Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Culmination Of Minds [The Je'daii Order]

Azar City
Aurum
Following a rather dramatic seasonal rainstorm, the heat of Aurum returned in full force. The air is more humid than usual and the warmth is almost oppressive, yet for whatever reason numerous members of the Je'daii Order decided it would be a great idea to gather outside away from the air conditioned rooms of the Academy.

Within one of the Plazas, a series of fountains had recently been erected. Given how much work there had been in order to get the City back to working order, more superficial additions such as these had been put on the back-burner, and yet together the people of Aurum had come together in order to have them made. Each featured various heroes - men and women who had formed the world into what it was.

[member='Kära Hearthfire'], High Queen of Aurum, was prominently displayed, alongside fountains depicting the Saviours of Aurum [member='Jorus Merrill'] and [member='Chloe Blake'] whose bases contained the names of those who had died during the Horde's brutal assault of the planet. There was even a fountain dedicated to the original settlers, those first Je'daii who had come to the planet decades ago. [member='Qae Shena'] was the figurehead which sat atop, though numerous shrouded figures flanked him to mark the many nameless Je'daii who settled and eventually fell.

It was here that the group met, beneath the stone figures which reminded them of all which had happened to lead them to this point...

212291-Lincoln-Center-For-The-Performing-Arts.jpg

heromed.jpg

Time: Three weeks after Cecilia's induction
Rank at Time: Journeyer​

Cecilia sat on the central fountain of Hero's Plaza practicing her force abilities on a trio of Jogan fruits, her hydrospanner, and her flashlight, Five objects in total, which she was able to move completely independently. It was much harder than moving objects in unison. She could lift up to 15 objects in that manner now. Smiling to herself, she allowed one of the fruits to drop in her hand. Time for a break. she continued levitating the other objects, which was somewhat easier now, though made more complex by the distraction of chewing.

With a relaxed sigh, Cecilia leaned backwards, promptly falling into the fountain, Her concentration broke, fleeing from the panicking sensation of falling, and all of the objects fell to the ground. Fortunately she saved one fruit, grasped in her left hand. When she hit the water, she let out an "Eeakk!" that would have brought her firmly to the minds of many.

The opening for Hero's square was being done today. I wore my nicest pair of jeans, my cleanest band T-shirt, and a not-ripped denim vest that had a bunch of the different Je'daii symbols on it. Along my belt, I had a broken lightsaber that was a reminder to me, and my second belt or "sword belt" was weighed down by my Oathkeeper. A sword that I had forged myself for the trial to become a Knight rank within the Je'daii Order. I was getting closer every day. Breathing in deeply as I moved out from my quarters, I eagerly walked down the halls. A little white floating shell with a blue light followed me as a shadow. A Keeper named Lucem.

The little guy was annoying as hell, but he was very useful. Storing massive amounts of information within, I could draw upon this information to learn just about anything I needed. Speaking off, The little bugger flew in front of my face and then started to speak to me.

"So remind me again why we weren't here when these people passed?"
"Some passed before we even joined, and we were out searching for more of those Matukai holocrons with Caleo."
"We should have been here. Less people would have died."
"Very likely, but what is done is done. Failure is our greatest teacher."
"For you. I just catalog everything you do."
"Stalker."

Lucem then decided to go into a tirade about how he wasn't a stalker and a form of information I could use. This was my cue to tone him out and not pay attention to what he was saying. I have gotten this lecture before and I didn't need it again. My left hand resting on the pommel of my sword, My right hand was pressed up against my thigh where a holdout blaster was stored in it's holster. Safety is on, and it's charged off. While others may not carry weapons, I have learned time and time again that the enemy chooses when to strike, and we need to prepare ourselves should they choose to do so. Even more so when so many people would be gathered here in memory of the fallen.

Lucem snapped me out of my daze as I came outside to see the statues. Specifically of Qae. The alien being was the man who started this, and I felt sad that he could not see it now. Seeing how all of these people came in his memory and in his legacy of the Je'daii Order. I heard stories of how fatherly strict he may have been, but he had a heart bigger than many. He did it for the betterment of his followers, and people. He deserved every ounce of respect given. Standing up and looking over the statue and the various names written of the lives lost.

Holding two fingers to my forehead, I then placed it at the man's feet. Honoring what he has paved the way for me to come here, and to learn, and to better myself. I just hoped that everyone else saw this chance they were given as well. Turning away from it, I took a second to breathe in before Lucem piped up.

"Why the hell you do that to a statue? it's metal and stone. No point in doing it, the guy is already dead."
"It is a sentient thing for others to pay respect for those who have died lucem. The life they lived, hopefully, created a better tomorrow."
"Why create a better tomorrow when its not a real thing? Tomorrow is an aspect of thought."
"Yes. And we hope that it will be better than yesterday, and today was."
"You people and your sentimental crap."
"When you have a real life of sorrow and loss and knowing that you one day will die, and that every second you live is one step closer to reaching the void, then come back and argue with me over sentimental crap. Otherwise, shut the hell up and catalog stuff like you were made for."

The little floating shard didn't speak a word more with my last words being rather forceful towards him. This meant a lot to me, and he understood it did, but he didn't understand why. The way he was asking it pissed me off. Despite this, I walked away from the statue to attempt to look at the statue of Jorus. Maybe I can finish giving my respects in peace. That was, until a woman fell over into the fountain. Shaking my head, I walked over towards her. Raising a hand over to her, the water that was flooding over her clothing parted from her. The same hand extended to aid her out of the pool.

​"Miss, I recommend watching where you place your feet. Wouldn't want to place your name on one of these plaques because you tripped and split your head open."

Words had a hind of sarcasm, but otherwise it was a true statement. She did need to be careful about it.

[member="Cecilia Wissen"], [member="Asha Hex"],

Cecilia took the hand of the man who had presumably parted the water, and stood up, stepping back to not-wet. "Thank you sir. I'll try to be more careful."

The man was clearly a Je'daii, though not one she had seen before. He was around her age, but she could tell that he was much stronger than her, in body and Force, though considering her experience that was rather unsurprising. He was also significantly taller than her, which made her a tad intimidated. She shrugged internally, and bent down to pick up the things she had dropped, putting the fruit she had managed to hold back down.

"My name is Cecilia Wissen, Journeyer, if that matters to you," by which she meant her rank. With her things collected, she sat back down on the edge, still soaking wet, and took one of the two remaining Jogan fruits. She submerged it in the water, then shook it off and offered it to Ignis. "Jogan?" she asked.

Alana Sunrider

A
Onna pauses and adjusted the pack on her back as strode into the square. She’d never been here before and had only briefly heard of it through messages with the order that she was vaguely a part of. It wasn’t something she was quite sure why. The sword hung at her hip and she paused. Others had already taken their seats nearby.

The young woman squared her shoulders and stride over to them.

“This where we meeting?” She gestured to invoke the general vicinity. “I’m Onna.”

At least, she hoped this was the right meeting and not some club or anonymous support group. That could be awkward.

It seemed we had more newcomers within our ranks than I had antisipated. I had heard on my leave that we got more numbers. This young woman must have been one. Gathering her things. As soon as she grabbed everything, I let the water slowly fall back into place in the fountain. No need to slash it and get more water on her. She was dripping wet. I could tell that she was wearing various layers of her robes due to how thick and heavy it looked. More over, she seemed to be carrying Jogan around with her. A fruit my father had imported to Kro Var as a child due to it not growing naturally there.

Shaking my head as she offered it after speaking her name to be Cecilia, I did not require food at this time. However, I did take the fruit from her hand, gently placed my hand onto her wrist.

"Ignis Imura. Hold still."

It only took a few moments, drafts of hot air as well as acting upon the clothes themselves gave way to dry them. Steam almost seemed to come off of her for just a second or two. And then her clothes were dry. Nice thing about being a pyromancer, is that you were never cold, nor wet. I then handed the fruit back to her should she feel like offering it to someone else more inclined to take it. As if on cue, another person walked up. Introducing themselves to us. Onna. Never heard a name like that before, but who can really judge where my name is the root word for fire.

"Yes. This is Hero's Square. You may pay your respects or indulge in whatever may be here. I assume both of you are new to the Order correct?"

[member="Onna Sunrider"], [member="Cecilia Wissen"], [member="Asha Hex"],

"I am. I became a member of the Je'daii order three weeks ago, and a Journeyer yesterday."

Her progress in the order had been somewhat accelerated by her dedication to learning about the Force and her self discipline in the matter. Today, after three straight weeks of close to zero free time, Cecilia had decided that she deserved a day off. It also allowed her to come to whatever this meeting was. Jyn had said that it was partially so that the newer members of the Order could meet their fellows. [member="Mariya Fleischer"] was the only person she had met that had not been training her.

Cecilia was very excited for today. She finally had a day with no saber, force, or philosophy discussions, and she wasn't planning on spending all of it in meditation as she had in the past few weekends. "I don't know about Onna here, as I haven't seen her before, but I would assume that she's new as well?" She cast an inquisitive gaze at [member="Onna Sunrider"] .

After Onna responded, she turned back to "Ignis" (which she doubted was his real name, but she wasn't going to mention that). "How did you dry my clothes? I didn't know the force could be used in that manner?"

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Alana Sunrider

A
[member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Cecilia Wissen"]

Onna nodded and took a seat in the square, looking around with wide eyes. She always loved visiting new worlds and new cultures. Ambria had been such a quiet world, mostly desolate. But this? This was something new. Some of the faces were ones she recognized from her time affiliated with similar organizations as the heroes.

"New?" She considered for a moment and then shrugged. "I've been off on my own for a while. Just got the message about the meeting here."

The young woman adjusted the sword at her hip and moved to sling it behind her back. If they had more skill at sensing things than she did, they would recognize the Dark signature emanating from it, although she herself was definitely not Dark.

"Do we have an agenda for this meeting?"

The woman who I had aided from the fountain seemed to have an aura of confusion as well as caution around me. I doubt she trusted me in any sense of the word. Despite this, She was astounded, or it seemed to be in that fashion, at my prowess to dry her and her cloths off. She did not understand how the force could do such things. I simply looked at her and shrugged it off with my answer as she introduced herself as being relatively new.

"The force can do anything you set your mind to. If you can think it, you, or someone else, can do it."

I then tilted my head and eyed her to let her know that this would be the end of that tangent from the conversation. I didn't like openly revealing my prowess unless I was in battle. I was not in said situation, thus I kept it quiet. As well, hints of my powers would lead many to discover my heritage for which I could be hunted down for.

Turning to the other woman Onna, she answered as being someone who traveled around. Carrying a sword with her, I did noticed a hint of the dark side, but that was not uncommon around here. Many who were light, or dark came to seek balance, and thus people like myself who had a dark aura around them were suspicious, but not treated with any disrespect. To continue this, I decided to ask her more.

"As far as I am aware, it is just a meet and greet. You are more than welcome to take a look around and to see if you like it here. Should anyone have a problem with you here, let me know and I will take care of it. Otherwise, I did see that sword you have. Who created it? Looks to be quite the craftsmanship."

Indicating that I had my own blade that I, myself had created, I knew what I was talking about.

"If you do not wish to share, that is fine. Everyone can have their space and privacy should they choose."

[member="Onna Sunrider"], [member="Cecilia Wissen"],

Alana Sunrider

A
[member="Ignis Imura"]

Onna's eyes drifted around the square, taking in the sights, only half-listening. Until he mentioned her sword at least. She unbelted it from around her waist and studied it for a moment, before holding it out in front of her, offering it to him to inspect.

"No idea. Salvaged it from my homeworld. Looks like it had been broken in half at some point." It had indeed and it dated back thousands of years to the Sith Wars of ages past, one of the Sith double-bladed cortosis vibroblades. "Couldn't really tell you anything more about it." She'd wrapped the half of the haft that remained in thick leather to protect her hands.

"So," she said after a moment, slowly turning around. "What brings you all here?"

The woman presented her weapon. Taking care when handing it to me. Reaching out to grab it, the handle was wrapped on the bottom. Taking a simple look showed me that the weapon once had a longer grip, or was a double bladed weapon and was broken. However, the break had been done so long ago, that any sharp edges that may have been on it were long gone. Even voiced by the woman as I inspected it and slowly swung the blade around on my right before bringing it to rest in both of my hands. One on the blade, and the other on the grip.

"A Sith Warblade. Quite interesting that you found one that had been broken. Very rare for that to happen due to their creation. These were made to fit the user of someone who had proved themselves."

This was true. Studying blades, weaponry, and other such for my various classes in Vur Tepe was a necessity. Even more so since it was old Sith culture and I had been born into a family who were Sith, and my father was a Sith Alchemist. So many ties to this single blade. Handing it back over to her, I nodded my thanks.

"If you want a replacement, meet me at the forges sometime. I could give you one more suited to you."

It was with that, she asked what we were doing here, and why we were here. Instead of opening myself up completely to her, I gave her some simple answers that were filled with the truth.

"Came here to respect the opening of the Square, and those who created the Je'daii order into what it is today. Ever since I joined, I felt at home here. No reason to forget about those who created such a place to give me a second chance."

[member="Onna Sunrider"], [member="Cecilia Wissen"],

Alana Sunrider

A
[member="Ignis Imura"]

"Really?" Onna looked over, craning her neck to get a better glimpse of the blade. "I didn't know that. What made them breaking so rare?" She considered a moment and ran a hand through her hair as she thought back to remember where she had found it. There had been no sign of the other half, or what had caused it to break. Just old legends about a half-forgotten battle with uncertain opponents. "I'd be delight for a better suited blade and learning how to make one."

She nodded as he spoke, head tilted to one side. "That's neat. I'm glad I found my here in that case."

Cecilia listened to [member="Ignis Imura"] and [member="Onna Sunrider"] 's conversation, not saying anything until they finished. She didn't know anything about the Sith warblades which they were discussing, although she was certainly aware or their darkside aura. She was really just watching them, until Onna asked a question. After Ignis responded, a reply that certainly revealed a bit about him, she too gave an answer.

"I recently joined the Order and wanted to interact with more members. I've really only gotten to know Jyn and Ar'ekk. Basically to diversify the people I know here. This is the first time I've seen anyone in the order who wields a sword, and now I know two, so clearly this is working out quite nicely."

She was happy to get to know more people at the order. That meant more to train with, to talk with, and to work with. And it made this place feel more like home, a metamorphosis which was certainly occurring. Perhaps she would soon feel like Ignis.

The woman was surprised with the answer and the explanation of the weapon that she held. While they were made out of Cortosis in some cases, it being a rather brittle metal, the weave that could be forged from this same substance is lightsaber resistant and is very strong. Able to be used like any other sword and light enough to compete with lightsabers. However, the downside was that it didn't have high Sheer strength. Smacking the flat of the blade against a surface hard enough could break it. Rumors of them breaking in half on the blades due to being crushed or being snapped over the knee of some superhuman strengthened being had made some ripples against it.

However, that was then, and this is now. The offer to make the blade was clearly taken up, and even more so how Onna stated she wanted to learn how to create a sword in the first place. A good idea to go with and to make a start. Considering her armor and the accent she had, it seemed she may be from the Mandalorian area of space. Not confirmed, but only an assumption. Or at the very least knew about the Mandos and their style.

The new Je'daii, Cecilia, spoke up to answer for her own self. About wanting to meet more people, and was glad to meet someone who used swords. Two of us now it seemed. Nodding my head to her, It seemed we were simply going to be talking. And that was enough for me. Lucem however, started to make buzzing sounds to cue him into the conversation. I raised my hand to him and shook my head before turning back to the two women.

"This is a good place to start if any."

[member="Cecilia Wissen"], [member="Onna Sunrider"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom