I look forward to seeing you on Denon, then. Let me know when you're coming and I'll have some nice food prepared. Much better than even New Cov." she smirked.
F7r9prE.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom