Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Different Luster

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear, Left Bracer
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber
Tags: Yula Perl Yula Perl
holicslastbreath.gif

Zetlana had always been silently searching for the one that had given her up for adoption. A fact that her husband had been supportive of regardless of his hesitations about getting his wife's hopes up. The worries of expectations for a happy reunion never dampened by his worries as Zetlana searched in the background, all the while concerned for her daughter's well being.

The recent shift in priorities being rewarded with an unexpected surprise in a blood match with another being that called the galaxy home.

Albeit a concerning one with some of the genetic matches.

Even if the name had some connotations of being darkside at one point with a long dated bounty placed on one member of the Perl's. Zetlana had found her connection to a past life. Time freed for more thorough investigation with the Sal-Soren's pushing Lossa to undergo medical procedures. The worry of keeping their schedule open for hospital trips fading finally as Zetlana sent a holo to Lossa about the name.

It took a while for Lossa to recieve.

Bouncing around the transceivers of the Outer Rim areas before finally reaching her on route home to Susevfi. Apprehensive about the sudden break in communication pattern, Lossa worried about the messages contents. Surprised entirely by the revelation.

She was certainly happy for her mother, and the potential It brought with it. But that meant trying to find the ones bearing the name.

Which, in the end, turned out to be none to difficult. Both a surprise and concern in different measures.

But it had brought with it a place she hadn't wanted to return without good reason. Her suggested place to look being Denon. And given a point of contact to meet with about this Yula Perl's home. Or business. Or whatever it was.

Picking up a few items for drop-off on Denon, she beat a path forward toward the core worlds. Only having to stop out of necessity than idle want. Save one wanted stop to resupply on snacks and pick up a bite at a McYoda's.

Resting a few times between Susevfi and Denon while the droid co-pilot continued the journey for her.

Arrival on Denon brought with it some issue. Stopped by customs when her face registered in their database after the Denon incident involving Valery Noble. Tagged as wanted for questioning, and pulled into a private meeting until it was clarified, or rather fabricated, that she was helping take a threat off the street while she was still residing at the Coruscant Temple.

Signing paperwork for limited visitation and a landing claw placed on the Skiptown until they checked the validity of her story.

Annoyed but yielding, she went ahead and met with her contact.

Not an entirely discreet one given they worked a noodle stand, but she was given a direct address rather than a place to look. Thanking them with a light meal and a heavy tip, she made her way through the area, dissuading any interest in her company through empathic pheromones.

Making her small stature seem all the less appealing when the sensation of a fabricated predator was lurking.

Smoke and mirrors on her part, but it got her to the address.

Frowning, she gazed at the information on her wrist screen before looking back at the place.

"Yeah. This is it." Turning her eyes up and down the street before reaching a hand out to bang on the garage door. A solid three smacks had her hand buzzing in discomfort as she stepped back, frown growing as she rubbed her hand.

"Ms. Perl! Err. Yula, Perl. I, uh. Feth." Discomfort forgotten and hands placed on her hips as she tried to figure out what to say now that she was here. The entire trip spent wondering who the woman was and she hadn't spared three seconds to figure out what to say.

2UT5QVI.png

A disruptive metallic clatter against duracrete sounded from behind the garage door.

That noise was followed by a string of muffled curses.

Lossa only had another few moments to wait before the grate rolled up, and she'd find herself face to face with an irate Zeltron. Pink skin, dark hair, grease and oil soaked into her work suspenders.

In one hand was a cup of caf, steam curling lazily from its surface.

In the other hand was a blaster, pointed directly at Lossa's chest.

Yula took a moment to consider the girl in front of her, perhaps eyeing their similar coloration.

"Morning," she grunted, taking a noisy sip from her cup. The pistol cocked.

"The fuck do you want?"

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear, Left Bracer
holicslastbreath.gif

The garage door opened, and she tried her best to put on a smile.

Until she saw the blaster.

"Man, fuck this planet." Her hands going from hips to air without prompting. She seemed more annoyed than threatened at the situation.

"Morning to you too." Even being at blaster point she still was grumbling. "Wanted to meet you. Should have figured out how to email first I guess."

She twisted her hips to the left, keeping her face to Yula as she presented the lightsaber on her right side.

"Only weapon I have on me." Turning back and sighing with a pointed look at the blaster caf combo. "I interrupt the morning rituals?"

2UT5QVI.png

She was right. Fuck this planet indeed.

Denon had never been all that great, but it had provided enough of an opportunity for Yula to get her business off the ground after she’d fled Terminus. Nowadays, work was getting harder and harder to come by.

After the attempt on Valery's life, the mechanic has been arrested over her ties with Darkwire. Half a year in prison before the artificially prolonged investigation cleared her of any direct involvement.

Reliable work had started to dry up since then. Raids has taken some of her best customers, and she'd been blacklisted by those who wanted to keep their hands clean of Shadowrunners and their ilk.

"Meet me?"

The Zeltron girl didn't seem frightened, which earned her a pair of arched brows. Then they narrowed at the lightsaber hilt.

"Uh huh."
She didn't seem convinced, but the blaster lowered for now. Yula rested her hip against the side of the open grate and gave the girl a tired stare as she slurped from her cup.

"You here to arrest me, little Jedi girl?"

There was no hiding the mocking tone of her drawl—Jedi on Denon were often bad news.

A flicker of green eyes to an adjacent building had her glancing at a poorly drawn graffiti portrait of the Jedi vigilante Nightshrike.

Maybe she was also bitter.

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

While Yula didn't seem entirely bought on the idea of something as simple as meeting someone, but the blaster lowered at least. Her arms beginning to ache at being held skyward.

Now resting as they held each other in front of her waist.

"No. I already have a bad taste in my mouth for coming here a second time. And they are looking for a reason to arrest me proper." She rolled her eyes at the memory of customs. Fixating her eyes back on Yula as she frowned.

"Besides that, I've heard you helped my cousin's Master. The one that caught the train ride from hell here. So I wouldn't dream of even trying to turn you in unless I really wanted to get Val more pissed at me than usual." A hand waving in front her in mock explosion at the mention of the train before it wrapped around her waist once more.

"I'm getting off point." Clearing her throat before getting to the meat of things.

"
My mother got a hit on her searches for the family that gave her up for adoption. I. Hmm."
Frown growing as she glanced back down to the blaster. Looking at Yula once more and shifting her feet.

If nothing else they certainly shared a morning demeanor.

"Our moms are sisters." She finally blurted after fumbling for a delicate way of approaching it. Opting to rip the bandaid off.

2UT5QVI.png

This girl was emotive. Expressive. Exasperated with the notion of a blaster in her face. One corner of Yula's lips ticked upward in a smarmy show of amusement—if the kid was a corpsec plant, she was pretty bad at it.

Probably wasn't, though.

The tired Zeltron took another lazy sip from her caf, a brow quirking sharply upwards at the mention of Master. Val. She knew Val? Of course she did. There wasn't a Jedi alive that hadn't at least heard of the famed Valery Noble.

"She's pissed at you?" Came a bemused mumble from behind the styrofoam cup.

The mood shifted, and the girl's ramblings came to a head. Yula's expression firmed, but surprise still edged into the creases of her face.

"Our moms are sisters."

Silence stretched between them. In the distance, the telltale siren of a corpsec raid van wailed though the morning mist.

"Fuck, really?" Yula finally gaped, looking the other Zeltron up and down. "Like, forreal? You serious?"

Suddenly, she felt a little bad about shoving a blaster in the girl's face. The sirens screamed closer, and Yula's shock turned into a grimace. Stowing the blaster into the waistband of her pants, she grabbed the Jedi's arm and yanked her into the garage.

"C'mon. Cops don't need an actual reason to arrest you."

Slapping her hand against a button mounted on the side wall, Yula made her way across the shop floor as the front grate began to close. Half a dozen speeder bikes in various states of disrepair were lined against the far end of the wall. Yula lead her guest around a heap of stripped droid parts, making way to the door at the back of the garage that would take them to the second level of the building. Her apartment.

"So...you went the Jedi route, huh?" There was a note of judgment in her tone, but the mechanic hardly had the room to judge. "What's your name?"

Yula typically didn't struggle with conversation, but her brain was running about a mile a minute. The Perl family was large and varied—growing up, there was a revolving door of adoptive aunts, uncles, and cousins that had found a measure of stability with the Perls. Yula's mother had been raised as an only child, but Joza's mother had been a prostitute with an unclear past.

Lost in thought, she lingered at the top of the stairs for a long moment. A new cousin. A blood cousin.

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

Lossa frowned and seemed to weigh her words about Val.

"I wouldn't say pissed. But. Irritated at least. Last time I saw her. Well. It was Briana's ceremony." She couldn't help the grin that appeared as she coughed. "And I might have. Thrown some uh. Some glitter bombs at everyone. In the jedi temple."

She scratched her neck, trying to keep herself from chuckling at the thought. The smile on her face made it plain how funny she thought it was.

The revelation of their relation however seemed to stem any continued conversation for the moment. Rosy eyes glancing down the street to the familiar siren sounds coming down the way. This did genuinely wipe the smile from her face, body seeming to relax at the thought of swinging her saber at the corpo chit-heads this time around.

Yula roused though, and Lossa's eyes went wide as the woman cursed.

Blinking a few times to orient herself back to the conversation before she chuckled.

"I wouldn't come back to Denon without a damned good reason. Even being held at blaster point. Which seems par for the planet honestly." Amusement taking the place of the frown as she cocked a hip and nodded to the weapon.

The sirens grew louder as Lossa whole body sagged and resigned herself to more questions. At least until Yula drug her inside and shut up the doors.

The various speeder bikes and droid parts made her curious as she followed behind, pausing only long enough to try and identify what was what and failing miserably. Frown painting her face as she listened to the question thrown back at her.

"Yeah. Sort of. I mean. I sort of fucked off after the train incident. Hard to believe you are hanging with a good cause when Denon exists." Irritation and a hint of anger gilding her emotions as she continued. "I. Unofficially cut ties with the GA and went outer rim. After Denon I mean. Been hauling freight between kind of doing the Jedi thing."

Content to blabber as she remembered she'd been asked her name.

"Lossa Darcuhl. Dad's name is Aureus but I like mom's. But hers is an adoptive name. Mom's I mean. Proper name would have been Zetlana Perl, and myself Lossa Perl after her." She pondered briefly what that meant for Yula as well.

"Gets kind of confusing really. Cause then you have to account for Dads side with me, cause of the Sal-Soren's because his mother, my grandmother, is also Briana's grandmother. At least I think that's right." Her brow furrowed at the thought, wishing she had taken a picture of the holo she'd been sent about the family lines. "I'm fairly certain that's right."

2UT5QVI.png

While Lossa prattled on, Yula pressed her hand to the palm scanner mounted on the wall. A band of blue light slowly trawled downward, and the pad chimed happily.

A distinct click was heard, and the door slid open.

The apartment was almost as messy as the garage. Well-used second hand furniture was arraigned neatly around the permitter of the living room, adorned with various mechanical projects wherever there was space. The coffee table, which was actually a solid greel wood piece gifted from her mother, was covered in a scatter of nuts, bolts, and metallic appendages. A disembodied droid arm on the windowsill jerked suddenly gave off a brief shower of sparks before going still.

"Uh, welcome." Yula said while stamping out the tiny embers on the carpet before they could catch.

It looked like a typical living space occupied by a mechanic. The one feature that stood out, was a photo of Yula and Dagon resting on the wall above the holo. His arm slung around her shoulders, he'd just playfully pulled her into frame when she'd been trying to avoid a picture altogether. It was probably the only physical record she had of them looking carefree and happy.

There were other spaces on the wall, rectangular spots of discoloration indicating that other photographs had been there for a long while before being removed.

Yula waved a hand vaguely as she headed for the adjoining kitchen.

"Make yourself at home. Want some caf?"

Regardless of the answer, she'd set about changing the filter and pouring water into the caf machine.

Lossa. Her name was Lossa, and her mother was Zeltana. She'd have to remember that. There were a lot of names floating around, and her hazy mind truggled to grasp onto the important ones.

"So this Briana…you said she's one of Val's, and she's also your cousin? From the other side, yeah."

Yula chewed at the corner of her lip.

"I'm gonna assume you wanted to like, know more about your family. Uh, our family. That side of things, yeah?"

She passed Lossa a cup of the galaxy's worst caf.

"Sorry 'bout the caf. Been getting harder to get anything but the cheap shit down here."

Reaching into her jacket, Yula fished out a flask and offered it to Lossa.

"Any particular place you want me to start? How much do you already know?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom