Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A deal with the devil

Crystal-projects-the-Wall-Kingsglaive-FFXV.png

Built with tall towers, a palace that has its inner walls in colors that varies from black and red metal and stones. The building is built with a pale look. Huge, with great banners of the noble houses of old that ruled the planet for many years, the palace has huge black doors that take to a gran courtyard, where practice of weapons is often seen. The great stairs in the yard lead directly to the Great Hall where lies the Sun Throne, made of crystal, both fragile and royal. The palace glows with the light of its own shield that guards the seat of power in all the capital, deep within the palace lies the Sun Throne, where the Kings of Kaikielius of old, and now the Primarchs of the Interstellar Protectorate stay.

Audiences with the other Nine Houses was always a boring thing. Although they never came out their castles in the ring cities, Iedolas had a disliking about having to discuss every single matter with them first. They respected his authority, but money was always a horrible thought among the Dukes of Houses Juoni and Tyrell, always greedy elzeris thinking about their own pockets instead of the long term profits.

He had but one more meeting that day. A man, if you could call him that, a new possible Judge Protector for Edom, a beast with such power and strength that was capable of giving goosebumps when thinking about his looks. He had a task for him, one that paid well enough and was going to be well rewarded for him. If he survived.

“Send him in.”, Iedolas said in a harsh tone of voice to his personal intendant.

​In a word, archaic.

​It was a strange design for a city, gothic and mystic. Long spiralling buildings with ornate designs that spoke of an older time. He'd been here before, sixty years ago. However it seemed as though there had been a lot of refurbishing since then, perhaps it was simply his memory.

​It was raining the last time he was here too, it was always a dull day. A grey sky that mirrored the planet beneath them. The journey wasn't long, however the method of transportation was tedious. Cloaked in shadow and mystery, and hidden from the peering civilian eye as he was taken to the Palace.

​As he was guided, small pale features were dazzled by his stature; as if only now they saw what the fruit of labour wrought. Their pale likeness, translucent skin hanging to the bone like watered chalk spoke of true frailty. The way even those who had the right to stand by his side within their own home, shied away from the Titan. His energy carried more wait than a thousand guards posted at the entrance to what he presumed to be a throne room.

​His chest plate, back armour, waist, legs and head were covered in black and chrome armour; cracked and signs of repair were obvious as the armour had saw many battles. His arms were bare, naturally armoured with black obsidian like growths atop the meat of his skin. Along the length of his back, Kyberfel, his Gavel sat magnetically attached to his back, almost weightless against his own stature.

​He did not ponder as to how long he supposedly waited, he had all the time in the Galaxy. Then, the doors peered a grander light as [member="Primarch Iedolas"] became visible. It only took the titan a few strides to enter the room, observing the man for a moment before coming to the conclusion that he was nothing more than simple meat like all the rest. The sum of little more than his own words.

​"Primarch"- ​Tathra bowed lightly, his red glaring eyes holding Iedolas' gaze. ​-"Thank you, for your invitation."

Ancient was his people. When Sith and Jedi began learning about the Force, the elzeri were already alive and roamed the galaxy in search of a home. Thousands of years passed by as they did that, lingering and suffering, avoiding war and tyrants to finally find Kaikielius. It was the first world they truly lived and began to spread their race across the nearby systems, because humans desired to conquer death even more than the wealths they piled up in vaults during their short existences in this life.

Customs, buildings, faith, religion, fashion and laws, all changed and adapt to the elzeri and their beliefs. In the Suncryst Throne, kings and queens have sat in the days of old, elzeri, vahlas, two kaleesh, one miraluka and even a arkanian offshoot, but no humans. Never again would a human rule over them, they were taught, not after the extinction of House Praji.

High he sat, Iedolas, dressed in white, like it was customary for nobles of his people. Behind him, the throne seemed to glow in a strange, pale light. His hands were open, arms relaxed in his chair, face wrapped in that cold stone expression, one that was meant for people to become unable to read his intentions, old he was, but not weak. Never could weakness exist in court, not when ambition was the currency of his people.

“I believe…”, he said in a calm tone with his solemn voice. “It’s more accurate to say that is my pleasure to have you in my court, mister Khaeus. For when the sun sets in the east, and all is left is darkness, one must find itself in need of services and tributes from such great creature, as yourself.”, words shrouded in verse and runes, like those of a seer. Something he was not. “Someone without a country. Someone without a path. Someone that can provide for others, as me, the services that the hand of justice cannot.”

[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

​Things had certainly changed, not a human in sight. Simply close or non-humans. That made a change, the galaxy was dominated by them. It was strange, how more often than not their sheer ability to combat adversity outmatched all those predisposed to greatness. He saw a few different species, Khaleesh; they were quite rare.

​All the more rare to see one sitting amongst diplomats and politicians rather than hunting in some stench ridden swamp. It seemed the home of the Core Bank, had more in store than simple eyes could perceive. The massive Titan stirred in place, his body echoed a flippancy in response to the Primarch's cryptic words as he paced for a moment, observing the marble interior of the room they stood within. His eyes shifted from the Primarch as he spoke, his head lingering as he observed the floor next; nothing to be seen.

​"Those without the means, must rely on those that do. We may skip the pleasantries from here on Primarch, tell me what it is you need of my Bryn'adûl-" ​Tathra's voice had a booming quality to it, reaching the ears of those he was amongst with little effort. It carried a stark pain, intertwined with pride. ​"-I assure you, no task is too great."

​| [member="Primarch Iedolas"] |​

People were always driven by basics desires. The seven sins, the church would say, there was gluttony like the ones the Hutt had, there was the wrath of the rancors, the pride of the Sith, the sloth of the Jedi, the envy of lesser nobles, the lust of twi’leks and the greed of all. Like his desire to achieve greatness.

As he snapped his fingers, Iedolas smiled, a fleeting thing that passed through his lips to soon disappear, choosing a amused tone of voice that became a solemn one, Iedolas spoke sitting in his throne.

“So very true. my lord, so very true.”, bending his own body in the throne, leaning forward the elzeri chose a serious voice to speak with him, “You are a paragon of composure. I am in dire need of your services… To serve as our sword and shield. To crush our enemies and do tasks no other would do it.”

He had thought this this through, hiring one of those private strong forces in their services. Making them fill the ranks of the Protectorate with strength and power, make him a Judge Protector.

“We in the Bank of the Core and the Protectorate, shall fund your company, with all the means and technology it desires and requires. In exchange of having you, working with us as long as it suits you as a member of our most distinguished and renowned force in the Enclave.”, the dark jedi order founded so long ago in Kaikielius, founded with teachings from both sides of the force. “As Judge Protector from the Edom.”, slowly he went back to sitting straight in his throne, “If you agree. All you could ever desire… money, tittles, technology, weapons, ships, flesh and even planets… shall be yours, in time.”

[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

​Tathra stirred in a diligent silence as his eyes lay fixated on his surroundings, yet as word of grand promises leapt from the Primarch's mouth, his eyes dropped to his audience. Eyeing the expression of hidden dismay, and perhaps doubt. Yet he could not tell if this lay within his abilities or their own. He'd soon find out.

​Tathra listened with an open mind, picking at the words that came from the Primach with his own critical thoughts. These terms of fanciful pleasantries continued, regardless of his request for them to cease. Some social constructs were simply too deep in-graved in the sheep. Soon followed the Primarch's own indulgence of fantasy. That they would harvest glory together.

​It gave Tathra a moment of respite to internally laugh, yet all the while even the frown that formed the forefront of his expression was hidden beneath his helm. ​"The skin, is the easiest performer. But I must be witness to the substance of your words. How am I to distinguish you as a man of action from a man of simple words? I am to sell my sword, to put my Brutes on the line. Convince your promises are worth their lives. And they will be yours."

​Tathra had learned from his past experiences to not take those of grand words simply by their words. The flesh told little, the muscle and meat told more. You are the sum of your actions, not what comes out of your mouth. Words were easy. Conviction was hard.

​| [member="Primarch Iedolas"] |​

Iedolas slowly smiled. A true and genuine smile, one that never came easy for his lips, since centuries being alive could turn a man to live by simple repetition and dullness. The creature want it to be ensured of his promises, he want it proof of what he was saying to be true, for centuries he had done this little game with nobles, politics, militaries and force users.

“Ask and you shall receive.”, the Primarch said, pressing a button in the arm of his throne, one that allowed him to call others, to activate the ray shield around him and the turret disruptors in some statues.“Byron. Send word to mister Zog in the BoC headquarter and tell him to transfer the funds for mister Tathra and his private company.”, releasing the finger the button a second later, the Primarch took the hand back to his lap. “Is that a good start?”

He had need for the creature to a work for him. The first one was to test his resolve and will, to see if Tathra had what it takes to serve a higher purpose then his mere existence howling and crushing foes in his way. To serve a higher order and to keep order and justice in the galaxy, even if that meant murder or do horrible things in the name of justice.

“Now… I believe it is my turn to ask for proof. Wouldn’t you agree?”, with both hands in his lap, the Primarch remembered how it was to do business with the bank when people asked him to give assurances, or when he dealt with the money from the executives of companies. Like the damn fool from Mirdimourt, or some stupid name like that.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom