Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Community's Opinion: Major Faction Owner Elections

Supreme Overlord Dredge said:
I don't think this would be wise, if someone comes to me and tells me I'm running things wrong I expect each and every one of my members to tell me. And if I can't change then I will step down. But I see this being used to gain power in larger factions, this is in support of the Drama Llama and I think that it shouldn't be boiled down to we don't like you so we overthrow you in the election because we think this Kat is better. I'm a firm believer of handling things like men, not with paper work
I second this. Catering the drama llamas are not a good approach at all. I am sure the idea that was adopted is within good intentions but we must consider every single person on this board that can use the system and abuse it. Those people do exist believe it or not.

his is in support of the Drama Llama and I think that it shouldn't be boiled down to we don't like you so we overthrow you in the election because we think this Kat is better
People can do this already via Rebellions.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Ashe the Reaper said:
4) Ten days is actually kinda short, especially for the smaller factions. Besides, people sometimes require extended leaves of absence for finals, vacations and other instances. Just imho personally, two weeks/fifteen days would be a reasonable compromise. No people thirsting to auto-impeach like bloodhounds just because something came up unexpected.
:p
I get your point though.

I'm pretty sure anyone can manage to get a notice out in 10 days time that "hey, I'm gonna be away for a while."

To not expect this is unreasonable of the Faction Owner. However, I'd have no problem increasing it to 14 days.

The question is how they will actually work when implement as opposed to our speculation and theory on how they will work. Not to mention the relation between the active writers, new writers, and the niched writers. If this was say, voting for a larger faction only when the owner stepped down I would agree, but there are to many ways this can be exploited.

Darth Kentarch said:
The question is how they will actually work when implement as opposed to our speculation and theory on how they will work. Not to mention the relation between the active writers, new writers, and the niched writers. If this was say, voting for a larger faction only when the owner stepped down I would agree, but there are to many ways this can be exploited.
As the saying goes on Staff, very few things go as intended. And yes, there are an infinite number of ways to exploit anything. However, there are just as many ways to fix and prevent these exploits.

Darth Kentarch said:
Aye, I very much agree. I wouldn't want other factions to endure the headaches as well. Perhaps the method could be modified somehow so that it can not be exploited so easily?

Darth Iscariot said:
Perhaps the method could be modified somehow so that it can not be exploited so easily?
Well, first the exploits would have to be found and tried. Only then could solutions be proposed. Kinda like how this suggestion for the rules is to fix an exploit that Faction Owners can retain power among just a few individuals with zero accountability.

This proposal IS a solution being proposed for a CURRENT EXPLOIT, guys. Don't forget that.

Really either way this goes I don't really care, I am confident that my members enjoy how I run things. If not they come to me and talk to me about it or elect me out. My policy is to treat everyone differently because everyone is their own special snowflake and a base standard can't satisfy everyone and solve their problems. I think faction leaders as a whole need to lead by example and show that they are no more important than a padawan or a the smallest member in their faction. I would kill dredge or give him up for ANY of my members. And I think that if more faction owners had that mentally there wouldn't be a need for elections and drama if you reinforce to your members that you are there for them. They aren't there for you

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I see the valid point in everyone's concerns, but I also see how this may make things better. My only concern aside from those I've addressed is... well, how can we put this? Have you seen the Republic processes in the last three~ months? The change can be good, especially when the majority desires it and can agree on the necessity, only OOC politics often become far more serious then they need to be and manage to always affect the IC when the it makes too many waves.
I know this is only natural and unavoidable, so I expect it without problems. I know maturity > conflicts.

Really either way this goes I don't really care, I am confident that my members enjoy how I run things. If not they come to me and talk to me about it or elect me out. My policy is to treat everyone differently because everyone is their own special snowflake and a base standard can't satisfy everyone and solve their problems. I think faction leaders as a whole need to lead by example and show that they are no more important than a padawan or a the smallest member in their faction. I would kill dredge or give him up for ANY of my members. And I think that if more faction owners had that mentally there wouldn't be a need for elections and drama if you reinforce to your members that you are there for them. They aren't there for you
Aye, I say the same for myself. I strive to keep us together as a family. I tend to everyone's needs and wants and come up with solutions to keep the peace. That way, the faction is always rolling and growing. :)

Tefka said:
As the saying goes on Staff, very few things go as intended. And yes, there are an infinite number of ways to exploit anything. However, there are just as many ways to fix and prevent these exploits.
Well right now the system works, and like you said with invasion rules Tef, if aint broke don't fix it.

But you see, that's the excuse any "Owner" would make. Notice how I did not say Leader. A Leader is humble and will at the consent of his members allow them this right. If your beliefs are valid, they shall confirm them. If not, then your beliefs were misplaced, not theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom