Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of Restricted Item suggestions

Concerning Restricted Items:

While the word to the Factory Admin, Fabs, is that the Restricted Items list is under control of "Big Staff" (All Admins, RPJ's) this doesn't mean we're close-minded to suggestions. Make a thread in the Factory Discussion forum. Point out each individual thing you think should be on the Restricted List. Linking to the Star Wars wikia helps, if not required. Then describe, in your opinion, under each item why you think they should be on the list. Bonus points for coming up with a Restricted Item objective.

This community thrives on user-generated content. Don't wait for someone to do something you can do yourself.
A couple of fun ones come to mind:

Sith Alchemized Metal
  • Reasoning: To keep people from getting confused about whether a basic Sith sword is allowed without a development thread or a tech submission. Sith alchemized swords and armor are just as durable as, for example, Mandalorian iron, with additional benefits like the ability to absorb/deflect lightning.
  • (( Objective: Complete a role-play involving alchemy with a PC alchemist, OR or be the target of (or collect) a bounty of 1 million credits or higher. ))

Fireworm Scales
  • Reasoning: Eol Sha fireworm scales are probably canon's coolest lightsabre-resistant material. They are brittle enough to shatter after a few impacts, lending them some natural PVP balance and making fights more interesting. Until they shatter, however, they are fully lightsabre-resistant, probably more so than songsteel or even Mandalorian iron.
  • (( Objective: Kill an adult fireworm on Eol Sha, Mustafar, or another planet with large amounts of exposed magma, OR complete a roleplay that covers two timelines at once -- either two separate 'what if' timelines, or a past and present timeline.))

@[member="Davin"]
tumblr_ljc3vvYDNz1qddfrco1_500.gif

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Rave Merrill said:
A couple of fun ones come to mind:

Sith Alchemized Metal

• Reasoning: To keep people from getting confused about whether a basic Sith sword is allowed without a development thread or a tech submission. Sith alchemized swords and armor are just as durable as, for example, Mandalorian iron, with additional benefits like the ability to absorb/deflect lightning.
  • (( Objective: Complete a role-play involving alchemy with a PC alchemist, OR or be the target of (or collect) a bounty of 1 million credits or higher. ))
So, now that we can safely say all of my products are worth at least 1,000,000 credits, I believe I have some work to do.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Not sure if I agree with the bounty one, as it feels like people can either be the target of bogus bounties, or everyone is gong to try to hunt each other just for the reward; either pretty counterproductive. x.x

Don't mind me, just my two decicredits.

I agree a little bit about the bounty. Shortly ago folks were throwing in gold plated ships and 3 million credit bounties around. Might create a lot of false bounties or bounties for idiotic reasons.

Never in the universe will you get me to submit a normal canon Sith Sword to the factory when my character could logically get/find/make one. If it does something special, sure. But if its just a regular Sith Sword? Nope ain't gonna happen.

There's a point when restricting things just becomes annoying, and when its something this well documented in canon i would call it annoying. Those are just my two cents however and if Staff votes to make it restricted i'll of course abide by the restriction, i'll likely just stop using Sith Swords.

If it's not being abused, we don't really need to restrict it. For example. Akk dog hide and fireworm scales are both unlikely to get restricted, because no one really touches them. If that were to change, then we would definitely restrict them.

Sith Alchemy everything gets abused. Expect restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom