Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Dangerous Path

Ishana was hardly wrong, Kaalia had to admit to herself. Making matters worse was the fact that they barely even knew what the plan was, and even though she was sure they'd get a good enough explanation beforehand, the shady port they were meeting at and the vibe she was getting told her this was going to be far from a straightforward adventure. Most damning of all though was the fact Ishana was rarely, if ever, wrong about her hunches. If she smelled trouble, it wasn't far.

Kaalia'd make sure they would both get home in one piece, though. Above everything.

After her wife got her order handled the redhead picked out her own noodles. In the meantime she'd wait on a response from Taeli so they'd knew where to meet the rest of the group. Until then, they'd simply have to wait. Not that it bothered Kaalia, though, this way she had enough time to enjoy her food. Speaking of which, the noodles were surprisingly tasty.

"I was tying up the loose ends as triumvir," Kaalia explained. "I'm nearly done with my notes for my successor, after that I am officially retired." The woman smiled when she said that last word. Her duties as a Sith were taking up much of her time, often leaving her wishing there were more hours in a day. Now she would be able to focus all that newfound time on that which mattered most to her- her family. She'd still act as Valkyrie Matriarch and continue teaching her apprentices, but those things were much more manageable. "Not nearly as exciting as what you were doing, but hey," Kaalia added as she shrugged, chuckling just slightly.

"Actually, I think I'll finish up those notes somewhere during the trip. Might as well, right?"

Decima Fortan

D
Decima too enjoyed her cocktail, retreating into the companionable silence the two women shared as they savored their beverages. The young Praetorian was about to speak when she felt a similar sensation; an alarm clock, muffled by a pillow, trying to wake her. Her eyebrows raised and she fixed Kassandra Distorith Kassandra Distorith with intent dark eyes growing wider by the moment. "I feel it too," Decima agreed breathlessly. "But I cannot get a sense for what it is. Whatever is hamstringing us in here is clouding things too much." She lifted her glass to her lips and finished the dregs that were left within. "But if I had to guess..."

"Ariel," Decima said to herself as she set the glass back down. "Whatever it is, it's something to do with Ariel."

She pulled a few coins from her pocket and put them on the table. "I think we need to get these blindfolds off." Decima levered herself out of the booth and, uncouth though it was, did not wait to see if her new companion was following along. Whatever dampening effect this place had on her was becoming claustrophobic, nearly suffocating. She made for the exit, making it several paces away from the cantina's entrance before she could feel the blindfold begin to lift from the rest of her senses.

She reached out instantly, but -- "It eludes me," she confessed, turning back to the door in hope of seeing Kassandra there. "I must go after her, in case something's happened," said Decima. It wasn't so much Ariel she cared about, rather she was concerned about what would happen if Ariel fell into the wrong hands and cracked under torture, the information she possessed could become... catastrophic. "It's not far if you want to come along." Decima consulted the nearest directory and then set off on the short jaunt to the hangar, coming upon Ariel Yvarro and her companion, a man she had never laid eyes on before.

"Ariel, is something wrong?" Decima asked. She moved closer and murmured confidentially in Ariel's ear: "Is this man accosting to you? I've got my lightsaber..."

Ariel Yvarro

A
It wouldn't take long for Ariel to lead Kurayami back to the ship. The two spent time with idle chatter while they waited for her cousin Decima and when Decima did arrive she wasn't alone, it seemed her cousin had been busy at Port Avalon. It wasn't a moment or two after Decima had arrived at the hangar that she murmured into Ariel's hear. Politely Ariel answered her cousin in the same manner, "he is a friend of the family." She then proceeded to conduct a more formal introduction. "Mr. Bloodborn, this is my cousin Decima Fortan, Decima this is Mr. Kurayami Bloodborn a pilot in the employ of my mother."
Ariel looked past Decima and noticed Kassandra Distorith Kassandra Distorith and gave Decima a look, a raised brow - curious. "If I might introduce myself, I am Ariel Yvarro." And without missing a beat the young woman inquired, "And what might your name be?" If there were to be introductions. Now it seemed all they had to do was wait for her mother of which. "So we are waiting on a few others, I've taken the opportunity to call my parents they are on their way to aid us in our venture." What she didn't know was that there would be additional help and that they were already on the station.

Thankfully, it didn't seem to be overly far from where he ran into Ariel to where the other ship was stationed. The idle chatter was par for the course and didn't bother him, but by the same token he had never been a huge fan of small talk either. Seemed little more than a necessary evil in this case, given that Ariel hadn't briefed him on any details other than the fact that they needed a pilot for flying into the Dead Nebula and finding...something. Or was it some place? Someone? It didn't make much of a difference he supposed given that he was getting paid either way. Once in the hangar it was only a matter of a few seconds before Decima entered as well and spoke discreetly to Ariel. He made no attempt to listen nor did he care to honestly. Once Ariel had answered in the same manner she moved on to the formal introductions. Now he had to actually pay attention. He inclined his head in an informal bow.

"A pleasure to meet you Ms. Fortan."

It was clear to him that Decima was one of the presences he had felt before, but he made no outward indication or comment on such. Decima was followed quickly by another woman, this one was the presence he had felt flare earlier and he did his best to keep from showing that he was slightly uneasy at her sudden appearance. Once Ariel had introduced herself, before Kurayami even had a chance to speakshe was mentioning that there were a few others whom they were waiting upon, Fiolette and Taeli being among them. Okay so the group was a bit larger than he had initially expected, but still everything should be manageable. He hoped.

Resurgent Narrative

R
Fiolette:

Fio smirked as she laid back in bed, "then it is a good thing that you are not a petty woman." Uncomfortable she sat up in bed and fluffed the pillow a bit and listened to Taeli. Slightly offended, "never said I wasn't interested." She corrected her wife, "only said that I wasn't sure if there'd be enough to do what I wanted it to do." Fio inspected the items whilst she sat up, "fancy." The woman remarked and squinted, as an attempt to gain a better look at the gauntlet's detail. "I was hoping to meet someone else there, but it didn't happen..." her voice trailed off, "huh." She handed the gauntlets to her wife. "Gonna get a better look at that when uh when I get a chance."
Then Taeli brought up looking for real estate. "Well, we've got our pick of places so I don't anticipate it being too difficult and we can always build a place there as well." Dosuun just happened to be far back enough in the galaxy and currently a very quiet place all things considered. Fiolette didn't think it suitable for anything she had in mind starships wise, "might be able to finally get that agricultural business up and running, the one I was considering back when I was assisting the Confederacy."
"It is... and before you even start, I'll allow it, and if, only if it's so far beneath the house that I won't even hear a rumble." Fio stopped her wife there and answered the question, it had been a point of contention for them when it came to their Genesia home. Taeli had longed to place a laboratory there and Fio for the longest time had said no but now, now she would concede. "We'll want to get some rest though, I suspect whatever it is Ariel has gotten us involved in, it will not be a simple walk in the park."
The Galidraani woman settled herself into bed as the hum of hyperspace wrapped around the ship. It wouldn't be too long before they would arrive at Port Avalon, and rest was certainly going to help the time go by faster. Shed made the announcement and it was his gruff voice that boomed over the ship's intercoms that woke Fiolette. The Fleetwood had been given a landing pad and a quick search of the Port's security cameras revealed Ariel and Kurayami, along with their friends Ishana and Kaalia and... a couple of other parties.
Ishana:

"Ah okay," the Balmorran acknowledged she smirked though when Kaalia mentioned she was officially retired. "Officially retired? Wow, and so young, so, so young." She teased her wife and then nodded, "yeah... might as well." Ishana finished up her noodles and waited for Kaalia to be done before getting up from the table. It didn't take long to clean up the table and hold out her arm for Kaalia to take. "So I guess now it's one of those how to know sort of deals."
"Get anything back from Taeli?"
Port Avalon wasn't a great place by any means and Ishana led Kaalia toward the hangars, at the very least they could be in the right area. "Retired. So, Lady Pavanos what do you plan on doing with all that free time?" She gave Kaal a light smile and she was sure to have an answer, and the follow up to the question regarding Taeli. They would be directed as to where to meet the couple, and as it turned out not just the couple but a group of other people to boot.
"Oh this just... got interesting," Ishana whispered to her wife, as they met up with the Raafs near a hangar with a few other people.

Decima Fortan

D
"If you say so," said Decima to Ariel, though she remained slightly unconvinced. She straightened and turned back to the group.

Decima gritted her teeth at being addressed as "Ms," but she had to remind herself that not everyone could be Galidraani. "Yes, likewise," she said, her voice clipped. She turned to introduce her new friend, Kassandra Distorith Kassandra Distorith , but Ariel had beat her to the punch. She turned to her cousin and folded her arms around her midsection. "I got the mechanic to accept your sister's word to make the repairs," said Decima. "But there's something happening on this station or near it. I can't put my finger on it, but I don't think it's safe to dally here."

Ariel Yvarro

A
Ariel was about to say something to Decima when she caught sight of a few shadows, and as she turned around. "Mum!" She greeted a little too cheerily and led the group of women toward the others. "Decima, this is my mother Fiolette, stepmother Taeli, and I believe this is Lady Kaalia Pavanos and her wife Ishana." Ariel took the moment to introduce her cousin, "mum, Taeli this is Decima Fortan." When the other woman gave her name Ariel sighed with relief it seemed it was all starting to come together and the ship's repairs were coming along swimmingly as it looked.
"I am quite glad then, although I suspect Ryssa might have a nerf over the costs." But then that would be Ryssa's problem, and not hers. Ariel however was more than happy to get everyone together and briefed once introductions were had.

"There's something to be said about going out at your peak, right?" Kaalia chuckled before working the last bit of her noodles into her mouth and swallowing it down. It wasn't that she was completely stepping away from her life as a Sith. She'd no longer busy herself with any matters of government, instead opting to focus that time on her family. Her work as Valkyrie Matriarch and her apprentices weren't going anywhere, however, even if she wasn't required to keep an eye on the Valkyries at all times.

After linking arms with Ishana the pair made her way out of the shop, and to figure out where to go next the redhead took out her holo again. The display lit up but there wasn't much to be seen, causing her to shake her head. "Nothing. I guess the hangar's going to be our best bet though, since we're still in the dark." And so, off they went.

"Free time? With the imanhan? There's no such thing as free time," Kaalia said with another chuckle. "Though there's definitely room for some more quality time together, now." A wink made the message more than clear if her intonation wasn't enough yet. Her holo then buzzed and as she took it out again she had gotten her directions. Turned out they were moving in the right direction already. Soon the couple laid their eyes on the group that had already gathered.

"You could say that, miala."

Ariel introduced the two as they arrived and Kaalia gave the group a nod in greeting. "You would be correct. It is a pleasure," she responded, remaining quiet beyond that to leave room for any remaining introductions and a better explanation of why she had been asked to be here in the first place.

Resurgent Narrative Kaalia Pavanos Kaalia Pavanos Decima Fortan Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn Kassandra Distorith Kassandra Distorith

"You should come see the facility at Styx then," she said, coming to lay down next to her wife after she took the gauntlets back and placed them in her satchel. "Votoc is besides himself with joy, well as much joy as a Anomid can feel, at the place and the funding. He's already got several ideas for developing nanotech further."

Taeli perked up instantly when Fiolette said she could build a lab under Genesia. It had been something she wanted to do for so long, but she had respected her wife's wishes not to do so. But now... a smile was creeping across her lips, growing larger and larger.

"You won't even know it is there," she promised, kissing her wife softly. "And nothing too dangerous, I promise." She was already thinking about what she might put down there, what equipment, focused on alchemy or sorcery or genetics or any of her other hobbies... oh it could be whatever she wanted really. Underground meant the sky could be the limit, well metaphorically speaking. Settling herself in closer to her wife for the trip through hyperspace, making sure to keep her injured arm in a safe position, she allowed sleep to actually claim her and not some deep meditation state.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Eyes narrowed slightly as she took in the figure of Kurayamai Bloodborn, even before she focused on the rest of the group of their surprisingly larger band. It was very very well established what Taeli thought of the pilot and his tendency to drag her wife into... situations.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Decima," she said in greeting, and she shared a smile towards Kaalia and Ariel and Ishana. She wasn't as familiar with Kassandra, so she received a respectful nod in return, before turning her attention to the younger girl that called them here. "Larger gathering than expected, Ariel. Maybe now you can explain what this is all about now?"

Ariel Yvarro

A
"I do indeed owe you all something of an explanation, however; it is not for the open air to catch, come follow me." Ariel urged the group to follow her onto the Rusted Bucket of Bolts™ the ol' Furious MKII. A ship that Fiolette seemed surprised to see, and one that Ishana wondered about as they followed Ariel up the boarding ramp and into the heart of the small ship. Ariel waited until everyone was on the ship, and until the boarding ramp had folded back into the ship. It was only then that she then took a small datachip and slipped it into the holoterminal.
Displayed for everyone to see was a navigational chart, Ariel had in her hand a small point and click device in which to manipulate the information presented. "Thank you all for coming and on such short notice, not so long ago my cousin and I found information regarding a clandestine First Order facility in the dead nebula, this ship has the coordinates to that facility. This facility contains information and experiments related to Project Foundation, which was meant to be a way to continue the government should the worse come to pass." The worse as in the death of the Supreme Leader or the Grand Moff, or both as was displayed beside the chart from where the ship had been which was Qeravert IV, where it was and where it was plugged to go which had been into the Dead Nebula.
"If the information at the Qeravert IV facility was correct, then inside this facility should be the cloned bodies of the Supreme Leader and the Grand Moff."
"My hope is that we're able to secure the Grand Moff and take her to Galidraan where she was... well, 'buried.' She used the air quotes for the latter word, "not that there was a body to be buried but Galidraan was her home, assuming of course, we're able to bring her back at all. But, even before that we have to get to the Dead Nebula and while the ship has the information on its navcom, we need pilots to get us there."
"We'll also need a way inside the facility, and out, and somewhere to store the clone body here on the ship..."
"Any questions?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom