Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A day on the River

The galaxy was in a good spot lately. The Alliance and the Concord seemed to have found their groove in protecting the galaxy. There were of course wide swaths of the galaxy that were without a major state, and of course, the Sith and Imperialism were still out there. Working from Kattada, and through both the Concord and the Alliance, Coren Starchaser and his family and team were continuing what they always did: setting up safe houses, secure weapons caches, and assisting those with the Force.

The latter part was the most important. The Underground could take care of themselves, but the Force users? It wasn't a matter of them being expressly persecuted. There were parts in the galaxy where that was still true, still the norm it appeared was allowing people to work the Force without too much issue. The biggest concern was keeping them out of the hands of the dark side. Starchaser was a Wayseeker now, it meant he was a Jedi Master, but he worked on his own, with only moderate blessing from the Council.

Blessing in the way of, his activities weren't expressly counter.The Dawn Chaser was moving around the Rim as it did, with small ships launching to planets and moons, running supplies or helping direct those who needed the guidance, or supplies. It was humanitarian work even if it was mostly clandestine. Even with the large former star destroyer as a base, the teams needed resupply. The Tachyon Rising was leading a team of a few fighters and one of the Gallofree transports. A port was the target, one that was flagged as a meeting spot, and on his way in, using old Jedi channels, Coren called for others in the area to meet, should they have the time.

Landing his ship, the Jedi Master, under the guise of a spacer outfit, made his way to the market of the station, with his eyes open for the small food stand he preferred to use as a meeting place on this particular shadowport.

Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira

DELIVERANCE
Shadowport, Outer Rim
Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
Cambria's golden eyes spotted Coren entering the space station's busy market area. He was wearing his spacer garb and headed towards the food stand where she had already staked out and had been waiting for him.

After her very productive yet brief time spent on Coruscant at the Jedi Temple, making amends with one thought lost to her through a disagreement while also securing a formal master for the Tholothian padawan she had been mentoring recently, Cambria now was ready to get back to the task at hand... continuing the Great River project that Jedi Master Starchaser and herself had been working hard to keep flowing especially now as darkness was ever growing again throughout the galaxy.

But if honest, when did it not?

The blue-skinned Twi'lek sipped on a mug of rather disgusting lum she'd been nursing for a while now at the end of the counter. Dressed in her own disguise of a down-on-your-luck mechanic who went by Raaza, the Guardian's Force signature would be minimal due to using Art of the Small to hide it. A valuable Force skill learned well from a certain Corellian Jedi Shadow over the years.

She wondered what news her old friend from the former Alliance days was bringing as the Master Jedi had asked for the seemingly urgent meeting at the Underground's shadowport of choice for such matters.

Last edited:
There was an important part to the galaxy, and keeping in touch with those who were part of your own group. The Starchaser clan, the Sullust Alliance, the Jedi Order in the most broad sense of the term. Coren was always happy to see his former students and comrades out there staying in the fight. Even if the definition of fight here was very, very loose. The trick was just making sure people were focused on something that was going to help the greater good.

If Coren Starchaser was anything, he was a good leaning person. His definition of it was his own, given to him, in essence, or in actuality, it was all directed by how he portrayed it to whom, was from the Force and the light side of it. Still, he was a fighter, and at times, a violent one. He knew when it was time to throw a punch, like the Endgame scenario, and when it was time to approach a mission literally any other way.

It was why he was working on securing a few more ships and working with some of the Tributaries. The Chaser could be a good capital for it, but it was also used for many other things. Securing a few of the older Ruisto's used by the Coalition, and some Niathals, those were a bit newer. Small, spacious, and able to be used to move crew and cargo around. But first things first.

The Jedi Master made his way to the stall, grabbed a burrito and chips and made his way, looking like he was coming upon Cambria naturally before turning to her. "May I sit here?" Not that he thought they needed the cover, not in a Shadowport, not two Jedi Masters, but they were working on the River, a bit more cautious of an approach couldn't hurt.

DELIVERANCE

Shadowport, Outer Rim

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
Cambria had just shoved a spoonful of rycrit stew into her mouth when the Corellian asked if he could sit next to her at the end of the counter. The blue-skinned Twi'lek just shrugged a yes and motioned with her hand for him to do so. She took another bite, then followed it with a sip of the lum.

"Hey, those chips any good? I will trade for my bread. Never know until you give it a try," Blue asked her human neighbor flashing the familiar Jedi Master a lopsided grin and a mischievous twitch of her lekku behind her back.

"So did you travel far to get here and what news of the galaxy can you tell me, my friend? I've been stuck on this rock for a couple of days now. Nothing much has gone on here.... " then the Guardian winked at Coren.

"So far."

It was always good to see a familiar face, especially one with so much history to it with him. Cambria was one of those who had been in the Alliance from Sullust, following himself, and Master Omai Rhen and Commander Nemo Ven. The very movement that pulled the Starchaser clan from their exploration roots and thrust them into the realm of galactic affairs. Did he miss it? Sometimes. More the camaraderie than anything. The Concord and New Jedi Order had it, but they were also a different direction than Coren was moving towards… not that either were doing it wrong, just the Force called him in a different direction.

"They're not bad."
A corn meal that was flattened and fried. He brought one up to his mouth with a salsa-and-cheese sauce covering. With the sound of a satisfying crunch, he nodded, indicating for Cambria to help herself. He wasn't opposed to Munch-Fungus and did help himself to a small bit of the bread.

"Galaxy is the galaxy. I've been flitting about…"
As was his wont. "Watching Imperial movements, then saw the Sith are once again shaking chains out this way. Unsure if we'll need to contain them. May have to link up with the Trade League and see what some have to say…" He was about to name Veino Garn Veino Garn . They were in a shadowport true, but it was still a public acting area from time to time. And he already mentioned the Sith.

"May be that we need some good pilots real soon?"
He offered up.

DELIVERANCE

Shadowport, Outer Rim
Coren Starchaser

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
The Rutian Twi'lek took a corn chip that was drenched in a yellow cheese and spicy red sauce, then popped the combo into her mouth. The taste and texture were one hundred percent opposite of the stew and bread she had been eating, but it was good nonetheless. One thing that was nice about having two stomachs was that a wide variety of different types of foods could be consumed together meaning Cambria could eat just about anything she wanted and not get indigestion. In fact, her appetite could be quite ravenous at times.

"Yes, I am aware of the growing darkness in the Southern Reaches. It correlates with the great disturbance in the Force I felt recently. I believe it was the passing of Wyatt. I do not sense his presence any longer," she conveyed in a soft tone as long fingers reached over to steal another gooey chip from the Corellian.

"I may have a few more of us on board to aid our cause, though details of their assistance are still to be determined. What should our next move be, hmm?"

Last edited:
Sharing food was one of those odd cultural things. For some cultures, it was a good move, people enjoyed it, and you showed that you were trustworthy. It was the same as sharing a drink. But here? He was among friends. Cambria and Coren went far back. And she had been one of those who helped keep him on the narrow when the going was tough for a bit. This was just a good way to catch up over food, without fully diving into work-work-work.

"Its been… consuming the area. The old grounds."
He shook his head for a moment as she spoke. "I had felt that. Wyatt is… was… a strong Jedi. Its going to leave a hole in the ranks of the Order." He could only look back on the man so long. For a Jedi there was no death, only the Force. "We have to keep the torches of the Light lit." Torches being the figurative word, clearly.

"I think we need to get back into the Southern Reaches. Familiar worlds, and if we can move from the Sith Order to somewhere like the Rimward? It may be the best bet. I've got a lead on a few Mon Cal cruisers and some updated Starchaser craft to help us map the areas and hyperspace routes."
He looked the other Master over. "I think we identify the worlds, get in and the Jedi or any Force sensitives out. And if any Underground catch a ride…" The Corellian shrugged.

DELIVERANCE

Shadowport, Outer Rim

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
"I think we may very well have to do that," Cambria nodded, then ate the last stollen cheesy topped chip, licking her fingers after doing so. What... they are messy?!

"I recently had a conversation with Alexandra. She and Kahne have a place on Naboo now located in the foothills of the Galo Mountains south of Lake Country. It has a working farm and vineyard there with plenty of space for growth. They or Alex more so wants to turn it into a chapter house for AgriCorps initiates...I guess there was once one on Taanab a long long time ago, and/or could use it as a stop along the river. The location is perfect given its rimward and centrally located for distribution to other destinations. Something to think about, hmm?"

The Twi'lek downed the rest of her lum, then wiped her mouth of the lingering froth.

"I also know of a Sentinel that said he might consider helping us as well. I think you know Judah? Seems I am reconnecting with all sorts of old friends as of late," she grinned softly, laying down a credit chit to cover her meal only half eaten.

There were only a few options when it came to situations with the Sith. The first, and most common used by Coren Starchaser was that of war. There was a part of him now, maybe because of his new found life with Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel that the pair were handling the problems of the galaxy in a little more civilized manner. Of course, smuggling and hidden hyperspace routes were something all together different.

As for the discussion on the cheesy chips and fingers, Coren respected his wife, and Cambria too much to even have any other thought of 'yes, they are messy' enter his mind.

"Well, if they have a place on Naboo, I'm sure that means the Portes are doing just fine."
Which was good. Kahne and Alexandra were both people held in some of the highest esteems by Coren. Hard working and driven. They were a reliable couple through and through. And they had some kids now, younger than his first pair he thought but not as young as his second. "A chapter house, huh? Never a bad idea. More temples and houses we have for the Jedi, it strengthens the network." And once people were at one, it was easier to launch them to other safe houses.

"I'd love to help them out with that. I know Tiland and the Rimward Trade League have been working on other similar projects."
And if he roped in Veino, that'd be a grand scheme. "I just would be concerned with bringing the darkness upon the House if we use it as a drop off point."

"The galaxy is vast. When we take a second to step into a port, its interesting who comes out of the woodwork. He'd be down to assist?"

DELIVERANCE
Shadowport, Outer Rim

cqs1XXW.png

bri.png
"Yes well, I believe to quote Alexandra Porte Alexandra Porte she called the estate a 'real fixer upper'," Cambria chuckled, then added. "I think they live a comfortable life. Kahne Porte Kahne Porte is working in some capacity I understand for Lock and Key Mechanics in Theed so they do have an income, plus whatever they will be getting from the bounty of their lands," she nodded.

A pure Jedi way of life was not unlike a clergyman's. The rewards were not measured in a monetary way, but more in what one did, the difference made in another's life and/or the galaxy.

"I did caution the Portes on that very point. If their new business venture was out in the open it could put a very big X on their backs. I suggested if they do go forward to do so slowly and on a small scale at first. Even if we were to funnel a few their way, I think it would be worth the risk."

Last edited:
Working with more of the Jedi was something Coren needed to do. He was a Wayseeker, yes, but it was more that he has his own idea how many things should be run. "Still, a fixer upper on Naboo is a long way ahead of even a nice place on somewhere else, well, aside from maybe Corellia." At least the Golden Beaches area, where his family hailed from. But compare it to the complex he and the Silvers had made and left him in charge of at Kattada and many things paled in comparison. "Having some Jedi family working honest jobs, now I've seen it all."

Said the patriarch of a family making their money on exploration and resource gathering charters. He was once a warrior, and still was, but there were younger Jedi, those who were more involved in the politics of the day. All Coren had to do was keep the peace and protect the Jedi that he could. And with the team that Cambria and he were even speaking of assembling? It'd be child's play.

"I am trying to think of anything we can do. I mean, if we shuttled Jedi in with supplies and out with foodstuffs, we could move children or small numbers through their property. A safe house on a planet. And some could even disappear into Naboo proper…" He took a second to think on it. "We need to have multiple routes, a few different ports on a few different rivers, don't you agree?"

And the pilots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom