Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day in The Temple at Ossus

Srihina decided to take the long way between her last class and the Archives. It was a nice day and she needed to clear her mind. Regular seated meditation always eluded her, but the winding meditation paths of the Temple on Ossus, designed to help one into contemplation and awareness of surroundings, proved themselves perfect for communing with the Force.

Pad tucked away in her satchel and mind free to digest the contents of her lessons, Srihina began to walk her hands through the basic saber forms. Her purposeful stroll morphed into a delicately choreographed dance, boots leaving imprints in the soft dirt and robes swishing in time with the strikes. Forehand angle one, back hand low angle eight, follow through lead hand into angle two.

So intent was she upon the pattern, so lost in the flow of hand, foot, body, and Force, she didn't realize she had stumbled upon someone else on the path.

Travot focused on the spherical remote in front of him. it suddenly whirled to his left and released a blue stun bolt at the large man; Travot, with his hand high on the saber's handle, reflexively whipped the jade-colored blade to parry the bolt. It connected with a satisfying crackling sound. The remote kept up its motion, jumping again to the left. He turned to face the remote...and promptly noticed another padawan approaching from behind the remote with her own saber drawn on the path. Ravenna cleared his throat.

"THX1138, disengage training protocol, recall," said the big man, watching the remote shoot over towards him.

Travot waved his hand in a greeting to [member="Srihina Ebonvar"], "Sorry about that. Sometimes I just forget that I'm in a public space."

Srihina blinked in surprise. "That makes two of us. I apologize for intruding on your practice," she murmured. She powered down the training saber and clipped it to her belt. [member="Travot Ravenna"] was a familiar face to her though they'd never spoken before. To cover her awkwardness, she made him a proper half bow of respect.

Travot briefly hesitated, blushed, and bowed as well. Life on the Rim had lead him to take certain things for granted, like isolation, while removing aspects of a more polite civilization.

His eyes met those of [member="Srihina Ebonvar"] before briefly glancing at her saber, "So what are you practicing today?"

Awkwardly, she folded up on herself, hands behind her back and scuffed her toe in the dirt. "Basics. I wanted to try the Form 1 angles with my left hand," Srihina confessed. "Someday....I want to try a two bladed variation of Soresu...." Her ambition sounded both trite and presumptuous to her ears. She glanced up at [member="Travot Ravenna"] shyly.

Travot nodded in understanding. Everyone had their own hopes and dreams of what they could become. Everyone, even the Sith, had that in common. Ravenna turned his head and gestured at the floating seeker.

"I'm actually practicing Soresu right now with THX here," said Ravenna, "if you would like to join me, perhaps against the droid together, or against each other? Blocking bolts isn't quite the same as blocking a lightsaber, after all..."

[member="Srihina Ebonvar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom