Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A cup of tea and a discussion of theorem

Aaaine

Everything, anything, for science.
Time: 1300 hours

Aaaine really, truly needed to find a better solution.

Ever since agreeing to help with this group on the side, lending her mind and services how best she could, they had seemingly flown her from one end of the galaxy to the other. This had coincided with a noticeable spike in her anxiety. An extra refill or two of her medication had helped, slightly, but in the back of her mind she knew the likelihood of other health options beginning to pop up if she stayed on this track was increasing with each and every pill.

Still, it was clockwork. Every flight, another of the little white pill. Keeps her nerves calm enough to close her eyes, to try and sleep through the flight. Today, sleep had eluded her. She had instead spent the majority of the trip staring at the ceiling, contemplating the numerous different ways, all minute in detail, that the ship could come crashing down.

“Ma’am?” The voice, different than the hum of the starship that had lulled her into a very light sense of calm, gave her a start that shot her upright in her seat. Blazing red eyes shot toward the front, where Alecari stood with a slight smile on his face. The blasted man understood her fear, and while he didn’t play on it, there were certainly times where it seemed as though he was teasing her. She didn’t hate him for it, but desperately wanted a way to tease him right back. “What is it, Alecari? I was just contemplating all the different ways that one crack in the hull would kill us. Quite an extensive list, I must tell you.”

His blasted grin only grew at her words, giving her more of a reason to scowl right back at him. “We’re landing soon. Might want to buckle in. Belsavis doesn’t usually have the smoothest of landings.” Unable to grumble out anything more than a few curses in Chiss, Aaaine grabbed the straps tightly and pulled them tightly across her body. “Just..get me down safely……..please.” Shutting her eyes to keep the infuriating grin out of her eyesight, but absolutely not out of her mind, she waited for the inevitable shaking and rumbling of the descent.

Perhaps it was her mind screaming at her for all the ways it could go wrong, or how tightly she was grabbing onto the straps, but the descent wasn’t the worst she had experienced. Within a few minutes, they were making their way through the lower atmosphere, headed straight toward one of the few settlements this frozen tundra the people of this world had been able to carve out. With the ship’s flight evening out, she stood, making her way up to the cockpit.

Alecari, eyes fixated to the controls, gave her a slight nod of acknowledgment as she entered. “I’m going to open up a channel, try to get in touch with Magent Karaay Magent Karaay .” Nodding back, she watched as the light on the console turned from red to a flickering blue, an established connection, albeit a shaky one. A quick check over to the Red coat piloting the craft, earning her another silent nod, prompted Aaaine to lean forward and speak into the receiver.

“Magent? If you can hear me, we’ll be landing soon, Alecari and I. Are we meeting at the spaceport or will there be a secondary location?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom